Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Tell me who has the time and patience to trawl pages and years of posts just find a post so you can one up someone. That person needs to take a break from the internet and go for a walk.

Anyway well done to Conor Coady and an FA Cup semi final for him to look forward too.

It takes less than 20 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Keno wrote: »
    It takes less than 20 seconds.

What did i say on Rodgers appointment. Lets see how long it takes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

anim_64b5f954-557d-3634-ad7b-503b56715c09.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Tell me who has the time and patience to trawl pages and years of posts just find a post so you can one up someone. That person needs to take a break from the internet and go for a walk.

Anyway well done to Conor Coady and an FA Cup semi final for him to look forward too.

And give the rest of us that read this forum a ****ing break from reading there fuclin childish drivel!

Take it to p.m. for Christ sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Keno wrote: »
    It's hard to deduce that you didn't like him as a player or personally from "I dislike Sturridge" but that's fair enough if that's what you meant.

Listen, I have maybe less than 20 posts in a Liverpool forum. Probably less than 10.

I do care about the subject matter. I love football. I wouldn't of came in here and posted that had I not had an interest. Everything negative against the club you support is not 'winding up' even though it may well be to you.

so your telling me your interested in proving that someone didnt want us to sign sturridge before we did?? really??

im sure many on here said they didnt wantsuarez before he signed. im sure many said it about torres. im sure it was said about alonso and reina. im sure back in the day people said it about dalglish

if we signed pedro for 40 million on june 1st im sure some people would think its a bit much. point is not everyone will always predict the future of players correctly. who cares. lets just agree that he is a fantastic player and stop looking for past posts that mean absolutely f*ck all

NukaCola wrote: »

Please stop encouraging them, they have to be up for school in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Everything written about Rodgers has been very positive, he comes across a decent bloke, and has coached for a long time. I'm not happy with the appointment. For several reasons that i'm not getting back into. However i think if he does get above 6th next season he'll be doing a good job

Please stop encouraging them, they have to be up for school in the morning!

It was a joke, but i suppose from now on i have to explain what i mean about everything in case i get cross examined in 2 years time. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Or just don't shoot yourself in the foot when people can check in 10 seconds what you've said in the past

It was a joke, but i suppose from now on i have to explain what i mean about everything in case i get cross examined in 2 years time. :pac:

Nope. In two years time utd could be in the championship and there fans won't be frequenting the forum as much!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

What we have here is the problem with the internet....nobody is ever allowed to change their mind about anything. Ever.

Nope. In two years time utd could be in the championship and there fans won't be frequenting the forum as much!

i hope the second part isnt true :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You said you dislike Sturridge, I can't think of any other examples of someone saying they don't like a player but are still happy that they sign. It makes no sense.

And you are kidding yourself if you think the majority of Liverpool fans were happy with the Sturridge signing .

The more vociferous fans were against him definitely, a majority not happy? Hard to know, I'd say some bemoaned us buying English talent again, some thought he was over priced:eek: and some wanted a super sexy European £30 Million signing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I take it theres no point reading back a couple of pages.
    ill_be_back_terminator.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

K-9 wrote: »
    The more vociferous fans were against him definitely, a majority not happy? Hard to know, I'd say some bemoaned us buying English talent again, some thought he was over priced:eek: and some wanted a super sexy European £30 Million signing.

I bemoaned us buying English talent again.

I thought he was overpriced.

I wanted a super sexy European £30 Million signing.

I was wrong.

Now if someone gets the hump with me I've saved them the trouble of trawling through my past posts.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I take it theres no point reading back a couple of pages.

Its a great read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Armin Hodžić

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

mike65 wrote: »
    Armin Hodžić

what about him mike?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

what about him mike?

Been released by the club I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

5starpool wrote: »

where did you hear this?

he played a blinder today, apparently has 10 goals in 15 games in the Bosnian top flight where he is still on loan, club have not been able to get a work permit yet

Armin Hodžić
    what about him mike?

He has scored 9 goals in 18 games for Bosnias top side and is probably going to be at the World Cup and he still can't get a work permit!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

This better not be true.

Why on earth would he be released? I imagine Zeljeznicar want to win the league, he is their top scorer - he and Vernes Selimovic account for about 60% of all goals scored.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

The January when Rodgers signed Sturridge and Coutinho really changed our fortunes. Up to then it was getting bleak in terms of hope for the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hes been on trials all season by the looks of things, hopefully hell get sorted out. Wonder who will be next out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Reckon there's any chance of City or Chelsea keeping a clean sheet at Anfield?
    Given the scoring form they're in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Reckon there's any chance of City or Chelsea keeping a clean sheet at Anfield?
    Given the scoring form they're in

Playing each other?

Chelsea will play for a draw - it'll probably suit them by the time they play Liverpool - City on the other hand will have to attack and no they won't keep a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

barone wrote: »
    The last 10 games

If Carlsberg done run in's...

United - Suarez runs around Old Trafford nutmegging himself as he scores a hat-trick. The stretty end eats itself in a fit of rage as Moyes claims he's pleased they only conceded 5 and got to the byline 8 times. Now they're gonna believe us.

Cardiff - Total destruction, Vincent Tan marches down from the stand in 65th minute and fires Solskjaer on the sideline. Fabio has to be brought to hospital with rectal bleeding after the raping he took from Sterling. Now they're gonna believe us.

Sunderland - A resurgent Sunderland full of confidence after their great cup form only concede 6. Borini sitting in the stands, bites his own hand after every goal as a mark of respect to Suarez. Now they're gonna believe us.

Spurs - Tim Sherwood turns up on a big red bus to Liverpool street, London. Soldado missed it. We win. Now they're gonna believe us.

West Ham - Andy Carroll is standing in the center circle telling Downing to lump it into the box. Kevin Nolan tackles himself at the corner flag and gets sent off. Rodgers out tactics Fat Sam by telling his team to use the ball to score goals. Now they're gonna believe us.

Man City - Flanagan breaks Yaya in half with a tackle in the first minute. One Ya isn't as good as two. Henderson sets the record for most distance ever covered in a PL game. Rodgers takes him off after 35 minutes with the game already won. Now they're gonna believe us.

Norwich - Suarez scores, Sturridge dances, Skrtel stares, Cissokho smiles, Mignolet mignolets. Now they're gonna believe us.

Chelsea - The decider, deadlocked after 93 minutes as Sterling skins Ivanovic and floats one last hopefull ball into the box. It's cleared by Englands brave John Terry..... but only as far as Steven GERRARRRRRDDDDDDDDD who smashs it from 25 yards and bursts a hole in the net. Mourinho is going mental on the sideline claiming it never crossed the line. Torres cries. YNWA erupts around Anfield the likes of which hasn't being heard in 9 years. Now they're gonna believe us.

Crystal Palace - Sakho asks for more balls to be lumped into the box but there are no more. The travelling Kop are having a party - Now they're gonna believe us.

Newcastle - Kevin Keegan claims he'd love it, LOVE IT if he could get a ticket to the game. He can't. Rodgers erects a giant perch in the dugout and sits on it as he watchs the game. JW Henry puffs a cigar, Linda is wrapped in a clean sheet. Aldo screams. God prays. The King has tears in his eyes. The Kop sings as it's never sang before. 24 ****ing years and now, NOW they're gonna believe us.

Can you feel it?

Bitta fun ðŸ˜

Only going over the thread from the last week.

This is fcuking brilliant. Best post I've read in a long time. Well played Barone ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

djPSB wrote: »
    anim_64b5f954-557d-3634-ad7b-503b56715c09.gif

Looking forward to Danny doing that on Sunday.

The ' Boring One ' going on about king of penalties (Suarez) .... this coming from a man that had Drogba in his team and never seen him dive.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-takes-3224715

hope he keeps this drool inducing crap up as I believe its more harmful than entertaining to his character this time around.
    The guy has developed one slack jaw in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well, this forum had its lolz while I was away. Ye mad bunch of crazy kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Agueroooo wrote: »
    The ' Boring One ' going on about king of penalties (Suarez) .... this coming from a man that had Drogba in his team and never seen him dive.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-takes-3224715

hope he keeps this drool inducing crap up as I believe its more harmful than entertaining to his character this time around.
    The guy has developed one slack jaw in recent years.

I think after getting smashed by the Spanish media he thinks he can go ahead and run his mouth in the EPL.

I would love to wipe that smile off his face.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I think after getting smashed by the Spanish media he thinks he can go ahead and run his mouth in the EPL.

again when he came to the PL first I was very impressed and that statement about how and when he would win the league was awesome.

But since his Madrid days he is one nasty angry man with a very slack jaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I love the fact that the goal celebration is winding them up!

Here's hoping we see it 3 times on Sunday then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Source? I heard that we did get a conditional permit late last year, he was back for a few weeks I think? He's clearly very talented, playing at that level at his age...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

We're not playing to night are we?

• Advertisement

We're not playing to night are we?

no our next game is United away next sunday at 1.30

under 21's are playing friday at home to blackburn

under 18's are playing wednesday in the fa youth cup away to readng

Apologies on the Hodzic thing. I got him confused with another youth player I saw on twitter that was released, might be that Sokolic lad perhaps? I was still a bit 'tired and emotional' last night after the weekends festivities. I realised a few minutes later I had made a mistake, but I was already settling into bed and didn't have the inclination to do anything about it at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Apologies on the Hodzic thing. I got him confused with another youth player I saw on twitter that was released, might be that Sokolic lad perhaps? I was still a bit 'tired and emotional' last night after the weekends festivities. I realised a few minutes later I had made a mistake, but I was already settling into bed and didn't have the inclination to do anything about it at that time.

That is SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Sokolik is the one alright, that's about right, he's not likely to cut it at our level...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Its too late. You're on the internet. Don't you know that you can't go back on what you said?

Hodzic, I wish him well.

Dickerty wrote: »
    That is SIMPLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Sorry. I'll say 10 Our Robbies and 5 Hail Stevies by way of penance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

There is no mention of Suarez at all in that article by Mouriho, typical sensationalist headline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

naughtb4 wrote: »
    There is no mention of Suarez at all in that article by Mouriho, typical sensationalist headline

Number of Pens for and against this season

Liverpool 6 4
    Chelsea 4 0

Mourihno has no argument....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

To be fair to Mourinho, he turned up the heat on Pellegrini and City haven't been at their best since.

To be fair to Mourinho, he turned up the heat on Pellegrini and City haven't been at their best since.

It's hardly because Mourinho said they were favourites. City are going through a poor spell, which hopefully can continue a while longer. Teams do go through poor spells without any help from the annoying one.

• Advertisement

Lol this funny and like something the english media would subscribe to.

A journalist actually said yesterday that City lost to Wigan cause of Mourinho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement