Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Regarding VTOS

Options
  • 13-02-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello

I am a student on my second year of VTOS payments... Everything is fine as I am receiving payments which is seriously needed for me to even be able to attend my college.

The reason I am writing this is because I heard somewhere that if I were to miss over 15 days of my course throughout the year that my payments would be cut off.

This worries me because I know I have missed days probably more then that and not due to lack of interest or because I am not serious about my course because the fact is I am.

I was top of my class and got a special certificate for my overall results presented to me with my level 5 Fetac and now I am in my level 6 and am going on to present some work I have done this year in a national competition.

I have missed days due to an instructor I have who is clearly running out time for his pension and limits us to the amount of time we have in our workshop.

Basically my timetable would be this. (Mon 9-5, Tuesday 9-11, Wed 11-6,Thurs 9-4)

We would have this instructor on a Tuesday and by the time we are in and set up its time to wind down and put our stuff away because he is always saying that the power in our workshop is turned off at 11 because he is leaving. Which is very frustrating because for starters he never helps us he would criticize us for not knowing, tell us were doing it wrong, be smug and tell us its done like this and walk off for his coffee.

Anyway, it makes coming in on a Tuesday utterly pointless. We are basically coming in to clock in and clock out so to speak.

The other instructor we have is excellent, he allows us to stay behind hours and is very good at explaining and helping with our work.
    I have always stayed behind for hours on the days he is teaching us and have made my hours back for the missed Tuesdays and then some.
    I am on time with my work and am in line for being top of the class again for my second year...... but now I fear I am at risk for my payments being cut off because of the missed Tuesdays that have built up.

Can someone please tell me if there an allocated amount of days before you are cut off or something because this is seriously worrying me because I have my heart set on going to America for a 12 month visa and having to leave college due to not being able to afford to attend is really going to ruin my chances.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

You need to speak to the head of the VTOS course about this. They would be monitoring your hours and would know if you are falling below required attendance days and amount of hours.

Advertisement