Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Starting 11 from Boston 2 years ago.

5421__1342__fw4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Here's a list of all the things I miss about Jay Spearing :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

gafferino wrote: »
    Starting 11 from Boston 2 years ago.

I'd say the side that plays on July 23rd will be less than stellar (though still better than that motley crew). Lots of squad and U21s with the World Cup players resting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Interesting piece on the tour website, how quickly the team changed!

lfctour.com/..class-of-2012-where-are-they-now

5421__1342__fw4.jpg

Forgot to press 'Post' there! damn work getting in the way, then see Gafferino beat me to it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Looks like McLaughlin's face has been badly super-imposed onto his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Grayditch wrote: »

You seem to have misplaced the list....if only we had someone to point out where it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    I must say Owayn, that list is an impressive feat.

Was all that from memory? :D

Yes, of course. :cool:
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    In before someone make 'the joke' about not including 'the the diving'.

I made the mess of the joke and I am the idiot.
    Dickerty wrote: »
    Is that like - "he has a roving eye..." ?

Is that like - "he has a roving eye..." ?

:D:D

I never edit, pure stream of consciousness, ala rob Dylan.

That's a good point all right but is it not a bit pointless making that point about him, as I'm sure no one needed that point to be pointed it out to them.
    Point, point, pointing, pointing the finger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You seem to have misplaced the list....if only we had someone to point out where it is.

Damn I was too slow, now my post is pointless.

Spearing is grand - Bolton have turned a corner since their dodgy new year spell, under Dougie Freedman. Thrashed Blackburn and Leeds recently.

Curiously the form change occurred right after they sold Ngog to Swansea.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Spearing is grand - Bolton have turned a corner since their dodgy new year spell, under Dougie Freedman. Thrashed Blackburn and Leeds recently.

Curiously the form change occurred right after they sold Ngog to Swansea.

He curled in a few nice free kicks there in a game recently. Don't remember who against but he got a couple of assists from them.
    He also scored recently too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

*point*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

His missus was the one who was leaking the teamsheets indirectly all over twitter the day before the matches..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Liam O wrote: »
    It's actually hilariously telling that after the thousands of posts in the Liverpool superthread about United it's a United fan you quote and say this.

If everyone stays in their own thread and stop trolling the others it might be a bit more tollerable round here.
    Theres a match thread if you really feel you want to rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I think that's abit harsh on the lad . Sure he was limited and wasn't the best player to ever pull on a Liverpool shirt but at least he put in effort .

Couldn't fault Spearing for effort that's for sure and he put in a decent shift on a good few occasions when called upon.

He was never supposed to be first choice but ended up playing more games than expected due to injuries.

Effort with no product. Sorry, I just hated when he was in the team, I thought he was awful. Bolton player now... I wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

i didnt see the liverpool game on the usual site i go to....is it not being shown anywhere??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

i didnt see the liverpool game on the usual site i go to....is it not being shown anywhere??
    Sky as part of Super Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

5live wrote: »
    Sky as part of Super Sunday.

My bad - got mixed up with dates

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Borrell joins City according to Twitter.

City just got themselves a diamond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Borrell joins City according to Twitter.

City just got themselves a diamond.

Rumour at the time when he left was that he would eventually join City. I presume he had some kind of gardening leave to wait before he joined them. Huge shame we pulled apart that part of the club. Himself and Segura are the the main reasons I attribute to our youth players looking so unphased and switched on tactically when dropped into the first team.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Given he went on gardening leave, would that not suggest he wanted to go rather then the club forced him out?

opr wrote: »
    Rumour at the time when he left was that he would eventually join City. I presume he had some kind of gardening leave to wait before he joined them. Huge shame we pulled apart that part of the club. Himself and Segura are the the main reasons I attribute to our youth players looking so unphased and switched on tactically when dropped into the first team.

Opr

we are only really seeing the fruits of their labor coming through now and it scares me to think what calibre young player City can throw at them, and what will be coming through their ranks in 5,6,7years.

just hope we replace the both of them with a crew that will serve us for many years to come.

The rumour at the time was that he was talking behind Liverpools back alright.
    Huge shame we pulled apart that part of the club. Himself and Segura are the the main reasons I attribute to our youth players looking so unphased and switched on tactically when dropped into the first team.

To be fair its clear that direction is now coming straight from the top - Rodgers knows what he wants and its basically what the Academy have been doing for three/four years - Inglethorpe and Critchley are two of the best
    youth coaches going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

The rumour at the time was that he was talking behind Liverpools back alright..

Well done for regurgitating the twitter muppetry. If he was talking to City behind our back then as widely reported at the time it was because the club had reneged on a promised promotion for him.

Opr

Ha ha Rossiter you little daisy.

94th min

opr wrote: »
    Well done for regurgitating the twitter muppetry. If he was talking to City behind our back then as widely reported at the time it was because the club had reneged on a promised promotion for him.

Opr

I said rumour - keep your hair on. If Borrell was pissed off then he should leave, rather than doing anything underhand while still being paid by LFC.

Anyway Liverpool and Reading at 2-2 in ET in the FA Youth Cup.

#LFCU18s team v Reading tonight: Crump, Randall, Jones, Williams, Maguire, Chirivella, Rossiter, Brannagan, Ojo, Wilson, Kent.

Subs; Firth, Cleary, Hart, Canos, Trickett-Smith.

3-2 now :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

What a turn a round in the fa youth cup 2-0 down with ten to go, level it before full time and now 3-2 up in extra time via trickett smith.

• Advertisement

3-2 Trickett :)

We were 2-0 down.with 7 to go.

et

Tricky-Smith has really come on this season.

Tricky-Smith has really come on this season.

Yep but Brannagan more so.

Wilson, DTS and Branagan are the next three to play for the seniors I think.

2-4 Wilson scores from Canos run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Some comeback from the kids. From 2-0 down to 4-2 up.

Wilson, DTS and Branagan are the next three to play for the seniors I think.

2-4 Wilson scores from Canos run.

Branagan was already on the bench for us earlier in the season iirc

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Branagan was already on the bench for us earlier in the season iirc

The FA Cup game against Bournemouth was one of them I think.

3-4 Liverpool are running on empty, two players are basically unfit to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Just reading reports that Pepe had a £4.2m release clause inserted in his contract last summer before he went on loan.

Also we are linked with LB Alex Sandro from Porto after he impressed when our scouts went to watch Fernando

4-4 sensational stuff :(

Reading get a last gasp equaliser in extra time just like Liverpool got at the end of 90 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

It remains to be seen how succesful City will be in bringing any young players through. I know they have great intentions, but when they have that much money and owners who will crave success it will be difficult for them to bring any young players through. Chelsea have basically brought no one through since Terry and I can see it being similar at City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

always missing, too cocky.

Branagan misses :( Looked far too relaxed

Out on pens. Sickener after coming back from 2-0 to lead 4-2. Ran out of fit players in extra time.

Liverpool were still 4-2 up with 3 minutes left in extra-time.

They're out, smashing penos from reading in fairness

Ho hum.

Branagan won't do that again if he wants to keep his legs attached

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Effort with no product. Sorry, I just hated when he was in the team, I thought he was awful. Bolton player now... I wish him all the best.

Yeah, I reckon anyone criticizing a player like Spearing who was cheap and tried his absolute very best for us every minute he was on the pitch are really missing the point.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, I reckon anyone criticizing a player like Spearing who was cheap and tried his absolute very best for us every minute he was on the pitch are really missing the point.

I'm not really get trying to have a go at him as such, I'm just really glad he's not playing for us anymore. Jesus, A1 for effort, Jay, and I hear you're a sound lad. Hope that lessens the blow when he reads this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Rodolfo Borrell appointed as International Technical Director at Man City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I think perhaps you're missing the point. Or, rather, the humour.

Regardless, I doubt anyone misses Jay Spearing. I'd be absolutely shocked if they did.

Gave his all, which is commendable, but ultimately, he's not good enough.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement