Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have to say while touching my wood that the injury concerns of Arsenal and City are piling up at just the right time.

Aguero doubtful again, Ramsey set-back, Ozil with knock could be out for a month or more, Walcott gone for season, Wilshire fragile,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

mike65 wrote: »
    I have to say while touching my wood that the injury concerns of Arsenal and City are piling up at just the right time.

Aguero doubtful again, Ramsey set-back, Ozil with knock could be out for a month or more, Walcott gone for season, Wilshire fragile,

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Best of luck to Spurs in the Europa League, tonight.

Lovely, distracting, energy consuming Europa League. Spinning the Ikea plates with one hand while reaching for the good china with the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I know the injury situations at other clubs favour LFC but it's hardly worth fapping over .
    If you want to do that watch some vids ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I can see now why the bouncing boob gifs were stopped. If Mike is that bad with just the thought of another club having an injury crises, he must have been a Randy Marsh-esque disaster when those were happening.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Knex. wrote: »
    I can see now why the bouncing boob gifs were stopped. If Mike is that bad with just the thought of another club having an injury crises, he must have been a Randy Marsh-esque disaster when those were happening.

:pac:

Only censored bouncing gifs are now allowed

blow-your-mind-3-asian-people-in-bouncy-balls.gif

Luis Suarez back on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/suarez16luis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gafferino wrote: »

Just coming on to post that.

What a bloody week for him to decide to go back to that :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

@ 3secs does he say... ' That tosser Terry' :P

• Advertisement

Agueroooo wrote: »
    @ 3secs does he say... ' That tosser Terry' :P

He definitely implies it.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

This game at Old Trafford looks like it just got a whole lot tougher, Moyes has them running extra laps all week.

8015_10152052757087746_1123485598_n.jpg

Porto are on ITV4 (and TV3?) Fernando is playing.

Also Suso speaks to talksport

http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-exclusive-suso-tells-talksport-we-will-be-top-sooner-or-later-14031383385

He doesn't sound like someone agitating to leave which some would have you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Manchester Evening News published "12 reasons why Manchester United are better than Liverpool" today and it reads like an extremely bitter amateur blog.

Highlights include the ludicrious:

Form is temporary, class is permanent

If Liverpool fans are going to brag about finishing above United this season they should probably put it in context. The last time they finished above the Reds in the league was 12 years ago - and that was when the likes of Juan Sebastian Veron, Quinton Fortune, and Wes Brown were all in Sir Alex's side. And before that it was 1991. So expect 2027 to be the next time Liverpool get the better of United!

The desperate:
    Points don’t make prizes
    Liverpool have been praised for their brilliant, attacking football all season and United will be hard pressed to catch them in the league. But equally, Liverpool are third-favourites for the league title, and it’s the only competition they’re left fighting for. David Moyes won a trophy in his first competitive game. For all the good play of the Scousers they’ll still end up with less silverware - what a shame.
    And the outrageous:

Good lookingOf course in conceding that Brendan Rodgers' side have played more attractive football this season, we must emphasise the fact that 2013-14 bucks a trend over 50 years old. It is United who have long been known for a swashbuckling approach to the beautiful game, with the likes of George Best, Bobby Charlton and Cristiano Ronaldo ensuring Old Trafford was the place to go for aesthetes. By contrast, much of Liverpool's early success under Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley and - more recently - Rafael Benitez has been built on a sterile pass-and-move which has rarely caught the imagination.
    Who knew, the Liverpool side of the 70s an 80s were sterile!

Not sure if it's indicative of the rest of their fanbase but the lad who wrote that seems like he's cracking up.

Link: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/12-reasons-manchester-united-better-6812070

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oh, if that was a slice of cake, I'd ask them for another. Delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Surely a parody, but this is pretty great:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Oscorp wrote: »
    Manchester Evening News published "12 reasons why Manchester United are better than Liverpool" today and it reads like an extremely bitter amateur blog.

Highlights include the ludicrious:

The desperate:

And the outrageous:

Who knew, the Liverpool side of the 70s an 80s were sterile!

Not sure if it's indicative of the rest of their fanbase but the lad who wrote that seems like he's cracking up.

Link: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/12-reasons-manchester-united-better-6812070

Obviously written by the poster claiming Welbeck is better than Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Surely a parody, but this is great

The obsession is still strong in some .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Surely a parody, but this is pretty great:

Youtube won't load for me, can someone tell me what's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Augmerson wrote: »

It really doesn't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

"5 Reasons Why Liverpool Won't Win The League", following on in the vein of the article in Oscorp's post above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Sturridge from his City and Chelsea days

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=306920.0;attach=251740;image

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

It's a video of some poor fella with a horrible illness. It seems he's got sh1te pouring out of his mouth instead of his ar$e.
    Pretty disturbing. I wouldn't recommend watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    This game at Old Trafford looks like it just got a whole lot tougher, Moyes has them running extra laps all week.

Seeing Danny Welbeck training there brings hope to my heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Danny Welbeck is an excellent player who will win lots of trophies with Manchester Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Been getting hyped for Sunday and just after enjoying these :D

Also

And...

Can not wait for Sunday, BRING IT ON!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

DaveSuarez wrote: »

They're not even lines of two, sure no wonder they can't find their marker...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

A large group from Irish Kop will be watching the Utd game in the Woolshed on Parnell St on Sunday, if your about pop in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

4th should be secure for liverpool at least. Spurs look shoddy here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

4th should be secure for liverpool at least. Spurs look shoddy here all season.

FYP :D

• Advertisement

Was kinda hoping Spurs would stay in that comp a bit longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

sh__93 wrote: »
    It's a video of some poor fella with a horrible illness. It seems he's got sh1te pouring out of his mouth instead of his ar$e.
    Pretty disturbing. I wouldn't recommend watching it.

Some of his points were actually spot on - especially the one about the defense.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Who's going to drop points this weekend? City, Chelsea or Arsenal? One of them are bound to

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

The longer they stay in the Europa the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I would not be worrying about Spurs lads, a complete shambles at the moment. The top 4 will be the top 4 in whatever order they fall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

would like to see Christian Eriksen in a Liverpool shirt

not on that showing. Benfica looked very good and Spurs bar Eriksen were poor. Can't seeing them turning that around in Benfica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

TrueIt wrote: »
    Who's going to drop points this weekend? City, Chelsea or Arsenal? One of them are bound to

They'll all win I think, United too!

gafferino wrote: »
    not on that showing. Benfica looked very good and Spurs bar Eriksen were poor. Can't seeing them turning that around in Benfica.

Did Eriksen do anything apart from the free kick?

Not sure if he would be a great fit for our team. Work rate is poor. Wouldn't be taking set pieces either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

djPSB wrote: »
    Did Eriksen do anything apart from the free kick?

Not sure if he would be a great fit for our team. Work rate is poor. Wouldn't be taking set pieces either.

Not in the first half anyway, he was awful.

• Advertisement

Spurs are like one of those terrible supergroups that some management team throw together at the behest of the record company and falling sales - lots of tedious, aimless mid tempo noodling. No decent hook lines, never mind air-punching rhythms and riffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Spurs are like one of those terrible supergroups that some management team throw together at the behest of the record company and falling sales - lots of tedious, aimless mid tempo noddling. No decent hook lines, never mind air-punching rhythms and riffs.

They never crank it all the way up to eleven like The Liverpool.

Spinal Tap is 30 this year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Spurs are like one of those terrible supergroups that some management team throw together at the behest of the record company and falling sales - lots of tedious, aimless mid tempo noddling. No decent hook lines, never mind air-punching rhythms and riffs.

Beautifully put.

Spurs are like one of those terrible supergroups that some management team throw together at the behest of the record company and falling sales - lots of tedious, aimless mid tempo noodling. No decent hook lines, never mind air-punching rhythms and riffs.

You reminded me of this, which coincidentally is also my laptop profile image :D

haha-business.jpg

Echo reporting Henderson will be rewarded with a new contract this summer.

Well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Audiospurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

djPSB wrote: »
    Echo reporting Henderson will be rewarded with a new contract this summer.

Well deserved.

Going to be an important player for Liverpool for years, hopefully will continue to improve.

Sturridge should be rewarded too, he's a top player and should be on top money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hello Cleveland....I mean LFC thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I know this has been debated before but I still don't see the benefit of the Europa League. Been a huge distraction for Spurs. Too many games and playing on Thursday is a joke. Don't agree it's a good way to blood young players.... a midweek game in some country you never heard of playing against some team that finished 3rd in their domestic league - we may as well be playing Accrington Stanley (Apologies to any Accrington fans)

Some journalist (& I use this term lightly) writing for the Mail suggested if Utd qualify for Europa they should boycot it, as it's beneath them and arrange Friendlies with major European teams instead. The article was beyond delusional but I do hate this competition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement