Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

My humour detector must be broken today because I think you're taking the píss but I'm not really sure...

Where did i say i was unhappy with signing him though?
    NukaCola wrote:
    Brendan will get the best out of young Daniel, just like he's getting the best out of Luis. A front 3 of Suarez, Sturridge and Borini all interchanging could represent a real goal threat. I'm looking forward to seeing them play together. If things work out our frontline could be sorted for the next 5 years.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82474245&postcount=893

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Welbeck better than Sturridge?

Really..... REALLY!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

As a chelsea fan, even I didn't see Sturridge pulling off the form he's on now before he was sold but as was mentioned earlier, a few 'pool fans saying they didn't want him doesn't mean that the majority didn't.

I think Monsignor Wooney is trying to have a bit of a troll, less of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I love the fact that the goal celebration is winding them up!

They've seen it enough times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I really think second is on for yee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Flynt starting fires all over the utd thread is funny reading.

You'd think with City losing today they would be all getting along and celebrating.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I really think second is on for yee

And who comes first in this scenario?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    And who comes first in this scenario?

Chelsea? Running away with it now

City and Chelsea have first and second wrapped up IMO. Think people are discounting City a bit too much. I would settle for third though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

They've played more games than everyone else so hardly "running away with it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

NukaCola wrote: »
    What are they smoking over there in the Man United Thread?

Even I cringed.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    City and Chelsea have first and second wrapped up IMO. Think people are discounting City a bit too much. I would settle for third though.

Oh ya very possible they will be the top 2, just think if yee keep up this form yee should do them at Anfield which would probably get yee second. Im hoping we sneak in in 3rd ahead of the Pool but with the upcoming fixtures, hoping just to stay in touch.

They've played more games than everyone else so hardly "running away with it".

Rather have the points then the games in hand. Easiest run in as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

does it matter if some think Welbeck is better than Sturridge?

meh.

I'll just continue to enjoy our lad bang goals in for fun, and they can enjoy Welbeck's all round play.

I've learned not to let that sort of stuff get to me at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Load of hyperbole nonsense......just because a few posters here said they didn't like him does not equal no-one wanted him. I for one was happy we got him as was the majority of people here.

Many a time people pull up others ancient(drunken) posts to argue a current point....can I get on a high horse and say I called what would happen with sturridge please see below...december 2012 if you please.
    BOOM

24-12-2012, 13:31 #8763 Bowlardo Registered User |
    Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush
    Lads this maybe a stupid question but is Sturridge a out and out striker ? I am sure I have seen him playing wide for Chelsea
    Maybe a more versatile player for Rogers style

He is an out and out center forward. he can play on the wing as he is fast and skillfull but ideally he would be up front. I think he has got good movement from the little I've seen of him.
    he is getting a lot of flak for his ego etc. Personally I see nothing wrong with a lad (especially a striker) with a lot of confidence.
    First game should be against Sunderland. hopefully he bags a shed load of goals and gets off to a good start.

sterling, him and Suarez have loads of speed, skill can all beat men and can finish. It will be nice to see less and less of four lads running after suarez as the think he is the only threat.
    Defenders will have a lot more to worry about now which can only benefit us.

He has a lot to prove and I have a feeling he will be only to happy to do it. He was banging in goals for Bolton. Was never going to get a honest chance at Chelsea or city.
    I think (hope) you will be looking at sterling hugging the left which will bring on the right back on to him to stretch the back line. Suarez on paper be starting as the central striker but will be dropping deep to collect the ball and turn and attack striker. I would foresee Sturrdige moving from out right in to a centre of the park the minute suarez makes his move out the pitch. we will have johnson right back who is (when we have the ball ) essentially a right winger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Can't wait to see Sturridge dance in 7 days.

Can't bloody wait.

After all this talk the stage is set for a Welbeck winner after a Mignolet kick out smacks him in the face and rebounds into the net. Welbeck then spends 5 minutes apologizing to 'The Chosen one' saying he meant to cross the ball.

I'm bracing myself for a Welbeck hatrick!

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Many a time people pull up others ancient(drunken) posts to argue a current point....can I get on a high horse and say I called what would happen with sturridge please see below...december 2012 if you please.
    BOOM

24-12-2012, 13:31 #8763 Bowlardo Registered User |
    Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush
    Lads this maybe a stupid question but is Sturridge a out and out striker ? I am sure I have seen him playing wide for Chelsea
    Maybe a more versatile player for Rogers style

He is an out and out center forward. he can play on the wing as he is fast and skillfull but ideally he would be up front. I think he has got good movement from the little I've seen of him.
    he is getting a lot of flak for his ego etc. Personally I see nothing wrong with a lad (especially a striker) with a lot of confidence.
    First game should be against Sunderland. hopefully he bags a shed load of goals and gets off to a good start.

sterling, him and Suarez have loads of speed, skill can all beat men and can finish. It will be nice to see less and less of four lads running after suarez as the think he is the only threat.
    Defenders will have a lot more to worry about now which can only benefit us.

He has a lot to prove and I have a feeling he will be only to happy to do it. He was banging in goals for Bolton. Was never going to get a honest chance at Chelsea or city.
    I think (hope) you will be looking at sterling hugging the left which will bring on the right back on to him to stretch the back line. Suarez on paper be starting as the central striker but will be dropping deep to collect the ball and turn and attack striker. I would foresee Sturrdige moving from out right in to a centre of the park the minute suarez makes his move out the pitch. we will have johnson right back who is (when we have the ball ) essentially a right winger.

As my old nan used to say "self praise is no praise". :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

SlickRic wrote: »
    does it matter if some think Welbeck is better than Sturridge?

meh.

I'll just continue to enjoy our lad bang goals in for fun, and they can enjoy Welbeck's all round play.

I've learned not to let that sort of stuff get to me at this stage.

Some of our fans used to have similar affection for Downing and his ability to 'protect the full back'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Indeed. How people can use the internet without Adblock is beyond me.

more so the fact that there's an Everton ad on a Liverpool forum page :)

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'm bracing myself for a Welbeck hatrick!

You'll be braced for a long time then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Reina having a brilliant game 70 minutes in at home to Roma. Made a couple of brilliant saves and distribution excellent all the way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Reina having a brilliant game 70 minutes in at home to Roma. Made a couple of brilliant saves and distribution excellent all the way through.

It's a shame he stopped performing like that for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Good game for a nil nil at the moment, hate how half empty stadiums in italy are.

The distribution was never a problem. The brilliant saves were getting very rare though. When he was with us that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Load of hyperbole nonsense......just because a few posters here said they didn't like him does not equal no-one wanted him. I for one was happy we got him as was the majority of people here.

On 04-09-2012, 01:03 you said...
    Heard that too, i really dislike Sturridge......would have been happier with the loan deal

Edit: Just saw another poster brought this up earlier.

Keno wrote: »
    On 04-09-2012, 01:03 you said...

Edit: Just saw another poster brought this up earlier.

When did i say i was unhappy that he signed? Another poster brought it up and i quoted a post i made when he signed which was very positive, ie i couldnt wait to see him and Suarez link up. Your quoting me 4/5 months before he signed that i did not like him personally and would have liked to have gotten him on loan. I'm not sure what the problem is here but i'm glad that you took the time to go through my posting history anyway to prove me right. Cheers.

Well that brings a new level of failure to scouring through someone's post history to try prove them wrong.

When did i say i was unhappy that he signed? Another poster brought it up and i quoted a post i made when he signed which was very positive, ie i couldnt wait to see him and Suarez link up. Your quoting me 4/5 months before he signed that i did not like him personally and would have liked to have gotten him on loan. I'm not sure what the problem is here but i'm glad that you took the time to go through my posting history anyway to prove me right. Cheers.

I just found it funny that...
    just because a few posters here said they didn't like him.

Less than 4 months previous to him signing...

"Heard that too, i really dislike Sturridge."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You said you dislike Sturridge, I can't think of any other examples of someone saying they don't like a player but are still happy that they sign. It makes no sense.

And you are kidding yourself if you think the majority of Liverpool fans were happy with the Sturridge signing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

When did i say i was unhappy that he signed? Another poster brought it up and i quoted a post i made when he signed which was very positive, ie i couldnt wait to see him and Suarez link up.

Reminds of the Andy Carroll disaster.

Until he the deal is confirmed: "OMG he's not worth that much money, crazy!"

When the signing is confirmed: "Meh, Carroll + £15m for Torres, not that bad."

Or whatever B/S formula people used to excuse that mess.

I just found it funny that...
    Less than 4 months previous to him signing...
    "Heard that too, i really dislike Sturridge."

Now your purposefully misquoting

I said
    just because a few posters here said they didn't like him does not equal no-one wanted him. I for one was happy we got him as was the majority of people here.

A bit of context is needed.

I didn't like him personally as i said. Bit too greedy and selfish. But i could see the potential, and a loan deal with a view to a permanent move would have been nice, which is why i said i would have prefered a loan move
    I for one was happy we got him as was the majority of people here.

Which is also true, as i quoted a post i made saying our frontline could be sorted for years.

Anyway my main point was "just because a few posters here said they didn't like him does not equal no-one wanted him". And you proved my point. Thanks.

You said you dislike Sturridge, I can't think of any other examples of someone saying they don't like a player but are still happy that they sign. It makes no sense.

And you are kidding yourself if you think the majority of Liverpool fans were happy with the Sturridge signing .

Yes, i provided a link. Check it out. Its when he signed. I could make out maybe 5 posters with negative comments.

I dislike Giggs but would have taken him in his prime. I dislike Terry and would have taken him a few years back. Ditto Rooney etc etc etc It does make sense. You probably dont like Suarez but you'd be mad not to want him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Now your purposefully misquoting

I said

A bit of context is needed.

I didn't like him personally as i said. Bit too greedy and selfish. But i could see the potential, and a loan deal with a view to a permanent move would have been nice, which is why i said i would have prefered a loan move

Which is also true, as i quoted a post i made saying our frontline could be sorted for years.

Anyway my main point was "just because a few posters here said they didn't like him does not equal no-one wanted him". And you proved my point. Thanks.

mate its typical sh1t on here. people looking for past posts just to wind you up. people are just bored and using you to entertain themselves when its clear they dont care about the subject. better off just saying what you have said and stop replying to them. if anyone doesnt see where you are coming from they either dont want to or never will

This is getting a bit pathetic really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

The match thread is going to be some craic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭dzer2

Childish but thats what you expect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yes, i provided a link. Check it out. Its when he signed. I could make out maybe 5 posters with negative comments.

I dislike Giggs but would have taken him in his prime. I dislike Terry and would have taken him a few years back. Ditto Rooney etc etc etc It does make sense. You probably dont like Suarez but you'd be mad not to want him.

Stop trying to spin it.

You said you didn't like him and then in your next sentence said you'd be happier if it was a loan. Unless you want people reading between imaginary lines, that is saying you disliked him performance wise and want to see him on loan first.

• Advertisement

Reminds of the Andy Carroll disaster.

Until he the deal is confirmed: "OMG he's not worth that much money, crazy!"

When the signing is confirmed: "Meh, Carroll + £15m for Torres, not that bad."

Or whatever B/S formula people used to excuse that mess.

who gives a toss. sturridge is a liverpool player and if he went for sale this summer would be worth twice if not 3 times what we paid for him at least. 24 year old english striker that has scored 32 goals in 39 at liverpool. can play with a partner and as a lone striker. has another 7 years in him of first team football before slowing down

who cares if we thought 12 million at the time was too much or not. it worked out well and thats what matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Daemonic wrote: »

Yep , a load of saps talking absolute drivel, rather than actually watching and immersing yourself in the game, be great craic altogether, unfortunately I'll have to give it a miss.

Stop trying to spin it.

You said you didn't like him and then in your next sentence said you'd be happier if it was a loan. Unless you want people reading between imaginary lines, that is saying you disliked him performance wise and want to see him on loan first.

at least we can agree he is better than rooney :D

I didn't want Sturridge at the start. Thought it was a risk.

Now there's not many in the league I'd swap him for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I would advise all sane people to give it a very wide birth.

I really hope I'm not stupid enough that I'll forget that I said this and I'll post in the thread and someone will quote this post.

Stop trying to spin it.

Small victories :-)

• Advertisement

I didn't like him personally as i said.

It's hard to deduce that you didn't like him as a player or personally from "I dislike Sturridge" but that's fair enough if that's what you meant.

Paulegend wrote: »
    mate its typical sh1t on here. people looking for past posts just to wind you up. people are just bored and using you to entertain themselves when its clear they dont care about the subject. better off just saying what you have said and stop replying to them. if anyone doesnt see where you are coming from they either dont want to or never will

Listen, I have maybe less than 20 posts in a Liverpool forum. Probably less than 10.

I do care about the subject matter. I love football. I wouldn't of came in here and posted that had I not had an interest. Everything negative against the club you support is not 'winding up' even though it may well be to you.

Stop trying to spin it.

This is my last point on it as its clear as day you have a horn on to try and catch me out on something.

5 Months before Sturridge singed i said i disliked him personally. I gave my reasons.

I was happy when he signed. I gave my reasons and provided my link.

I never, at any stage said i didnt want him to sign.

Thats it, if you want to continue this conversation PM me so you dont clog up this thread.

If by craic you mean trainwreck yeah probably

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

It's hard to deduce that you didn't like him as a player or personally from "I dislike Sturridge" but that's fair enough if that's what you meant.

I think most people would assume he was talking about his footballing abilities and not his personality, well I did anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tell me who has the time and patience to trawl pages and years of posts just find a post so you can one up someone. That person needs to take a break from the internet and go for a walk.

Anyway well done to Conor Coady and an FA Cup semi final for him to look forward too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement