Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/159022-rodgers-lucas-and-sakho-in-contention

We're fine - we've had Lucas Leiva and young Sakho [come] back in," Rodgers told a pre-Manchester United press conference at Melwood when asked for an injury update.

"It's a great credit to them; when I gave players time off, they actually wanted to stay behind.

"It shows you the commitment of this squad. They had an opportunity to have a break, they'd been working very, very hard with the medical team, but they decided to stay and last Friday they travelled down themselves in a car to London to play in an U21 game.

"Both came through that fine and they've trained very well this week. They come into the squad and we're only got Jose Enrique missing."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Well this answers a few questions about the best combined 11 from Liverpool and United...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/rodgers-would-not-pick-a-single-united-player-in-his-team-30091404.html

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5live wrote: »
    Well this answers a few questions about the best combined 11 from Liverpool and United...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/rodgers-would-not-pick-a-single-united-player-in-his-team-30091404.html

I believe, off the record, he said that they were all top players, but not top, top players.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

5live wrote: »

What a ridiculously misleading headline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

5starpool wrote: »
    What a ridiculously misleading headline.

I agree , on the subject of their players I wouldn't take a single one of them . Football is a team game and the team BR has assembled players that compliment each other greatly .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Knex. wrote: »

I love his answer here:

Journo: You have the Barclays player of the month in your team, what do you make of some of the reports labelling him as arrogant.

BR: Lazy journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

I agree , on the subject of their players I wouldn't take a single one of them . Football is a team game and the team BR has assembled players that compliment each other greatly .

I'd take Mata in a heartbeat. Definite upgrade on Coutinho in a #10 role.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

very nervous about sunday if we win Id finally believe we are in the title race. Lose and I'll be getting a bit concerned about the top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

gafferino wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/159022-rodgers-lucas-and-sakho-in-contention

We're fine - we've had Lucas Leiva and young Sakho [come] back in," Rodgers told a pre-Manchester United press conference at Melwood when asked for an injury update.

"It's a great credit to them; when I gave players time off, they actually wanted to stay behind.

"It shows you the commitment of this squad. They had an opportunity to have a break, they'd been working very, very hard with the medical team, but they decided to stay and last Friday they travelled down themselves in a car to London to play in an U21 game.

"Both came through that fine and they've trained very well this week. They come into the squad and we're only got Jose Enrique missing."

I fully expect him to keep going with the same team as before, but wouldn't be overly surprised to see one if not both of them starting.
    Depends on how everyone's been training.

Starting Sakho - disruption to back 4... AGAIN, be good to keep it consistent while we're winning. Upgrade on Toure for the bench at least.

Starting Lucas - again, disruption to players in good form, or 'in a good moment' as all the young hip managers say these days, but he might offer a bit more solidity in midfield. I expect Gerrard will add 10% to his game considering it's united, so don't see changing the personnel to get Lucas back in the team as an improvement, considering lack of match practice for Lucas.

Tough call. I'd keep things as is for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'd be pretty surprised if either started but they both add a lot more quality to our bench which is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'd nearly start Sahko due to the fact that United cross a good bit and he's our best player in the air

Lucas should be on the bench and used if we're in a winning position and looking to close out the game by sitting back and countering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sturridge
    --Suarez
    Sterling

Henderson---Allen
    Gerrard

-Johnson---Agger---Skrtel---Flanagan

Mingolet

I'd go with the above. If Coutiniho could guarantee a performance like the one against Arsenal, I'd have him ahead of Allen. But unfortunately he's just too inconsistent.

It always confuses me for a second when people put their line ups backwards (to my mind anyhow), like Tusky's post above.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I kind of like it because the left sided players are on the left.

Fantastic post by me, I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

It always confuses me for a second when people put their line ups backwards (to my mind anyhow), like Tusky's post above.

Ye but they may have lost the toss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

I prefer it Tusky's way. Dont give in to the peer pressure Tusky, stay true to your ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

mayordenis wrote: »
    I kind of like it because the left sided players are on the left.

Fantastic post by me, I must say.

I always do it that way because, as mayordenis said, the players are on the correct side of the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd go with a simple 4-3-3:

Johnson
    Suarez
    Agger
    Allen
    Mignolet
    Gerrard
    Sturridge
    Skrtl
    Hendo
    Flanagan
    Sterling

It doesn't matter, ye are all wrong.

WRONG I TELL YE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

It has to Allen, Hendo and Gerrard in the middle- the work rate of the former two will be needed until the game opens up a bit, maybe bring in Coutinho if it becomes stretched and we are chasing. Do what we have been doing well all season, getting the ball quickly to the front two (three), and I think it will be a 2/3-1 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Is it Sunday yet?
    Is it Sunday yet?
    Is it Sunday yet?
    Is it Sunday yet?
    Is it Sunday yet?
    Is it Sunday yet?
    Is it Sunday yet?
    Is it Sunday yet?
    Is it Sunday yet?
    Is it Sunday yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

With Cheltenham over, its time to stop gambling and concentrate on the footie again.

I fancy us to win 3 nil.

Its 33/1. Might stick a tenner on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Slattsy wrote: »
    With Cheltenham over, its time to stop gambling and concentrate on the footie again.

I fancy us to win 3 nil.

Its 33/1. Might stick a tenner on it.
    Have lumped a fair bit on us over 2.5 goals @ 9/2 myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is Henderson suspended for Sunday????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

ʇǝlouƃᴉW

uɐƃɐuɐlℲ---lǝʇɹʞS---ɹǝƃƃ∀---uosuɥoſ-

pɹɐɹɹǝפ
    uǝll∀---uosɹǝpuǝH

ƃuᴉlɹǝʇS
    zǝɹɐnS--
    ǝƃpᴉɹɹnʇS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The U21s are playing Blackburn, currently 1-1. Blowing a gale at Kirkby. The away side dominated the first half, Liverpool better since the break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

asdfgh86 wrote: »
    ʇǝlouƃᴉW

uɐƃɐuɐlℲ---lǝʇɹʞS---ɹǝƃƃ∀---uosuɥoſ-

pɹɐɹɹǝפ
    uǝll∀---uosɹǝpuǝH

ƃuᴉlɹǝʇS
    zǝɹɐnS--
    ǝƃpᴉɹɹnʇS
    Jaysus.

Watch 5starpool and Tuskys heads explode:)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

TEAM

BitrQGtIMAA-k7I.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Agueroooo wrote: »
    TEAM

BitrQGtIMAA-k7I.jpg

What kind of a formation is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

That's a mad picture. It really does seem like there's a great spirit in the team. They actually look like mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Typical it would be both Agger and Allen on the ground with an injury :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Whos in the grey jumper beside gerrard at the back?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Mr Alan wrote: »
    That's a mad picture. It really does seem like there's a great spirit in the team. They actually look like mates.

I guess we have our no nonsense manager to thank for that- did I actually say that?

man Rodgers has really grown on me.

Skrtel also looks to have clicked with Janice Dickinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Has anyone noticed how Aspas seems to be central to all the happy training photos and now he's in the centre of this party photo.

Hmmmm, interesting .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Has anyone noticed how Aspas seems to be central to all the happy training photos and now he's in the centre of this party photo.

Hmmmm, interestimg .

Aspas is to Liverpool what Reina is to Spain - a good time irrelevance. or Tom in Parks & Recreation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Aspas sure scored if thats his other half touching his shoulder :cool: Maybe next season he might get a chance to score on the pitch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Finding Coutinho is like a Liverpool version of Where's Wally.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    What kind of a formation is that?

Two up front by the looks of yer one front right.

0D3A1D9747CD4E8EB4417898CD9C8D76-0000324468-0003517701-00600L-643F312946B744EABA42EC5221825B33.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Lucas covering the rear as usual

How long before someone ruins it by sticking John Terry in it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Where's kolo?

And can people stop leaning on Danny's back please. He's fragile enough like!

Where's kolo?

And can people stop leaning on Danny's back please. He's fragile enough like!

Look harder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Who's going out with Drew Barrymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The one in the middle at the very back.

Hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Have lumped a fair bit on us over 2.5 goals @ 9/2 myself.

I couldn't find that bet on PP football page..
    Suarez is 8-1 for MOTM, so I threw a tenner on that instead, cmon Luis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Skrtel also looks to have clicked with Janice Dickinson.
    Probably pulling out of her top :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Super-Rush wrote: »
    0D3A1D9747CD4E8EB4417898CD9C8D76-0000324468-0003517701-00600L-643F312946B744EABA42EC5221825B33.jpg

Sterling couldn't get a babysitter obviously ;);)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement