Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The Toure story, something doesn't add up, when he joined Arsenal didn't he first play as a right sided midfield player (I remember him scoring against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in a 1-1 draw) and was only later moulded into a centre back? If he was on trial surely he would have played in his natural position (right sided midfielder) to see if he was any good rather than just throw him in as a centre back and see how he gets on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

djPSB wrote: »
    It would be some kick in the hole for Chelsea.

And an even bigger kick in the hole when we send him back to them.
    They might have bigger problems soon

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/roman-abramovich-should-face-sanctions-says-vladimir-putin-critic-30113041.html

Now that would be funny but the chances are near nil:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Liverpool Bromance.

6de0e657d96b6819d0879a0249a04e50048654abf6142602d998c57574145ac6_large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Rodgers not mentioned????
    12. Which manager in the Barclays Premier League have you been most impressed with this season?

Tony Pulis - 17%

Roberto Martinez - 13%

Mauricio Pochettino - 17%

Arsene Wenger - 13%

Manuel Pellegrini - 17%

Paul Lambert - 6%

Other - 17%

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15117/9224099/premier-league-managers-survey-luis-suarez-and-aaron-ramsey-hailed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Am I mad to think that Flanagan may just be one of the best full backs in the league at the moment? He looks so assured in possession aswell as solid defensively, I'd have him in my English world cup award, no question about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

billy2012 wrote: »

I wouldn't take any notice of those polls they have Suarez - 6% for best young player level with Sterling and Ravel Morrison behind Januzaj.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I wouldn't any notice of those polls they have Suarez - 6% for best young player level with Sterling and Ravel Morrison behind Januzaj.

35% also named Anfield as having the best atmosphere, which will hopefully be the case for the remainder of the season as we romp to the title in style, but sadly over the last few years especially this has generally not been true. When it's rocking though it it really rocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I wouldn't any notice of those polls they have Suarez - 6% for best young player level with Sterling and Ravel Morrison behind Januzaj.

Ya that was the first thing I noticed. Some intelligent managers in the premier league. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

Man utd v Munich. Old Trafford first leg

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Where does the CL draw leave Chelsea in relation to where/dates we play them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Agueroooo wrote: »

Chelsea need to reach the semi finals for it to be an issue. The game would be between first and second legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As much fun it is laughing at the impossible draw united got, I cant wait for us to hopefully be involved this time next year. Testing this team against the big boys will be fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Sky Sports 1 are showing Pool v Chelsea on Sunday April 27 at 2.05pm. Don't think it'll matter if Chelsea are still in the CL at that stage.

Sky Sports 1 are showing Pool v Chelsea on Sunday April 27 at 2.05pm. Don't think it'll matter if Chelsea are still in the CL at that stage.

That is still subject to CL scheduling. If Chelsea are in the semi finals and scheduled to play on the Tuesday afterwards, the game will presumably be moved to the Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Barcelona vs Athletico will be very tasty.

United will be savaged by the Germans.

5starpool wrote: »
    That is still subject to CL scheduling. If Chelsea are in the semi finals and scheduled to play on the Tuesday afterwards, the game will presumably be moved to the Saturday.

Probably a 5.30 ko then since BT Sport have the lunchtime slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Probably a 5.30 ko then since BT Sport have the lunchtime slot.

BT can't show any more Liverpool games though AFAIK

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    BT can't show any more Liverpool games though AFAIK

Sorry, meant SS1 would show it at 5.30.

Premier League ‏@PLSpokesman 6m To mark 25 years since the Hillsborough tragedy, all matches on 11-14 April will kick off 7 mins later than scheduled http://bit.ly/Hillsborough25
    There will be also be a minute's silence at every game to remember those who lost their lives in the disaster http://bit.ly/Hillsborough25

excellent idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

All Premier League and FA Cup Semi Final games scheduled for 11th to 14th April will kick off 7 minutes later than advertised. This is to mark the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough, with a minutes silence preceding kick-off.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/mar/premier-league-matches-to-start-late-in-hillsborough-tribute/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

At least we don't need to worry about United winning the champions league now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Am I mad to think that Flanagan may just be one of the best full backs in the league at the moment? He looks so assured in possession aswell as solid defensively, I'd have him in my English world cup award, no question about it.

Too early to say.

If he carries it into next season, then it would be a fair comment.

Form is temporary, class is permanent etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Anyone want a laugh, go over and look at the United thread.

Deluded is not the word.

Just as well utd aren't playing that weekend, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Gonna be tough for Kroos considering that he'll be joining United in the summer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

True. Even if by some Moyesey miracle they managed to beat Bayern they would likely still have Madrid, Barca and PSG/Chelsea to deal with. Not gonna happen.

Until the final whistle in Munich I wont rule them out.

The CL has a habit of throwing up surprises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Anyone want a laugh, go over and look at the United thread.

Deluded is not the word.
    Haven't seen anything that suggests delusion? The best prediction was a good performance and that they'd go out by a single goal. Generally, everyone seems to think they'll get battered.

There isn't a snowballs chance in hell of United winning the Champions League.

If Olympiacos put 2 past them in Greece, Bayern will put 4 minimum in Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Football genius v Football genius. Pep v Moyes. Could go either way..... haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

There isn't a snowballs chance in hell of United winning the Champions League.

If Olympiacos put 2 past them in Greece, Bayern will put 4 minimum in Germany.

You must make a fortune on bets being able to predict games like that.

punk_one82 wrote: »
    You must make a fortune on bets being able to predict games like that.

Form is the best way of predicting results generally. Bookies actually use it all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Ryan Giggs in 2011 . " we would never collapse like Liverpool "

I'm sure if you reminded Ryan of that comment he wouldn't be too happy .

I suppose it depends on how they follow up next season. It's a blip for United, far from a collapse just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Exactamundo...if a team featuring Djimi Traore at left back can win the Champions League then anything can happen ;)

In the midst of all the speculation here about how ManU will fare against Bayern, how would ye reckon Liverpool would do against them over two legs ???

A guaranteed goal fest imho, but don't think we would have enough in the tank tbh.

• Advertisement

What do we all want from The Arsenal v Chelsea game at the weekend?

A draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

1990 was a different time to 2011. It's highly unlikely Utd will

..... sorry I had a thought but just lost interest. What I really want is a win against Cardiff tomorrow.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    In the midst of all the speculation here about how ManU will fare against Bayern, how would ye reckon Liverpool would do against them over two legs ???

A guaranteed goal fest imho, but don't think we would have enough in the tank tbh.

Reckon we would get a few goals but they would beat us over two legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Really looking forward to the Cardiff game. Oddly enough, I'm fairly confident about this one.

I'll go 3-0 to the pool. Jinx be damned.

A draw?

Hopefully they both lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

A draw?

A mass brawl. Point deductions and a three year European wide ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

A draw?

Arsenal win I think.

For one I don't want to see Chelsea winning the league and they still have the easiest fixture list so an Arsenal win or a draw for me in that order.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

tok9 wrote: »
    Arsenal win I think.

For one I don't want to see Chelsea winning the league and they still have the easiest fixture list so an Arsenal win or a draw for me in that order.

Ya. If we can't win the league id rather see arsenal win it over Chelsea or city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Arsenal win I think.

A draw is what I want in this game tomorrow and that's the result that helps LFC the most .

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

We've already established this. A draw with Hazard being sent off for a steel chair shot to the head of Mourinho in a quite splendidly done swerve, thus Mourinho and Hazard, the latter being handed a heavy ban by the FA missing the rest of the season. Hopefully Arsenal's CB's get counted out or something.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    A draw with Hazard being sent off for a steel chair shot to the head of Mourinho in a quite splendidly done swerve, thus Mourinho and Hazard, the latter being handed a heavy ban by the FA missing the rest of the season. Hopefully Arsenal's CB's get counted out or something. We've already established this.

Hazard for a heel turn?

After the ball boy incident I'd well believe it.

Arsenal win I think.

I want us to win the League, A draw is most beneficial for us. We can go clear of Arsenal and Chelsea (should we win our games in hand).

A draw for me. 3 all or 4 all draw will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I'm sill incredibly sceptical about everything so I'm not looking beyond cardiff. We can give them nothing to hold onto. They beat city and got a draw with united. I know it was a while back but if they crowd get behind them god knows. So a nice early blitz, 2 up after twenty minutes and I can relax and not pull my hair out unless of course is like the swansea game. Oh christ

I genuinely feel if we can win it on the final day I wont sleep for the week

Will need to be careful at the set-pieces vs Cardiff. Caulker is fairly dangerous in the air especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I can't wait for the Arsenal-Chelsea game. There is only upside for us.

Chelsea win - Strengthens our push for an automatic CL spot
    Arsenal win - massive blow to Chelsea's title hopes and a help for us
    Draw - win win

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement