Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yep, think it's a bit harsh on the team to say the result was because United were bad. Same is always said about the Arsenal result, that we only won cos they didn't turn up, truth is nobody knows if they turned up or not because we didn't give them a chance to show it

Difference there is that Arsenal have put in some really good performances this year. United looked pretty much typical today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

MD1990 wrote: »
    Gerrard has been superb recently in the holding role
    As big of a fan as I am of Lucas, Gerrard seems to have all the latter's defensive ability, but still retains superior quality in distributing the ball forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

That 20 times tune is still stuck in my head:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Trying to analyse our remaining fixtures which are:

Cardiff (a)
    Sunderland (h)
    Spurs (h)
    West Ham (a)
    Man City (h)
    Norwich (a)
    Chelsea (h)
    Crystal Palace (a)
    Newcastle (h)

Obviously, City and Chelsea are vital matches and will be very difficult but when I look at the others trying to foresee slip-ups I think we'll be too strong for Cardiff and Sunderland. West Ham, Spurs and Newcastle shouldn't really have a lot to play for and I think Norwich and Palace are potential slip -ups as teams that may be fighting relegation.

We, well Suarez, have a good record against Norwich and a not very good one against Tony Pulis sides.

Is this being over simplsictic, cocky or arrogant?
    Can't help and get excited when I go through them. Get results against City and Chelsea, then the sky is the limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

MD1990 wrote: »
    Gerrard has been superb recently in the holding role

Has me close to admitting I was wrong!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Was it the thing about our remaining fixtures game by game?

Cheers, I found it.

I dare you to look at him. Demons. Naysayers. Look at him. Battle for fourth is it? His jersey a circular blur. Just about getting back into the CL is it?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88985323&postcount=134

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Can someone please explain Morzadec's table to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

As big of a fan as I am of Lucas, Gerrard seems to have all the latter's defensive ability, but still retains superior quality in distributing the ball forward.

I still think we're better with Lucas in the team. I'd probably still have him over Allen, even more so because Allen's best performances have been off the bench.

It's about support. Nobody can run a midfield all on their own to any decent standard.
    The work rate has only gotten better as the season has wore on - we knew what we'd get with Henderson and Allen but Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling have all upped their game on the defensive end of things.

We're still a shambles at times but we've gotten fairly good at stopping teams getting at our back four. Once that happens we're in trouble.

Today Gerrard wasn't having to hold the fort by himself - Allen, Sterling and Hendo were absolutely everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I think this video just about sums up my reaction to the result.

monkey9 wrote: »

Something about the top 8! Basically breaks down the table into results against the top 8 and the rest.
    Gbear wrote: »
    I still think we're better with Lucas in the team. I'd probably still have him over Allen, even more so because Allen's best performances have been off the bench.

It's about support. Nobody can run a midfield all on their own to any decent standard.
    The work rate has only gotten better as the season has wore on - we knew what we'd get with Henderson and Allen but Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling have all upped their game on the defensive end of things.

We're still a shambles at times but we've gotten fairly good at stopping teams getting at our back four. Once that happens we're in trouble.

Today Gerrard wasn't having to hold the fort by himself - Allen, Sterling and Hendo were absolutely everywhere.

I think that's the key.

I think, for Lucas/Masch fans who have been used to Rafa/Kenny tactics, we are kind of lost, bewildered and dumbfounded as to how the Gerrard experiment has worked.

We need a Lucas or a Masch, so how is Gerrard playing as a DM working?

Barring the couple of games where it looked shaky when experimented, it's looked dynamic and pretty solid recently.

What we've got is a syatem that has gone away from a Lucas/Masch type player to a dynamic Gerrard DM type player. The philosophy of the team has changed, the central axis, and I'm having a hard time to adapt.

I posted stats a few week's back showing players involved in chance creation. Lucas was surprisingly high in those stats, far much higher than normal, influential in creating chances, so maybe Lucas's attacking role was underestimated, and Gerrard fitted in pretty seamlessly?

To me, it seems while all most of us were focusing on holes in the middle, Rodgers outsmarted us and focused on the attacking side!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

My understanding.

Its an adjusted league table that takes into account quality of opposition so therefore smooths out a run of easy/difficult fixtures.
    Its based purely on T4 qualification - i.e., the table doesn't care who wins the league, it merely shows how far ahead ('+') or behind ('-') each team is in relation to a theoretical target of 76 points for a 4th place finish.

It should become increasingly obsolete (not meant in a bad way) as the season approaches the end as the real table becomes accurate.

Extreme example would be if Ireland played Gibraltar in their first E16 qualifier - a win would be worth 3 points in the UEFA table but worth Net Zero in the Morzadec Table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Guys, as compelling as this title race is there is one point about today.

Champions League football is back and Liverpool are back in the elite!

It is what we realistically wanted at the start of the season and the team have delivered it with 9 games to go. Congratulations to Rodgers and the players. The turnaround since January 2013 has been remarkable, Liverpool finally have their pride back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I love the fact people say we didn't play well, yet we probably could have won 5 or 6 nil!!!....love it!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

My understanding.

Its an adjusted league table that takes into account quality of opposition so therefore smooths out a run of easy/difficult fixtures.
    Its based purely on T4 qualification - i.e., the table doesn't care who wins the league, it merely shows how far ahead ('+') or behind ('-') each team is in relation to a theoretical target of 76 points for a 4th place finish.

It should become increasingly obsolete (not meant in a bad way) as the season approaches the end as the real table becomes accurate.

Extreme example would be if Ireland played Gibraltar in their first E16 qualifier - a win would be worth 3 points in the UEFA table but worth Net Zero in the Morzadec Table.

What did you just say to me there? Sorry man, I don't speak Greek!! :confused::o

What did you just say to me there? Sorry man, I don't speak Greek!! :confused::o

Simpler answer needed?

'Pool doing just damn fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

My understanding.

It's the "If my aunt had a bollix she'd be my uncle table"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah ha! Drunk and yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah ha! Drunk and yeah!

I know how that feels right now!:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Click on his sig. He explains it well. Each game is weighed in home v away and top 8 v the rest and the expected points compared to the actual points gained.

If you are in positive points then you have done better than expected to reach CL target of 76 points.

Goodnight all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

After the 4-1 win against Utd back in 2009 this was the incredible run we went on.

Liverpool5 - 0Aston Villa
    4 Apr, 17:30 Fulham0 - 1Liverpool
    11 Apr, 12:45 Liverpool4 - 0Blackburn Rovers
    21 Apr, 20:00 Liverpool4 - 4Arsenal
    25 Apr, 15:00 Hull City1 - 3Liverpool
    3 May, 13:30 Liverpool3 - 0Newcastle United
    9 May, 17:30 West Ham United0 - 3Liverpool
    17 May, 13:30 West Bromwich Albion0 - 2Liverpool
    24 May, 16:00 Liverpool3 - 1Tottenham Hotspur

Its amazing that we didn't actually win the league:mad: this was down to a collective number of draws against the likes of WHam, Everton, Wigan and Stoke in November, December and January.

If we could do something similar in our remaining fixtures and make sure we're not beaten in the Chelsea and City games, we could really be champions. Crazy stuff

I my earlier post, I wasn't employing that we played poorly, it was more pointing out how easy we had it.

Any ways happy Paddy's Day
    1nt73jwnesgwwn7v5kvcg4jrg_1a3ueso38u.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I genuinely believe teams are scared ****less of LFC at the moment.

Chelsea and Man City to come to down. Do I fear them. Do I fukc.

Believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Vicxas wrote: »
    Being a Liverpool fan will give you a heart attack.....

Of Happy :)

Think that joke needs a bit more work mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Think that joke needs a bit more work mate.

Ah jaysus you're not wrong, rush of adrenaline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Happy Our Day in Our Year!
    article-2294179-18B2C137000005DC-828_634x416.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Oh holy god. ><

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Something I notice about Liverpool and particularly Suarez is that the players never make the obvious runs. For instance, if a ball is played out to the wing close to the by line, you generally expect all players to make a run to the 6 yard box.

But either Suarez or Sturridge always move the other way to give the option of a backwards pass and to build it from outside the box again.

It means we retain possession and create all kinds of problems, hence 5 penalty incidents yesterday, can't handle it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Top 4 virtualy certain.. give the boss a new contract.. 1st goal achieved ahead of schedule.

Do it quickly please JH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Post match presser , match replay and highlights

http://press.lfc.vn/rodgers-post-manutd-reaction-press-s14-w30/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'Everything is awesome...'

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

barone wrote: »
    Top 4 virtualy certain.. give the boss a new contract.. 1st goal achieved ahead of schedule.

Do it quickly please JH

And the fact it has barely been mentioned yesterday, shows just what a truly outstanding job Brendan is doing.

He has us believing we can win the league, CL qualification seems almost a second thought at the moment.

When spurs were beaten yesterday, we should have been celebrating. But instead were thinking, damn that's arsenal back in the title race!

Take a ****in bow Mr Rodgers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Gutted to have missed the game. Read something about gerrard sorting out fellaini early in the game...what was that about? Would love to watch the game now in full, will sky be showing it again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Gutted to have missed the game. Read something about gerrard sorting out fellaini early in the game...what was that about? Would love to watch the game now in full, will sky be showing it again?

Check out the press conference link

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'Everything is awesome...'

Thanks for that took me weeks to get that ear worm out only for you to put it back :(:)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Some nice stats for over breakfast..

"@OptaJoe: 5 - Steven Gerrard has now scored more PL goals at Old Trafford than any other visiting player in the competition's history. Nemesis."

"@OptaJoe: 25 - Luis Suarez is only the 2nd player to score 25 Premier League goals for Liverpool in a single season (after Fowler, twice). Milestone."

"@Squawka: Lucas Leiva completed more passes (18) after coming on as a sub in the 86th minute than the entire Man Utd side (16) managed. #LFC"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Agueroooo wrote: »

"@Squawka: Lucas Leiva completed more passes (18) after coming on as a sub in the 86th minute than the entire Man Utd side (16) managed. #LFC"

So Utd only completed 16 passes all game? :eek: ;)

• Advertisement

Henderson had the most passes as well.

Liverpool are actually pretty damn good, aren't we?

Needed to improve the away form, tick.

Needed to improve the defence, tick.

Title challenge, tick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Check out the press conference link

Sorry, not sure where that is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Thanks for that took me weeks to get that ear worm out only for you to put it back :(:)

Over 3 weeks it's been stuck in there man. It's extremely difficult to concentrate in work meetings with that on a loop in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ah Ha! Hangover.
    Lads is this really happening or is it just fantasy?
    Also was it a good idea to get the Liver bird tattooed onto my forehead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Does anyone else hide behind a curtain in the corner of a room when liverpool have a penalty or is it just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

aqt8R34.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

niallo27 wrote: »
    Does anyone else hide behind a curtain in the corner of a room when liverpool have a penalty or is it just me.

Ya. Toure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Gbear wrote: »

Are you joking?

Not if Gerrard is taking them. Not even sure who is second in command from the 12 yard spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

mike65 wrote: »
    Not if Gerrard is taking them. Not even sure who is second in command from the 12 yard spot.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/premiership-set-piece-takers/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Bi4MI0JIAAAckgy.jpg

What a season so far. Hoping for the same against Chelsea and City and to be honest the boys have absolutely nothing to fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Couldn't resist
    "Everything Is Awesome!!!"
    (feat. The Lonely Island)

Everything is awesome
    Everything is cool when you're part of a team
    Everything is awesome, when we're living our dream

Everything is better when we stick together
    Side by side, you and I gonna win forever, let's party forever
    We're the same, I'm like you, you're like me, we're all working in harmony

Everything is awesome

Couldn't resist
    "Everything Is Awesome!!!"
    (feat. The Lonely Island)

Everything is awesome

Everything is better when we stick together
    Side by side, you and I gonna win forever, let's party forever
    We're the same, I'm like you, you're like me, we're all working in harmony

Everything is awesome

FVCK OFF WITH THAT UNUTTERABLE SHOITE :mad:

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ya. Toure!

Surely it's Ko Toure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

A 352, 433, 4231 or a midfield diamond rodgers has us set up to play. We are spoilt to be honest. Most managers are very rigid regarding their formations, rodgers has a variety to chose from. Superb stuff, still cant get over yesterday.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement