Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mike65 wrote: »
    Oh right, now he's interested :rolleyes: Just you watch - that bloody Diego Costa will be making approving noises and Henrikh Mkhitaryan with Dortmunds ship sinking.

**** 'em **** 'em all! :p
    Mkhitaryan was all over the place last week that he was open to coming to Liverpool in the future.

Mkhitaryan

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

The latest edition of Red Issue claims that club legend Ryan Giggs recently skipped a coaches’ meeting, later telling Phil Neville it was “pointless, as Moyes doesn’t listen”.

United Midfielder Michael Carrick is also reportedly unhappy after his wife Lisa told close friends that Michael comes home dejected most evenings after being forced to spend hours watching videos of Leon Osman. .

And the fanzine also claims that Rio Ferdinand has fallen out with Moyes after growing tired of being asked to emulate the efforts of Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka.

The reports claim:

“Moyes did not like being asked ‘how does what Jagielka would do have anything to do with how United do things?’”

This article is doing the rounds on twitter,United are actually worse than we were under Hodgson.

For added fun i added my own line into the article,Can anyone spot which line is completly made up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Apparently the Dnipro president has been mouthing off again saying he'd prefer to sell Konoplyanka to Spurs than Liverpool.

They can have him. We can do better.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Yurt wrote: »
    This article is doing the rounds on twitter,United are actually worse than we were under Hodgson.

For added fun i added my own line into the article,Can anyone spot which line is completly made up.

United Midfielder Michael Carrick is also reportedly unhappy after his wife Lisa told close friends that Michael comes home dejected most evenings after being forced to spend hours watching videos of Leon Osman. .??

I don't think they realized that line was a joke when i posted it over on the united thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I don't think they realized that line was a joke when i posted it over on the united thread :pac:

Its so bad over there that I almost feel sorry for them.

Then I remember their delight at our problems up to christmas last year and it dies painlessly.

What goes around comes around.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

They can have him. We can do better.

Such as?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

5live wrote: »

Then I remember their delight at our problems up to christmas last year and it dies painlessly.

Its full blown cannibalism over there the last 24 hours!

IF you would have put "United Midfielder Michael Carrick is also reportedly unhappy after his wife Lisa told close friends that Michael comes home dejected most evenings after being forced to spend hours watching videos of Joey Barton and then told his future lies in the championship"

I would have believed it :pac:

They actually believe it :pac:

I wonder would it be possible to get loads to believe it,anyone good at twitter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There are different types of United fans, of course. I hope the ones that layed it on thick over the years are feeling the burn. The sound ones will be caught in the crossfire, but that's the way.

This may only last a few more months, so I'm enjoying it. I'm not entirely sure I'd enjoy a United slide into mediocrity for decades or anything, and that's not gonna happen.

Stevie out on the razz last night enjoying himself........I never :)

s7g4.jpg

I just hope the DJ played Stevie's favourite tunes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Stevie out on the razz last night enjoying himself........I never :)

s7g4.jpg

I just hope the DJ played Stevie's favourite tunes :D

Crouch gets younger looking every time I see him.

5live wrote: »

Exactly.

I could be wrong, but I imagine the average age of poster in the soccer forum is between 20-25. Just a gut feeling. They've been spoiled rotten over the majority of their lives and some fail to realise it too, so I have zero sympathy for them lot, especially when they think what they're going through is bringing their club to it's knees after a single... just one(!) bad season. I'm particularly enjoying all the Woy defenders turn into Moyes haters not long into this season, let alone at this stage. As you said, what goes around... most certainly comes around, but one year isn't enough. Fingers crossed Moyes is given at least another few months at the very, very least.

On a related note, classy this -

c310138a930fa8ebbf626e649e910cdf.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Exactly.

I could be wrong, but I imagine the average age of poster in the soccer forum is between 20-25. Just a gut feeling. They've been spoiled rotten over the majority of their lives and some fail to realise it too, so I have zero sympathy for them lot, especially when they think what they're going through is bringing their club to it's knees after a single... just one(!) bad season. I'm particularly enjoying all the Woy defenders turn into Moyes haters not long into this season, let alone at this stage. As you said, what goes around... most certainly comes around, but one year isn't enough. Fingers crossed Moyes is given at least another few months at the very, very least.

That's the one thing I always remember from the hodgson days. How so many of the opposing fans mainly utd backed hodgson to the last, blamed Rafa for leaving him a crap squad. They wouldn't hear a word against him.

niallo27 wrote: »
    That's the one thing I always remember from the hodgson days. How so many of the opposing fans mainly utd backed hodgson to the last, blamed Rafa for leaving him a crap squad. They wouldn't hear a word against him.

Is Woy staying on as England coach post-World Cup 2014? Can't remember the length of his contract. If Moyes gets the sacked, they could hire no better man to take the reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Roy would probably do better with that squad in fairness.

The EVERTON manager gets the MAN U job and makes a bags of it. Sorry, but it's poetry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Is Woy staying on as England coach post-World Cup 2014? Can't remember the length of his contract. If Moyes gets the sacked, they could hire no better man to take the reigns.

Konchesky to sort out the left back problem area and Poulson to put a bit of steel in midfield, the team could be sorted for the next five years.;)

mav79 wrote: »
    Konchesky to sort out the left back problem area and Poulson to put a bit of steel in midfield, the team could be sorted for the next five years.;)

.......In the championship?

OK we all agree :D

• Advertisement

Lads do me a favour if you're on twitter will you put up them Carrick quotes i've already got a United Fanzine telling me that the Carrick quotes ARE true.

How could they be true I made them up :pac: Help me keep the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Exactly.

I've already got a yellow card today so I will try bite my tongue with this but I hope someone has reported this fool and he is dealt with correctly, but we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Where can I put a bet on for manager of the season? Thought I saw it on Paddy's but can't find it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

billy2012 wrote: »
    Where can I put a bet on for manager of the season? Thought I saw it on Paddy's but can't find it now.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/lma-manager-of-the-year

11/4 Rodgers does seem quite generous. Do they usually give it to the manager that wins the league? I mean even if Chelsea or City win the league, I think us finishing in the top three would be a bigger achievement.

Opr

Betvic, they have a market for LMA manager of the year,

BR 2/1

Pellingrini 11/4

Mourinho 7/2

Wenger 10/1

Moyes 250/1 :D

opr wrote: »
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/lma-manager-of-the-year

11/4 Rodgers does seem quite generous. Do they usually give it to the manager that wins the league? I mean even if Chelsea or City win the league, I think us finishing in the top three would be a bigger achievement.

Opr

Cheers.

He was 9/2 the other day, think Mourinho is the only danger and that's only if they win the league. Even if they do win it, Rodgers has to still have a very good chance.

• Advertisement

Lads do me a favour if you're on twitter will you put up them Carrick quotes i've already got a United Fanzine telling me that the Carrick quotes ARE true.

How could they be true I made them up :pac: Help me keep the ball rolling.

No :P

In short, whoever wins the league will win it really. Only slight chance of this not happening is Liverpool finish runners up by the narrowest of margins, Rodgers might win it then.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Hopefully Kess has a word.

I really can't understand some people.
    No matter how frustrated I was over the years with Utd I could never imagine using a tragedy to 'get one up' on anyone.

In short, whoever wins the league will win it really. Only slight chance of this not happening is Liverpool finish runners up by the narrowest of margins, Rodgers might win it then.

Not true.

Pardew won it in 2012 with Newcastle.

Hodgson (yes him) won it in 2010 with Fulham.

Steve Coppell won it and he was in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I think George Burley won it one year when Ipswich finished 5th.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    I think George Burley won it one year when Ipswich finished 5th.

Moyes should win it so.

For keeping Man U clear of relegation :)

No :P

Yes..Someone with 8000 followers just tweeted it haha

Not true.

Pardew won it in 2012 with Newcastle.

Hodgson (yes him) won it in 2010 with Fulham.

Steve Coppell won it and he was in the Championship.

Then year is very different though, there are 4 teams still very much in contention for the title.

Sure, if we go by past years, Pulis at 16s with BV is worth a punt.

Then year is very different though, there are 4 teams still very much in contention for the title.

Sure, if we go by past years, Pulis at 16s with BV is worth a punt.

Think BR is a shoe in for the award myself,

Mourinho or Pellegrini are both expected to win the league anyway.

Wenger is the good bet, but Arsenal will sure fall apart next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Yeah I would have thought the award will go to the manager whose achievement is seen as the most outstanding. No matter what happens I don't think anyone will run away with the league so Rodgers taking a team that from seventh to top three would surely be the one you would pick. I also think the angle of him being seen as this young upcoming British manager will be something that the premier league will be keen to promote over other options. (The recipient is chosen by a panel assembled by the league's sponsor (currently Barclays) and is announced in the second or third week of May).

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Flanagan along with Gerrard and Suarez makes the ESPN team of the week.

I have to admit he was lucky to stay on the pitch yesterday but the lad was a warrior for the team from start to finish.

ESPN team of the week

“He's 21 physically, and 30 mentally.” High praise from Marcotti in the direction of Liverpool’s Jon Flanagan. According to Gab, the youngster “gobbled up Juan Mata, Robin van Persie, Adnan Januzaj and whoever had the temerity to cross his path,” and managed to maraud forward with intelligence -- a part of his game Mariner was particularly impressed with; our pundit calling his attacking involvements those akin to a “veteran” full-back. Managing to keep his enthusiasm in check after a series of early challenges, Flanagan’s flank remained watertight all afternoon long.

Yeah I would have thought the award will go to the manager whose achievement is seen as the most outstanding. No matter what happens I don't think anyone will run away with the league so Rodgers taking a team that from seventh to top three would surely be the one you would pick. I also think the angle of him being seen as this young upcoming British manager will be something that the premier league will be keen to promote over other options. (The recipient is chosen by a panel assembled by the league's sponsor (currently Barclays) and is announced in the second or third week of May).

Opr

My thought exactly.

Do you know who actually gets to vote?

My thought exactly.

Do you know who actually gets to vote?

The award is voted by LMA members, including all managers from the four professional leagues in England.

The award is voted by LMA members, including all managers from the four professional leagues in England.

I think most in the know would appreciate what Rodger's is doing at Liverpool. Taking everything into consideration I can't see him not getting it, shall have a little bet on him tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Exactly.

I would generally not judge anyone on what they post in the soccer forum, but that guy comes across as a clown in any forum I have seen him post in.

As for feeling sorry for 'them'...not a f*cking chance. We endured their sh*te through Hodgson, listened to them try and run down Kenny and what he did when he came back to the club, and belittle 'The Rodgers' so I am revelling in everything that's happening to them now....and even more so in the fact that the posters who once had opinions on everything Liverpool related are nowhere to be seen...it's f*cking glorious.. And long may it last.

Do they have two different ones? It says here it's chosen by a panel assembled by the league's sponsor (currently Barclays) ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_Manager_of_the_Season

Opr

Ah they do - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_Managers_Association_Awards#LMA_Manager_of_the_Year

That looks even better for Rodgers chances as the winner is usually the outstanding manager rather than just the one that wins the league.

Opr

Do they have two different ones? It says here it's chosen by a panel assembled by the league's sponsor (currently Barclays) ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_Manager_of_the_Season

Opr

Looks like two so.

One by LMA and one by Sponsors.

Henderson unlucky to miss out on TOTW ^
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    I would generally not judge anyone on what they post in the soccer forum, but that guy comes across as a clown in any forum I have seen him post in.

As for feeling sorry for 'them'...not a f*cking chance. We endured their sh*te through Hodgson, listened to them try and run down Kenny and what he did when he came back to the club, and belittle 'The Rodgers' so I am revelling in everything that's happening to them now....and even more so in the fact that the posters who once had opinions on everything Liverpool related are nowhere to be seen...it's f*cking glorious.. And long may it last.

Speaking of 'The Rodgers', what with the date yesterday being March 16th and the wrasslin' theme of this thread, I'm surprised no one had prepared an Austin 3:16, King of the Ring 96 style post in light of our victory. Disappointing and a chance missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Looks like two so.

One by LMA and one by Sponsors.
    Three actually.

The Manchester United Manager of the year.

Moyes is running a close second atm.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Turtyturd wrote: »

It's a nice life lesson for the youngsters that nothing is forever. Celebrate the good times and get through the bad. In the rough times you really get a look at people's personalities, maybe those who are solid Utd fans and have the rare gift of a bit of perspective, for many others it is refreshing to see them struggle with the recent realisation that United are not invincible.

Fergie was the club, his exceptional personality got so much more out of players than they knew they could give. Even with a new man in they have burdened themselves with Rooney, got an ageing RVP and practically no midfield or defense to speak of. Not only is Moyes not up to it (as per Hodgson) he inherited an ageing squad in need of a major overhaul (as per Hodgson).

Right now, as of this season I can't think of a single player United have that I´d take over one of ours. De Gea? Not convinced although Ming has had his problems. RVP at his age...I'd keep Sturridge, Rooney? I honestly would rather have Sterling given his age and wage demands. They have nothing in mf, literally nothing to envy and across the back 4 nothing either. Possibly Rafael or Evans, but it's touch and go for me.

Cant remember the last time even 3 of 4 of ours would get into their side. I honestly don't think it's all Moyes...RVPs age and motivation are a big factor, he won that league for them last year. Rio and Vidic being fit and mobile and one of the leagues best pairings seems to have blown up in an incredibly short time..fitness and form gone. Big signings needed in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Id take De Gea and Mata. That'd be aboot it.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Id take De Gea and Mata. That'd be aboot it.

For back up i hope .?

• Advertisement

As much as I'm happy we have Coutinho, Mata or Shinji in this Liverpool set up would be ridiculously unfair for other teams.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement