Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Ugh, I thought the game was at Anfield tomorrow and was expecting a cricket score. An early goal or 2 is essential tomorrow, quieten their crowd down and hopefully a sucker punch before half time to completely kill them off. I'd hate to go into the last 10 minutes with only a goal separating us.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ya. If we can't win the league id rather see arsenal win it over Chelsea or city.

I'm convinced a couple of them rather Spurs win the league than us going by their thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,387 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ya. If we can't win the league id rather see arsenal win it over Chelsea or city.

I don't think the feeling is mutual. Yesterday a couple of them were saying they wouldn't mind seeing United win the CL as long as we finished 4th and it stopped us getting a CL spot.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'm convinced a couple of them rather Spurs win the league than us going by their thread!

Well I am going straight over there to ask...

knock-on-door.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

When we are drawn in the same group as Dortmund next season what way are your loyalties going to lie?

5starpool wrote: »
    When we are drawn in the same group as Dortmund next season what way are your loyalties going to lie?

:)

I'd hope it'd be two great games and both get out of the group ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Booo. Get off the fence.

1330361783_panda_falling.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Exactamundo...if a team featuring Djimi Traore at left back can win the Champions League then anything can happen ;)

In the midst of all the speculation here about how ManU will fare against Bayern, how would ye reckon Liverpool would do against them over two legs ???

A guaranteed goal fest imho, but don't think we would have enough in the tank tbh.

Djimi Traore had Rafa Benitez as manager, big difference to who united have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

We've already established this. A draw with Hazard being sent off for a steel chair shot to the head of Mourinho in a quite splendidly done swerve, thus Mourinho and Hazard, the latter being handed a heavy ban by the FA missing the rest of the season. Hopefully Arsenal's CB's get counted out or something.

Triple threat... Aguero, Negredo and Yaya enter the fray with some ladders!
    now we're talkin!

Last game of the group, both teams on 8 points, 1 team already through (Porto for example), and Suarez scores a last minute offside and handball goal to put LFC through.

What do you do in that instance? Is your sense of moral outrage balanced out by the Scott Tenenbaum salty tears licking side? Do you punch yourself in the face as your fist can't agree with your face on which team you like best?

Quite the dilemma ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Still bitter about the Suarez thing....despite the constant meltdowns in the United thread, theirs has been the funniest to lurk in all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Still bitter about the Suarez thing....despite the constant meltdowns in the United thread, theirs has been the funniest to lurk in all season.

Troops arriving in 3....2....

Grayditch wrote: »
    Troops arriving in 3....2....

'Hey football friends, lets both qualify for the Champions League'

I retract my statement anyway after this.
    kona wrote: »
    If we knock bayern out which is possible, Liverpool supporters will really ramp up the paranoia.

I think we can win, Infact we don't even need to beat them to go through lol.

Bayern... as in Bayern Munich... in football. Cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I ventured into the Utd thread. Somoene's posted how they have better strikers than ours. I think I went blind wehn I raed it.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I ventured into the Utd thread. Somoene's posted how they have better strikers than ours. I think I went blind wehn I raed it.

Van Persie is probably better than Aspas, so technically....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Form is the best way of predicting results generally. Bookies actually use it all the time.

Put your house on Bayern scoring four or more goals in that case. No way that bet would lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,387 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

gimli2112 wrote: »

Maybe a year ago but not any more. Not the top two anyway.

Though to be fair Welbeck is better than Aspas.:D

On the strikers thing, if you go at a squad level then they have better than us imo. van Persie, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck are a better overall group than Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas and whoever our 4th choice striker would be, even Borini.

I'd take the pairing of Sturridge/Suarez over van Persie/Rooney for sure though, but there may be a bit of inherent bias in that as well, even aside from the better goals return this season. It's not like it was Norwich fans saying they had better strikers than Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Maybe a year ago but not any more. Not the top two anyway.

Though to be fair Welbeck is better than Aspas.:D

I think Aspas had scored more in preseason than Welbeck had in the past 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I think Aspas had scored more in preseason than Welbeck had in the past 5 years.
    The only season that matters really innit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

On the strikers thing, if you go at a squad level then they have better than us imo. van Persie, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck are a better overall group than Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas and whoever our 4th choice striker would be, even Borini.

I'd take the pairing of Sturridge/Suarez over van Persie/Rooney for sure though, but there may be a bit of inherent bias in that as well, even aside from the better goals return this season. It's not like it was Norwich fans saying they had better strikers than Liverpool.

Hey, you take your logical argument and getthahellouttahere...

Hillsborough: Matches to kick off seven minutes late on 11-14 April

Every match in the top five leagues in England will kick off seven minutes late on 11-14 April to mark the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26685698

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hey guys, I just head that all matches played on the weekend of 11 - 14th will kickoff 7 minutes late in commeration of the 25th Anniversay of Hillsborough.

Now, now Lloyd. Play nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

What do we all want from The Arsenal v Chelsea game at the weekend?

A draw?

An Arsenal win. If we want to win the league, we need to make up ground on those ahead, rather then pull away from those behind

Just realised I had been posting about this on the United thread, though it was this one.

In our case,the whole is significantly stronger than the sum of the parts. United may have better strikers on an individual basis, but collectively ours have performed at a significantly higher level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

LiamoSail wrote: »
    An Arsenal win. If we want to win the league, we need to make up ground on those ahead, rather then pull away from those behind

Just realised I had been posting about this on the United thread, though it was this one.

In our case,the whole is significantly stronger than the sum of the parts. United may have better strikers on an individual basis, but collectively ours have performed at a significantly higher level
    They might (might!) have better players but we have a better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I'd have Suarez on his own over RVP & Rooney!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hey guys, I just head that all matches played on the weekend of 11 - 14th will kickoff 7 minutes late in commeration of the 25th Anniversay of Hillsborough.

Got a link?

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Now, now Lloyd. Play nice.

ooook, I'm guessing that it was discussed at length a million times already then? :D
    I actually just heard about it, and obviously didn't read it on here before.

I'll just go back to my cave, see you all in a month

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Mickalus wrote: »
    ooook, I'm guessing that it was discussed at length a million times already then? :D

It wasnt actually discussed in length. It was posted a couple of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

5live wrote: »
    They might (might!) have better players but we have a better team.

Football is a team game and Liverpool play as a team . It's very hard to get all 11 players to gel into one unit but BR had done this and now LFC are reaping the rewards for it . When a goal is scored every player celebrates it and is delighted to see another player score . Team spirit has been key to this season and long may it continue .

Got a link?

Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I've been waiting for that.

Said I wouldn't be the one to do it this time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

He was joking!! :D

(It's not the right link, Jodus...)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

LiamoSail wrote: »

Think the draw is best, obviously winning our game is the big deal.

But a draw in Chelsea vs Arsenal coupled with us winning this game and then our mid week game in hand on Chelsea would put us top.

So really I think it's advantageous for both to drop points. You'd have a point if we were further off the top but a draw is good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kate Cohen is the new Rick Roll. Fhact.

The only way it gets better/worse (perspective is key here), is if we could have, "Never Gonna Give You Up", blasting out every time you opened the article.

Knex. wrote: »
    Kate Cohen is the new Rick Roll. Fhact.

The only way it gets better/worse (perspective is key here), is if we could have, "Never Gonna Give You Up", blasting out every time you opened the article.

Or a bit of Phil Collins.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Cardiff hey...why do I have a bad feeling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It wasn't that long ago we were 2-1 down to Fulham with 20 minutes to go. S'amazing what a few results will do for your confidence.

Do Cardiff play in Red now? Our lucky Warrior away kit should be out again.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Cardiff hey...why do I have a bad feeling?

It's the built in defence mechanism in all Liverpool fans to potential failure when there is the chance of success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Mickalus wrote: »

Did you hear Hodgson got the sack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Football is a team game and Liverpool play as a team . It's very hard to get all 11 players to gel into one unit but BR had done this and now LFC are reaping the rewards for it . When a goal is scored every player celebrates it and is delighted to see another player score . Team spirit has been key to this season and long may it continue .

And what's even more impressive is that the players on the bench celebrate like mad men too even though some of them haven't played in weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

If any Liverpool, or for that matter, any Football "Fan" threatens to boycott watching their club over a signing, then in my book, that person is no Fan at all, and will not be missed.

I thanked your post...but...i boycotted watching Irish football after a few games under Stan the Man. He was sacked 4 days later.

I figured i had a magic touch and if i boycotted Trap he would be swiftly removed. Queue me missing a year of Irish international games (i did watch the England Ireland game, couldn't miss out on a piece of history because of my stubbornness).

Boycotting has its merits, but your not going to change anything on your own. Boycotting because of a signing is just mental.

• Advertisement

I'll boycott Liverpool matches if we sign that Lionel Messi lad from Barcelona this summer.

How is Jordan Ibe getting on at Birmingham? Is he playing at all?

I'll boycott Saulgoode and Rarnes. Though Saulgoode is probably Rarnes -_-

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Just found out Utd got Bayern in the CL. Absolutely LOLing around the house at the Utd fans who thought we'd be ****ting ourselves at the prospect of them winning the CL and us not getting into it if we end up 4th. Not a ****ing hope of it now, Bayern will destroy them. Can't wait to see it.

The more I worry about United, the worse they seem to do.

Looking for more ways to worry, but this Bayern thing is making it reeeeal hard.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement