Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to buy a brand new iphone

• 12-02-2014 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi I was just wondering where I could purchase a brand new iphone 4s. My iphone has been damaged and can't be replaced, my insurance doesn't cover it and so I need to buy a new one. I've tried to buy a second hand one but they all seem to be stolen and I definitely do not want to buy a stolen iphone. I need to buy one from a shop or something...I had a look on the apple site and I can only see 8gb 4s and I wanted a 16gb as this is what I had before....Is apple.com the only place to purchase an iphone new? and also would 8gb be enough for average use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The iPhone 4S isn't produced in 16gb or higher anymore & 8gb is going to be tight for storage. Would you consider the extra money for a 16gb 5c? You obviously get better specs as well and a larger phone. That's €200 extra though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Quite a few new ones on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B005VTIHFA/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1392248080&sr=8-1&keywords=iPhone+4s&condition=new

Also, 8gb is ok but not really enough for normal usage. It'd get full pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jellybeans wrote: »
    My iphone has been damaged and can't be replaced, my insurance doesn't cover it and so I need to buy a new one.
    What's wrong with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

thanks for the reply...oh the logic board is damaged, I took it to two places. Does anyone know if O2 can see what iphone I am using on my account??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

O2 won't care what phone you use whether it's an iPhone or not.

• Advertisement

Hi I was more wondering about the insurance as you cant insure a phone that you havent bought through o2

There's other insurers that will insure it. You won't be able to use the O2 insurance regardless, even if you get the same iPhone that broke. The imei is different and the insurance have a record of it.

guil wrote: »
    There's other insurers that will insure it. You won't be able to use the O2 insurance regardless, even if you get the same iPhone that broke. The imei is different and the insurance have a record of it.

Ye i had a look and it says you have to have bought the phone. I got it second hand in the end, do you know what documentation they ask for when making a claim?? Incidentally Does O2 know what iPhone im using?

Why are you so worried over O2 knowing what phone you're using. They won't pay out for a phone that they already told you was beyond repair so paying the insurance is pointless.

well just if I wanted to get insurance somewhere else I would have to show them documentation I bought the phone new but I didn't, also I was just wondering did O2 know what iphone people are calling from...more out of curiosity than anything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

well just if I wanted to get insurance somewhere else I would have to show them documentation I bought the phone new but I didn't, also I was just wondering did O2 know what iphone people are calling from...more out of curiosity than anything else

Networks can tell what phone you are using alright through the unique IMEI number. Insurers won't insure a second hand phone either. Too much risk around potential existing faults.

Someone mentioned one insurance company that will insure it at any time but I can't remember the name of them. Could of been chill or gadget insurance but I'm not sure.

guil wrote: »
    Someone mentioned one insurance company that will insure it at any time but I can't remember the name of them. Could of been chill or gadget insurance but I'm not sure.

And they will insure second hand phones?

And they will insure second hand phones?

Don't think so but gadgetinsurance.ie will insure it once it's under 24 months old. You need proof of purchase for a claim. Think chill is the same.

Advertisement