Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looking forward to seeing mourinhos 19th century style football when chelski come to anfield

Tickets ,accommodation and transport all confirmed,cannot wait !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

NukaCola wrote: »
    No team has the right to anything they haven't earned. Big history or not. We are here because of a manager with a fantastic football outlook and a group of players who have responded magnificently to that.

If you believed the team were capable of this then thats great. I didn't. I expected a top 4 challenge and maybe getting CL at best but not this. This season has been dreamlike for me and i would bet i'm not alone in that.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter..........its gotten so good now we are discussing what kind of a season we are having, dreamlike or expected :pac: better than net spend any day.

Yeah look I kind of agree with you too. Im not saying I expected it but since we reached December in good shape im not surprised given that was 12 months of good solid form under our belt. What has shocked me is the Everton, Spurs, Arsenal and Utd results and the manner of them.

Turning point of the season was Mignolets penalty save :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not only is the video of Flanno class, but the song isn't pure eurodance poison!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

murpho999 wrote: »
    Hold your horses.....Cardiff, Sunderland, Tottenham, West Ham, Man City, Norwich first!

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

How come people call Brendan Rodgers 'The Rodgers' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Knex. wrote: »
    I'm still pissed thinking about that previous Chelsea game. Eto'o should have walked for his lunge on Henderson in the first few minutes, and then he gets away with bowling Suarez out of it in the box, too.

Actually, thought about this the other day. How many clear penalties has Suarez been denied this season? I can think of a few straight off. I know he has a reputation, and wins his fair share as is, but he could of had even more.

Guy is just phenomenal.

Also, just wait for Mourinho to stir up shit in the build up to the game.

Rodger's knows Mourinho better than most, I'm sure he knows how to deal with his bull****. (Imagine there will be plenty of it before the game, especially if were still right on their heels)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Can see Rodgers winning the mind games easily enough now. José pretended to stick up for referees after the Liverpool match. Since then his record hasn't been too good with referees. Rodgers may draw attention to this.

HooohRaaah wrote: »

Raise7.gif

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Flanno has to face some of the best attacking players in the PL everyday in training so no wonder his game has come on so much.

Also Firmino rumours aint going away.

Yes Please:

gafferino wrote: »
    Raise7.gif

Serious question

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Flanno has to face some of the best attacking players in the PL everyday in training so no wonder his game has come on so much.

Thats a really great point.

If Liverpool get to the final game needing a win to claim the title I can only imagine what You'll Never Walk Alone will be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

the rodgers - definition

verb

an action word/phrase

"to do the rodgers" = to be go from being a person somebody takes the piss out of, to being one of the greatest young up and coming managers who is coveted and acquisited by opposition fans

that is "the rodgers"

If Liverpool get to the final game needing a win to claim the title I can only imagine what You'll Never Walk Alone will be like.

I cant wait to hear the atmosphere at the Chelsea game. Gives me shivers thinking about the CL semi-final 05. Hopefully the crowd can replicate it - I think they will if we are in the same position we are in now.

Agueroooo wrote: »

wtf is up with the rest of our defence then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I'm still pissed thinking about that previous Chelsea game. Eto'o should have walked for his lunge on Henderson in the first few minutes, and then he gets away with bowling Suarez out of it in the box, too.

Actually, thought about this the other day. How many clear penalties has Suarez been denied this season? I can think of a few straight off. I know he has a reputation, and wins his fair share as is, but he could of had even more.

Guy is just phenomenal.

One thing strikes me about Suarez every game, the ammount of sh1te tackles, late tackles, over-the-ball tackles and generally over-physical challenges he gets every game.

To me, it looks like teams target him for punishment every week.

I am in awe of the man. That he hasn't missed a game through injury is a minor miracle.

Some man for one man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Paulegend wrote: »
    wtf is up with the rest of our defence then :D

We don't have a forward in the squad who can bully them day in and day out in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

5live wrote: »
    One thing strikes me about Suarez every game, the ammount of sh1te tackles, late tackles, over-the-ball tackles and generally over-physical challenges he gets every game.

I am in awe of the man. That he hasn't missed a game through injury is a minor miracle.

Some man for one man.

I am convinced he plays through injury, he absolutely hates to not play and hates even more to loose. Its his aggression I love, like the way he just threw Jones out of the way on Sunday, all he wanted was that goal.

Never have I seen a player of his ability combine it with such sheer determination, it makes for a very dangerous player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Steven Gerrard: Brendan Rodgers is 'best ever man-manager'

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard says boss Brendan Rodgers is the "best man-manager he has ever worked with".

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26625628

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We don't have a forward in the squad who can bully them day in and day out in training.

Time to re-sign Big Andy and use him exclusively as a training tool, or yer man Smith from Oldham might be a cheaper option

i see on redissue that a senior manU player ripped into Moyes after the match and called him "clueless" and the coaching staff "useless".

Trouble in paradise?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

5live wrote: »

Some man for one man.

It's really down to that he runs at, past players, gets close and is extremely unpredictable is why those challenges come his way.

Alot of attacking players will turn thier backs when they see a defender approaching, or will lay off the ball to run into another position for a return ball where they would have more space. Suarez just drives.

Neil Swarbrick is appointed ref for the Cardiff game.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Time to re-sign Big Andy and use him exclusively as a training tool, or yer man Smith from Oldham might be a cheaper option

Considering Carroll spent more time on the ground than Mignolet I will go with the other guy.

Why the hell are Arsenal as big as 12/1 for the title on Paddy Powers?

and as big as 18/1 for the double?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I see a few media outlets are linking Rodrigo and Ravel Morrison as being summer targets for us, and just spotted that Bakkali (really do think he could be a top talent under the right manager) has also been linked.

Kess73 wrote: »
    I see a few media outlets are linking Rodrigo and Ravel Morrison as being summer targets for us, and just spotted that Bakkali (really do think he could be a top talent under the right manager) has also been linked.

defo wouldn't mind Morrison and am record saying he is well worth the risk.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87771635&postcount=683

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ravel fuvking Morrison? No way Jose, not even for the potential comedy value of him scoring against Utd next season.

they where 20/1 for the league on saturday

i guess PP doesnt think they have the slightest hope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

17/18% chance of winning the title going on the stats guys that do those things!

As much as the Spurs, Everton, Arsenal and United results were massive and will be remembered for a long time, they were icing on the cake. Stoke and probably most importantly Fulham were the substance, massive results.

Cardiff next, after that we've 5 Home games left and 3 Away. Lots of things can still go our way as there's no pressure or expectations on us.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Poetry in motion.....

defo wouldn't mind Morrison and am record saying he is well worth the risk.

I think the guy is probably one of the most gifted young English players around, and I do think that Rodgers is the kind of manager that would bring out the best in that type of player.

But my issue would be the criminal element that Morrison was involved with. Getting away from hanging out with them daily was one of the main reasons for him moving down south. He moves to Liverpool and he is only 30 or so miles from them again.

Then again Sterling, under Rodgers, seemed to manage to lose his habit of being seen with local scrotes around Liverpool, so the same might work for Morrison.

In terms of footballing ability alone, I would have Morrison in a heartbeat. It is just all the other stuff that would be the issue. Then again if the price was low enough he could well be worth the gamble.

I see a few media outlets are linking Rodrigo and Ravel Morrison as being summer targets for us, and just spotted that Bakkali (really do think he could be a top talent under the right manager Rodgers) has also been linked.

FYP :p

Then again if the price was low enough he could well be worth the gamble.

all hinges on the above for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Those stats guys have them at 5/6% or something like that. Suppose it's the run in, Chelsea and Everton Away, City at Home. Not really seeing that much of a difference between us and them, but there you are.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not sure if this is the right forum, I've just caught one of my team in work watching man-on-man fetish p0rn.
    There were 22 dudes that I could count, 11 spanking the other 11. It was titled MANU V LIV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I cant wait to hear the atmosphere at the Chelsea game. Gives me shivers thinking about the CL semi-final 05. Hopefully the crowd can replicate it - I think they will if we are in the same position we are in now.

Atmosphere V Man City will be miles better i say

FYP :p

The thing is I do believe that Rodgers would be the right sort of manager to get the best out of a talent like Bakkali.

Bakkali is very much a rough diamond right now, but he seems to have so much potential and reminds me an awful lot of Shaqiri in terms of his style of play. He only turned 18 this year, so would be the sort of player I would use as Sterling's replacement from the bench for a season or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

0-3

happy days

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    0-3

happy days

What..... when?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Said I'd make this, as its sums up exactly my growing thoughts over the last few weeks.

47353763.jpg

Rodgers seems to have addressed our away day blues.
    Since Jan 1st in all competitions:

P7 W5 D1 L1

The loss was the cup defeat to Arsenal and the draw the 1-1 with West Brom (Toure backpass).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I love this pic :)

ixRCEK4l.jpg

Who wants to post it in the united thread :D:D

For all the grumpy Fergie pics I think there is part of him happy that the transition has had a few problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Steven Gerrard: Brendan Rodgers is 'best ever man-manager'

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard says boss Brendan Rodgers is the "best man-manager he has ever worked with".

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26625628
    To think some people thought he was no better than David Brent last year :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fancy a punt? Sturridge is 10s to be top scorer, if Suarez picks up a real injury in the next game (god forbid!) he could be overhauled by Daniel.

If you like a low risk bet he is 1.44 without Suarez market. With Aguero missing a game or two again and being 3 goals behind that looks a decent bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I assume Rodgers pre match speech went a little like this :P

To think some people thought he was no better than David Brent last year :eek:

And they would have had a point. He had shocking man management skills in the Downing/Carroll and Henderson situations last year, coupled with his media quotes it was the impression he gave off. Hopefully he was humbled a bit by Henderson turning things around.

He is improving, don't see any issue in people highlighting something that was valid at the time.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    And they would have had a point. He had shocking man management skills in the Downing/Carroll and Henderson situations last year, coupled with his media quotes it was the impression he gave off. Hopefully he was humbled a bit by Henderson turning things around.

He is improving, don't see any issue in people highlighting something that was valid at the time.

he is still saying the same kinda stuff. its just that its working this time so noone can take the piss out of him

the stuff he said about hendo last year and carroll and downing was correct. they needed to man up and step up. hendo did. same with sterling.

his man management skills are what makes him so good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement