Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

BjMzOq1CMAEwakH.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He's into Phil Collins so his taste in music leaves a lot to be desired.

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion". In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like "In the Air Tonight" and, uh, "Against All Odds". Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is "Sussudio", a great, great song, a personal favorite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion". In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like "In the Air Tonight" and, uh, "Against All Odds". Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is "Sussudio", a great, great song, a personal favorite

What is this lunacy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

What is this lunacy?

It's out of American Psycho, good stuff.

Also Phil Collins is great :p

Liam O wrote: »

Yep,just Googled the first line. I haven't seen American Psycho.

No he's not. He's muck of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yep,just Googled the first line. I haven't seen American Psycho.

No he's not. He's muck of the highest order.

The man might be an egotistical so and so but there's no denying he has made some catchy tunes. Granted I've only listened to about 3 or 4 of them :p

I haven't seen American Psycho.

You're dead to me. ;)

Read the book though, it's much better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

You're dead to me. ;)

That book is ****ing crazy. Page long descriptions of clothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Rodgers is so impressive when he speaks. Everything is measured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Christian Bale is a Liverpool fan, apparently.

I'd say Phil Collins is more... Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Porto have scored crucial away goal against Napoli 1-2 . Napoli need to score two as it stands. It was a poor camera angle but it looked like Reina might of made it easy.

Edit: curtains now for Napoli 1-3

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Porto have scored crucial away goal against Napoli 1-2 . Napoli need to score two as it stands. It was a poor camera angle but it looked like Reina might of made it easy.

Edit: curtains now for Napoli 1-3

It's sabotage, ruin the Napoli deal and come back to Anfield.

Augmerson wrote: »
    That book is ****ing crazy. Page long descriptions of clothing.

Yeah that did get to me towards the end of it, but it's just so off the wall, bat sh*t crazy that you have to keep going.

Was also interested to read other people's takes/theories on it when I was finished which is one sign of a good book for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Augmerson wrote: »
    It's sabotage, ruin the Napoli deal and come back to Anfield.

Ha ha but I just can't see him back at the club, pity though I always liked Reina and he seemed to be a good character in around the squad.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I remember when there was stories of Rafa being interested in signing Quaresma back in 04-06. Good times.

You're dead to me. ;)

Well spotted. I thought I was fast. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Liam O wrote: »

Yeah, he's great, but did you know that if you feed a gorilla a bar of Cadburys milk chocolate he is just as good on the drums?

Just saying, like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I remember when there was stories of Rafa being interested in signing Quaresma back in 04-06. Good times.
    God i remember that but he looked good on youtube ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

billy2012 wrote: »
    Good ol Kolo :)

It seems that Kolo has regressed back to the juvenile kid that he was when on trial with Arsenal, which is a shame really as I thought he would bring solidity/maturity to the backline a la Carragher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Ah come on, don't judge his overall performances by a couple of mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yeah that did get to me towards the end of it, but it's just so off the wall, bat sh*t crazy that you have to keep going.

Was also interested to read other people's takes/theories on it when I was finished which is one sign of a good book for me.

It was tough, id agree with that especially the descriptions of every single item.

Im convinced a lot of it took place in his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

billy2012 wrote: »
    Ah come on, don't judge his overall performances by a couple of mistakes.

I can't be the only one who gets the jitters when he is in possession of the ball in our own half. In fairness he is still excellent when attacking crosses into our box, bettered only by Sakho on that front, but it doesn't compensate for his panicky distribution for a team that likes to build play from the back imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

garra wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who gets the jitters when he is in possession of the ball in our own half. In fairness he is still excellent when attacking crosses into our box, bettered only by Sakho on that front, but it doesn't compensate for his panicky distribution for a team that likes to build play from the back imo

Toure filled a gap at a time when we were badly stuck. He was never gonna be a world beater.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    It was tough, id agree with that especially the descriptions of every single item.

Im convinced a lot of it took place in his head.

Well he doesn't have to read it now. :pac:

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

djPSB wrote: »
    Toure filled a gap at a time when we were badly stuck. He was never gonna be a world beater.

If history has thought us anything, it's that signing Kolo Toure guarantees you will shortly win the league.

#daretokolo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well he doesn't have to read it now. :pac:

Glad to be of service haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Scouse Cafu and right back of the week in Europe (according to some stats site) deserves it and frankly if anyone had said he'd be rampaging up the field with ball at feet 6 months ago I'd have checked for dilated pupils

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Never thought he'd come on like he has but he has proved me very wrong. Delighted for him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Delighted for him.

Lots of great moments so for this season but one of my favourite has to be Flanagan scoring against Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

'We spoke about him going on loan but no one wanted him'
    :eek:

daithijjj wrote: »

That was just bizarre, but the most disappointing bit was that Rodgers sounded more Scottish than anything.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    If history has thought us anything, it's that signing Kolo Toure guarantees you will shortly win the league.

#daretokolo

Kolo is like the Spear of Destiny.

Whoever holds it shall dominate the world.

Until they invade Russia and declare war on the US.

That's just takin' the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

garra wrote: »
    It seems that Kolo has regressed back to the juvenile kid that he was when on trial with Arsenal, which is a shame really as I thought he would bring solidity/maturity to the backline a la Carragher

that's hilarious !

I meant the ytube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Not even 6 months ago too....crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

5starpool wrote: »
    That was just bizarre, but the most disappointing bit was that Rodgers sounded more Scottish than anything.

My tweets posts are not endorsements :pac: Thought it was a bit bizarre myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Flano was pushing skips around the airport? What is bRod jiving bout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

5starpool wrote: »

Rodgers does sound Scottish in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Farrelly was brilliant at rafa and the obvious Scouse ones but his Rodgers is terrible

So the Fiorentina stuff wasn't true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

daithijjj wrote: »

The Suarez impersonation is just embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

After watching the Cardiff presser you gotta love Rodgers. He talks the talk but now is walking the walk as well. I'm sure lots of people both Liverpool and non Liverpool fans thought he was a bit of a spoofer but he has really shut up his critics. The thing that stands out for me is his coaching and tactics. He seems to be very analytical when getting ready for each game. Yeah he has had tactical Fcuk ups in the past but I'm sure he is learning day by day.
    I think he can build something really special at this club and could cement himself as one of the great managers.
    I know one swallow doesn't make a summer but let's all get on the train and enjoy the ride (except Victor Moses)

YNWA :)

After watching the Cardiff presser you gotta love Rodgers. He talks the talk but now is walking the walk as well. I'm sure lots of people both Liverpool and non Liverpool fans thought he was a bit of a spoofer but he has really shut up his critics. The thing that stands out for me is his coaching and tactics. He seems to be very analytical when getting ready for each game. Yeah he has had tactical Fcuk ups in the past but I'm sure he is learning day by day.
    I think he can build something really special at this club and could cement himself as one of the great managers.
    I know one swallow doesn't make a summer but let's all get on the train and enjoy the ride (except Victor Moses)

YNWA :)

It would be fair funny if Victor Moses won a PL medal with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Not if the likes of Enrique or Jones don't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Farrelly was brilliant at rafa and the obvious Scouse ones but his Rodgers is terrible

Rodger's is a tough accent to nail to be fair.

He does a good Harry and Hodgson too, check out Paul Reid aswell he is better imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

You need something like 12 or 13 appearances to qualify I think, although the club can apply for extra medals for players below that.

• Advertisement

Dickerty wrote: »
    Not if the likes of Enrique or Jones don't...

It would be some kick in the hole for Chelsea.

And an even bigger kick in the hole when we send him back to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement