Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

By the by, easy to forget Padelli at Torino was once a Liverpool player. Been excellent vs Napoli so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    As much as I'm happy we have Coutinho, Mata or Shinji in this Liverpool set up would be ridiculously unfair for other teams.

Not sure about Kawa, He was great for Dortmunt and before that, but i can honestly say, i seen he good in about no more than two United games.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

OK who is going to open a book on what is the contents of Lloyds upcoming promised post.

Im going with 'fűck me I apologise. I was truly wrong about Brendan Rodgers' ..currently @ 7/2

Or

'This sticky black tar of hate I have for Utd has almost become orgasmic to consume'..currently @ 13/8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I like that we are being linked to attacking players with pace.

But what I really want to see is use being linked to a few defenders at least one CB anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

jamaamaj wrote: »
    For back up i hope .?

A different argument for a different time. Suffice to say, 2 absolute quality players currently wasting away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I like that we are being linked to attacking players with pace.

But what I really want to see is use being linked to a few defenders at least one CB anyway.

Defenders? Nah thats boring, Rodgers is going for the patented 0-4-4-2 system next year.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

rob316 wrote: »
    Defenders? Nah thats boring, Rodgers is going for the patented 0-4-4-2 system next year.:pac:

Fair enough no defenders but I would want a goalkeeper ;)

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    As much as I'm happy we have Coutinho, Mata or Shinji in this Liverpool set up would be ridiculously unfair for other teams.

Mata in a heartbeat, but Kagawa has been so underwhelming for united. Saying that Rodgers would know how to use him correctly, Ferguson and now moyes didnt/dont have a clue.

Not sure about Kawa, He was great for Dortmunt and before that, but i can honestly say, i seen he good in about no more than two United games.

He was the focal point of the Dortmund team.

He's been shunted out wide far too much due to the signing of Van Persie, and Rooney and him (RVP) take up similar positions to Shinji at various times in any given game. Throw in Mata now this season which is a signing that positionally, was not needed at all given the players there and Moyes footballing ways, both style and preferred formation, he's doomed. I warned in the United thread about not playing him out there the moment he signed for them as I've seen similar for the Japanese national team in the past, something that's irked me big time.

Kagawa is as talented as Mata, Silva and Ozil for me. I'm confident he could have produced more for Arsenal in place of Ozil and certainly Coutinho for us, either clubs he'd thrive in.

Goalkeeper obviously otherwise that formation would be pure madness:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Doni...best of both worlds, both keeper and winger in a superb package.

Edit. Fly-keeper! You heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Some players need to be played in their best position, and with a style of play that suits them. I don't think Kagawa has had either.

I think Rodgers would get bucket loads more out of him than Moyes ever will.

Other players just never adapt properly to new leagues. Haven't watched united enough to know for sure about Kagawa on that note though.

One of the best traits I've seen from Rodgers so far is knowing what his players are capable of, and if they'll fit in with his philosophy.
    Square pegs, round holes.

Watching the match again.It gets better each time:-)

Wouldn't it be mad to draw Inter in the CL, if we get there, with Vidic at CB.

What i can see from this thread is a lot of great talk about Brendan Rodgers,

We can truly say that he has taken us close to were we dream.

I am loving this ride this season,

Long may it last,

Take a bow Mr Brendan Rodgers :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

5live wrote: »

Are Inter definitely going to sign him? Jesus. They could do better.

Documentary on LFCtv at 8.30 on the legendary irish keeper, Elisha Scott, if you are into a bit of nostalgia.

Augmerson wrote: »

I think he has announced he is joining them a few weeks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

The thing that Rodgers seem to require first and foremost off all the players is the work rate off the ball. It was criminal the lack of tracking back Januzaj/Mata did for United. Now how much of that is down to them not working hard enough for Moyes or just the managers tactical plan is just bad I'm not sure but Mourinho obviously has a similar ethos to Rodgers when it comes to work without the ball and he ended up shifting Mata on.

I think Mata is a wonderful player but unless you're going to set the team up to get the team playing through him without so much defensive responsibility then I'm not sure how much use he would be to us. Our star player (Suarez) works as hard as anyone in the league without the ball hence why we're turning over so many teams. I'm much more comfortable with the team being king.

Opr

Augmerson wrote: »

Vidic signed done deal to Inter Milan.

This might sound crazy considering how many we have scored but I really think we need to improve our goal difference, city are 3 ahead with 2 games less played. This title race is so tight,so its not beyond the realms to think it could be decided on goal difference. To loose the title on goal difference would absolutely suck.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    This might sound crazy considering how many we have scored but I really think we need to improve our goal difference, city are 3 ahead with 2 games less played. This title race is so tight,so its not beyond the realms to think it could be decided on goal difference. To loose the title on goal difference would absolutely suck.

We Beat Man City,(IF) Chelsea(IF) at Anfield and it will not go down to goal difference.

It's in our hands.

But saying that, we have scored 76 goals in 29 games

How awesowe is that? I know Chelsea scored over 100 one season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

We Beat Man City,(IF) Chelsea(IF) at Anfield and it will not go down to goal difference.

It's in our hands.

But saying that, we have scored 76 goals in 29 games

How awesowe is that? I know Chelsea scored over 100 one season

Would be amazing to hit the 100 goals that some joked about at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

EminentExemplaryBanteng.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

5live wrote: »

Also providing Inter get there! Currently 5th in Seria A, battling for 4th. Currently 11 points of Napoli in 3rd.
    Not sure if there are 3 or 4 Italian clubs in next years Champs league?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mickalus wrote: »
    Also providing Inter get there! Currently 5th in Seria A, battling for 4th. Currently 11 points of Napoli in 3rd.

Only 3. 3rd gets in the qualifiers.

Mickalus wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Only five players in the Premier League have completed more successful passes than the 1351 Jordan Henderson has achieved this season. Of those five, none have made more key passes than the Liverpool man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

My bloody head, I woke up to a half drunk bottle of rum and a text I sent to a female that read like Homer's drunken love letter to Marge. For fack Liva, I'm not used to this kind of success. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

billy2012 wrote: »

I refuse to believe that, Ramsey has completed twice as many, scored a million more goals and covered more ground than Henderson has while running backwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I refuse to believe that, Ramsey has completed twice as many, scored a million more goals and covered more ground than Henderson has while running backwards.

and been out for 2 months too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

opr wrote: »
    The thing that Rodgers seem to require first and foremost off all the players is the work rate off the ball. It was criminal the lack of tracking back Januzaj/Mata did for United. Now how much of that is down to them not working hard enough for Moyes or just the managers tactical plan is just bad I'm not sure but Mourinho obviously has a similar ethos to Rodgers when it comes to work without the ball and he ended up shifting Mata on.

I think Mata is a wonderful player but unless you're going to set the team up to get the team playing through him without so much defensive responsibility then I'm not sure how much use he would be to us. Our star player (Suarez) works as hard as anyone in the league without the ball hence why we're turning over so many teams. I'm much more comfortable with the team being king.

Opr

Mata covered more ground than every other United player on the pitch yesterday, and more than every other player on the pitch from both teams bar Joe Allen.

and his tracking back was no less than Liverpool's wide players, Januzaj didn't bother though and needs to work a lot harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Henderson has really really come on this season, especially for someone who can't run. Fair play to him, I very much admire him as there was a chance he'd end up binned like Adam, Downing and Carroll but he's worked so hard and developed into a very good young midfielder. He must be in the England squad for the WC too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone putting a Tenner on utd to win the CL just in case the impossible happens. 50/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mata covered more ground than every other United player on the pitch yesterday, and more than every other player on the pitch from both teams bar Joe Allen.

and his tracking back was no less than Liverpool's wide players, Januzaj didn't bother though and needs to work a lot harder.

The distance covered stat is all well and good, but if your running around aimlessly doing **** all its a pointless stat isn't it?

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Henderson has really really come on this season, especially for someone who can't run. Fair play to him, I very much admire him as there was a chance he'd end up binned like Adam, Downing and Carroll but he's worked so hard and developed into a very good young midfielder. He must be in the England squad for the WC too.

He must be in the team if you ask me.

• Advertisement

May have been posted already. The Times football podcast was Liverpool centric this week. You can find both parts below.

https://soundcloud.com/the-game-podcast

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone putting a Tenner on utd to win the CL just in case the impossible happens. 50/1

Not under Moyes. If they got a decent Manager any thing could happen, i dont think they will make it through the next round with Moyes being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

anyone got a link to motd highlights?

You're kidding right? Liverpool played a diamond with Allen/Henderson on either side. They were essentially free players for most of the match as neither were tracked inside by Mata or Januzai. Almost all of the tactical breakdowns of the games I've read pointed to this as a key area that Liverpool exploited.

You can click the link in the below article to see a more detailed tactical breakdown by zonal marking.
    Zonal Marking covered this well in his match analysis. At times with Liverpool in possession, Henderson and Allen were basically free players, with neither Mata nor Januzaj particularly interested in tracking back, and neither Fellaini nor Carrick particularly comfortable leaving the middle of the pitch, especially considering the damage that Suarez, Sturridge, and Sterling can cause if given space in that area.

http://ohyoubeauty.blogspot.ie/

Opr

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not under Moyes. If they got a decent Manager any thing could happen, i dont think they will make it through the next round with Moyes being honest.

Oh I know but you know just in case. What's a Tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

anyone got a link to motd highlights?

Posted on the last page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

yes but Mata is slow so it isnt that effective as he can't stay with anyone that has pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

MD1990 wrote: »
    yes but Mata is slow so it isnt that effective as he can't stay with anyone that has pace
    NukaCola wrote: »
    The distance covered stat is all well and good, but if your running around aimlessly doing **** all its a pointless stat isn't it?

Here we go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Here we go :D

Most of them are in hiding...it wont escalate as much as it used to.

You're kidding right? Liverpool played a diamond with Allen/Henderson on either side. They were essentially free players for most of the match as neither were tracked inside by Mata or Januzai. Almost all of the tactical breakdowns of the games I've read pointed to this as a key area that Liverpool exploited.

You can click the link in the below article to see a more detailed tactical breakdown by zonal marking.

http://ohyoubeauty.blogspot.ie/

Opr

That zonal marking bases the argument on a map of Joe Allen receiving the ball maybe 25 times on the left side and mainly in his own half. I can muster up a similar map of Carrick receiving the ball 20 times in Liverpool's half but that doesn't mean Gerrard didn't track back.

Tracked him inside where? Allen only had 5 passes in United's half and they were 40 yards from goal over the left side and only one of them was over 4 yards.

What I remember from watching the game was Mata getting back, maybe not Valencia-eque but it wasn't a notable problem, Januzaj on the other hand could have done a lot more. Moyes moved Rooney out wide and put Mata centrally later in the game and Henderson got a lot more involved in the attack then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

That zonal marking bases the argument on a map of Joe Allen receiving the ball maybe 25 times on the left side and mainly in his own half. I can muster up a similar map of Carrick receiving the ball 20 times in Liverpool's half but that doesn't mean Gerrard didn't track back.

Tracked him inside where? Allen only had 5 passes in United's half and they were 40 yards from goal over the left side and only one of them was over 4 yards.

What I remember from watching the game was Mata getting back, maybe not Valencia-eque but it wasn't a notable problem, Januzaj on the other hand could have done a lot more. Moyes moved Rooney out wide and put Mata centrally later in the game and Henderson got a lot more involved in the attack then.

yea united should have won:D

Paulegend wrote: »
    yea united should have won:D

I wouldn't go that far, we should get a point for winning the crosses at least

I wouldn't go that far, we should get a point for winning the crosses at least

Rayne don't be ridiculous, sure we barely made it to the byline yesterday, there isn't even that to rejoice over!:pac:

So why do you think that you got completely dominated for the game and lost 3-0 if everything was working so well?

btw Mata had one successful tackle all game.

Opr

So why do you think that you got completely dominated for the game and lost 3-0 if everything was working so well?

Opr

Ah great, so you realise you were wrong.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement