Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Didn't I tell you lot two weeks or so ago that there was a smell of blood?

This is a title race not a top 4 chase.

And my throat is raw as hell today, great feeling :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That Lego song is purposely bad and everyone loves it. Joke's on everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

klose wrote: »
    A 352, 433, 4231 or a midfield diamond rodgers has us set up to play. We are spoilt to be honest. Most managers are very rigid regarding their formations, rodgers has a variety to chose from. Superb stuff, still cant get over yesterday.

What was impressive yesterday was how we switched formation a number of times during the game. You could see the changes in positioning taking place, and it looked smooth as hell.

Allen and Sterling in particular were brilliant at it as those two seemed to be the two that were the most noticeable when doing so. And whilst no player played in a manner that was less than very good, those two were right little warriors yesterday. Really getting stuck into any player that came into their zones. Was like watching the backline zonal marking that Rafa loved being deployed in the middle third.

26 points from the last 30

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Grayditch wrote: »
    That Lego song is purposely bad and everyone loves it. Joke's on everyone!

What do you mean,bad? It's AWESOME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I like Tegan and Sara. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah Ha! Hangover.
    Lads is this really happening or is it just fantasy?
    Also was it a good idea to get the Liver bird tattooed onto my forehead?

Better ask the Salmon of Knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Since this is also a WWE thread :D

4SAepwW.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Just watching MOTD 2 again.

How strong and assured was Skrtel under pressure, starting off the move that lead to the first penalty!

If he could just sort out the jersey pulling he would be top notch. Massively improved lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ddg-save.gif

One of the saves of the season, but I love how Suarez just throws Phil Jones aside. Lets be fair, Jones is not a small man, and Suarez does it so damn easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just watching MOTD 2 again.

How strong and assured was Skrtel under pressure, starting off the move that lead to the first penalty!

If he could just sort out the jersey pulling he would be top notch. Massively improved lately.

just another beneficiary of Rodgers' coaching.

Sterling, Gerrard, Flanagan, Sturridge, Henderson, even Suarez have all markedly improved this season.

that is no coincidence.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I have it under good authority that Rodgers new contract is signed sealed and delivered.

4yrs and not to be announced til the season is over as to not distract from the remaining games.

I don't want to come across as some sort of a deliberate evasive ITK with no links etc. Its just with all the Barca links I was concerned and asked a question to a very good source on Twitter.

I got a DM back with the above and this guy is a best mate of a former LFC player. ..never does BS and always seems to go against crap rumours and always gets them right imo.

take what you want from it but personally im a lot more happier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

rarnes1 wrote: »
    26 points from the last 30

:-)

Its insane... the form we're in is mind blowing. I had told myself not to get carried away. With away games to Southampton and United coming up we'd defo drop points and the others would extend the gap.

The part that gets me is that I have real faith in us winning the games we should on paper win... Like next weekend against Cardiff. I mean obviously we could slip up but it's almost impossible to see us not scoring every game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I have it under good authority that Rodgers new contract is signed sealed and delivered.

4yrs and not to be announced til the season is over as to not distract from the remaining games.

I don't want to come across as some sort of a deliberate evasive ITK with no links etc. Its just with all the Barca links I was concerned and asked a question to a very good source on Twitter.

I got a DM back with the above and this guy is a best mate of a former LFC player. ..never does BS and always seems to go against crap rumours and always gets them right imo.

Wont be announced immediately, ITK thrown in, Twitter as a source, friend of a person close to the club.... one of those would make Billy skeptical, all of those in one post is almost taking the piss :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Knex. wrote: »

One of the saves of the season, but I love how Suarez just throws Phil Jones aside. Lets be fair, Jones is not a small man, and Suarez does it so damn easily.

Great to see Suarez acknowledge De Gea after that save, showed great sportsmanship. Then again it was better to see him stick one past De Gea five minutes later :D.

• Advertisement

Well hopefully it's true, but if it is why wouldn't they announce it now. I don't understand how confirming a new deal would distract or have an effect on what's happening on the pitch. Certainly no more that Man City or Barca links in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Did someone say that we had scouts watching this fella?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Wont be announced immediately, ITK thrown in, Twitter as a source, friend of a person close to the club.... one of those would make Billy skeptical, all of those in one post is almost taking the piss :pac:

I hear ya Billy but never claimed to be an ITK.

just putting it out there and we won't really know til its up on the offical site.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭luckyboy

Knex. wrote: »
    ddg-save.gif

It's probably been said already, but that would have been some goal. Very similar in ways to Gazza's effort v Scotland at Euro 96 ...

luckyboy wrote: »
    It's probably been said already, but that would have been some goal. Very similar in ways to Gazza's effort v Scotland at Euro 96 ...

And yet Suarez does this type of stuff regularly. He's not far off Messi and Ronaldo at this stage.

Simply incredible watching him over the last two seasons.

• Advertisement

Gerrard has really upped his game the last few months.

Thankfully Rodgers didnt drop him. Humble pie served all around in here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well. While travelling home this morning I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the match thread and this thread. The biggest treat is yet to come but I'll save that for when I get in the door and have the tea made.

What I most liked about yesterday was our physicality. We got the better of the big exchanges in the first half and our energy in pressing was a joy all throughout. We stole so much possession in their half all game. Dare I say we've looked well coached in terms of pressing recently. Serious improvement achieved in that area compared to last year.

Ultimately, we should have scalped them probably. We were incredibly wasteful and inefficient going forward. Countless times in the second half we had three on three situations and squandered them through the wrong decision or a poor touch, etc. We spent 90mins in second gear at Old Trafford, won 3 - 0, and should be somewhat disappointed it wasn't more. That is obviously a damning indictment of Moyesball. I thought Rooney and Rafael, while both making errors obv, were the only players they had who played with passion. It was too easy really, not that I'm complaining!! The Moyes banner was too perfect.

People don't like this stuff, but Gerrard's clearout of Fellaini said it all. He didn't deliberately go to hurt him of course, but it was an indication of how much sharper and aggressive we were.

9 Cup finals remain. One time and all of that.

There's no way that could be kept under wraps until the end of the season. If 1 person knows it then so does others...it would have to leak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well. While travelling home this morning I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the match thread and this thread. The biggest treat is yet to come but I'll save that for when I get in the door and have the tea made.

What I most liked about yesterday was our physicality. We got the better of the big exchanges in the first half and our energy in pressing was a joy all throughout. We stole so much possession in their half all game. Dare I say we've looked well coached in terms of pressing recently. Serious improvement achieved in that area compared to last year.

Ultimately, we should have scalped them probably. We were incredibly wasteful and inefficient going forward. Countless times in the second half we had three on three situations and squandered them through the wrong decision or a poor touch, etc. We spent 90mins in second gear at Old Trafford, won 3 - 0, and should be somewhat disappointed it wasn't more. That is obviously a damning indictment of Moyesball. I thought Rooney and Rafael, while both making errors obv, were the only players they had who played with passion. It was too easy really, not that I'm complaining!! The Moyes banner was too perfect.

People don't like this stuff, but Gerrard's clearout of Fellaini said it all. He didn't deliberately go to hurt him of course, but it was an indication of how much sharper and aggressive we were.

Can't beat a cup of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Tbh was hoping for something more along the lines of your "sound of tables turning" post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

5live wrote: »
    Shouldn't United have lost more ground, if I'm understanding the methodology correctly? Like if we gain on our target, shouldn't they lose more on theirs?

Excellent idea though and thanks for putting it together.

Yes you are right :o. Cheers for pulling me up on that. United down to -9.5

Morzadec wrote: »

Just keeps getting better and better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Liverpool's remaining games
    22 March: Cardiff (away)

26 March: Sunderland (home)

30 March: Tottenham (home)

6 April: West Ham (away)

13 April: Man City (home)

20 April: Norwich (away)

27 April: Chelsea (home)

3 May: Crystal Palace (away)

10 May: Newcastle (home)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Agression, fight and hunger - we had bags of it, United had none. Liverpool were first to everything, we would have been a match for any team yesterday never mind a hapless united team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ah jaysus you're not wrong, rush of adrenaline.

Ha ha!! Was only messin with ya!!
    Great day yesterday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Morzadec wrote: »
    No problem. Well, only one problem...I dont remember making that post:o.

Dont mix beer and wine. And brandy. And Baileys. And there may have been a small glass of sherry too.

I'm off for a lie down again:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

5live wrote: »

Dont mix beer and wine. And brandy. And Baileys. And there may have been a small glass of sherry too.

Sounds like Alan Partridge's "Ladyboys" mix.

79321454ladyboys.jpg

He makes some valid points there...

I'm also rather impressed at his ability to rant without swearing a single time. No way could I manage that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

What a Performance,

What a result,

Nothing else really to be said that has not been said already..

......well maybe

8c6p.jpg

A great big extra Happy Paddy's day :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

On 43 now after the game yesterday. Imagine if Suarez or Sturridge took penalties like he was at Ajax and for the national team, even if his conversion rate was around 75% for us, he'd be on 30 goals already.. and that's not forgetting the games he missed through suspension earlier in the season as well. Scary good.

Bitiv73CMAEwA_u.png

edit -
    OptaJoe @OptaJoe 29s
    43 - With 76 goals, Liverpool have already scored more than 43 previous English top-flight champions had at the end of the season. Blitz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

niallo27 wrote: »
    Does anyone else hide behind a curtain in the corner of a room when liverpool have a penalty or is it just me.

si1Gsril.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Just in case anyone has missed it, and wants to bathe in the glory of yesterday just for a while longer.. Maradona punches the air in United's directors box as Gerrard punches home the first pen :cool:

This weekend could not get better, except for possibly bagging a Yankee cheer-leader tonight :pac:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26605457

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

garra wrote: »

From that article

"In the entire Premier League era, Liverpool had never gone into the second league meeting of the season ahead of United"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

garra wrote: »
    Just in case anyone has missed it, and wants to bathe in the glory of yesterday just for a while longer.. Maradona punches the air in United's directors box as Gerrard punches home the first pen :cool:

This weekend could not get better, except for possibly bagging a Yankee cheer-leader tonight :pac:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26605457

Maradona looked like "A well dressed pirate":)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Gerrard has really upped his game the last few months.

Thankfully Rodgers didnt drop him. Humble pie served all around in here!

Yep.

I've been very critical of Gerrard this season for upping his game against the bigger teams this season and coasting along against the smaller sides. He proved me wrong yesterday with a really strong performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Yep.

I've been very critical of Gerrard this season for upping his game against the bigger teams this season and coasting along against the smaller sides. He proved me wrong yesterday with a really strong performance.
    Ouch:D

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Yep.

That's brilliantly petty!! :D

So Suarez and Skrtel had that celebration from the match practiced :pac:

nibi.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Bobbins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Supposedly Shaqiri has hinted that he be interested in a move to Liverpool.

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1752467&src=desktop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Charlie19 wrote: »

Oh right, now he's interested :rolleyes: Just you watch - that bloody Diego Costa will be making approving noises and Henrikh Mkhitaryan with Dortmunds ship sinking.

**** 'em **** 'em all! :p

Charlie19 wrote: »

He would be a great edition to the squad, IF BR could get him.

Very positive reports around.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bayern-winger-xherdan-shaqiri-flattered-by-liverpools-rumoured-interest-1440545

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Apparently the Dnipro president has been mouthing off again saying he'd prefer to sell Konoplyanka to Spurs than Liverpool.
    Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk president Ihor Kolomoyskyi claims he is contact with Tottenham over the possible summer transfer of Yehven Konoplyanka and believes the player could sign a contract with the north Londoners soon.

Winger Konoplyanka was a January target for Liverpool, with chief executive Ian Ayre even flying out to Ukraine in an attempt to seal the deal on transfer deadline day.

And Kolomoyski claims he would rather sell Konoplyanka to Spurs – as London life is “preferable to Liverpool.”

"I have contact with the Tottenham president. I am talking with him,” Kolomoysky told Ukrainian TV channel '2+2' .

“He is interested in Konoplyanka. We are in the stage of negotiations and are perhaps close to signing a contract if Yehven agrees.

"I would choose Tottenham - London - not Liverpool. There are matches only once or twice a week, and at other times he will still need somewhere to live. I believe London life is preferable to Liverpool . "

Konoplyanka scored against Spurs in Dnipro's 1-0 victory in the Europa League earlier in the season

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement