Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

They should never have changed the old UEFA Cup format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Remember when UEFA had 3 competitions? Now they can't even manage 2. If they put more money into the Europa League it'd be an insentive but its like even they want it to go away now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I know this has been debated before but I still don't see the benefit of the Europa League. Been a huge distraction for Spurs. Too many games and playing on Thursday is a joke. Don't agree it's a good way to blood young players.... a midweek game in some country you never heard of playing against some team that finished 3rd in their domestic league - we may as well be playing Accrington Stanley (Apologies to any Accrington fans)

Some journalist (& I use this term lightly) writing for the Mail suggested if Utd qualify for Europa they should boycot it, as it's beneath them and arrange Friendlies with major European teams instead. The article was beyond delusional but I do hate this competition.

The only worth of the Europa is to big clubs in smaller leagues, and to the very small European league clubs.

For clubs like Benfica, Ajax, Celtic etc the Europa is a great opportunity to win a European trophy when the CL, due to the money in the top European leagues, is beyond them. Similarly, the likes of Shamrock Rovers, participating in the group stages was a massive thing for them

The competition has pretty much lost its value though. Personally, I'd be in favour of coMbining it with the CL and have have one bigger European Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Its importance will grow from next season on when the winners get entry to the CL.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/159014-sturridge-i-call-stevie-james-bond

He christened Philippe Coutinho 'David Blaine' earlier this season for his magical ball skills, and now Daniel Sturridge has conjured up another nickname for one of his teammates…

The striker has revealed he's given Steven Gerrard the moniker 'James Bond' around Melwood due to the captain's world-class talents.

"He doesn't like it, but I call him that because he can do everything," Sturridge said.

"On a day-to-day basis in training, you have to see it to believe what he can do with a football.

"I've grown up with Jordan Henderson in international age groups, Raheem Sterling is like a little brother and I'm very close to him, Glen Johnson is a top-class player and then there's James Bond... Stevie has got the lot, hasn't he?

"If ever there was a player who deserved to finish his career with a Premier League winner's medal or a World Cup winner's medal it's Steve Gerrard."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think we are going to give them a stuffing on Sunday.

RVP wants to stay on ? Of course when they are giving out 300k wages. They have Moyes where they want him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

gafferino wrote: »
    Its importance will grow from next season on when the winners get entry to the CL.

I can't wait to see the effect this has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/159014-sturridge-i-call-stevie-james-bond

He christened Philippe Coutinho 'David Blaine' earlier this season for his magical ball skills, and now Daniel Sturridge has conjured up another nickname for one of his teammates…

The striker has revealed he's given Steven Gerrard the moniker 'James Bond' around Melwood due to the captain's world-class talents.

"He doesn't like it, but I call him that because he can do everything," Sturridge said.

"On a day-to-day basis in training, you have to see it to believe what he can do with a football.

"I've grown up with Jordan Henderson in international age groups, Raheem Sterling is like a little brother and I'm very close to him, Glen Johnson is a top-class player and then there's James Bond... Stevie has got the lot, hasn't he?

"If ever there was a player who deserved to finish his career with a Premier League winner's medal or a World Cup winner's medal it's Steve Gerrard."

Interesting to see that he's good friend with Sterling.

Maybe part of the reason Sterling has been on the straight and narrow since he arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Again I gotta give him credit, he comes across really well and nothing like the impression you get from watching him on the pitch.

djPSB wrote: »

Maybe part of the reason Sterling has been on the straight and narrow since he arrived.

Yeah I thought that too. Not that i know a lot about Sturridge but you dont hear much about his private life in a bad light.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I am gonna stay away from the match thread.

there is no in-between with some people.

come 3:15pm on Sunday they are going to have lots of egg on their face, or probably stonking around bragging about their massive erection.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Agueroooo wrote: »

come 3:15pm on Sunday they are going to have lots of egg on their face, or probably stonking around bragging about their massive erection.

In fairness both sets of fans can say this about the other. Although both sides like to claim the other are worse or more childish, there really is nothing to choose between them. We both have sensible, realistic ones, and we both have OTT childish ones, and everything in between.

Agueroooo wrote: »

And Mike touching his wood!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sturridge's interviews have been pretty good since he joined, and seems like a good spirited, joker type fella. Its hard not to like him.

I can see Gerrard being really uncomfortable with the James Bond nickname, which makes me chuckle a bit too :D

5starpool wrote: »
    In fairness both sets of fans can say this about the other. Although both sides like to claim the other are worse or more childish, there really is nothing to choose between them. We both have sensible, realistic ones, and we both have OTT childish ones, and everything in between.

Yeah, but like, our ones are better. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

Pointed out a few weeks back that Raheems twitter account has gone very spiritual a la Daniel - good to see both players benefitting no matter what the cause.

5starpool wrote: »

Agree with this, both sides have posters who instigate/engage in it...but in my experience they are worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I can't agree even a little with people who think we are going to 'stuff' them even if it is just their opinion.

They have the attacking trio back, its OT where we haven't won in 6 attempts and our away form is below average.

I just pray for any win - we could be ten points shy of Chelsea if we lose and that would depress the crap out of me given the season we are having.

Knex. wrote: »
    Yeah, but like, our ones are better. Right?

Damn you :pac:

Anyway might stay away from the match thread myself....heard it's for saps, and people who are not real supporters.

Sturridge got PL player of the month :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    8015_10152052757087746_1123485598_n.jpg

Moyes: "I'm calling this the flying wall formation. All of yiz just run into the box like this, someone will swing in a cross, and it's bound to bounce off at least one of ye. It will work 60% of the time, all the time."

But on a serious note. Form, league position, morale, squad all go out the window when it comes to this fixture. Even an early goal doenst guarantee anything. Looking forward to the game, but will be watching from behind the couch.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Moyes: "I'm calling this the flying wall formation. All of yiz just run into the box like this, someone will swing in a cross, and it's bound to bounce off at least one of ye. It will work 60% of the time, all the time."

But on a serious note. Form, league position, morale, squad all go out the window when it comes to this fixture. Even an early goal doenst guarantee anything. Looking forward to the game, but will be watching from behind the couch.

Morale is vital imo. If either team isn't up for it, they'll be eaten alive.

Knex. wrote: »
    Sturridge's interviews have been pretty good since he joined, and seems like a good spirited, joker type fella. Its hard not to like him.

I can see Gerrard being really uncomfortable with the James Bond nickname, which makes me chuckle a bit too :D

764046-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Sturridge got PL player of the month :D
    :eek:

Should have been Welbeck..

:D

5live wrote: »
    :eek:

Should have been Welbeck..

:D

I would have thought Kroos was a shoe in.

Left backs rarely win these types of awards though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Birlsu0CAAE3baC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So no chance of scoring this weekend then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

mike65 wrote: »
    Dont worry Mike.

A good shower and a few pints and you will be good to go:D

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

You can always repeatedly touch your wood.

Poor Mike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gah! Sunday cant come quick enough, I'm excited but nervous at the same time.

We win this and we can hopefully stamp 4th down.

I've gotten some laugh out of this thread, and the match thread to be fair, in the last few days. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Not a wink of sleep shall be had on Saturday night.

I can't remember the last time I've been this wound up for a game.

Mods as a matter of interest, do ye do access removals on request these days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

My girlfriend is being induced today, I'll have a new lucky charm by Sunday hopefully :) thank god for Sky Go too!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

My girlfriend is being induced today, I'll have a new lucky charm by Sunday hopefully :) thank god for Sky Go too!!

congrates. hopefully the little one will be coming out to this seasons champions :D

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Not a wink of sleep shall be had on Saturday night.

I can't remember the last time I've been this wound up for a game.

Mods as a matter of interest, do ye do access removals on request these days?

im going to be up at 5 sat and sun for the fricken f1 aswell. then the rugby all day saturday.

what a weekend though :D

Paulegend wrote: »
    congrates. hopefully the little one will be coming out to this seasons champions :D

I nearly managed it last time, my first daughter was born in 2009 :)
    Louise, Danielle, Stephanie, Brenda and Raheema have all been thrown out by the gf as potential names :)

Louise, Danielle, Stephanie, Brenda and Raheema have all been thrown out by the gf as potential names :)

Congrats to both yourself and your missus. Hope all goes well for ya.

She forgot to mention "The Rodgers", though.

'The Brenda' or 'The Rodgersanna'

Seriously knex, quit it. ;)

• Advertisement

You're too slow, Turty! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone else think that with Ozil out for 6 weeks, 3rd is ours to lose?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone else think that with Ozil out for 6 weeks, 3rd is ours to lose?

It could turn out to be a good thing for them, he hasn't played well in months and I think Ramsey is due back soon.

It could turn out to be a good thing for them, he hasn't played well in months and I think Ramsey is due back soon.

it might united them to push on aswell. i too think ramsey will probably be better for them in that position although i thought he was due back this weekend................... hopefully a little set back (dont really feel good to wish that on players though)

it just means that 2nd and 3rd are there for us to win

i unlike most am not totally convinced it will be city and chelsea automatically finishing the top 2

if we beat them we only need them to drop 1 point ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

or Fab.

Oh yeah they did not get him either.

ebbsy wrote: »
    or Fab.

Oh yeah they did not get him either.

dont forget lucas, sneijder, derossi, falcao and thiago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Also today is the day LFC mauled man utd 4 - 1 at old Trafford .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

You realise if we win the league you'll be knocking the missus up again in time for next year... You may end up breaking the world record for kids by the time we win our 15th straight in a row. :) I hope she's up to it!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Paulegend wrote: »
    im going to be up at 5 sat and sun for the fricken f1 aswell. then the rugby all day saturday.

what a weekend though :D

you dont fancy putting your head down now for a nap and try to bank some sleep for your busy weekend.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You realise if we win the league you'll be knocking the missus up again in time for next year... You may end up breaking the world record for kids by the time we win our 15th straight in a row. :) I hope she's up to it!! :P

Dear Jesus. :eek:

Way to terrify the man anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement