Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete sleeper retaining wall issue

Options
  • 13-02-2014 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello I am looking for some advice, the boundary wall between myself and my next door neighbour has begun to bow and I've notice some cracks in the concrete posts and sleepers. My neighbours house is about 6 feet higher than mine so the boundary wall also holds back his garden. I received quotes from various builders to dig out my neighbours garden and put in a brick wall however these range from between 6k to 10k and I just don't have the money to do this at the moment . So my question is are there any retrofit solutions that can reinforce the wall to ensure I get at least another 2 years out of it before we have to build a new. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hello I am looking for some advice, the boundary wall between myself and my next door neighbour has begun to bow and I've notice some cracks in the concrete posts and sleepers. My neighbours house is about 6 feet higher than mine so the boundary wall also holds back his garden. I received quotes from various builders to dig out my neighbours garden and put in a brick wall however these range from between 6k to 10k and I just don't have the money to do this at the moment . So my question is are there any retrofit solutions that can reinforce the wall to ensure I get at least another 2 years out of it before we have to build a new. Thanks
    seek advice from a structural eng.

Advertisement