Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What an emphatic result and performance.

Liverpool back in the big time.

Not really worried about Arsenal v Spurs now. They are behind us and we're looking forward.
    Hopefully all posters now believe in this team, squad and manager and no more discussions about Rodgers qualifications for the job.

Don't think we'll win the league this season but we've to go for it. Exciting times ahead.
    Beautiful to see Utd in pain as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Big shout out to the defence today.

muhammad-ali.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

daRobot wrote: »
    Did anyone else find the united fans singing '20 times' as if the scorelines were reversed, utterly pathetic?

State of yer wan behind the corner flag when Coutinho was taking a late corner, she wouldn't get a ride in a rodeo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Just popping in to say get the fucccccccccccccccck in, have some of that utd!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to relax later and read over both threads, will be like a male version of 50 shades of grey to me!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With the day that's in it!

QK9uBVk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

6 goals and two clean sheets away to Southampton and United are two results I never expected.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Brendan Rodgers.

that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

mike65 wrote: »
    I have to agree, when a game is decided by the other team being crap and a couple of penos its not the full fat victory. Still you can only beat what's in front of you.

I disagree, I find it hugely encouraging to win a game by controlling the midfield, being tactically set up perfectly, defending well.

Suarez and Sturridge came into it at the end, but we did not depend on them solely for this victory. That's a huge positive.

Gerrard shining in DM, Henderson excelling, The back 4 looking solid, Rodgers getting his tactics spot on, Sterling showing he has a bit more to his game playing in the hole - hugely satisfying to win the game in that matter, lots of positives. A Suarez hat trick wouldn't have told us anything new.

There could be no accusation that we are a one (or two) man team after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

niallo27 wrote: »
    Lads Rodgers is really a great manager. He learnt from the Swansea game he needs to tighten up. He changed things around and two clean sheets. He really is learning from any small mistake he makes.

Agreed. You can see from how articulate and considered he is, that he's a highly intelligent and astute chap. Proud to call him our manager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Wow!! Just wow!!!

The shot of Fergie in the crowd looking glum was so funny.

I have only one worry about this scoreline, and that is it might mean Moyes gets the boot! I hope he doesn't, he's doing a great job! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gerrard,Flanagan, Allen, Henderson, Johnson were outstanding today didn't give the united midfield an inch, nothing fancy and creative but just battered them defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Massive win. Only got to see the second half. We pressed the ball really well and our front three were brilliant. Suarez did not react which was great to see when he was being fouled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Reign it in a bit lads.....we're still underdogs in the United game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Thought the midfield trio was fantastic today.

This team spirit.

Jvptl4Z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If I were a Utd supporter I'd be absolutely shocked and appalled at what's happened to Rooney and Rvp - in footballing terms they are hardly willing to acknowledge each other.

It would be as if Sturridge and Suarez hardly ever pass to each other.

Oh hang on....! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

kfallon wrote: »
    State of yer wan behind the corner flag when Coutinho was taking a late corner, she wouldn't get a ride in a rodeo

Ha! Noticed that aswell. The gobby tramp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Jaysus I'm as excited as Elton John with a bag of mickeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Happy Paddys Day LFC!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

This team spirit.

Jvptl4Z.jpg

I love Danny :)

Is Sturridge doing his dance in the background when he didn't even score? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Fair play to Carragher and his composure talking about Spurs Arsenal, with possibly a big horn on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

We are in a great position in the league. I only thought we would challenge for 4th spot this season but now who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Alex Ferguson - October 2013
    " Liverpool are 8 players away from been genuine title contenders"

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Henderson and Allen together must be a nightmare to play against. Every time a United player received a pass in midfield, one of them were on there in a heartbeat harassing them.

we_win_cheers1.jpg

Someone do a song to the Cheers theme!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

V drunk in Oz and have farm work in the morning, great result, but to be honest, the point of the season which will I will remember for yonks will be Jon Flanagan's goal against Spurs, I don't think ive laughed/smiled/ and felt so much happiness about a goal in a game that was already won, the whole team were delighted, the fans were, and Kenny was in the crowd and he loved it, was amazing. Anyways, im off to bed, work in a few hours YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

More points than last season and 8 games to go.

4qqwqd.jpg

Phenomonal. And with pretty much the same players too.

V drunk in Oz and have farm work in the morning, great result, but to be honest, the point of the season which will I will remember for yonks will be Jon Flanagan's goal against Spurs, I don't think ive laughed/smiled/ and felt so much happiness about a goal in a game that was already won, the whole team were delighted, the fans were, and Kenny was in the crowd and he loved it, was amazing. Anyways, im off to bed, work in a few hours YNWA

Stay away from them sheep! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

We are in a great position in the league. I only thought we would challenge for 4th spot this season but now who knows.

me too. in august, i predicted a 5th spot finish. in december i predicted a 3rd spot finish but now...my god the players and seriously making us BELIEVE!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Someone, anyone, please post a link to the David Moyes football genius banner :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89486927&postcount=1195

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

i'm starting to believe

I thought we'd end up 5th or 6th. How happy am I to be wrong :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Thought the ref was pretty poor overall.

Seemed to be a textbook example of "referring the occasion".

Fair enough, he gave us 2 legitimate penalties but we should've had at least 1 more if not 2 (Although Suarez staying on his feet when he shouldn't have didn't help - See! That's why he usually goes down!). It's hard to criticise him for the Sturridge penalty Stevie missed but he got it wrong.

Today was an example of playing in such a way that makes the ref more or less irrelevant. We just crushed them for almost the entire 90 and waited for them to die.

It's hugely promising ahead of some other important games - will we have the grit to get through against City and Chelsea this time?
    They won't do us as many favours but if we've got a bit more quality and can take some chances from open play I'd say we have a decent chance of holding them at bay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Rodgers makes me believe we can do it. He will say its all down to the players but i think its more down to the belief he has injected into these players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Look at our form in that pic, we are the ONLY team with all green :D

iFx4pgIFnRun5.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

So Mr. Henry what you need to do is get on your plane right now (assuming you're in yankland) and bring a piece of paper with contract on the top and a blank beside the amount. Hand it to Bren and give him a pen. Let him fill in the rest...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

we_win_cheers1.jpg

Someone do a song to the Cheers theme!

You look younger in that Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

gimli2112 wrote: »
    i'm starting to believe

224749_206246782729999_139361872751824_652352_5873249_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Just give Rodgers the new contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Bitterness aplenty on the Guardian comments:
    Typical scouse performance. Win by any means necessary, diving, cheating. Good to see the old traditions are alive. It may be 3 points but I'd be ashamed to support a team that relies on that kind of play. How many times did Suarez go down and roll around for the cameras??
    The ref had a shocker. No way was that red for Vidic, and how many times did Flanagan get away with being on a second yellow. Three pens in a game??? No Way.
    Brenda will be happy no doubt but it was a case of liverpool winning and football losing today.

A clean sheet for Linda. and from her twitter.

Bi2926XIUAA1dde.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

LiamoSail wrote: »
    224749_206246782729999_139361872751824_652352_5873249_n.jpg

Those sorts of pics are so incredibly gay.

I cringe my balls clean off every time I see one spewed out on RAWK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

So happy for Rogers, cant surely be many left on the anti rogers bus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There's always one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Stay away from them sheep! :pac:

Im working with Sandalwood and not animals thankfully, work later will consist of me being hungover and looking busy until I get home and watch MOTD! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Gbear wrote: »
    Those sorts of pics are so incredibly gay.

I cringe my balls clean off every time I see one spewed out on RAWK.

I entirely agree with you. That though, ironically enough, is a United poster from a few years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Arsenal leading already..... yikes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement