Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Evening guys! Arsenal fan here! I fully expect yiz to do Utd over tomorrow! 0-3 at Old Trafford and Arsenal to win 0-2 at WHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I think I speak for everyone here in wondering when you are going to offer to do a naked dance in front of the GPO if LIverpool win the league?

If Liverpool win the League, will you join me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Less of this 'buddy buddy' shit. I hope Arsenal get battered tomorrow.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

mate if Liverpool win the league you wont have to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Actually If Liverpool win the League, who's joining me in a Naked dance outside the GPO?

Any like on this mean you're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It won't just be outside the GPO if we win the league there will be people running around naked all over the world with a lot of drunk heads on them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

DenMan wrote: »
    Evening guys! Arsenal fan here! I fully expect yiz to do Utd over tomorrow! 0-3 at Old Trafford and Arsenal to win 0-2 at WHL.

Main couse Liverpool win.

Dessert Arsenal lose :pac:.

We're not buddies! Arsenal will not get battered tomorrow! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Beaten will do ........even though i hate Tottenham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Agueroooo wrote: »
    This fellas has the lineups right more times than wrong. ...

"@MarkmaccaMc: Mingolet.Flanagan Sakho Skrtel Johnson Henderson Allen Gerrard Sterling Suarez Sturridge"

Would be very happy with that, agger had a good game last time but if united pump lots of crosses in sakho will be the better option. Didnt allen have a cracking game in his first derby when fellaini was in great form and kept him quiet?

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Beaten will do ........even though i hate Tottenham.

Arsenal will beat Spurs and if you've any aspirations of winning the league (of which you should) then you'll beat Utd at OT tomorrow. It's about time Liverpool (and it's fans) realised that enough is enough and if you want to win the league then going to OT and winning is what has to be done. It's not 1990 anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

photo.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Still have a soft spot for Torres (as I do with all ex players except Diouf ) but I just read an amazing stat...

he has equalled the number of games played with LFC for CFC.

he scored 63 goals for us but only 19 for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

LOL...look at 'still bitter over 89' over here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Turtyturd wrote: »
    LOL...look at 'still bitter over 89' over here. ;)

I remember listening to the game on tv in a flat in Dublin coz the picture had gone and tearing my hair out when Michael Thomas scored.

I think I am in that slightly bitter club but hoping the Arsenal win it if we dont.

I suppose I am slightly conflicted about the end of this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if it's possible, tomorrow's game got a little bigger as of 720ish today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Still have a soft spot for Torres (as I do with all ex players except Diouf ) but I just read an amazing stat...

He has played 159 games for them and scored 43 goals.

142 games and 81 goals for Liverpool.

The 19 goals in 102 games only refers to the league.

He won an FA Cup a CL and a EL with them and doubled his wages. I'd say he doesn't care about how many goals he scored for us and won nothing.

He won an FA Cup a CL and a EL with them and doubled his wages. I'd say he doesn't care about how many goals he scored for us and won nothing.

He had ringside seats for all of them too, that was a bonus for him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I'd say he care's a small bit. Money isn't everything. When he was with us he was one of the most feared strikers on the planet. Now he's just average. Surely he feels some bit of sadness over that?

hefferboi wrote: »
    I'd say he care's a small bit. Money isn't everything. When he was with us he was one of the most feared strikers on the planet. Now he's just average. Surely he feels some bit of sadness over that?

Maybe when he is sitting on the bench, But when he goes home to one his multi million pound homes in London or Spain and looks at all his medals and money I'd say he is ok about how it's all turned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

He said that in an interview recently, that he moved to win trophies and he's won trophies. It was a good mood for him, less so for Chelsea he pretty much said

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Am I the only one who really don't give a ****e about Torres tonight?

Them bridges are long burned!

Unused sub in the F.A Cup final, brought on in the 84th minute of the CL final, not really a great story for the grand kids.

Reina has 2 EC and 1 WC medal I'd say he will have a great time showing them off to his grand kids. Torres will be the same.

As would anyone of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Salahs doing well at Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think we all will. I may have to do mine in Berlin, though.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

5live wrote: »
    Well congratulations are in order, Vinz.

Was it a boy or a child, as they say down here:D

A lovely child :)

Maybe when he is sitting on the bench, But when he goes home to one his multi million pound homes in London or Spain and looks at all his medals and money I'd say he is ok about how it's all turned out.

Everyone's different I suppose. But give me a player who just wants to play as much as possible (Suarez) over someone after money (Torres).

• Advertisement

Everyone's different I suppose. But give me a player who just wants to play as much as possible (Suarez) over someone after money (Torres).

I totally agree.

I have been thinking about what we will do with Reina next season. I am guessing we will move him on.

So I wonder could we use him in a deal to get one of the many players we could try for at Atletico Madrid. He won't get his Barca move now. But maybe a move to his fathers team might interest both him and Atletico.

I have been thinking about what we will do with Reina next season. I am guessing we will move him on.

So I wonder could we use him in a deal to get one of the many players we could try for at Atletico Madrid. He won't get his Barca move now. But maybe a move to his fathers team might interest both him and Atletico.

I can see Courtois staying at Atletico. There isn't going to be too much interest in Pepe this summer, he may have burned his bridges far too prematurely with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

rob316 wrote: »
    Rodgers speech to the players tomorrow

Brilliant, that sent shivers through me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

While Reina has been a silly billy, Rodgers could do worse than keep him in mind if he finishes the season well - next season a CL seasoned keeper would be handy enough to have esp as selling him would only raise about 4 million. Obviously Mig would expect to play CL games as well but Pepe would be good cover and could play certain games if a big PL game follows a CL game.

I'm absolutely delirious with tiredness but I've decided we're winning the league this year. The reason you ask? Kompany missing the games against United and Arsenal and then being rusty against us. They are dropping points without him, no question about it.

Beat Chelsea and City, title is ours.

Torres didn't move for money, he moved for success. Tht was the only reason he left Atletico in the first place.
    In hindsight, can't blame him for leaving. The move has worked out for him in that he's won the trophies he was after

I'm absolutely delirious with tiredness but I've decided we're winning the league this year. The reason you ask? Kompany missing the games against United and Arsenal and then being rusty against us. They are dropping points without him, no question about it.

Think he only misses the fulham game. 1 match for professional foul

Don't forget the games against Utd, Cardiff, Sunderland, Spurs, Westham, Norwich, Palace and Newcastle!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

mike65 wrote: »
    While Reina has been a silly billy, Rodgers could do worse than keep him in mind if he finishes the season well - next season a CL seasoned keeper would be handy enough to have esp as selling him would only raise about 4 million. Obviously Mig would expect to play CL games as well but Pepe would be good cover and could play certain games if a big PL game follows a CL game.

While im not too hot on his conduct lately, I wouldnt mind keeping him, but who has a back up keeper on 100k a week?

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Think he only misses the fulham game. 1 match for professional foul

Straight red is automatic 3 games no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Good piece here about Suarez, lots of stats and facts.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25775979

Straight red is automatic 3 games no?

I think for dangerous play or violent conduct etc, don't think it is for a professional foul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What time is kick off lads? Is it half one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

monkey9 wrote: »
    What time is kick off lads? Is it half one?

Yep.

Kompany only misses one game.

• Advertisement

A lovely child :)

I think you should call her heffergirl :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think you should call her heffergirl :)

"Jose".

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Here lads, both my head and my heart are saying a win tomorrow but I'm still absolutely ****ting it.

I can scarcely remember a league game having this much riding on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I really hope the 2wk break we had doesnt come against us

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement