Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

5live wrote: »
    I saw a stat the other day along the lines of having Agger in the defence over Sakho had us having more points and more clean sheets this season.

I am trying to find it but cant track back on the phone.

All our defenders are prone to mistakes under the system we play IMO,

I personally would not class any of our centre backs better than each other this season.

All i do know is that If BR was to sort out the defence we would be unstoppable IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

opr wrote: »
    1-0 Liverpool at half time. Incredible goal :pac:

Opr

What was final score.

Put 50 on it following your tip.

Edit; checked my Paddy Power and I see we won. Cheers OPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a Spurs win. Chelsea losing and Tim Sherwood cementing his place as manager of Spurs is effectively both teams losing

No worries on that front, Tim will not be manager come next August no matter what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Although I'm happy to have Sakho back and see him as a mainstay in the team for a few years hopefully, I wouldn't throw him straight back in for the Utd game, I think I'd just leave it as Agger and Skrtel, the boys have played these kind of games many times and I think it would be just a bit of a safer bet than chucking Sakho in at the deep end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Morzadec wrote: »
    The Hull penalty was an absolute joke.

United should have a stonewall penalty to level it up.

Sandro might well have been penalized for a hand ball against Sunderland.

They won a match at the start of the season with an arguable dive from Townsend (opposition escapes me).

That's 8 points that could (in 2 cases absolutely should) have gone against them

They have been extremely fortunate this season imo

I like to think we deserve all this luck after Chelsea robbed us of our rightful place in the CL in 2012 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

djPSB wrote: »
    What was final score.

Put 50 on it following your tip.

Edit; checked my Paddy Power and I see we won. Cheers OPR.

Full time 2-0
    What odds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Although I'm happy to have Sakho back and see him as a mainstay in the team for a few years hopefully, I wouldn't throw him straight back in for the Utd game, I think I'd just leave it as Agger and Skrtel, the boys have played these kind of games many times and I think it would be just a bit of a safer bet than chucking Sakho in at the deep end.

Sakho has another week to get up to speed for the Man U game. Would not worry about throwing him in at the deep end though, he has plenty of experience of high pressure games from his time with PSG and also with the French national team and is the type of strong personality we need in the team for the run in.

How will Agger deal with all the crosses though :P

Mickalus wrote: »
    Full time 2-0
    What odds?

10/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I dont see why everyone is so eager to have sahko back, 90% of the games i saw him in he wouldnt instill much confidence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I dont see why everyone is so eager to have sahko back, 90% of the games i saw him in he wouldnt instill much confidence

I thought I was the only one... he plays with a nervous look about him. I'm hoping in time he comes good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I don't think our defensive problems are going to be miraculously solved by Sakho either. He's been no better than Agger, Skrtel, Toure when he's played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

T-K-O wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one... he plays with a nervous look about him. I'm hoping in time he comes good.

He looks nervous but other than 15 minutes against City he's been rock solid.

He just has a weird gait.

Gbear wrote: »
    He looks nervous but other than 15 minutes against City he's been rock solid.

He just has a weird gait.

He looks like an accident waiting to happen. He also has this bad habit of waiting until the last second to make a pass, if I was being critical I would put that down to having a bad first touch, takes to long to control the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

T-K-O wrote: »
    He looks like an accident waiting to happen. He also has this bad habit of waiting until the last second to make a pass, if I was being critical I would put that down to having a bad first touch, takes to long to control the ball.

Except the pass always seems to find the mark.

He looks like that, but it seems like that's just the way it plays.

Thus far it's worked pretty well.
    Maybe he's just been lucky but he's got it right in the end too many times.

Gbear wrote: »
    Except the pass always seems to find the mark.

He looks like that, but it seems like that's just the way it plays.

Thus far it's worked pretty well.
    Maybe he's just been lucky but he's got it right in the end too many times.

I put it down to nerves but I hope you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Skrtel and Agger have one and a half games back together, culminating in our first clean sheet in a while, and people want to throw Sakho back in straight away against united? Less chopping and changing at CB (been our problem all year) and more partnership building please.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

His passing is something i really like, has a good eye for a pass for a centre half. picks someone out and plays it nice and firmly into them, gets us playing ball no hoofing up the field

So Suarez leaving is the topic again? :P

Enjoy this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Skrtel and Agger have one and a half games back together, culminating in our first clean sheet in a while, and people want to throw Sakho back in straight away against united? Less chopping and changing at CB (been our problem all year) and more partnership building please.

Yeah id agree with that and I can't see Rodgers changing the back four after our first clean sheet since probably the Spurs game.

• Advertisement

I'd leave the CBs as is for the Utd game tbh.

Also, if playing Johnson play him at RB or not at all. That's what he is after all. Does Flanagan deserve to be dropped though? Probably not. So I'd go with the not at all option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I like Sakho and would prefer to see him in the team but he's been out for a while and will be rusty. Also if he can't cope with the demands of an under 21 game without going off with cramp then the Utd game might be a bit soon for him. Leave Agger and Skrtel there imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd leave the CBs as is for the Utd game tbh.

Also, if playing Johnson play him at RB or not at all. That's what he is after all. Does Flanagan deserve to be dropped though? Probably not. So I'd go with the not at all option.

Why not have Johnson play LB?? I would leave things as they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Are we on tele this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭dzer2

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Are we on tele this weekend?

Dont know who we is but the pool have no game this week end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

THIS WEEK, I AM MOSTLY HOPING FOR.....DRAWS.

mqdefault.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

dzer2 wrote: »

I - the royal we, you know, the editorial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

dzer2 wrote: »

who's the pool?

billy2012 wrote: »
    Why not have Johnson play LB?? I would leave things as they are.

He's been average to poor since he came back imo. Plus it isn't his natural position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

He's been average to poor since he came back imo. Plus it isn't his natural position

He was as bad or worse at Right back for most of the last 12 months.

He was as bad or worse at Right back for most of the last 12 months.

Which makes it even more bizarre that he slots in at LB.

I'd have Cissokho in ahead of him. He was playing alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Which makes it even more bizarre that he slots in at LB.

I'd have Cissokho in ahead of him. He was playing alright

yeah I wouldn't have him in the team at the minute either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

He does a better job a LB than anyone else we have in the team. Who would you like to play there? Cissokho?

EDIT - I see you answered my question in the above post.

Thankfully Rodgers see things differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I think Johnson was been way below par for a year now, at times dreadful. I also think Cissokho has put in some solid displays since his early shambolic efforts. However all things considered there's no way I would pick Cissokho over Johnson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Game on right now 11 am KO

LFC: #LFCU18s team to face Man United: Crump, Waldron, Hart, Whelan, Roberts, Chirivella, Canos, Griffin, Sinclair, Trickett-Smith, Ojo.

Substitutes: Randall, Wheeler, Wilson, Virtue, Kent.

Currently 1-1 (Canos with the goal)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Milkers wrote: »
    I think Johnson was been way below par for a year now, at times dreadful. I also think Cissokho has put in some solid displays since his early shambolic efforts. However all things considered there's no way I would pick Cissokho over Johnson.

Cissokho is a far more solid defender. There is enough going forward without Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Suso talks about the rumoured interest from Sevilla
    During an interview with Estadio Deportivo and ahead of the match between Almería and Sevilla this weekend, 20-year-old Suso was asked about his longer term future at Liverpool, where he has just a year left to go on his contract.

“I’ve been talking with Liverpool, to see if they’re going to renew my contract. Next season they could be playing in the Champions League and I’m really keen to be a part of that.”
    “I don’t know anything about that, but maybe they’ve spoken with my agent. Sevilla is a club I’ve always admired, for how they live and breathe football, their character, their stadium… It would be a really good place for me. Also, it’s just an hour down the road from my home.”

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com

Pepe Reina on Football Focus

Leading question about Mignolet there but Reina answered it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Suso talks about the rumoured interest from Sevilla

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com
    So there is interest from Sevilla in Suso - can't say I am not surprised. It sounds to me like the player himself would like to commit to Liverpool, but would like to be given some sort of guarantee of game time and a contract that reflects that sort of status. Can we offer him that? I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

So there is interest from Sevilla in Suso - can't say I am not surprised. It sounds to me like the player himself would like to commit to Liverpool, but would like to be given some sort of guarantee of game time and a contract that reflects that sort of status. Can we offer him that? I don't know.

A part of me says take him back then a part of me says let Sevilla have but a clause in the contract states LFC can buy him back for a few million .

• Advertisement

A part of me says take him back then a part of me says let Sevilla have but a clause in the contract states LFC can buy him back for a few million .
    Having watched him with us and then playing with Spain and Almeria, I really don't think the Premier League suits him that well. If you put a gun to my head, to be honest, I'd be inclined to let him go to Sevilla. If we were to sell him for £5M or so, I'd definitely be putting a £10M buy back clause in that deal though.

Having watched him with us and then playing with Spain and Almeria, I really don't think the Premier League suits him that well. If you put a gun to my head, to be honest, I'd be inclined to let him go to Sevilla. If we were to sell him for £5M or so, I'd definitely be putting a £10M buy back clause in that deal though.

Big concern about Suso would be his work rate.

The system requires players that can press from the front and I'm not sure that's a strong point of his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Have to agree lads. Really hoped Suso would have a bright future with us. But if he's interested in a move to Sevilla then slap a sell-on/buy-back condition into the sale.

Missed Reina on FootballFocus. Twitter having a sh1t attack over it
    BBC Sport @ BBCSport 50m
    Pepe Reina on Liverpool "They will win more games 3-2 than 1-0. It's the nature of the team. Mignolet They are happy with." # FootballFocus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

mike65 wrote: »

What did he say about Mig?

monkey9 wrote: »
    What did he say about Mig?

The interviewer remarked that Liverpool could let in their greatest number of goals of the PL era this season and then mentioned Mig, Reina countered that Liverpool were set up differently these days so goals were more likely to be conceded. If he was being invited to critique Mignolet he refused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The interviewer remarked that Liverpool could let in their greatest number of goals of the PL era this season and then mentioned Mig, Reina countered that Liverpool were set up differently these days so goals were more likely to be conceded. If he was being invited to critique Mignolet he refused.

In fairness I don't think reina could have a go at mignolet . Reina has had his fair share if howlers over the years . Plus reina in his last two season cost a fair few points .

Hopefully Everton can get a late equalizer. Would love to see Arsenal having to play a replay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hopefully Everton can get a late equalizer. Would love to see Arsenal having to play a replay :)

Yeah that worked out for you!

This just popped up on my youtube page. Riise scored a lot of goals for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Love a good riise rocket, this is probably my favourite because of the commentator if nothing else.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement