Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Changes to 15 games after the second Sunday in April.

Really? Great, so he should survive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Agueroooo wrote: »
    If he is coming, or not, it is good to hear Liverpool being mentioned in the conversation about possible destinations for high calibre players, and I am guessing our current league position, and potential finishing spot may have something do with that :)

We are Liverpool, tra la la la.

Might as well throw the video up...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, I was just checking the FA site for suspensions as I knew it was something like that, so as long as he doesn't get 2 bookings in the next 5 games he'll be ok, but still has to be careful.

Is it Saturday yet? Games can't come quick enough these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Dickerty wrote: »
    Really? Great, so he should survive...

Well 8 bookings in 25 games so with 5 games to the amnesty it could go either way.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is it Saturday yet? Games can't come quick enough these days

3rd away game in a row on Saturday, then 2 home games in a row. I'm heading over to the Spurs game for my first game since the poor showing against Villa, and I can't wait. With games against 2 of the bottom 3 before then we really should be in great shape by then, and with Chelsea playing Arsenal and City away to Utd before the Spurs game we could crazily be top of the league then.

I take it a draw between Chelsea and Arsenal is the result we want? It's another of those ones where there are really no bad results for us though, and we'll all presumably be in the odd position of really wanting utd to win on Tuesday next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Shaqiri please!!!
    Quotes from is brother/advisor -

"Xherdan is 22. At this age, he needs to be playing regularly, which is not currently the case (at Bayern Munich).
    We are waiting now until summer. Then, when clubs make approaches such as Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan and other top clubs, we can listen to their offers.

So Liverpool and other top clubs are looking at Shaqiri.....plus Man Utd and Inter Milan :P

5starpool wrote: »
    3rd away game in a row on Saturday, then 2 home games in a row. I'm heading over to the Spurs game for my first game since the poor showing against Villa, and I can't wait. With games against 2 of the bottom 3 before then we really should be in great shape by then, and with Chelsea playing Arsenal and City away to Utd before the Spurs game we could crazily be top of the league then.

I take it a draw between Chelsea and Arsenal is the result we want? It's another of those ones where there are really no bad results for us though, and we'll all presumably be in the odd position of really wanting utd to win on Tuesday next week.

Nice one heading to the Spurs game. Couldn't get tickets for any more games. Spares for the City game go on sale this Friday though, will try for one. Really want one for the Newcastle game.

Draw please in the Chelsea Arsenal game.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

450698_1.jpg

Nice one heading to the Spurs game. Couldn't get tickets for any more games. Spares for the City game go on sale this Friday though, will try for one. Really want one for the Newcastle game.

Draw please in the Chelsea Arsenal game.

Ya, I'd love a ticket for the Newcastle game, but it'll be near impossible to get one at this point. It was sold out by the time I got in for the sale in November, and my tickets for Spurs are restricted view from the main stand. I do have a ticket for the Chelsea game as well. I hope we are still right in the mix then (obviously) as that would be epic.

• Advertisement

Ya, I'd love a ticket for the Newcastle game, but it'll be near impossible to get one at this point. It was sold out by the time I got in for the sale in November, and my tickets for Spurs are restricted view from the main stand. I do have a ticket for the Chelsea game as well. I hope we are still right in the mix then (obviously) as that would be epic.

I'm heading over ticket or not if we are in with a sniff come the last game.

win, lose or draw there is a lot to celebrate about this season and no better place to do it for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

win, lose or draw there is a lot to celebrate about this season and no better place to do it for the weekend.

Would love to do this myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

kfallon wrote: »
    So Liverpool and other top clubs are looking at Shaqiri.....plus Man Utd and Inter Milan :P

I couldn't see why any player like Shaqiri would want to go near Utd with Moyes at the helm and the way they are currently playing. Not unless they throw buckets of money at him. More likely us.

Had a "restricted view" main stand ticket for the Utd game in September.

Was near the halfway line, cracking view. The only restriction was those pillars but they block next to nothing

Morzadec wrote: »
    Agger is 29. How much would we get for him?

I do think Sahko will oust him for the starting spot on the left side eventually, but this season has shown just how important it is to have cover in key positions.

Keep Agger. Lets see who's better.

And Skrtel? The guy has been 50% solid, 40% immense and maybe 10% dodgy this season. I see no reason why he should not hold onto his RCB spot next season.

The full back positions are the ones we need to take a look at in defence imo. We have had a gaping hole on the left side all season, so we absolutely need to sign a player of quality to compete with a hopefully fit-again Enrique. Right back is harder to say what will happen. A call needs to be made on Johnson - I think he's a good right back, but could possibly be improved uopn and probably does not quite justify the reported wages he's on. If Rodgers is happy to keep him then Johnson/Flanagan on that side will probably do (Wisdom or Kelly as added backup), if not then we need a signing of high quality here also.

Agger and Skrtel are our best CB pairing tbh. I'm hoping they both stay fit for next 9 games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Our supporters club trip is the Chelsea game,if we are in the mix by then sweet Lord it could well be a trip of a lifetime.
    Win Lose or Draw that game if we get top four its a massive reason to celebrate in the city :)

Dcully wrote: »
    Our supporters club trip is the Chelsea game,if we are in the mix by then sweet Lord it could well be a trip of a lifetime.
    Win Lose or Draw that game if we get top four its a massive reason to celebrate in the city :)

still trying my best for tickets but Im in no way confident.

might have to pay a pretty penny outside :o

might have to pay a pretty penny outside :o

I'd point blank refuse to give those fcuks cash. Never have never will.

I'd point blank refuse to give those fcuks cash. Never have never will.

I hear ya but you know what I mean if it means getting into the ground for <insert what cannot be spoken about in fear putting the mockers on it> :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Shaqiri please!!!
    Quotes from is brother/advisor -

"Xherdan is 22. At this age, he needs to be playing regularly, which is not currently the case (at Bayern Munich).
    We are waiting now until summer. Then, when clubs make approaches such as Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan and other top clubs, we can listen to their offers.
    That said, Bayern stills remain our first point of contact before we talk to other clubs."

I know he is name dropping, but we have to be contenders.
    He'd work very well for us, can play across the front 3, is different in style to our other attackers, and is physically right for the challenge. And has top level experience at a young age.

Also, he'd work well with Kroos coming out of DM... :D

I think whatever players(s) are signed, they will be players that can fit into the pressing and high work rate system that's there. The work rate and pressing has been so impressive this season and one or two lazy players could potentially mess that up.

I think it could be one of the reasons why the likes of Eriksen were overlooked last summer. He's quite a lazy player when the opposing team have the ball.

It's an area that the likes of Suso and Alberto will need to work on if they are going to make it at the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Newcastle game will be very hard to get tickets for alright.

I do think it would be worth being around Anfield on the day if there is a chance of us winning the title. Even if you can't get a ticket for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

is this setting us all up for a crushing defeat away to Cardiff :(
    all this positivity is making me so nervous, we haven't won 6 games in a row in the league in so many years i can't even remember it.

it's been so good the last 2 months i don't want it to end but that little nagging voice at the back of the head says prepare yourself defeat is coming.

have to say Rodgers is handling the expectations\speculation\press very well for some one who has not been in this position before.
    i like Gerrard being bullish about it also, the desire that man has to end his career with a league winners medal is massive.

woodyg wrote: »
    is this setting us all up for a crushing defeat away to Cardiff :(
    all this positivity is making me so nervous, we haven't won 6 games in a row in the league in so many years i can't even remember it.

it's been so good the last 2 months i don't want it to end but that little nagging voice at the back of the head says prepare yourself defeat is coming.

have to say Rodgers is handling the expectations\speculation\press very well for some one who has not been in this position before.
    i like Gerrard being bullish about it also, the desire that man has to end his career with a league winners medal is massive.

Did we win 6 in a row around Christmas time under Evans one year?

But yeah, all this positivity has me a bit worried for Saturday, Cardiff will be fighting for their life and I'd hate to lose to Solskjaer, hate the guy!

In 08/09 we won 10 out of last 11 iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I really hope it's in this year's Charity Shield!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

It won't be a pushover against Cardiff on Saturday.

I watched them play Everton Saturday gone and they played well and two flukes cost them the game.

I read a stat about Cardiff keeper David Marshall having made more saves than any other keeper in the PL, and he made some outstanding saves on Saturday.

I'll be more nervous of this game than i was before the United game and won't be taking Cardiff lightly. I hope to Fowler that it won't be a repeat of the Reading game from last season.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    It won't be a pushover against Cardiff on Saturday.

I watched them play Everton Saturday gone and they played well and two flukes cost them the game.

I read a stat about Cardiff keeper David Marshall having made more saves than any other keeper in the PL, and he made some outstanding saves on Saturday.

I'll be more nervous of this game than i was before the United game and won't be taking Cardiff lightly. I hope to Fowler that it won't be a repeat of the Reading game from last season.

:D Nice darts, well played!

Had a "restricted view" main stand ticket for the Utd game in September.

Was near the halfway line, cracking view. The only restriction was those pillars but they block next to nothing
    Ya, I've had some when they have been an irritation, but others where they have been far more restrictive than that. It depends on how far away you are sitting from the pills I guess. I think I'll be mostly ok for the Spurs game though.
    djPSB wrote: »
    Newcastle game will be very hard to get tickets for alright.

I do think it would be worth being around Anfield on the day if there is a chance of us winning the title. Even if you can't get a ticket for the game.

It's definitely a compelling argument, and one I might look at closer to the time if things are looking in that direction. I'll not be looking at that option yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

In 08/09 we won 10 out of last 11 iirc

5 either side of the 4-4 draw with Arsenal.

I think we had 2 runs of 9 wins and 10 wins in 2005/06 under Rafa after having a terrible start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Back before Xmas when I bought my tickets for the Newcastle game I jokingly said in work: "If there's a trophy to be lifted, I want to be there".

I was laughed out of the place :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

x43r0 wrote: »
    Back before Xmas when I bought my tickets for the Newcastle game I jokingly said in work: "If there's a trophy to be lifted, I want to be there".

I was laughed out of the place :)

I'm not advocating it and despise touts but I'd love to know how much those tickets would go for if there was a trophy to be lifted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

3-1 Utd.utd to go through,weekends result will act as a kick in the ass for some

From the Utd thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

5 either side of the 4-4 draw with Arsenal.

I think we had 2 runs of 9 wins and 10 wins in 2005/06 under Rafa after having a terrible start.

yea that little russian bollix arshavin
    the one an only game he played well for the gunners in.
    that killed off the title bid then.

i don't think a Raffa team ever won 9 in a row? i may be wrong but i think some one got it right earlier with it being as far back as Evans era that we won so many on the trot.

no word of lie 8 wins and a draw from the next 9 now would be an unreal thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ebbsy wrote: »
    3-1 Utd.utd to go through,weekends result will act as a kick in the ass for some

From the Utd thread.

He isn't a United fan....although that confirms that he hasn't got a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

yea that little russian bollix arshavin
    the one an only game he played well for the gunners in.
    that killed off the title bid then.

i don't think a Raffa team ever won 9 in a row? i may be wrong but i think some one got it right earlier with it being as far back as Evans era that we won so many on the trot.

no word of lie 8 wins and a draw from the next 9 now would be an unreal thing.

I had a tenner on Yossi @ 55/1 to get 2 or more in that game :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

From the Utd thread.

Im getting a great kick from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Had genuinely forgotten that Jose Enrique played for us until someone mentioned him to me today! Any date for his return? Am fully expecting him to come back looking like Dwayne Johnson!

ManOnFire wrote: »
    Had genuinely forgotten that Jose Enrique played for us until someone mentioned him to me today! Any date for his return? Am fully expecting him to come back looking like Dwayne Johnson!

With smaller breasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

From the Utd thread.

really good to know, anything else going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Turtyturd wrote: »
    With smaller breasts?

haha sorry what I should have said is The Rock is in training to be the next Enrique :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I think rafa won 9 in a row around Christmas after we won the champions league we were going for the record ten was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Not really sure where Enrique would fit.

As utterly mediocre as Johnson has been, he has a fairly high level of technical ability that helps us do things like break presses (another absolutely glorious bit from last weekend was dealing with the pressure so effortlessly on the few occasions when Utd actually tried).
    Enrique is a better defender and good at not getting knocked off the ball but his passing really isn't great.

I certainly don't see any reason to drop Flannagan for him.

Would have Enrique ahead of Flanagan easily. Would be nice to have attacking FB's on both sides again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

mightyreds wrote: »
    I think rafa won 9 in a row around Christmas after we won the champions league we were going for the record ten was it?

I think that was clean sheets, could have been wins too though. Run ended with defeat to Sao Paulo in the Club WC Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I think that was clean sheets, could have been wins too though. Run ended with defeat to Sao Paulo in the Club WC Final.

I've only a vague memory of it so I'm not 100% I just remember beating Everton 3 1 round Christmas we were chasing the record, could of been clean sheets actually and talk of a title push after that, sort of fizzled out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Would have Enrique ahead of Flanagan easily. Would be nice to have attacking FB's on both sides again.

Flanagan showed some testicular fortitude on Sunday tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

So it's decided then. If we've a chance of winning the league(which we will) we're going to Liverpool for the last day of the season.

The Boards.ie Liverpool Superthread trip to Anfield. Some will have tickets,some won't,it'll still be great.

Come on ta fuck...lets do this shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So it's decided then. If we've a chance of winning the league(which we will) we're going to Liverpool for the last day of the season.

The Boards.ie Liverpool Superthread trip to Anfield. Some will have tickets,some won't,it'll still be great.

Come on ta fuck...lets do this shit.

We'll all just stand outside talking b0llox and thanking each other. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »
    We'll all just stand outside talking b0llox and thanking each other. :)

Haha. Yeah probably.

Although if we didn't win it,the Monday Meltdown could turn into a bloodbath.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement