Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Rodgers saying on the club website Johnson prob not available for tomorrow but should be for next week.

Interesting to see if he gets his place back. Cissokho has come on leaps and bounds from what he was but still needs to improve. Johnson LB anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I'd imagine alot of the team look up to Kolo and mentor / leader type figure. Anytime I have heard anyone talk about him, Rodgers or team members, they are always full of praise and talk about what big positive character he is in the dressing room. Kolo is a winner and it seems to be rubbing of on the others. Tis a pity about his 2 recent comical errors and that's what people tend to focus on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

billy2012 wrote: »
    I'd imagine alot of the team look up to Kolo and mentor / leader type figure. Anytime I have heard anyone talk about him, Rodgers or team members, they are always full of praise and talk about what big positive character he is in the dressing room. Kolo is a winner and it seems to be rubbing of on the others. Tis a pity about his 2 recent comical errors and that's what people tend to focus on.

A I was just joking with the smiley face.

Its actually a good article. He talks about how good it is having players like Kolo and Stevie around. Talks about the advice Kolo gave before the Stoke game etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I dont think people are saying the FA is unimportant. Just that its not Liverpools priority this year. Finishing in a CL position is the priority. If we can do that and have a good cup run, well and good. If we make CL and dont win the cup, I wont be too upset about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

The match tomorrow is a tricky one for rodgers from a selection point of view. The starting 11 still almost picks itself due to injuries but having fielded pretty much the same 11 in the last 4 games over the last 2 weeks I am nervous that injuries are around the corner if some of the players prone to injury like sturridge or even gerrard dont get a rest.

I really want us to win this but the league is beyond doubt a priority for me and il be disappointed if we go out , il wont be as gutted as if a league match. I do hope rodgers gives afew players a rest but looks like toure and hendo may be the only changes. Moses may well get a run out too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I wish the end of the PL season would come already and we'll finally see whats going to happen with the club.

From the United thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

ebbsy wrote: »
    It's just a smokescreen to cover up that disaster draw with West Brom.

Absolutely correct. And everyone is lapping it up once more. Mourinho delighted.

Would love a reporter to ask Mourinho why he does not trust his players to play a more expansive style and what weaknesses is he trying to cover up with his limited but effective game plans.

On LFC - hope Hendo and Kolo get rested on Sunday. More than adequate replacements on the bench. As good as a strongest 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

viper006 wrote: »
    The match tomorrow is a tricky one for rodgers from a selection point of view. The starting 11 still almost picks itself due to injuries but having fielded pretty much the same 11 in the last 4 games over the last 2 weeks I am nervous that injuries are around the corner if some of the players prone to injury like sturridge or even gerrard dont get a rest.

I really want us to win this but the league is beyond doubt a priority for me and il be disappointed if we go out , il wont be as gutted as if a league match. I do hope rodgers gives afew players a rest but looks like toure and hendo may be the only changes. Moses may well get a run out too.
    what are we going to do next season if we are in the CL?
    we don't have a game for another week so we should go full strength

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

A7aDCnN.jpg

I missed yesterdays sausagefest cos I was out cheating on you sexy bastards with my wife...sorry about that :o

How does this work cos there's a couple of names missing that I would have expected to see?

EDIT:I'm not complaining,by the way...that's a solid bunch of lads /creepyfootballlovein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have no idea what the parameters are, my own list was a bit odd insofar as it was dominated (yes DOMINATED) by one poster - K9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Think I read before that its perhaps predicated on post thanking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

MD1990 wrote: »
    what are we going to do next season if we are in the CL?
    we don't have a game for another week so we should go full strength

I agree completely with you. We need to acquire plenty of depth over the summer and look at all the players we have on loan that could come back in. In the meantime, the game vs arsenal will be our third in a week and given our luck with injuries this season isnt great im just nervous of fatigue taking its toll on vital players like sturridge and the likes. Id have no complaints resting players but i dont tink rodgers will anyways.

Knex. wrote: »
    Think I read before that its perhaps predicated on post thanking.

Thank you for your post :p

Thank you for your post :p

You plonk :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

cjmc wrote: »
    My 2 cents on the cup game and whether to play the strongest team possible
    **** no if it hurts the league run in
    Manage your squad to achieve your goal , which is getting back to where one of the most fabled clubs in european football belong. The cl
    How many epl players excelled at the last world cup? None ,all carring injuries
    We have vital games coming up and if resting them for a week helps getting back to the table then sod the cup this year
    Get back to a position of strength then gp for every thing

What about momentum,, form and the massive boost in confidence a win against Arsenal could bring as well as demoralising them.

Aren't footballers paid to play football, they're not made of glass, let them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

sunderland 1 up stays like that and our game on mar 10 will be postponed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got nothing for Valentines and I wasn't included in anyones board compatibility crap.

Sad-forever-alone-face-only-l.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Got nothing for Valentines and I wasn't included in anyones board compatibility crap.

Sad-forever-alone-face-only-l.png
    Awww, there there now.

You came in at no.9 on mine, if that helps any

http://www.boards.ie/love.php?match=hot

All mine from the one thread:eek:. I need to get out more..

At least one of my top 2 was female:D, and i will leave it at that:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

murpho999 wrote: »
    What about momentum,, form and the massive boost in confidence a win against Arsenal could bring as well as demoralising them.

Aren't footballers paid to play football, they're not made of glass, let them at it.

Yea, they also never get injured.

5live wrote: »
    Awww, there there now.

You came in at no.9 on mine, if that helps any

http://www.boards.ie/love.php?match=hot

All mine from the one thread:eek:. I need to get out more..

At least one of my top 2 was female:D, and i will leave it at that:P

I feel better now.

• Advertisement

With images that size, its no wonder you're not loved!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

U18s win 1-0 against Sunderland, didn't watch but the conditions looked wretched at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think the generally decent Arse-Pool mutual tolerance on Boards took a hit during the Suarez transfer debacle, but it's better now :)

Everyone should remain focused on who we hate the most at all times!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Everyone should remain focused on who we hate the most at all times!

Hmmm.....I wonder who it is...

Hmmm.....I wonder who it is...
    Lloyd wont like it but for me its chelsea;).

United are a bit like the slightly mad uncle constantly living in the past, shouting at parked cars who are ultimately harmless.

But chelsea......well lets just say i would be banned if i posted my feelings on them and their equestrian manager:mad:

FA Cup draw is at 3.33 pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Sturridge plays tomorrow and scores he will beat John Aldridge's record of scoring in 8 successive matches!

I know I had my doubts about signing him, I couldn't have been more wrong.

The season we are having all records could be broken so go on Daniel smash that record.

tumblr_ms1yg5wdHb1rlp3o5o1_500.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

United are a bit like the slightly mad uncle constantly living in the past, shouting at parked cars who are ultimately harmless.

But chelsea......well lets just say i would be banned if i posted my feelings on them and their equestrian manager:mad:

Nearly spat out my drink reading that :D

• Advertisement

sunderland 1 up stays like that and our game on mar 10 will be postponed.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Why?

Because league game clashes with last 8 of cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

mike65 wrote: »
    FA Cup draw is at 3.33 pm tomorrow.

Tree tirty tree

Why?

We are due to play them in the league that weekend but they will have an FA cup quarter final tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

We are due to play them in the league that weekend but they will have an FA cup quarter final tie.

So will we hopefully.

Knex. wrote: »
    With images that size, its no wonder you're not loved!

:pac:

I was going to fix but then I said, 'fup them they deserve it for not letting me play'.

• Advertisement

Anyone know when the rescheduled game might be?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the rescheduled game might be?

Will be quite difficult to organise as Sunderland now have 3 league games to reorganise. Due to the carling cup final they have their league game against wba cancelled, the city league game from the other night and now the game against us to reschedule.
    Their is an unwritten rule that PL games wont take place on the same nights as Champions league or europa league games so it really only leaves the following dates Mar 25/26, apr 15/16 or may 6/7.
    I take my fantasy football a bit too serious thats why Id be up to speed on these permuatations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

tumblr_ms1yg5wdHb1rlp3o5o1_500.jpg

That's an exceptionally cringeworthy picture/caption. It must have originated on RAWK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Will be quite difficult to organise as Sunderland now have 3 league games to reorganise. Due to the carling cup final they have their league game against wba cancelled, the city league game from the other night and now the game against us to reschedule.
    Their is an unwritten rule that PL games wont take place on the same nights as Champions league or europa league games so it really only leaves the following dates Mar 25/26, apr 15/16 or may 6/7.
    I take my fantasy football a bit too serious thats why Id be up to speed on these permuatations.

Apr 15th will be ruled out for Liverpool

Apr 15th will be ruled out for Liverpool

yep 16th if its that midweek obviously

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/video-raheem-sterling-brings-an-epic-game-of-foot-volleyball-to-a-finish/

Following on from what has been said over the last few days, the spirit in the squad just seems incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I have to confess that I'm a big Mourinho fan and an admirer of their core group of players (I posted my thoughts on Ashley Cole recently). :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Why?

Ah, i seen you've taken a break from giving out about Dubs in the Garth Brooks in Croker thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is the quarter final played at wembley?

If not I'd love for is to be the home team. If we win tomorrow that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is the quarter final played at wembley?

If not I'd love for is to be the home team. If we win tomorrow that is

Christ no. Bad enough that the semis are played there.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I was going to fix but then I said, 'fup them they deserve it for not letting me play'.
    Sure dont be listening to Knex. All he ever hears is complaints about size;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

It would be great if Pellegrini came out and said Chelsea are favourites for the title because they don't have the League and FA cups to worry about.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

City played great and stopped Chelsea playing, but Salah's passing didn't seem very good.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Chelsea were beyond awful there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement