Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

You know what's great?

Handing Man Utd their own arses at Old Trafford. That.

I saw somebody in the match thread saying Joe Allen offers the team nothing. Anyone that holds this opinion doesn't deserve to watch football imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

rob316 wrote: »
    Alex Ferguson - October 2013
    " Liverpool are 8 players away from been genuine title contenders"

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Brendan Rodgers - October 2013

"That's probably two short of what they need then."

Great team performance today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I saw somebody in the match thread saying Joe Allen offers the team nothing. Anyone that holds this opinion doesn't deserve to watch football imo.

Someone else wanted Suarez off, think they wanted him sold a few weeks ago too....I am putting it down to emotions running high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jesus spurs were great taking all those shyte players from under our noses
    Singurdsson just made a cross forgot all about him

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Someone else wanted Suarez off, think they wanted him sold a few weeks ago too....I am putting it down to emotions running high.

...or bad drugs. I'm going with bad drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

C'mon Spurs.

mike65 wrote: »
    C'mon Spurs.

They could get another 90 minutes and they wouldn't score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

C'mon Spurs.

They could be there for another week and not score. Their ****e.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    jesus spurs were great taking all those shyte players from under our noses
    Singurdsson just made a cross forgot all about him

100% confident that Rodgers would of got much more from them.

I wouldn't mind a bid on Vertonghen in the summer. (I'm aware he prob wasn't one of the players you were talking about, I just like him).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

4th Nailed on now, All we need to do is hope Chelsea batter Arsenal next week and I think we'll guarantee 3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

4KD3gI9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Vicxas wrote: »
    4th Nailed on now, All we need to do is hope Chelsea batter Arsenal next week and I think we'll guarantee 3rd

Nah, let's hope Arsenal batter Chelsea and we can guarantee 1st.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Would have prefered a Spurs win or draw at White Hart Lane to maintain the perfect sporting weekend but at least the main events in Paris yesterday and Old Trafford today went my way. A win for Portumna tomorrow in Croke Park will round it off nicely !

Turtyturd wrote: »
    They could get another 90 minutes and they wouldn't score.
    niallo27 wrote: »
    They could be there for another week and not score. Their ****e.

:D

Anyway that's FT and Spurs are now unofficially out of the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Shame Spurs couldn't grab one, but Liverpool have shown recently that their fate is in their own hands.

CAUSE WE'RE BLEEDIN' DEADLY!

3pm kick off next week. It's been a while hasn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Despite my own best efforts not to, I'm going to have to take this title push seriously now, amn't I?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

What site is this from Mike ?

xn6gr5.jpg

Allen was class, him and Hendo did a super job today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fcuk that tbh. I hope either Arsenal win or its a draw. I'm never one to get carried away and I'd have snatched your hand off if offered 3rd at the start of the season. We've 9 games to go and with this group of players playing like they are, anything can happen.

Its time to go balls to the wall and look up the table rather than around us and below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ok guys calm down we're definitely winning the champions league next year any other chat is just nonsense

30 goals in the last 8 games. ****en hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Knex. wrote: »
    Despite my own best efforts not to, I'm going to have to take this title push seriously now, amn't I?

You really should Liverpools forward play is unreal to watch, it's well capable of winning a league. It's clicking well for Pool and ye are avoiding injuries and with no CL your best 11 is fresher than the other 3.

This is the best run in for years all 4 teams form permitting could win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fourth place is in the bag alright now. Honestly though, I would have preferred Spurs to win, as at this stage if we can secure third we avoid a potential CL banana skin in a qualifying round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Arsenal to win or draw that match will be better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

God today was so so sweet. To beat utd 3-0 and home and their fans meltdown is just amazing, some of them are so bitter with the liverpool hate. The comments on the utd thread are brillant.

viper006 wrote: »
    God today was so so sweet. To beat utd 3-0 and home and their fans meltdown is just amazing, some of them are so bitter with the liverpool hate. The comments on the utd thread are brillant.

It's 'United thread number 2' if you will.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Cardiff, Sunderland, Spurs then West Ham up next. Given City have Arsenal and United on the horizon, you'd have to be optimistic that four wins would leave the title in our own hands with five to play

• Advertisement

3pm kick off next week. It's been a while hasn't it.

It's on Setanta I think.
    30 goals in the last 8 games. ****en hell.

Yep and have scored 3 or more 17 times this season. Good times. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

barone wrote: »
    The last 10 games

If Carlsberg done run in's...

United - Suarez runs around Old Trafford nutmegging himself as he scores a hat-trick. The stretty end eats itself in a fit of rage as Moyes claims he's pleased they only conceded 5 and got to the byline 8 times. Now they're gonna believe us.

Cardiff - Total destruction, Vincent Tan marches down from the stand in 65th minute and fires Solskjaer on the sideline. Fabio has to be brought to hospital with rectal bleeding after the raping he took from Sterling. Now they're gonna believe us.

Sunderland - A resurgent Sunderland full of confidence after their great cup form only concede 6. Borini sitting in the stands, bites his own hand after every goal as a mark of respect to Suarez. Now they're gonna believe us.

Spurs - Tim Sherwood turns up on a big red bus to Liverpool street, London. Soldado missed it. We win. Now they're gonna believe us.

West Ham - Andy Carroll is standing in the center circle telling Downing to lump it into the box. Kevin Nolan tackles himself at the corner flag and gets sent off. Rodgers out tactics Fat Sam by telling his team to use the ball to score goals. Now they're gonna believe us.

Man City - Flanagan breaks Yaya in half with a tackle in the first minute. One Ya isn't as good as two. Henderson sets the record for most distance ever covered in a PL game. Rodgers takes him off after 35 minutes with the game already won. Now they're gonna believe us.

Norwich - Suarez scores, Sturridge dances, Skrtel stares, Cissokho smiles, Mignolet mignolets. Now they're gonna believe us.

Chelsea - The decider, deadlocked after 93 minutes as Sterling skins Ivanovic and floats one last hopefull ball into the box. It's cleared by Englands brave John Terry..... but only as far as Steven GERRARRRRRDDDDDDDDD who smashs it from 25 yards and bursts a hole in the net. Mourinho is going mental on the sideline claiming it never crossed the line. Torres cries. YNWA erupts around Anfield the likes of which hasn't being heard in 9 years. Now they're gonna believe us.

Crystal Palace - Sakho asks for more balls to be lumped into the box but there are no more. The travelling Kop are having a party - Now they're gonna believe us.

Newcastle - Kevin Keegan claims he'd love it, LOVE IT if he could get a ticket to the game. He can't. Rodgers erects a giant perch in the dugout and sits on it as he watchs the game. JW Henry puffs a cigar, Linda is wrapped in a clean sheet. Aldo screams. God prays. The King has tears in his eyes. The Kop sings as it's never sang before. 24 ****ing years and now, NOW they're gonna believe us.

Can you feel it?

Bitta fun ðŸ˜

Close enough... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Loved this, taste of his own medicine.

479084857-marouane-fellaini-of-manchester-united-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXvZyZ7tET57dnYb%2BC9RZbdbzhacnF5Y1vaKO9l2H1CjgZBq72prqBgLM2yQW%2BRIm81JYKw51gyDXtqsMYgO1R44%3D

bur wrote: »

He elbowed himself? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

bur wrote: »

???? it was a class of heads and Gerrard got booked for it stupid ref

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Gary Lineker now talking on NBC about Rodgers.

Basically confirmed the Barca link and he has a lot of contacts still at the Nou Camp, and Rodgers aint got an agent so I don't think its any body trying to stir up false info to secure a better contract for him.

I said it a couple of months ago in here that Rodgers is getting the attention of some really heavy hitters in the game.

Sometimes we are too close to see what he is achieving and how those with no affiliation to club rate him.

a manger like Rodgers are like chickens teeth and we really need to tie him down.

Tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Not going to quote the pic, but that's a bit classless. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

It's on Setanta I think.

Your right next Saturday on Setanta Sports 1.
    Made up after today :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Kills me to say this because I'd love nothing more than to see Liverpool to go into administration but well done today. Outplayed Utd in every part of the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Gary Lineker now talking on NBC about Rodgers.

Basically confirmed the Barca link and he has a lot of contacts still at the Nou Camp, and Rodgers aint got an agent so I don't think its any body trying to stir up false info to secure a better contract for him.

I said it a couple of months ago in here that Rodgers is getting the attention of some really heavy hitters in the game.

Sometimes we are too close to see what he is achieving and how those with no affiliation to club rate him.

a manger like Rodgers are like chickens teeth and we really need to tie him down.

Tomorrow!

TalkSport and 5 Live are both saying the back pages tomorrow say the above and Man City as well are after him.

As someone who wasn't sure about him when he got the job I would be now worried if he didn't get a new contract sorted before the end of the season.

I wouldn't be worried about City but Rodgers has ties with Barca and that would be his dream job in the future i would guess.

So put the contract in front of him now John W and don't let him leave the room till it's signed.

Lapin wrote: »
    What site is this from Mike ?

www.soccerway.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

TBH I dont fear him leaving, well not yet in anycase, If he ultimately wants to go to Barca we wont be able to stop him and he will have earned his shot if/when it does come. We'll have him for a good few years yet his next contract is a formality at both ends he will get a significant pay-rise at the end of the season on his new 4-year deal. All IMO of course.

Kills me to say this because I'd love nothing more than to see Liverpool to go into administration but well done today. Outplayed Utd in every part of the pitch.

Do one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I don't believe these links for a second, but it would be hard to turn down a chance to manage Messi for anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,530 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its one thing beating them in their own backyard, its another to absolutely dominate them there and to see them so clueless. From bout 15 mins onwards, you could hear in Neville's commentary the utter bemusement & frustration with how united were playing and (not) coping.

It was glorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

I don't believe these links for a second, but it would be hard to turn down a chance to manage Messi for anyone.

Maybe we'll buy him......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Maybe we'll buy him......:D

Nah he's to injury prone lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

???? it was a class of heads and Gerrard got booked for it stupid ref

It was just lovely to see Elbows on the other end of one of those "accidental" aerial clashes for once.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Daniel Sturridge ‏@D_Sturridge 1h
    What a win!! Get in there boys!! Striving to be second to none. #redordead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

hard to believe Utd are Rooney 300k a week
    & were paying Suarez & Sturridge 230k a week as Suarez is on 150 but will go up to 200 next season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Anyone got a link to video of the goals ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement