Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

So it's decided then. If we've a chance of winning the league(which we will) we're going to Liverpool for the last day of the season.

The Boards.ie Liverpool Superthread trip to Anfield. Some will have tickets,some won't,it'll still be great.

Come on ta fuck...lets do this shit.

I booked a flight out of Dublin at 11 in the night just in case. Was only 20 quid. I'll worry about getting home another time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

niallo27 wrote: »
    I booked a flight out of Dublin at 11 in the night just in case. Was only 20 quid. I'll worry about getting home another time.

Was just about to look into flights and my piece of crap computer crashed....wonder if it's a sign...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

It's either a Summer holiday for me or Liverpool for a week. Looking like Liverpool.

Was just about to look into flights and my piece of crap computer crashed....wonder if it's a sign...

Last flight Saturday is still cheap. Loads of ways home afterwards. Ferry if all goes to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

So it's decided then. If we've a chance of winning the league(which we will) we're going to Liverpool for the last day of the season.

The Boards.ie Liverpool Superthread trip to Anfield. Some will have tickets,some won't,it'll still be great.

Come on ta fuck...lets do this shit.

We need the following banners.

'Like a salmon'
    'This one is for Doni'
    'Kate Cohen can take AVB and stick him....'
    'Match thread saps on tour'
    'Craig Bellamy wishes David Moves well'
    ''Wan 'The Rodgers''

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

It seems having Always the victim... in your sig is allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Bollox!

The keeper was shi*e for that free kick!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

tony1980 wrote: »
    Bollox!

That side haven't a hope of winning the CL with the quality of teams left. If anything this might get Moyes another season so happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

This would be a good result. Need Utd to put in a shift against City next week and Moyes to be in charge. That will not happen if they blow up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is a good thing if they win this which looks likey it might get them up for the City game with we need them to win.

That side haven't a hope of winning the CL with the quality of teams left. If anything this might get Moyes another season so happy days.

Bingo.

Buys him time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Imagine Liverpool playing a team as poor as that home . Suarez and Sturrigde would be having a field day .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    It seems having Always the victim... in your sig is allowed.

http://m.roflcat.com/you-on-probation-son

Don't do it to yourself Nuri. Leave em off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

ebbsy wrote: »
    Need Utd to put in a shift against City next week and Moyes to be in charge.
    All season we've been wanting United to lose, now that they're out of the picture and are playing our title rivals, I shall wholeheartedly be roaring them on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ah shít Utd are back.....

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

kfallon wrote: »

'The chosen one' is making an application for them to join the Greek league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Last flight Saturday is still cheap. Loads of ways home afterwards. Ferry if all goes to all.

The Liverpool/Dublin bus is only thirty or fourth quid iirc

Apparently, we're being linked with Memphis Depay from PSV now. #AITK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yes! Moyes hangs onto his job!

Fixed that for you pal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I could've sworn blind that the title of this thread is "Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14" but apparently it's "Miscellaneous Manchester Utd thread".

Kindly **** off to the appropriate thread lads.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    I could've sworn blind that the title of this thread is "Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14" but apparently it's "Miscellaneous Manchester Utd thread".

Kindly **** off to the appropriate thread lads.

It's a WWE thread I thought :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Yep. And according to the match thread, moye is a genius again!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Apparently, we're being linked with Memphis Depay from PSV now. #AITK

Lovely!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Yep. And according to the match thread, moye is a genius again!

Late surge for the top 4 will get discussed after this match :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Will be fun shouting for Utd versus City! C'mon ye Kants!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Hey, I've been away for two weeks so haven't read or posted anything during that period but I have to say I was always confident of beating Utd at Old Trafford. Having said that watching it happen was still excellent and I had to stay up till 8.30am after finishing work a few hours previous and almost nodded off once or twice but was glad I made it. I hope you guys have been acknowledging the fact that we are in a title race! The closest and most scrappy title race I can ever remember in my lifetime but we are there nonetheless. Real shame Stevie couldn't get the hat trick of penoes.

Ok, enough messing around now. They're still in the competition, the possibility is still there that they can win it. I could see them getting a result over 2 legs against Dortmund, PSG and Atletico. If they get to a semi final then who knows?????

We NEED to get 3rd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ok, enough messing around now. They're still in the competition, the possibility is still there that they can win it. I could see them getting a result over 2 legs against Dortmund, PSG and Atletico. If they get to a semi final then who knows?????

There is no chance and you can quote me on that. Far too many good sides left in it and they are not one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

We NEED to get 3rd!

3rd?? Pfft...aiming higher than that,man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

We NEED to get 3rd!

I will go naked outside the GPO if they beat any team left in it over 2 legs. :pac:

• Advertisement

There is no chance and you can quote me on that. Far too many good sides left in it and they are not one of them.

2005, that's all I'll say on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

2005, that's all I'll say on the matter.

Compare the quality of club's in the 2005 competition to the 2014 version. There is no comparison.

aramush wrote: »
    Compare the quality of club's in the 2005 competition to the 2014 version. There is no comparison.

We were the worst team in that competition from the 2nd round on. I don't think United will win it and Bayern would absolutely annihilate them given the chance but I do not want them winning it having any say on our potential to get into the competition next year.

aramush wrote: »

Juventus, Milan and even Chelsea were serous sides back then. Give any of this years team a game.

• LOL the panic is creeping in already, oh man how this would be on of Man Utd's sweetest moments and snatch European football from the hands of Liverpool...one can dream

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Important news venue change for Irish HJC Cup.

First of all apologies for the timing of this and for another thread but we need to make sure everyone whos taking part sees this

We have had to move the football from the astro park in Tallaght

Thye venue we will now be playing at is the postal club on kiltipper road in Tallaght here is a link to the location
    http://www.yourlocal.ie/company/379237558222848

Its a very short drive from tallaght stadium

The reason for the change is the Adverts for a certain newspaper on every pitch in the Astropark

we felt we could not use the venue because of this

We really hope you all understand and apologise for any
    inconvenience but we are sure everone will understand

The postal club has car parking and showers and everything the astro offered

The 54a bus stops right beside it this bus goes from pearse street /trinity college
    the luas to the sqare is an option also and we could try organise lifts from there for people or a taxi from the square to the pitch would be about six euro

we should have enough cars there to get everyone to the cuckoos nest afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Juventus, Milan and even Chelsea were serous sides back then. Give any of this years team a game.

Perhaps, but the standard is much higher this year than 2005 imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Man utd have turned they're 26 th corner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully united kick on now and nick a few points off city and chelsea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

klose wrote: »
    Hopefully united kick on now and nick a few points off city and chelsea :D

eh Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL the panic is creeping in already, oh man how this would be on of Man Utd's sweetest moments and snatch European football from the hands of Liverpool...one can dream

No plans on finishing 4th chief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

LOL the panic is creeping in already, oh man how this would be on of Man Utd's sweetest moments and snatch European football from the hands of Liverpool...one can dream

No panic here at all . The panic will be Bayern , Madrid , Barca , Chelsea , Athletico , PSG , Dortmund . Which one do you want to rip you a new one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Would be funny if you did that and Spurs finished fourth - again. Id almost cheer for you in the final if that were to be a possibility.

Almost.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

The only panic creeping in for me lately was if we scored 5 or 6 on Sunday and Moyes got the sack. The win tonight should get him to the end of the season at least. One can only dream of him getting a 2nd season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

hefferboi wrote: »
    The only panic creeping in for me lately was if we scored 5 or 6 on Sunday and Moyes got the sack. The win tonight should get him to the end of the season at least. One can only dream of him getting a 2nd season.

This ... i am delighted to see United get through but that last 15mins was a worry, they'll be hammered over 2 legs comfortably but most importantly Moyes buys some time. I fully expect City to put 3-4 past them but it'd be great if they found the balls and took points.

One can dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

We NEED to get 3rd!

We need to get 3rd alright but not for the reason you've pointed out.

United have zero chance of winning that competition. Zero. They are currently truly awful. They will be destroyed by any of the top teams over two legs. Nothing I am more sure of.

The reason we need 3rd (or better) is to allow our transfer targets to be signed promptly with the promise of Champions League football. 4th place means a two legged play off in August. Until that play off is played then we cannot guarantee Champions League football.

It would be a very messy window if we finished 4th as we would need to do a lot of business in a short space of time. There are many pitfalls with this - missing out on players who move before the play off, increased player prices because we HAVE qualified and clubs will hold out for more money with the deadline date looming, a squad that have not had a preseason together and allowing the new players a chance to settle. Finishing 3rd or better removes ALL these problems.

3rd or better would be very good. Allows us to get our 1st choice transfer targets early, get them in for pre season with Brendan and get them settled. We can also decide on what currently loaned players we want to loan out again or keep for squad purposes. Plenty of squad players will get a chance in the cups next year and can hopefully play some games to rest our 1st teamers against the lesser teams in the Premiership.

4th place comes with a whole bundle of problems and is a bit messy at best. Don't jump on me for suggesting 4th is pants. It is from a logistical point of view but obviously its better than nothing but I think we deserve 3rd or better this season on our performances and hopefully we can stay in the race for top spot for as long as possible.

6 points again Chelsea and City at Anfield would put a fierce attractive slant on the League table.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

We NEED to get 3rd!

Ah man seriously? We are in the hunt for the title not 4th anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Augmerson wrote: »
    Ah man seriously? We are in the hunt for the title not 4th anymore.

Yeah but we need City to not win their three games in hand, Arsenal to lose one or two, same for Chelsea, plus we need to win against City, Chelsea and Spurs and beat everyone else as well.

All it takes is one draw for us and we drop further away, lose one and you can kiss the title goodbye.

I still say we are in a fight for a Champions League spot as long as United are still in the same competition. We can scoff all we like, but we all know from experience that United could win the CL and rob us for the fourth place spot.

I'd sooner see us collapse and finish fifth than have those fuckers steal the 4th place spot because they won the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Would be funny if you did that and Spurs finished fourth - again. Id almost cheer for you in the final if that were to be a possibility.

Cheers for that, hope United do win it and Liverpool finish 4th just so you can feel the pain of this happening.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement