Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

retalivity wrote: »
    Its one thing beating them in their own backyard, its another to absolutely dominate them there and to see them so clueless. From bout 15 mins onwards, you could hear in Neville's commentary the utter bemusement & frustration with how united were playing and (not) coping.

It was glorious.

It's weird, I got surprisingly little joy out of it - wait a second!!

That was until Sturridge dived and got Vidic sent off. Giving United a drubbing, even when rarely getting out of second gear, is great but it is the tension and drama that makes these matches for me.

One thing I would say is that this United team are a disgrace. With the exception of Rooney, there was zero urgency in that team when they didn't have possession and they looked even worse when they had the ball.

Going back to our performance, I don't think we were actually that impressive at all. We played well and absolutely deserved the win but if we really kicked into top gear, we could have destroyed them.

Surreal altogether but long may Moyes' rein continue

Edit. Shame Gerrard didn't get the third!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Kills me to say this because I'd love nothing more than to see Liverpool to go into administration but well done today. Outplayed Utd in every part of the pitch.

It's much better when your team takes the enemy apart, rather than a bunch of accountants.

If you've already forgotten, you'll have to take my word for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Gutted with that result :( ......big opportunity missed regarding on seriously improving our goal difference.

Also, big opportunity missed by Gerrard regarding his goal celebrations.....yes, kissing the camera is all good and well but would have like to see him go for a Cantona-esque pole dance at the Stretford End just for the craic.

Mildly disappointing day all around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Any clips from the away end today? Other than that I'll take highlights of the game please.

To beat them today so easily while not even performing was magic.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Twitter says Firmino agents stayed in Liverpool this weekend and himself and Kono lined up for the summer but PSG showing interest in the Kono chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

With the players we have the football we play and the future we currently look forward to having dont see how any footballer not in it just for the money wouldn't love to play in that system.

Carlsberg dont do nighmares but if they did.........

..Rodgers moves to Barca in the summer and brings Suarez in a £70mil move.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Gutted with that result :( ......big opportunity missed regarding on seriously improving our goal difference.

Also, big opportunity missed by Gerrard regarding his goal celebrations.....yes, kissing the camera is all good and well but would have like to see him go for a Cantona-esque pole dance at the Stretford End just for the craic.

Mildly disappointing day all around

Are ya joking? We beat United 3-0 at Old Trafford, moving 3 pts closer to the league leaders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Twitter says Firmino agents stayed in Liverpool this weekend and himself and Kono lined up for the summer but PSG showing interest in the Kono chap.

If he's the sort who wants to take a pay day and sit on the bench he's welcome to join them.
    Same goes for Salah. He'll be off on loan next season.

Regardless of how the way things go for the rest of the season I'd say we've turned quite a few heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Gary Lineker now talking on NBC about Rodgers.

Basically confirmed the Barca link and he has a lot of contacts still at the Nou Camp, and Rodgers aint got an agent so I don't think its any body trying to stir up false info to secure a better contract for him.

I said it a couple of months ago in here that Rodgers is getting the attention of some really heavy hitters in the game.

Sometimes we are too close to see what he is achieving and how those with no affiliation to club rate him.

a manger like Rodgers are like chickens teeth and we really need to tie him down.

Tomorrow!
    A few weeks ago people were saying that there's no rush and that we should wait to see how things pan out at the end of the season :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I think it would be a big dilemma for Rodgers, I doubt it's a slam dunk in Barca's favour.

He will know based on the history of the club what a title would mean for his personal status, and based on this season he will believe it's actually possible (he may have been working to convince himself before, which is fair enough).

This assumes Liverpool are willing to match whatever salary barca would come to the table with. If not, all bets are off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why would Rodgers go to Barcelona?

He has a chance to build something very special in Liverpool and become a club legend.

The Barca job is always temporary and a high chance of failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

spockety wrote: »
    I think it would be a big dilemma for Rodgers, I doubt it's a slam dunk in Barca's favour.

He will know based on the history of the club what a title would mean for his personal status, and based on this season he will believe it's actually possible (he may have been working to convince himself before, which is fair enough).

This assumes Liverpool are willing to match whatever salary barca would come to the table with. If not, all bets are off.

I don't think there's the slightest chance that, even if the rumours were true, Rodgers would be interested in going to Barca at this stage of his career. Liverpool are on an upward trajectory - he's solely responsible for that, Barca are a bit of a basketcase what with club politics interfering with the team. He knows his value, he has a plan I'm sure and that doesn't involve him leaving just as things are coming good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

I can understand the draw of barca for a player, but for a manager, putting Liverpool back up on the perch is more if an achievement I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Huge pressure at the barca job, and some big egos to manage. He's better off building something at pool, waking the giant.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Barca is a immensely tough job. Even Guardiola had to get away the pressure there was too much
    Keeping Rodgers at Liverpool now is just as important as keeping the top players. I am sure those in charge realise that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't believe these links for a second, but it would be hard to turn down a chance to manage Messi for anyone.

I'm not dropping Sturridge for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Huge pressure at the barca job, and some big egos to manage. He's better off building something at pool, waking the giant.

He's still very young and pretty inexperienced too. Plenty of time to develop his experience and prepare himself for that sort of move. Needs a few. CL campaigns under his belt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Rodgers to Barca.
    Your having a ****ing laugh lads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

He must be looking for a pay rise, hence the rumour. Many players have done same. Possible pay linked to league position year end and he is pointing it out for negotiation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I would imagine Rodgers will want to see the end of this transfer committee before there is any contract signed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Barca is a immensely tough job. Even Guardiola had to get away the pressure there was too much
    Keeping Rodgers at Liverpool now is just as important as keeping the top players. I am sure those in charge realise that

Brendan should be having a look at Moyes, and realise it can be too soon to take a big job!

Slowly, slowly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rob316 wrote: »
    I would imagine Rodgers will want to see the end of this transfer committee before there is any contract signed.

Hopefully he doesn't get his way.

They have been identifying and targeting quality players - Konoplyanka, Willian, Mkhytaryan, etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

If someone had told me at the start of the season that I would be dissappointed if we didnt win the league I would have said they were mad
    Tbh I think the title might still elude us but that doesnt worry me so much. We have almost guaranteed Champions League football. The chance to build on this team with some serious capital and hopefully with Rodgers in charge the best manager in the league some great times ahead

just realised we beat manu 3=0 at the theatre of dreams (lol) thank you for the legacy alex

Brendan should be having a look at Moyes, and realise it can be too soon to take a big job!

Slowly, slowly!

Rodgers took a massive job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

suarez_celeb_mancs.gif
    suarez_celeb_mancs.gif
    suarez_celeb_mancs.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hopefully he doesn't get his way.

They have been identifying and targeting quality players - Konoplyanka, Willian, Mkhytaryan, etc

And who out of that list have we signed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Top 4 means less with Utd not in contention. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

We should do whatever it takes to keep Rodgers at Anfield. Whatever it takes, however much money he needs.

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »
    We should do whatever it takes to keep Rodgers at Anfield. Whatever it takes, however much money he needs.

don't think he'll leave
    Liverpool believed in him
    god merson's a

Rodger's should slow play a bluff and wait until he see's the transfer kitty ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The brittle man taking one for the team :D

Bi4A1NhIgAImreN.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The brittle man taking one for the team :D

Bi4A1NhIgAImreN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Liverpool have 3 goals or more in 17 games this season !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Super-Rush wrote: »
    And who out of that list have we signed?

Giving the manager full control of who we sign is not going to change that.

Two of them signed for Dortmund and Chelsea and one may sign for us yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    don't think he'll leave
    Liverpool believed in him
    god merson's a

Is this a haiku?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Grayditch wrote: »
    Are ya joking? We beat United 3-0 at Old Trafford, moving 3 pts closer to the league leaders.

haha...forgot the sarcasm tags on that post.

Suspected we might win today but didn't think it would be so easy. ManU and Spurs are a shambles atm.

Delighted for Joe Allen too...finally getting some recognition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Its been a long day, I was dreading going to a family function on my wife's side that was on after the match today, they are all United fans and I have put up with years of misery attending functions and having to listen to their shi*e but today was a pure joy to attend. I was beaming, didn't even say anything to them, the smile said it all :D I have been looking forward to reading this thread all day...YNWA :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Slowly, slowly!

Sure, that's why many were against him getting the Liverpool job, and why many opposition fans laughed.

Can't see it though, though he'll expect backing from the owners to strengthen the first team with CL football.

Have to agree with the others, today felt very flat, we've played better and lost or had tight wins.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Good win today :cool: But have played a hell of alot better this year. Keep believing lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Graeme Kelly on Twitter says Firmos agent was in Liverpool last week, he's not sure if we are interested in Kono too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Some of you's want to worry for the sake of it, I swear. Rodgers is going nowhere.

Also, William Carvalho we need to steal from Sporting before United potentially do.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Good win today :cool: But have played a hell of alot better this year. Keep believing lads

Spot on.

we didn't really play all that great.

Just hope we are reserving that for the City and Chelsea games with the home crowd behind us.

They are in trouble if we click.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

disappointing result today - we should have put manners on them with a 6 or 7 goal thrashing. Regardless they've been well and truly knocked off their perch.

One of these days we are going to hand out an awful beating to a team.

Can't wait to play Chelsea, I despise that club and their manager and everything they stand for, I hope we absolutely destroy them but I'd take a 5-0 win if you offered it to me right now.

Fair to say Brendan has raised standards and expectations, only right too - this is Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Also must say welcome back Glen Johnson. Blinder of a performance today. Hopefully he pushes on now. If THIS is gonna happen we need top performances from all the big players for every game now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Rodgers is undoubtedly manager of the season, regardless of whether Liverpool claim the league title or not. Fair play to him, I used to think he was a clown.
    I was of course well wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Rodgers is undoubtedly manager of the season, regardless of whether Liverpool claim the league title or not. Fair play to him, I used to think he was a clown.
    I was of course well wrong.

He was 9/2 to win it last week.

Mourinho must be the only competition if he wins the league.

Yea, Johnson put in a very good performance!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

So, what are the chances we've got another manager the sack?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Is it unprecedented to bring a side that finished the previous season in 8th (or lower) into a genuine title challenge the following season?

I believe it is gentlemen but I am open to correction on that matter so do your research and confirm or deny the motion

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement