Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Haven't you heard? We can't refer to the team we support as 'we', one must refrain from using 'we' and must instead use 'the pool'.

'The Pool'....there is going to be some issues with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I can honestly say I hope BR tells the team to target Evra for attacks on Sunday . I can see that bringing a lot of joy . Of the times I have man utd play this season once you beat Evra he seems to give up the ghost and doesn't really bother tracking back . I think sterling or Suarez could have a field day against him .

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

one thing is for sure...there will be goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Haven't you heard? We can't refer to the team we support as 'we', one must refrain from using 'we' and must instead use 'the pool'.

have you ever said the following?

"gwan the pool"

case rested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Paulegend wrote: »
    have you ever said the following?

"gwan the pool"

case rested

I can categorically state, that I have indeed never said, "gwan the 'pool!". A proper fan would insist on saying, "Liverpool F.C. can you please complete your intended target.", and said fan would most definitely not being registered such desires during a match on an internet forum match thread.
    For shame on any that would frequent such hedonistic arenas of discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ONE Brendan Rodgers.
    “There’s only one Brendan Rodgers.”
    “One Brendan Rodgers.”

The tune rang out from the away end at Saint Mary’s. Jubilant Liverpool fans indulging in their team’s comprehensive 0-3 away victory over Southampton. A win which allowed them to dream with that little bit more justification.

It isn’t the most original of chants. No doubt we can do much better. In fact, we will have little choice come May if Rodgers were to achieve the previously unthinkable and return a long lost friend to the Anfield trophy cabinet.

But, its very existence speaks volumes. It’s a lyric which has been echoed with ever increasing frequency since the turn of the year. A chant which was barely audible during Rodgers first season in charge, but one which penetrated the scepticism to get an airing as Liverpool made an impressive start to the new season. It is now being heard ever more audibly in away ends up and down the country, as the winning brand of attacking football which Brendan Rodgers’ Reds have been advocating has been taken to a whole new level

What it represents is a vindication. An acceptance of Rodgers – now deemed worthy enough to be honoured by the travelling Kop – as the present and future of Liverpool FC.

Rest of article here:
    http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/03/one-brendan-rodgers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=one-brendan-rodgers

Knex. wrote: »

Thrash! It should be "there's only the one The Rodgers", who is this Brendan person.

Turtyturd had it spot on for years, precedenting everything with the crucial, "the".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Thrash! It should be "there's only the one The Rodgers", who is this Brendan person.

'There's only one Used Cars Salesman'

I'm outta here :P

• Advertisement

Turtyturd had it spot on for years, precedenting everything with the crucial, "the".

Becoming a bit too clichéd these days....'The the Rodgers' is where its at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

If moyes goes gung-ho again like v west brom (which is understandable why he did, they're crap) it could play well into our hands regarding counter attacking. Alternatively if he plays young/valenica it will be good for us. I think this is a game for cou to sit out with gerrard/allen/hendo in midfield with sterling on the wing. Evra and carrick should probably be targeted as they're in poor form.
    I was extremely pessemistic before the spurs away, everton and arsenal home games and that worked quite well but i cant help but be optimistic for this one :D

djPSB wrote: »

Sounds like a monopoly market there. Lucky rich bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

rob316 wrote: »
    Up to Moyes to out tactic Brendan on Sunday. If they set up to attack that suits our game and we will win. I have seen plenty of them this season and they will seriously struggle against a high pressing counter attack side like us. West Brom's best chance's came from them pressing United high up the pitch and breaking forward. West Brom lacked the blistering pace and high quality attackers we have but the idea was right.

I have no doubt this will be a tough game, united have nothing to loose and will not want to see Liverpool pull away from them even more. They have the individuals to hurt us but we have the team to hurt them.
    If we can get go 2 up early on, Old Trafford will be stunned and silenced and the pressure will pile back onto them and Moyes.

I have read plenty that all the pressure is on Liverpool but I disagree Moyes needs a positive result against us to appease the support and board.

All in all, I cant wait for it. Its going to be a sloberknocker!

All we need is good 'ol JR to do the play by play :D

jimross.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Lads, this Manchester United game is probably the biggest we've had in years. If United fail to win, then that removes them from the equation as a top 4 challenger completely in my opinion. If they win though, that leaves 9 games to play with us effectively 9 points ahead. Undoubtedly, we're still in pole position, but that kind of lead is catch-able.

Even if we lose it's pretty unlikely that they will catch us. They would basically have to win all their remaining games (they won't) and hope Liverpool lose 3 other games (possible but unlikely). I'd rather not give them a sniff all the same.

I use this 'joke'(?) before but fe*k it lads, it's sunny and I'm in a good mood.

I bet The Turd's most bestest band is The The.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I can honestly say I hope BR tells the team to target Evra for attacks on Sunday . I can see that bringing a lot of joy . Of the times I have man utd play this season once you beat Evra he seems to give up the ghost and doesn't really bother tracking back . I think sterling or Suarez could have a field day against him .

Something tells me he'd track Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

All the positive talk is starting to bother me. Played well against City and Chelsea away and came out with nothing. No guarantee of a win at Old trafford, all it takes is a slow start, red card or dodgy referee decisions and were chasing the game. I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win in a heart beat - Evra own goal please :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Suarez could target any and all of the defence and get plenty out of them. Their back four is a mixture of decrepit and muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Kolo%20Toure-1455418

I am cautiously optimistic about Sunday, and I believe that the team have just returned from a warm weather break which should stand us good.

but I stick with my prediction that its going to take the likes of Coutinho to play out of his skin and give us that more dynamic element in midfield that has seen us steam roll teams already this season.

big game to stand up and be counted and I am sure Rodgers will let them know that.

bring it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

robz150 wrote: »
    All the positive talk is starting to bother me. Played well against City and Chelsea away and came out with nothing. No guarantee of a win at Old trafford, all it takes is a slow start, red card or dodgy referee decisions and were chasing the game. I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win in a heart beat - Evra own goal please :pac:

Comical Evra back pass intercepted and rammed home by Suarez for the winner in the 95th minute please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

8-10 wrote: »
    Kolo%20Toure-1455418
    There's only 2 used car salesmen?

Edit. That reminds me of the Rangers chant when Andy Goram was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, 'Theres only 2 Andy Gorams'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

On this day in 2009: Reds annihilate Real Madrid

xWA4oegl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Comical Evra back pass intercepted and rammed home by Suarez for the winner in the 95th minute please!

Why are we still level after 94 mins??

I want to see United fans leaving well before the full time whistle, your scenario can play out akin to 1966 - "They think it's all over...(comical backpass) It is now!!"

5live wrote: »
    There's only 2 used car salesmen?

Edit. That reminds me of the Rangers chant when Andy Goram was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, 'Theres only 2 Andy Gorams'

There's only one Djemba Djemba.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Why are we still level after 94 mins??

I want to see United fans leaving well before the full time whistle, your scenario can play out akin to 1966 - "They think it's all over...(comical backpass) It is now!!"

Any chance we can throw another comical attempt by Evra to take Suarez out of it, but he actually takes his own teammate out of it, into either of these scenarios?

xWA4oegl.jpg

So much quality then - Stevie, Torres, Masc, Alonso and Carra all top drawer, Arbeloa, Kuyt and Pepe not far behind, and Babel, Aurelio and Skrtel very able on their day. The current team is by far the closest to that since...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

question for people who regulary go to liverpool games

me and 3 relatives are going to the liverpool v man city game. we just need to book a hotel now. looking for 2 rooms from saturday 12th to tuesday 15th(attending the hillsborough memorial service). we stayed at the jurys inn last year but my uncle said this year its working out around 200 euro each :( could anyone reccomend a cheap yet moderatly ok hotel in or near the city centre?

some of us are on a budget. a PM would be helpfull. cheers guys.

MarkY91 wrote: »

me and 3 relatives are going to the liverpool v man city game. we just need to book a hotel now. looking for 2 rooms from saturday 12th to tuesday 15th(attending the hillsborough memorial service). we stayed at the jurys inn last year but my uncle said this year its working out around 200 euro each :( could anyone reccomend a cheap yet moderatly ok hotel in or near the city centre?

Have you tried www.booking.com?

pm sent

• Advertisement

So much quality then - Stevie, Torres, Masc, Alonso and Carra all top drawer, Arbeloa, Kuyt and Pepe not far behind, and Babel, Aurelio and Skrtel very able on their day. The current team is by far the closest to that since...

It just goes to show how quick the wheels can fall off the cart though.

That team lost the likes of Masch and Alonso and not too long after Spearing and Adam featured reguarly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Would be so good if we still had Alonso and Masch...sigh...

brevity wrote: »
    Would be so good if we still had Alonso and Masch...sigh...

the-office-gif.gif

Mark Clattenburg it is boys....

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Mark Clattenburg it is boys....

Better than webb

Hopefully he doesn't ruin the game by sending off a couple of their players.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hopefully he doesn't ruin the game by sending off a couple of their players.

:D id love it if rooney and evra got sent off and mata and rvp picked up season ending injuries.............................. but thats just me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

xWA4oegl.jpg

My last European Game....

1361474529-tom-baker-creepy-smile.gif

Toni Kroos is open to a PL move.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26514697

Make a call, Buck. Chelsea & City don't really need him, and why would be go to United??

(Of course, he'll stay at Bayern, but then we can have Shaqiri instead!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Have you tried www.booking.com?

ill check now. ive never booked a hotel by myself before so i wouldnt know how to get the best value. thanks for the link

Toni Kroos is open to a PL move.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26514697

Make a call, Buck. Chelsea & City don't really need him, and why would be go to United??

(Of course, he'll stay at Bayern, but then we can have Shaqiri instead!)

Bit pointless...players only go where the big wages are...all that talk of them wanting CL football....it was a myth.

xWA4oegl.jpg

14 years ago....

297961.jpg

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bit pointless...players only go where the big wages are...all that talk of them wanting CL football....it was a myth.

so you dont think there will be clubs willing to offer similar wages than united but able to offer CL aswell??

Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Madrid, Dortmund, Juve, Inter, Psg, Monaco all teams that will be willing to spend big this summer on a midfielder. your saying not one of them will match uniteds apparent willingness on wages?

1. united will not be offering yet another player 200k+ a week without champions league footie, when they also need to replace rio, vidic, evra and giggs without any income from their departure.

2. arsenal and liverpool have spent big. i can see liverpool who need to bolster their squad heavily, willing to spend big on "the right player".

any suggestion that Kroos will go to united for money is an embarrassment. of course he will move for money but to think united are the only ones watching him is foolish. to think he will choose them over a CL team is even more so

Can't see past anything but a substantial Liverpool win on Sunday.
    Granted we have struggled a bit agaisnt weaker opposition from home but I think this game will be different.
    United will attack and leave spaces for Liverpool to exploit and with the way our forwards are playing it can only end one way.

The only thing I'm worried about in all this, is for Henderson's running style to finally manifest and for him only to cover twice as much ground as everyone else on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

klose wrote: »
    14 years ago....

297961.jpg

Leaning. :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

ill check now. ive never booked a hotel by myself before so i wouldnt know how to get the best value. thanks for the link

Have a look at the apartments on there very nice and could be suitable for you.

The website allows you to filter by price so it will just show ones within your budget.

I don't stay in the same hotel each time I go over, the prices seem to vary every time.

Paulegend wrote: »
    so you dont think there will be clubs willing to offer similar wages than united but able to offer CL aswell??

Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Madrid, Dortmund, Juve, Inter, Psg, Monaco all teams that will be willing to spend big this summer on a midfielder. your saying not one of them will match uniteds apparent willingness on wages?

1. united will not be offering yet another player 200k+ a week without champions league footie, when they also need to replace rio, vidic, evra and giggs without any income from their departure.

2. arsenal and liverpool have spent big. i can see liverpool who need to bolster their squad heavily, willing to spend big on "the right player".

any suggestion that Kroos will go to united for money is an embarrassment. of course he will move for money but to think united are the only ones watching him is foolish. to think he will choose them over a CL team is even more so

I find it kind of funny that United supporters think they will be able to attract players like Kroos this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They are also linked to players like Pogba and Vidal. Dream on...
    Toni Kroos starts for Bayern why would he go to united?

I find it kind of funny that United supporters think they will be able to attract players like Kroos this summer.

personally I find it funny that people think they wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Wonder if United have one eye on their other upcoming fixtures!

In the space of 9 days they play:

Liverpool (H)
    Olympiacos (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Man City (H)

Would be a bit silly of them to go all out to beat Liverpool, only to lose the next 3 as a result - but how many times did we see Everton over the years up their game to beat Liverpool and then slump for a few games afterwards!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement