Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock en Seine 2014

Options
  • 13-02-2014 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

22nd, 23rd and 24th of August 2014 (weekend festival) in Paris.

Line-up so far:

Arctic Monkeys
    Portishead
    Lana del Rey
    The Prodigy
    Queens of the Stone Age
    + Jake Bugg, Die Antwoord, Joey Badass, Volbeat, Flume, Airbourne, Superdiscount 3, and Warpaint.

Three day ticket: €119
    Day tickets: Usually €45 but 2014 prices not yet announced.
    Campsite weekend access: Usually about €30 for the weekend but 2014 prices not yet announced.

I've been to Rock en Seine three times and it's my favourite music festival (though I've only been to a handful of music festivals.) It's in a beautiful forest / park area and has a really chilled vibe. No knacker-drinking or loudmouths.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

whirlpool wrote: »

Three-day tickets are usually between €90-€100.

Really - that cheap?!?

I'd love a wee trip to Paris this summer, do they usually sell day tickets and is it an easy location to get to/from? The metro system in Paris is great and loads of hostel options to keep the cost down, cant imagine camping in the Parisian heat during August is much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

lc180 wrote: »
    Really - that cheap?!?

I'd love a wee trip to Paris this summer, do they usually sell day tickets and is it an easy location to get to/from? The metro system in Paris is great and loads of hostel options to keep the cost down, cant imagine camping in the Parisian heat during August is much fun.

The first time I went, the 3-day tickets were €90. There are just 3 stages and it's a small enough festival. But I've just checked and this year they are €119.

They sell day tickets for about €45. This year's prices for day tickets haven't been announced yet.

It's seriously easy to get to. It's pretty central. See exact location here: http://goo.gl/NgS0zR

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Have been to the festival a few time also and its lovely festival and usually really good line up. Was there a few years back the day Oasis split up - instead we got Madness for a 2nd set that day - probably will go again this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Have been to the festival a few time also and its lovely festival and usually really good line up. Was there a few years back the day Oasis split up - instead we got Madness for a 2nd set that day - probably will go again this year

I was there too :)

So i booked myself a day ticket for the Saturday, absolute bargain at €49!

Has anyone got any rookie tips for this festival and any info regarding what prices to expect inside the festival site, I know Paris is pricey but should I expect €10 a pint?

Accomodation wise I'm gonna look i to an apartment but can anyone recommend a hostel easy to get to/from the festival? Looking for a backup plan if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

That is ridiculously cheap for that kind of lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Has anyone got any rookie tips for this festival and any info regarding what prices to expect inside the festival site, I know Paris is pricey but should I expect €10 a pint?

Was there in 2010 and it was (iirc) 7 euro for a Heineken. The benefit was that there was never beer queues. In fact the crowd really seemed sober compared to any other festival I've been to. There was a place that did wine for 25 euro a bottle but the queues were always mad there. Food I think was standard festival prices and pretty tasty too. Lots of queues though. Searches were fairly tough. Think everyone gets a pat down and bag search so arrive in plenty of time. Toilets were poor with big queues and overflowing mud baths nearby so leave the flip flops at home. Other than that was pretty nice location.

Toast wrote: »
    Was there in 2010 and it was (iirc) 7 euro for a Heineken. The benefit was that there was never beer queues. In fact the crowd really seemed sober compared to any other festival I've been to. There was a place that did wine for 25 euro a bottle but the queues were always mad there. Food I think was standard festival prices and pretty tasty too. Lots of queues though. Searches were fairly tough. Think everyone gets a pat down and bag search so arrive in plenty of time. Toilets were poor with big queues and overflowing mud baths nearby so leave the flip flops at home. Other than that was pretty nice location.

Cheers for the info! I never even thought about the possibility of mud, lets hope that's not an issue!

Anyone else got any tips or info?

Full Line-up is announced May 20th

Have finally booked time off work and my TGV ticket this morning - should be a great festival

• Advertisement

Have finally booked time off work and my TGV ticket this morning - should be a great festival

got my flights sorted and day tickets for Friday & Saturday. All I need now is an apartment or cheap hotel in Paris, tricky enough planning as its a ridiculously huge city and quite pricey too.

got my flights sorted and day tickets for Friday & Saturday. All I need now is an apartment or cheap hotel in Paris, tricky enough planning as its a ridiculously huge city and quite pricey too.

I booked an apartment through airbnb 20 mins walk from festival - 160 eur for the 3 nights.

I booked an apartment through airbnb 20 mins walk from festival - 160 eur for the 3 nights.

Have you been before? Just wondering which areas of the city are considered handy for the festival and a good base for sightseeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

Just booked weekend ticket! Looking forward to it! :D

Same Q as poster above... Recommendations for accommodation for weekend?

This will be my fourth year - staying in an apartment on Bilancourt about 10 walk to the festival - loads on airbnb as for sightseeing the cheaper areas to stay would be around the Moulin Rouge and Montemarte. Amazing city and as gig start late enough can do some sightseeing in the mornings.

So is there many travelling over for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jasonc99

I am good over for the Friday, lineup is amazing. Is there many going over? What is best way to get from Charles de gualle airport to pont de saint cloud?

I think you will need get the RER into the city and then line 10 out to the venue. It will take a while - i only arrive down early evening from Luxembourg.

I think you will need get the RER into the city and then line 10 out to the venue. It will take a while - i only arrive down early evening from Luxembourg.

Thanks. Very much, seems really well setup and hopefully be good

Yeah it is about 30 mins on underground from the city in lovely park. Been going for a good few years now and some of the cheapest beer you will find in Paris is in the festival. Think 6eur a pint. But easy enough sneak in camel packs and the like.

Only downside is its over early every night but thats due to coincide with last trains back to the city.

• Advertisement

Nice one, I booked the saint cloud hotel so wouldn't have to deal with getting back into.Paris. hopefully get to see the PARC de princes when am over

Parc De Princes and Rolland Garros are in easy walking distance

Just booked my accommodation. Didn't have much luck with airb&b so went down the Hotwire route and got a decent hotel on the cheap. Staying in the Montparnasse area, probably not the handiest area for getting to/from the festival site but it'll be grand for site seeing during the day.

Really looking forward to it now! Working a playlist at the moment, anyone got recommendations for any of the less known bands on the bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

Just booked my accommodation. Didn't have much luck with airb&b so went down the Hotwire route and got a decent hotel on the cheap. Staying in the Montparnasse area, probably not the handiest area for getting to/from the festival site but it'll be grand for site seeing during the day.

Really looking forward to it now! Working a playlist at the moment, anyone got recommendations for any of the less known bands on the bill?

Not sure if these are classified as "less known" but these I found all really good and looking forward to trying to get to see as many as possible!

Gary Clark Jr
    St Paul and the Broken Bones
    Joey Bada$$
    Lucius
    Royal Blood

Staying in an apartment we booked through AirBnB in the Boulogne-Billancourt area which is quite near Saint Cloud thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kevok2

I'm going over in a group of three, because one of the girls didn't know she had to book a camping ticket she has 3 day pass but no camping.
    Does anybody have / know anybody with an odd number group going so we could share a camping pass (not share tent),
    Having to buy 2 tickets for camping is kind of stupid.

Always guys about selling tickets at the entrance - not sure what they charge

I dont want to tempt fate here but.... ive heard in past years wellies were needed due to crappy weather. Does anyone know any French department stores that would be reliable to find a pair last minute if needed?

I dont want to tempt fate here but.... ive heard in past years wellies were needed due to crappy weather. Does anyone know any French department stores that would be reliable to find a pair last minute if needed?

Weather was bad last year and the grounds were just mud by the end of wend. H&M are cheap in france but not sure if one close to venue

• Advertisement

Good call on H&M thanks! I get to Paris pretty late on Thursday so definitely need a back-up plan to find wellies first thing on Friday.

Advertisement