Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sterling to start and give Evra a torrid time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

We have starting like men possesed with the 3 s's up front.. keep it that way i say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

kildare75 wrote: »
    Just got my ticket for OT sunday, its not in the away end, as its a work trip, and I cant guarantee I wont be asked to leave, but I believe....feck it...let the dream continue...4-1 Suarez and Daniel to dance like he has never danced before:D

sturridge-o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Allen to start with sterling to come off the bench. Keep it tight at the start and push on!

or we could just destroy them in the first 20 mins :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Win, lose or draw, I would never take a ticket to be in with Utd fans playing Liverpool, with the exception of being in a corporate box of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

looks like we going for Iturbe
    Big clubs in Europe are pursuing him while Verona will certainly use their option to buy him. His name is Juan Iturbe, he puts his speed and creativity to the service of his team. Verona will be able to get a bargain for him when they will exercise their 15 million euro option to buy him from Porto. He will then likely join another team- Juventus is observing him, Liverpool is the team abroad who is the most interested, and we can’t forget Roma. Inter is now also seriously considering him. He is a profile that Thohir likes, the Argentine also knows Mauro Icardi well. It’s possible they could be teammates in the near future…

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/inter-joins-roma-juve-and-liverpool-in-race-for-iturbe/

very exciting young player

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

MD1990 wrote: »

I bet loads of you are having to 'Iturbe' You Tube him to see what he is like.

i'll get me coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Agueroooo wrote: »

i'll get me coat.

My God. Even I think that's a shocker :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Agueroooo wrote: »

i'll get me coat.

You'll need more than that :mad::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

kildare75 wrote: »
    Just got my ticket for OT sunday, its not in the away end, as its a work trip, and I cant guarantee I wont be asked to leave, but I believe....feck it...let the dream continue...4-1 Suarez and Daniel to dance like he has never danced before:D

Some craic if you started doing the Sturridge dance.

Could be frawned upon though.

• Advertisement

Anyone know did Sakho or Lucas play any more games? U21, behind closed doors etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'm assuming this has already been posted? If not, grab a cup of tea and enjoy. Every Liverpool goal of the season in great quality - 40 minutes long. What jumps out is how many crucial goals Sturridge has scored. Suarez too. We are blessed to the have the pair of them.

http://www.molfc.com/liverpool-goals-season-201314/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Reckon Allen will be on the bench and Liverpool will look to use Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge to occupy united.

What will united's midfield be? Fellani? Carrick? Cleverly?

Rooney, RVP and Mata?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

slingerz wrote: »
    Reckon Allen will be on the bench and Liverpool will look to use Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge to occupy united.

Rooney, RVP and Mata?

Expect United to setup like they did against Arsenal away - pack the midfield and try to restrict chances. A draw would suit them, Moyes doesn't have the bottle to go all out for a win here.

If it wasn't United we were playing but a side with the same results as them this season, i'd expect us to savage them on the counter running out decent winners. But this game will have an edge to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Rooney, RVP and Mata?

That lunatic could go with Young and Valencia which would be great news for us.

Rooney, RVP and Mata?

I can't see us going that attacking out of the blocks, although I would like to see Sterling/Suarez/Sturridge all start, but with Allen or perhaps Lucas with Henderson and Gerrard providing support to the attack/defence as needed.

With Lucas and Sakho back at least on the bench we should have more options anyhow if we need to change things. A bench of Jones, Lucas, Sakho, Aspas, Coutinho, Cissokho and Moses would be our strongest bench for a while overall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

How has Jordan Ibe done on loan so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

That lunatic could go with Young and Valencia which would be great news for us.

i'd be very fearful of Valencia's pace against Flanagan tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

i'd be very fearful of Valencia's pace against Flanagan tbh

Should be fine with Johnson at left back.

• Advertisement

Just had a horrible premonition of Suarez doing something stupid at OT and getting a ban for the rest of the season.
    Couldnt happen again....could it? Could it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

gafferino wrote: »
    Just had a horrible premonition of Suarez doing something stupid at OT and getting a ban for the rest of the season.

Nah, it's fine. Knex didn't start the match thread.

Has anyone ever looked at Suarez's injury and ban record for his entire career?

Rather hilarious. He's never missed a game through injury. On the other hand...

0T1swU6.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What was the olympics one for?

Think it just means he went to the Olympics, and therefore missed games for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It was worth it for the golds he got in the hammer throw, high jump, equestrian, archery, boxing, marathon (actually only silver Henderson win that), decathlon, all cycling events, all roving events, pie eating, water polo, trampoline, Greco-roman wrestling, freestyle swim, fencing, shooting, lacrosse, hurling, twiddly winks, golf, chess, ludo, scrabble, figure skating and table tennis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Knex. wrote: »
    Has anyone ever looked at Suarez's injury and ban record for his entire career?

Rather hilarious. He's never missed a game through injury. On the other hand...

0T1swU6.png

Remarkable stuff his injury record, he plays through injuries/niggles that most wouldn't dare I'd say. The man is a machine.

rob316 wrote: »
    Remarkable stuff his injury record, he plays through injuries/niggles that most wouldn't dare I'd say. The man is a machine.

Yeah. I vaguely remember Rodgers mentioning something along that lines last season too.

Saying how is mentality was fantastic, as many players would never play in similar condition, etc.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It was worth it for the golds he got in the hammer throw, high jump, equestrian, archery, boxing, marathon (actually only silver Henderson win that), decathlon, all cycling events, all roving events, pie eating, water polo, trampoline, Greco-roman wrestling, freestyle swim, fencing, shooting, lacrosse, hurling, twiddly winks, golf, chess, ludo, scrabble, figure skating and table tennis.

I must say Owayn, that list is an impressive feat.

Was all that from memory? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It was worth it for the golds he got in the hammer throw, the high jump, the equestrian, the archery, the boxing, the marathon (actually only silver Henderson win that), the decathlon, the all cycling events, the all roving events, the pie eating, the water polo, the trampoline, the Greco-roman wrestling, the freestyle swim, the fencing, the shooting, the lacrosse, the hurling, the tiddly winks, the golf, the chess, the ludo, the scrabble, the figure skating and the the table tennis.

In before someone make 'the joke' about not including 'the the diving'.

I'd imagine Utd players might try to wind him up.

I hope Rodgers plays Suarez through the middle. He was unplayable at times last week v Southampton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

all roving events

Is that like - "he has a roving eye..." ?
    twiddly winks

Is that like - "he has a roving eye..." ?

:D:D

suarez through the middle with sturridge coming in from the right and sterling on the left. gerrard deep with hendo and allen pressing high up the field. skrtel and sakho in the center with glen on the left and flanno on the right

sakho and skrtel should be strong enough to cope with RVP and rooney. sterling taking on rafael will be a good test. sturridge coming in from the right with his pace and left foot should be lethal and suarez coming from deep through the center will rip through carrick and fellani. hendo and allen will need to press high and win any loose balls that are taken away from suarez or miss-passes to the likes of sterling and sturridge.

it will be a tough game but i still think liverpool will outscore united. 3-1 liverpool. possible hendo first goal at 175/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Paulegend wrote: »
    skrtel and sakho in the center

No....

Sahko hasn't proved his fitness (45 minutes in an U21 game where he pulled up with cramp is not enough)

Why change the backline that kept a clean sheet against Southampton? Our biggest problem this season is that our back 4 hasn't been settled, it should at least get to start this game. Utd will fly out of the traps at us, starting a CB who hasn't played a game since before Christmas is not a good idea

As much as I rate Sakho, I do think its too early to put him straight back in, unfortunately.

Skrtel and Agger will have to do.

yea i suppose you guys are right. i just wish he was ready i guess. i just hope that our backline can stay tight because this will be a huge test for them. while we might have never been this confident going to OT before, they are still the current premiership champions and they still have an amazing striker force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

possible hendo first goal at 175/1

haha you wouldn't get those odds on Pacheco to score first!

Edit: looking at it again you probably meant scorecast. My bad!

hefferboi wrote: »

Those are the odds for Henderson to score first in a 3-1 LFC win, not just on Henderson to score first.

thats because they only take bets only players that will actually be involved in the game :D

paddy power is your friend. 175/1

thats a scorecast

liverpool win 3-1 and hendo to score first

66/1 for the same with Suarez scoring first

sturridge first is 75/1

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/football-matches/premier-league-matches/Man-Utd-v-Liverpool-6634136.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

thats because they only take bets only players that will actually be involved in the game :D

paddy power is your friend. 175/1

thats a scorecast

liverpool win 3-1 and hendo to score first

66/1 for the same with Suarez scoring first

sturridge first is 75/1

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/football-matches/premier-league-matches/Man-Utd-v-Liverpool-6634136.html

My bad! Just edited my post to say the same. I thought you meant Henderson fgs on its own:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Knex. wrote: »
    As much as I rate Sakho, I do think its too early to put him straight back in, unfortunately.

Skrtel and Agger will have to do.

And in July, we thought that would do nicely!

• Advertisement

My bad! Just edited my post to say the same. I thought you meant Henderson fgs on its own:rolleyes:

no worries i think it was the way i had it written:o oops. easy mistake with all the crap i come out with at times :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd imagine Utd players might try to wind him up.

I hope Rodgers plays Suarez through the middle. He was unplayable at times last week v Southampton

The good thing is the front three of Suarez , Sturrigde and Sterling have so much pace and can interchange positions very easily . So I don't mind who starts where because you will see the players rotate positions .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Pacheco-ball.jpg

"Haha, is ball for bambino, no?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Whoa, I didn't even mean to reference Babe Ruth, there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Roma again I wonder if this will be a bi annual event now

Dammit. I leave Boston on the 19th after my holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

I read suso is after having a bit of a go at the almeria fans, cant imagine the remainder of his loan will be particularly successful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Roma again I wonder if this will be a bi annual event now

Liverpool and Roma have link through James Pallotta, he is a Boston Red Sox part owner so I guess its an obvious game to play.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool and Roma have link through James Pallotta, he is a Boston Red Sox part owner so I guess its an obvious game to play.

and a link to the slim hope I had about maybe signing Strootman :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement