Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

At least there would be no complaints about him diving as he would refuse to sell defender's tackles.

Wrong Hulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

5starpool wrote: »
    Should have been one earlier alright, but I didn't see anything about it yet.

Yep thats what I thought too. Maybe tomorrow instead.
    I guess there wont be much news anyway, only Enrique and Coates out who I expect we wont see anything of this season.

Chelsea V Arsenal - what would you hope for?

An Arsenal loss would really help us out for 3rd or above - would be amazing to not have to qualify.
    Chelsea loss would obviously be good for when we win the league :D.

I guess a draw is probably best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

klose wrote: »
    gks
    Mignotlet
    Jones

defenders

Agger
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    Toure
    Illori *
    Johnson
    Flanno
    Kelly
    Enrique
    Wisdom *
    Robinson *

midfielders

Gerrard
    Allen
    Hendo
    Lucas
    Coutinho
    Alberto

attackers

Suarez
    Sturridge
    Sterling
    Borini
    Aspas
    Ibe *
    Suso *
    Teixiera *
    Assaidi

I edited your list because Reina is gone now , he won't play for LFC again . I also dropped Coates too because I can't see him staying another year . The players with a Star beside their name really should be out on loan for a season or for 6 months .
    BR will need to spend a good bit in the summer to get the team ready for the Champions League .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I reckon the four below are definitely gone.

Assaidi has been a bit-part player at Stoke and hasn't exactly been racking up goals/assists. There are too many players ahead of him now.

A bit part player for Stoke?

If I remember correctly he was playing really well for them and started every game until the injury he picked up about a week or 2 ago which has left him out for 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

If any Liverpool, or for that matter, any Football "Fan" threatens to boycott watching their club over a signing, then in my book, that person is no Fan at all, and will not be missed.

tok9 wrote: »
    A bit part player for Stoke?

If I remember correctly he was playing really well for them and started every game until the injury he picked up about a week or 2 ago which has left him out for 6 weeks.

Was their best player for a period. Think he started getting dropped when Odenwinge dug his way in, which could be down to them wanting to play a player they own rather than one they have on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

gafferino wrote: »
    I guess there wont be much news anyway, only Enrique and Coates out who I expect we wont see anything of this season.

An Arsenal loss would really help us out for 3rd or above - would be amazing to not have to qualify.

A loss for either would be a real momentum killer at this stage of the season and would make it very difficult for that team to win the League.

A draw and both teams are still in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

If any Liverpool, or for that matter, any Football "Fan" threatens to boycott watching their club over a signing, then in my book, that person is no Fan at all, and will not be missed.

I think he was saying it for effect. I doubt any fan would ignore their team because of one player they disliked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

gafferino wrote: »

As with any of these type of title rivals clashes, the most desired result is a 5-5 draw (for entertainment purposes) followed by a post-match 22 man brawl which leads to 10 point deductions for both teams and lengthly suspensions for key players

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Yeah, a 22 man battle royal would be ideal. That and a draw I feel.

6de0e657d96b6819d0879a0249a04e50048654abf6142602d998c57574145ac6_large

The happy training pics are up on FB.

Wonder will either of these 2 feature this weekend?

1396026_10152420033877573_1332212844_n.jpg

Rodgers on Allen.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/159464-brendan-appreciates-courageous-allen

"But I know his talent better than anyone. He had a great pre-season but unfortunately then got injured again. He's such a courageous player.

"At Old Trafford, he covered more ground than anyone. The way he presses the ball and looks after the ball; in this country, sometimes it can be frowned upon.

"People look for midfield players that are either scoring goals and wanting goals or smashing into challenges.

"Joe is a really intelligent footballer; he understands the ball, he protects the ball really well for the team, and his work-rate and intensity is incredible."

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

^^ From the training pics....why isnt Suarez wearing his fancy new boots?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ^^ From the training pics....why isnt Suarez wearing his fancy new boots?

Probably in the wash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

anyone know why Ilori has not featured for Granada in their last 5 games?

Hes not injured by all accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

anyone know why Ilori has not featured for Granada in their last 5 games?

Hes not injured by all accounts
    Groin injury for at least the first couple.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Probably in the wash.

They'll shrink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah, Ilori and Asaidi both had injuries AFAIK. I forgot Coates is out in Uruguay! Has Suso played much lately?

If Kelly and Coates go, and with Sakho not having had as much game time as we'd hoped, there's a lot to be said for keeping Agger and Skrtel. Wait another year to buy a new CB.

Shame Allen hasn't had that much game time this season, he's done well when asked. Hopefully now he's back fit we'll see more of him, he could offer us a lot next season.

LB, CM, Attacker and back up keeper seem no brainers for me. The rest depend on if Johnson and Agger/Skrtel go,

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Every week, he has 2 kids training with the first team. This time, it is Tom Brewitt (Def) and Adam Phillips (Att).
    Such a smart way to see what a player is made of, and keep talent kids hungry and not several steps removed from the first team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Coates is gone, he has lost his place in the Uruguay team with Diego Godin (Atl Madrid) and Martin Caceres in front of him. He needs to go somewhere and play every week, even if he got back fit I don't think they'd take the risk on him.

Kelly might go if he thinks he hasn't got a future in the side as he needs games too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Agent Bangkok tearing up the utd thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers insists there has been no talk of winning the Premier League title this week and that his only concern is Saturday's game against Cardiff City.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9223137/premier-league-brendan-rodgers-cannot-see-himself-leaving-liverpool-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The media really don't like when they don't get their own way. They always get a headline from Mourinho's mouth, but Rodger's isn't going to talk about any title chance, and I absolutely love that. If they find that dull, they should just look at us play, it's fairly entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

6de0e657d96b6819d0879a0249a04e50048654abf6142602d998c57574145ac6_large

I ****ing love Brendan Rodgers.

punk_one82 wrote: »
    I ****ing love Brendan Rodgers.

It took a while but the fanbase are really behind Rodgers now.

I was over at Anfield at the Fulham game before Xmas and a section of the Kop tried to get 'there 's only one Brendan Rodgers' started. It never got going properly as it seemed alot of fans felt kinda awkward singing it.

I was over at the Arsenal 5-1 game a few weeks back, and the same song blared around Anfield. I can only imagine what it will be like if we can take City and Chelsea down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Grayditch wrote: »
    The media really don't like when they don't get their own way. They always get a headline from Mourinho's mouth, but Rodger's isn't going to talk about any title chance, and I absolutely love that. If they find that dull, they should just look at us play, it's fairly entertaining.

They just want copy and to analyse it to fcuk.

So now they'll analyse why he isn't commenting!

He's doing the right thing, let Gerrard, Suarez and the others talk about titles.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Anyone have a 21st coming up?

stevengerrarddj.jpg
    Fresh off the back of recent celebrity-turned-DJ Joey Essex is Liverpool and England footballer Steven Gerrard, who reportedly wishes to try his hand at the dance music game.

The midfielder, 33, is in fine form on the field at moment, hoping to secure Liverpool's first league title win in 24 years, but it seems his post-career plans are already in place.

According to a close friend, the Liverpool captain has been getting DJ lessons for a few years and has even played under the pseudonym of DJ Stevie G at Merseyside nightclub Garlands.

"There were 2,000 clubbers dancing along to Stevie’s mixing skills. He loved it and he’s really good too. Stevie thinks that playing in front of big crowds at nightclubs can replace the buzz of playing football in front of big crowds."

With a World Cup in Brazil to worry about first, it's best Stevie G stays out of the clubs for now but we certainly look forward to when he's selling out Amnesia in Ibiza. Surely anyone's better than Paris Hilton?

http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/steven-gerrard-to-become-dj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wonder will he play at the title celebration party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

"DJ Stevie G"......in Merseyside.....not a very subtle alias. :pac:

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Wonder will he play at the title celebration party.

Mourinho just on SSN there saying we are favourites for the title because we have a DJ booked for the celebration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He's into Phil Collins so his taste in music leaves a lot to be desired.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Cuckoos nest for the Cardiff game on Saturday raffle and auction to follow.

As most are aware the 5 a side is on Saturday and we want everyone to come back to the cuckoos nest pub to watch the Cardiff game!! There's free grub and after the game we are holding a raffle and auction for some great prizes !!! If you can't make the footy please feel free to come to the pub for a few hours after and maybe buy a raffle ticket to support the fundraising drive!!

Tickets for the raffle will be €10 and there's some great prizes

Signed ireland shirt
    Signed Lfc shirt by fowler hamann mcateer
    Signed balls by fowler and mcateer
    Signed Phil Thompson pic
    Signed one night in Istanbul DVD by Jamie carragher
    Golf day with steak dinner for 4 people in the nuremore hotel
    BMW golf bag and balls
    One night B&B in the nuremore hotel
    2 hampers with wine spirits and chocolates

Some great prizes in there for us and I might have a few more so please try make it down and support a good cause , we will have Sheila Coleman there too!! Maybe if you can't make it you'll see your way to throwing a donation into the Acc Northside red has set up

Cheers all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Dub13 wrote: »
    Cuckoos nest for the Cardiff game on Saturday raffle and auction to follow.

As most are aware the 5 a side is on Saturday and we want everyone to come back to the cuckoos nest pub to watch the Cardiff game!! There's free grub and after the game we are holding a raffle and auction for some great prizes !!! If you can't make the footy please feel free to come to the pub for a few hours after and maybe buy a raffle ticket to support the fundraising drive!!

Tickets for the raffle will be €10 and there's some great prizes

Signed ireland shirt
    Signed Lfc shirt by fowler hamann mcateer
    Signed balls by fowler and mcateer
    Signed Phil Thompson pic
    Signed one night in Istanbul DVD by Jamie carragher
    Golf day with steak dinner for 4 people in the nuremore hotel
    BMW golf bag and balls
    One night B&B in the nuremore hotel
    2 hampers with wine spirits and chocolates

Some great prizes in there for us and I might have a few more so please try make it down and support a good cause , we will have Sheila Coleman there too!! Maybe if you can't make it you'll see your way to throwing a donation into the Acc Northside red has set up

Cheers all

I don't mind God signing me balls, infact I'd quite like it :o But McAteer can fook right off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm gonna need you to take that back right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

With Reina almost certainly gone in the summer and a lot of people leaving Jones out of their squad for next season what type of goalkeeper would ye like to see come in? A young up and comer type who can push Mig and eventually be a number 1 or an older seasoned pro whose happy being a number 2 but would provide very reliable cover? Just watching Spurs with Friedel in the team tonight, would be great to have someone with experience who isn't as jittery as Jones (obviously someone with a few more years in the tank than Friedel )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Can he not afford another 1210?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I do not know if anyone was listening to George Hook today but after 6 he has an essential song of the 20th century and today it was You'll Never Walk Alone and how Gerry was in a bus with Bill Shankley and gave him a demo of the song and said this will be sung in the Anfield terraces and Shankley told him it would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The solo and very late Genesis is pish but I doubt Stevie G is listening to Home By the Sea in the dark.

• Advertisement

Spurs are back on! (nearly)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I dunno, there's something in the air that's telling me, against all odds, he might actually be pretty decent at it.

Might see his true colours now that he's behind the spinning decks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2010/11/10-disastrous-quotes-of-roy-hodgsons-lfc-reign/

Thought I'd bring myself back down to earth by reminding myself about Roy's reign and came across the above. Particular doozies are his digs at Johnson and his flat out refusal to rule out Torres being sold to Man U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Vanolder wrote: »
    Letting clubs know we wont be bent over a barrell....I don't think mega bucks needs to be spent anyway. Left back yes and possibly a DM- But that would be relegating Allen or Lucas and I think Allen is good enough to stay in the team. Sterling showed at the weekend that he is good enough to come in and play at the top of a diamond if needs be and I don't need to go on about Coutinho- If anything, I expect these two to come on another 10/15% performance wise next year. Right back is also a concern I guess, but Flanno, and I'm hoping McLaughlin, should be enough cover if Johnson is staying on, if he is not, then maybe a buy is needed.

I know if you are not adding to your squad you are standing still, but so much of our squad are no where near their peak and I see the current squad improving massively as it is going forward- A couple of new faces to keep things fresh- But there are plenty of academy players knocking on the door and plenty of loanees returning who will also be looking to show what they can do. I think the club is in a fantastic position in this regard at the moment and we don't need a host of players to come in and make it feel like the step from the academy to the first team is a massive step due to inflated squad numbers.

+1 with the addition that we need a bigger/deeper squad next year to deal with CL games + longer runs in the domestic cups. A couple of 1st eleven players will help with the PL and CL and the academy/loanees/young players can get game time in the domestic cups.

5starpool wrote: »
    What? you want us to pay Sturridge 15m a season? That's crazy talk. I can see him getting a bump in the summer with a new deal, but it won't be near the Suarez money, never mind Rooney.

I do agree but what do you think his agent will be saying to him?? I'm guessing it will be something along the lines of "X earns €150,000 a week and you're better than him. If LFC won't give it to you I'll engineer an offer from XXX who will give it to you".

If a professional player isn't being paid his market value by his current employer it's likely someone else will offer to and at the end of the day professional players have an obligation to maximize their income during their relatively short career. Winning medals and playing nice football come into the equation I've no doubt but ultimately money talks louder than anything else.

I have great faith in FSG to be financially responsible which not only means not overpaying transfer fees and wages for players again (Joe Cole, Andy Carroll etc) but it also means paying your best players their market rate or close enough to the market rate to keep them a la the new contract offered to Suarez. I'm confident Sturridge will be offered a new deal which will move his wages just close enough to what he might get elsewhere in order to keep him at the club and happy at the club.

Ben

• Advertisement

Vanolder wrote: »
    . Right back is also a concern I guess, but Flanno, and I'm hoping McLaughlin, should be enough cover if Johnson is staying on, if he is not, then maybe a buy is needed.

Wisdom rather than McLaughlin will be the most likely third choice RB or second choice if one or Johnson/Flanno is out.

djPSB wrote: »
    NET SPEND :D
    ^^^^^ Mod's - Instant ban right there for overly inflammatory language!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

ManOnFire wrote: »
    With Reina almost certainly gone in the summer and a lot of people leaving Jones out of their squad for next season what type of goalkeeper would ye like to see come in? A young up and comer type who can push Mig and eventually be a number 1 or an older seasoned pro whose happy being a number 2 but would provide very reliable cover? Just watching Spurs with Friedel in the team tonight, would be great to have someone with experience who isn't as jittery as Jones (obviously someone with a few more years in the tank than Friedel )
    We are being linked with Keylor Navas, the Costa Rican keeper playing for Levante, a lot in the last few weeks. According to Soccerlens(:() his contract is up in 2015 and he has an £8m buyout clause.

Maybe one of La Liga heads on here would know a bit more about him?

djPSB wrote: »

Can I start the Monday meltdown with this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm gonna need you to take that back right now...

Nope. No sirree Bob. Not gonna happen. He's pish.
    Knex. wrote: »
    I dunno, there's something in the air that's telling me, against all odds, he might actually be pretty decent at it.

Might see his true colours now that he's behind the spinning decks.

GET OUT!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement