Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

LiamO on fire this week!

Fellani > Gerrard
    Welbeck> Sturridge

lol-gif-36.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

rarnes1 wrote: »
    LiamO on fire this week!

Fellani > Gerrard
    Welbeck> Sturridge

lol-gif-36.gif

It'll be RVP > Suarez next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He's right, as a defensive midfielder Gerrard has a handful of games and Fellaini had a whole season there at Everton doing very well. Bigger sample size there.

He's obviously not saying he's the better player in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Liam O wrote: »
    United will be buying at the very least vast upgrades to the current crop in midfield and left back which have been huge problem areas this season. Moyes ignored them in January, I believe because he has a lot of deals very far along for the Summer. Mata has been in the top 3 attacking players in the league for a while now so don't see how you can say he's below the top level. Fellaini is better than anyone Liverpool, Spurs and maybe Arsenal have in his position too imo, just hasn't gotten the chance to prove it. There are quality players not playing atm that while it doesn't look like some will be staying, I still hold hope for.

I think next season will be vastly different at United, and the players will be more hungry and motivated than ever to right the wrongs of this season. Mata shows that top players will sign even when it's not looking good and Moyes is putting huge hours into identifying the right players. So far he's 2 for 2 signings wise and with Januzaj and Rooney signing on it only gets better. The difference in the team when 2 competent CMs are in there is already huge imo and can only get better with better full back options.
    so one good game for Fellaini against West Brom & he is a good signing lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I actually want to apologise for my use of the term 'fanboy' the other day....I was unaware the poster was suffering from a severe case of delusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    From reading through this thread over the weekend I'd note that some of you are now fully exposed to a Utd defeat next Sunday - particularly if it features a Welbeck winner. I kinda admire the moxy mind, but you've left little wiggle room in the event of a bad result.

Live by the sword, die by the sword... it's all good... 3 pts at OT please....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Probably nothing but rumour but say this linking us to a Malaga player, Ignacio Camacho. CMF or DMF I think he plays.

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/41240-liverpool-prepare-la-liga-raid.php#.Ux46Zz9_v86

Should Rodgers be lining up a replacement for Lucas? Not that I see Lucas leaving but I think he has become injury prone sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

United will be buying at the very least vast upgrades to the current crop in midfield and left back which have been huge problem areas this season. Moyes ignored them in January, I believe because he has a lot of deals very far along for the Summer.

Perfect sense, why put off today what can get you sacked before the summer? I need a new midfield and leftback, but i'll wait 6 months and sign them in the summer instead, not qualify for the champions league, have half my team talking about leaving, lose the confidence of the squad and fans ... great plan David.

Stupid like a fox!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Fellani? Hes not fit to lace gerrards boots. Seriously like were do people come up with this tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Perfect sense, why put off today what can get you sacked before the summer? I need a new midfield and leftback, but i'll wait 6 months and sign them in the summer instead, not qualify for the champions league, have half my team talking about leaving, lose the confidence of the squad and fans ... great plan David.

Stupid like a fox!

David moyes football genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Grayditch wrote: »
    2 weeks away from the thread, I might just sit back in the cell until this blows over...

Welcome back. I was starting to get worried about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Augmerson wrote: »
    Probably nothing but rumour but say this linking us to a Malaga player, Ignacio Camacho. CMF or DMF I think he plays.

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/41240-liverpool-prepare-la-liga-raid.php#.Ux46Zz9_v86

Should Rodgers be lining up a replacement for Lucas? Not that I see Lucas leaving but I think he has become injury prone sadly.

Lucas' position is under serious threat but I reckon Gerrard will be his replacement this season and next, I see us spending on a winger, an attacking midfielder a left back and a centre back.

Paulegend wrote: »
    /\ this

to be fair i can see someone like hendo getting the goal to win it. or even sterling on the break.

if they can isolate suarez and sturridge while also closing down gerrard and our defence as quick as possible they have a chance of beating us. our defence isnt good enough right now to deal with a potential rooney rvp and mata attack. but of course i dont think their defence is good enough to deal with suarez sturridge sterling hendo and coutinho along with passes from gerrard and runs from flano and glen

I think we have to put lots of pressure on Carrick, he is their 'quaterback', nail him early with pressure and keep it up and I think we'll beat them

Lads, this Manchester United game is probably the biggest we've had in years. If United fail to win, then that removes them from the equation as a top 4 challenger completely in my opinion. If they win though, that leaves 9 games to play with us effectively 9 points ahead. Undoubtedly, we're still in pole position, but that kind of lead is catch-able. My main hope is that this kind of mentality isn't reflected in the team. I think now that United have their full compliment of midfielders and attackers all back and fit, the worst thing we could do is go into the game with the mentality that we only need a point.

we need to go for the juggler

h6334240F

Gmol wrote: »
    Lucas' position is under serious threat but I reckon Gerrard will be his replacement this season and next, I see us spending on a winger, an attacking midfielder a left back and a centre back.

Supposedly Rodgers has got 60m if we get CL. I can't see 60m stretching to bring in 4 players for those positions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Pepe in the papers again . :(

He's obviously trying to raise some interest for the next window. Wish he would just stay quiet.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Mark Clattenburg it is boys....

oh no!! him and his hair buddy will nail us!!

Dickerty wrote: »
    Toni Kroos is open to a PL move.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26514697

Make a call, Buck. Chelsea & City don't really need him, and why would be go to United??

(Of course, he'll stay at Bayern, but then we can have Shaqiri instead!)

should go all out to get him, he's class and has so much potential..... spend that extra £2 million Ayre and just get him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Supposedly Rodgers has got 60m if we get CL. I can't see 60m stretching to bring in 4 players for those positions?

I'd imagine it's 60 Million and whatever is raised from sales. I can see Agger being sold. Maybe Johnson. Not sure who else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Kono as winger, Firmo, Caulker and supposedly the swiss left back at wolfburg would be well under 60, and also excludes sales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

He's right, as a defensive midfielder Gerrard has a handful of games and Fellaini had a whole season there at Everton doing very well. Bigger sample size there.

He's obviously not saying he's the better player in general.

I don't know if Fellaini has the attributes for it either, but him and Carrick are definitely an improvement on what ye had, saying that as somebody who still isn't convinced by Gerrard as DM, even now.

I was never that impressed with Fellaini, not £27 Million impressed, put it that way. Damn good player but not convinced he's what you need, especially for that money.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I'd imagine it's 60 Million and whatever is raised from sales. I can see Agger being sold. Maybe Johnson. Not sure who else.

I'd be surprised it's 60 Million plus sales.
    I just don't see FSG splashing in the region of 80 Million in one Summer. I suppose it's possible if Reina, Johnson and Skrtel/Agger go, maybe 300k a week saved there.

For those who get bored with financial talk, it's better to get a rough idea of what the club can afford, less transfer window muppetry and indulginging tabloid journalist imaginations. Pointless preaching as the same muppetry will take place regardless.

Remember, we can only increase wages by 4 Million a year because of FA regulations. Sponsorship deals help, but it's very hard to quantify them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

See the guy from Sons of Anarchy in the crowd!

Nah that's Kevin Nash. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Kroos is just using other clubs to get him a better deal at Bayern

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

K-9 wrote: »

Remember, we can only increase wages by 4 Million a year because of FA regulations. Sponsorship deals help, but it's very hard to quantify them.

Fairly easy to quantify them. This season we've added in the region of 20-30m a year in sponsorship/tie ins. All of that can be added to the wage budget, doesn't necessarily mean it will be

Fairly easy to quantify them. This season we've added in the region of 20-30m a year in sponsorship/tie ins. All of that can be added to the wage budget, doesn't necessarily mean it will be

Is it that much? Great if it is.

I'd suspect the owners are thinking about the new stadium, which will cost money, £150-200 Million financed by bank loans which will mean interest payments and the loans have to be repaid.

Some will say FFP ignores stadium expenditure. Yep it does, it doesn't magic away maybe 250 Million spent in hard cash to build the new stadium!

He is.

tumblr_n0omcunOYg1s8rz3mo1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

rarnes1 wrote: »
    LiamO on fire this week!

Fellani > Gerrard
    Welbeck> Sturridge

lol-gif-36.gi

When did I say Welbeck was better than Sturridge? You got a lot of thanks though I guess.

Fellaini is better than Gerrard, he's been overrun many times this season and provided little help to the back 4. Received a lot of criticism in here too. Fellaini has been in the Belgium team for years and starred on a team that finished above Liverpool last season. But sure go hunting for more thanks.

Sturridge goals and assists for this season, no Eminem sound track provided:

http://vimeo.com/88649943

Those 2 chips, beauties, he knows exactly what he is going to do, shows it with a look, then goes and does it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fellaini has been in the Belgium team for years and starred on a team that finished above Liverpool last season. But sure go hunting for more thanks.

So what you're saying is, Felliani was better last year, Gerrard is better this year? Because it's all about where the team you play for ranks...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So what you're saying is, Felliani was better last year, Gerrard is better this year? Because it's all about where the team you play for ranks...?

Not really obviously but the fact I have to give credibility to Fellaini after he underperformed while playing injured in a team in disarray after years of playing to a high standard for club and country is ridiculous imo. Gerrard has a case for being the best ever player in the premier league but so does Ryan Giggs. I'm not going to rate him ahead of Fellaini for that. Next season both he and the team are going to shut the rarnes and Turtyturds of this world up.

Just out of interest to the people on this thread putting down Welbeck, how has Negredo done this season?

Just out of interest to the people on this thread putting down Welbeck, how has Negredo done this season?

About half a Sturridge each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

When did I say Welbeck was better than Sturridge? You got a lot of thanks though I guess.

Fellaini is better than Gerrard, he's been overrun many times this season and provided little help to the back 4. Received a lot of criticism in here too. Fellaini has been in the Belgium team for years and starred on a team that finished above Liverpool last season. But sure go hunting for more thanks.

Gerrard is better than Fellaini, he's been [sh1t] many times this season and provided little help to the back 4. Received a lot of criticism too. Gerrard has been in the England team for years (also captain) and starred on a team that will finish above United this season. ;)

FTFY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

sh__93 wrote: »
    Gerrard is better than Fellaini,

For now he is
    Gerrard has been in the England team for years (also captain)

That has won nothing
    and starred on a team that will finish above United this season. ;)

FTFY

What, for the first time in 15yrs??

Btw, I think that although he's not on the same level as Sturridge, Welbeck is a very good player.
    He'd be excellent if he got consistent game time with a manager that fully backs him. Similar to Sturridge did for us.
    Maybe he could have done with another loan. Too many big names ahead of him at Utd.
    I think he'd do well at a club like Everton (sans Lukaku) next season.

scudzilla wrote: »
    For now he is

That has won nothing

1. So it was, so it is and so it always will be.

2. Irrelevant. Everytime someone tries to argue with me about how good a player is based on what he's won I like to remind them that Djimi Traore has a Champions League winners medal.

3. Yup! :D :cool: :D

Just to make it clear, Fellaini had a better season than Gerrard last year, but to say Fellaini > Gerrard overall is just ridiculous.
    Fellaini is a great player, Gerrard is just simply greater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

1. So it was, so it is and so it always will be.

2. Irrelevant. Everytime someone tries to argue with me about how good a player is based on what he's won I like to remind them that Djimi Traore has a Champions League winners medal.

3. Yup! :D :cool: :D

Just to make it clear, Fellaini had a better season than Gerrard last year, but to say Fellaini > Gerrard overall is just ridiculous.
    Fellaini is a great player, Gerrard is just simply greater.

Not irrelevant at all, you said that Gerrard has been in the England team for years, so has Ener Jaager from Estonia, 101 caps and won fcuk all.

Has Gerrard EVER played for country like he has club? Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Not irrelevant at all, you said that Gerrard has been in the England team for years, so has Ener Jaager from Estonia, 101 caps and won fcuk all.

WOW. Gerrard was rarely played in his strongest position for england.

As to what he won, you can make the same comparison between Welbeck and Ibrahimovich, both having won nothing with their national teams so they are obviously equal in quality;-)

Now afaik, manU has its own thread so perhaps you can take your 'discussion' back where it belongs.

Tanks.

Yes, because it's just as easy to get into the England team as it is to get into the Estonia team???
    If you really believe Fellaini is better than Gerrard then back it up with some solid points.
    Until then i'm just going to ignore you because it's just a waste of time.
    5live wrote: »

Now afaik, manU has its own thread so perhaps you can take your 'discussion' back where it belongs.

Tanks.
    The discussion is about Fellaini and Gerrard here. Utd. fans should be more than welcome to comment. It'd be no fun if everyone agreed on everything anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gafferino wrote: »
    I may be wrong here as don't get involved in other threads or match threads too often.....but wasn't Lloyd sticking the boot in a fair bit over the last few weeks? Has he not set himself up?

Apologies if I'm wrong but sure I read people talking about it in here.

I have made no secret of the fact that I hate Utd and Moyes and am thoroughly enjoying the current situation but have also been at pains to stress that fundamentally they are solid and only need to change manager to get back on track. Losing on Sunday would be dreadful, and there's a strong chance of same.

mada999 wrote: »
    we need to go for the juggler

h6334240F

What a catch from the little guy at the back tbf!

Yo LiamO baby, you should read this one carefully too:
    For now he is

If Fellaini produces two or three seasons in succession akin to what Gerrard had been producing his entire career then ye can fall to your knees and rejoice for the money you paid will have been a snip. Fellaini has outperformed Gerrard for one season in his career - his best season and Gerrard's worst. Gerrard turns 34 in May, he is beyond his peak and currently performing at a level week in, week out in the league that Fellaini may never touch.
    That has won nothing

Yeah, Fellaini has 'starred' on that amazing Belgian team that has won...nothing and only qualified for its first tournament in yonkers now.

It will be 12 to be exact.

Gerrard was brilliant for England in 2012. Infact, if Fellaini ever strings four consecutive games together like Gerrard did in that tournament give us a shout because it will be a sign of a player stepping up the next level.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What a catch from the little guy at the back tbf!

Looks like.....could it be???? It's Mig!

Back on about transfers this summer, whatever the money I guess Pepe is really gone. I'd like to keep a hold of Johnson tbh though. I think if we had sold Agger last season we'd have gotten the best price for him but not this season. I don't think we will get a lot for those. 15-18m? Maybe that's a naive estimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mignolet mignoleting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Back on about transfers this summer, whatever the money I guess Pepe is really gone. I'd like to keep a hold of Johnson tbh though. I think if we had sold Agger last season we'd have gotten the best price for him but not this season. I don't think we will get a lot for those. 15-18m? Maybe that's a naive estimate.

Reina doesn't want to come back so he'll go for 6-7 million. I don't think we'll shift Johnson. Unless we get a serious RB in.

And Agger, if he is to. Will go for a lot less than he was worth last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Next season both he and the team are going to shut the rarnes and Turtyturds of this world up.

Ya, next year will be your year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Well dudes. Haven't been around for a while because you're all a tad mental.

Any solid talk on transfer targets ?

Any realistic transfer target you think we could get ?

I'm thinking Loic Remy would be a great signing. Quality in abundance and would be fairly cheap to get. Would be great cover in a position where I would prefer quality over quantity. Surely he would want to come ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wouldnt be surprised to see Elbows Fellani see red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

tomaussie wrote: »
    Well dudes. Haven't been around for a while because you're all a tad mental.

Any solid talk on transfer targets ?

Any realistic transfer target you think we could get ?

I'm thinking Loic Remy would be a great signing. Quality in abundance and would be fairly cheap to get. Would be great cover in a position where I would prefer quality over quantity. Surely he would want to come ?

Yup, I would absolutely love Loic Remy. Can't believe we never went for him in the last window considering he was available at a very decent price.

Gerrard vs Fellaini?? Seriously? WTF?? And I say that as a big fan of Fellaini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

lol Fellaini is better than Gerrard :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement