Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Who is going to start the match thread???....we have a couple of lads with good winning streaks...they have a couple with good losing streaks.

As long as no one jinx's this thread :D it doesn't matter

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No match thread until Friday at least please. I don't think the forum would cope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'm the most confident I've ever been about a game at OT. That wouldn't be hard though, for the last 20 years I've expected us to lose or hopefully sneak a draw there. This time I think we've got a 50/50 chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »
    No match thread until Friday at least please. I don't think the forum would cope.

I'd normally agree but opening it early generally weeds out the worst of them before the match when they can't contain themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Perhaps there is a better thread to ask this (I haven't looked), but for anyone who lives/regularly attends Liverpool games, are tickets extremely hard to get this season or very expensive? I'm a fan from Cork who knows very little about the whole situation and just wanted a bit of insight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

lol we'd need a new match thread by the weekend as we would fill the post quota :D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

bleach94 wrote: »
    Perhaps there is a better thread to ask this (I haven't looked), but for anyone who lives/regularly attends Liverpool games, are tickets extremely hard to get this season or very expensive? I'm a fan from Cork who knows very little about the whole situation and just wanted a bit of insight.

head over to IrishKop as there is some great help over there with arranging and info for match days.

or contact Dub13 on here who runs the above site.

imo its the best place for any questions about tickets, travel, accom and also some great prices for match days.

bleach94 wrote: »

All matches are officially sell outs months beforehand now, and tickets are only available for people by being a member (which costs nearly £30 a season). There are some late sales for games based on cancellations and returns, but again, only available to members.

You can't just ring up and get tickets, is basically the point. Other ways of getting tickets other than in the memberships sales are:

1. Know someone who has bought a ticket but can't go. If you knew someone you wouldn't be asking here though.
    2. Buy through a travel agent. Very inflated prices.
    3. Online communities like irishkop where people organise trips for larger groups of people, but you'd need to be (or know and go with) an established member before you can go on these generally.
    4. Try the tickets section on boards, although I've never really looked in there, so not sure if it's any use.
    5. Try other online sites, but these may be disreputable and risky, not to mention extortionate.
    6. Touts on the day around the ground. See above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

My one and only match thread was when Suarez bit Invanovic and got banned for 10 games. We did draw 2-2 though.

I'll work away, will I?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Knex. wrote: »
    My one and only match thread was when Suarez bit Invanovic and got banned for 10 games. We did draw 2-2 though.

I'll work away, will I?

^^

Mods please ban this guy til Monday :pac:

I'll work away, will I?

Was always a fan of a luckycharms match thread myself, he used to put a lot of effort into the banners and that.....just a shame we lost most of them. :pac:

Although in his defence he was dealing with the '5starpool' is in attendance bad luck charm.

Was always a fan of a luckycharms match thread myself, he used to put a lot of effort into the banners and that.....just a shame we lost most of them. :pac:

Although in his defence he was dealing with the '5starpool' is in attendance bad luck charm.

I see what you did there.

1342389692happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-(clean).png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'll work away, will I?

Work away. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

We've never lost a league game when I've started the match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I'll work away, will I?

Get Superrush on to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That's old hat now. The only 2 games we lost that I've been at since Rodgers has taken over were the Utd and Arsenal games at the start of last season. I've been to about 10 undefeated since then, with Spurs and Chelsea yet to come this season for me.

That's old hat now. The only 2 games we lost that I've been at since Rodgers has taken over were the Utd and Arsenal games at the start of last season. I've been to about 10 undefeated since then, with Spurs and Chelsea yet to come this season for me.

Our season is in your hands then 5starpool...you have one job, don't f*ck it up.

Grayditch that post in the match thread is up there with Barone's.

I am now that weirdo on the bus laughing to himself uncontrollably.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

If you are a subscriber to IrishKop.com checkout the Boot Room (private members area) for info on a Covert LFC Gig Tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Ardent

Dunno if this has been posted already but setanta sports are reporting that rodgers has decided against making cissohko's loan move permanent. :thumbsup:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Grayditch that post in the match thread is up there with Barone's.

I am now that weirdo on the bus laughing to himself uncontrollably.

Not many Utd fans thanked it...humourless bastards.

Ardent wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been posted already but setanta sports are reporting that rodgers has decided against making cissohko's loan move permanent. :thumbsup:

Good decision, he has spent most of it injured. Hopefully he gets the money out of him for the weights machine too.

Not many Utd fans thanked it...humourless bastards.

I get some laugh out of this thread. I do wonder if the other threads are anything like it at times.

Possibly not, as this place is an utter mad house... And I love it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I get some laugh out of this thread. I do wonder if the other threads are anything like it at times.

Possibly not, as this place is an utter mad house... And I love it. :D

Ya can't bate it.

Good decision, he has spent most of it injured. Hopefully he gets the money out of him for the weights machine too.

He's a good dancer too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Weights machine was Sakho I'm sure.

Vzeukqe.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

They look the same though.

*That's Racist*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Have to say I thought Arsenal's performance looked very leggy there. They were trying to get into it, but they just didn't have the legs to chase the game or the quality on the bench to turn things around. They have 5 tough games in a very short space of time, so it'll be interesting to see where they are then.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Why not wait till later in the season to make the cissokho decision. Or at least delay announcing it for a bit longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jakub Sokolik is now on loan to Southend. Since Lloyd Jones and Rafa Paez were teamed up they seem to be the preferred paring. Even Stephen Sama has been bumped to right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

K-9 wrote: »
    Sturridge goals and assists for this season, no Eminem sound track provided:

http://vimeo.com/88649943

Those 2 chips, beauties, he knows exactly what he is going to do, shows it with a look, then goes and does it!

wow! absolutely class.....Suarez and Strurridge are some partnership... If I was Luis or Strurridge i'd not be leaving Liverpool and throwing away a partnership like that as it doesn't come around too often where your team mate knows exactly what ball to to play you etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

All matches are officially sell outs months beforehand now, and tickets are only available for people by being a member (which costs nearly £30 a season). There are some late sales for games based on cancellations and returns, but again, only available to members.

You can't just ring up and get tickets, is basically the point. Other ways of getting tickets other than in the memberships sales are:

1. Know someone who has bought a ticket but can't go. If you knew someone you wouldn't be asking here though.
    2. Buy through a travel agent. Very inflated prices.
    3. Online communities like irishkop where people organise trips for larger groups of people, but you'd need to be (or know and go with) an established member before you can go on these generally.
    4. Try the tickets section on boards, although I've never really looked in there, so not sure if it's any use.
    5. Try other online sites, but these may be disreputable and risky, not to mention extortionate.
    6. Touts on the day around the ground. See above.

Very helpful, thanks for that! :)

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We've been blessed with injuries and suspensions and are brittle overall against a relatively light fixture schedule

don't agree, Suarez out for 8 games, Sturridge out for a bit... most of our back four in an out..., Lucas out for loads... We've done well despite all these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Why not wait till later in the season to make the cissokho decision. Or at least delay announcing it for a bit longer!

Gives him the kick up the arse he needs now to play out of his skin and prove he's worth it.

barone wrote: »

LEAPS LIKE A SALMONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

It's just being reported in the press.....nothing official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

So Ozil out for the next few weeks for Arsenal. Couldn't have come at a worse time for them. 3rd looks even more concrete now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

flanzer wrote: »
    So Ozil out for the next few weeks for Arsenal. Couldn't have come at a worse time for them. 3rd looks even more concrete now

also could be good for them, he's been sh1te recently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

flanzer wrote: »

Are you serious? 3rd has never looked concrete and still doesn't. We have only just seriously got into contention for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Lloyd such a boss, everyone else fannying about who'll create it and he just marches in there. Like a scene in a film where they are wondering how to pick a lock and the hero just machine guns the fcuk out of the entire door.

Also, please be Lucky.

Now that's an analogy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Just got my ticket for OT sunday, its not in the away end, as its a work trip, and I cant guarantee I wont be asked to leave, but I believe....feck it...let the dream continue...4-1 Suarez and Daniel to dance like he has never danced before:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

kildare75 wrote: »
    Just got my ticket for OT sunday, its not in the away end, as its a work trip, and I cant guarantee I wont be asked to leave, but I believe....feck it...let the dream continue...4-1 Suarez and Daniel to dance like he has never danced before:D

I don't think I could stay quiet at all if the score turned out like that ! I would be jumping around like a lunatic if that happens .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Allen or Coutinho vs Utd? Guessing Sterling will start. Start Sakho or Lucas?

I'd leave Agger and Skrtel in and considering it's away I would start with Allen.

Can't wait!!

I don't think I could stay quiet at all if the score turned out like that ! I would be jumping around like a lunatic if that happens .

Same.

I wouldn't be able to contain myself.

billy2012 wrote: »
    Allen or Coutinho vs Utd? Guessing Sterling will start. Start Sakho or Lucas?

I'd leave Agger and Skrtel in and considering it's away I would start with Allen.

Can't wait!!

I'd leave the back line as is tbh, it did ok the last day.

It's not necessarily a choice between Allen and Coutinho. It could be Coutinho or Sterling.

The tactic of bringing a fresh Sterling on 2nd half worked the last day so he might try it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd leave the back line as is tbh, it did ok the last day.

It's not necessarily a choice between Allen and Coutinho. It could be Coutinho or Sterling.

The tactic of bringing a fresh Sterling on 2nd half worked the last day so he might try it again.

Allen to start with sterling to come off the bench. Keep it tight at the start and push on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Allen to start with sterling to come off the bench. Keep it tight at the start and push on!

+1 for that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement