Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BjRTyFdIAAEMM81.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Grayditch wrote: »
    The more I worry about United, the worse they seem to do.

Looking for more ways to worry, but this Bayern thing is making it reeeeal hard.

They have West Ham tomorrow...plenty of worrying to be done there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah now, I never said worry FOR them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

RVP out for 4-6 weeks. Bad to worse for them. What a cluster f€ck of a season for utd. We better cash in as it won't happen again IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

gafferino wrote: »
    RVP out for 4-6 weeks. Bad to worse for them. What a cluster f€ck of a season for utd. We better cash in as it won't happen again IMO.

Its kind of funny because before Wednesday the amount of utd supporters calling for RVP to be dropped and now its all doom and gloom that he's out injured. Personally I think it might suit utd as a team, having to play without him.

Edit: Its not funny that rvp is injured.

Lovely opening work from the U21s, forces first corner.

Disastrous moment from Brannagan, Newcastle score.

Dunn scores, great work - hustling the central defender and robs him.

1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

2-1

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hell must have froze over for the two seasons previous for him not to be injured as much as he has been.

Re: RVP ^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

2-1 to Liverpool. Dunn and Peterson with the Goals.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Hell must have froze over for the two seasons previous for him not to be injured as much as he has been.

He made a deal with this man and now he's come to collect :)
    angel%2Bheart%2Bde%2Bniro.jpg

• Advertisement

2-2, well taken by Aarons. Crazy open game

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Yeah he's been a sicknote throughout his career really

In fairness he took a fairly hard tackle the other night and was stretcher end off. Could happen anyone.

3-2 Liverpool great header

Rafael Paez scores his first goal for Liverpool 3-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Cardiff hey...why do I have a bad feeling?

I've had a bad feeling before every one of the last 5 games and we've won them all. I'd be worried if I didn't have a bad feeling at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Its kind of funny because before Wednesday the amount of utd supporters calling for RVP to be dropped and now its all doom and gloom that he's out injured. Personally I think it might suit utd as a team, having to play without him.

Edit: Its not funny that rvp is injured.

I always look at an injury like that and think - providing you've got sufficient squad depth - having one good player out gives others impetus to step up and take their opportunity. So it isn't always a bad thing.

United have plenty of cover in that department and others, so can even afford to change formation slightly to suit the fringe players.

We don't quite have that strength in depth this season up top. Been mostly OK in midfield. Been lucky enough I suppose with the back 4 as well with players that can play in a number of positions across the back.

All areas need at the very least 1 player that'll challenge for a starting position next year.

Any of the U-21's look ready to step up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

He made a deal with this man and now he's come to collect :)
    angel%2Bheart%2Bde%2Bniro.jpg

Is that Angelheart? Savage film!

Augmerson wrote: »
    Is that Angelheart? Savage film!

It is and you are right it is a savage film.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

It is and you are right it is a savage film.

Haven't seen it in years, that's going on the download tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

A mate of mine who is a die-hard Celtic fan and truly is a neutral when it comes to EPL, asked me before the Southampton game "Well Bren are you starting to believe?".
    I said no mate, if they win the next 3 games then I'll start to believe, so tomorrow is a massive game for me. If they win tomorrow then I will truly start to believe and I'll be honest that will be the first time this season when I'll dare to dream.
    C'mon the Pool. Getting exited now!!

A mate of mine who is a die-hard Celtic fan and truly is a neutral when it comes to EPL, asked me before the Southampton game "Well Bren are you starting to believe?".
    I said no mate, if they win the next 3 games then I'll start to believe, so tomorrow is a massive game for me. If they win tomorrow then I will truly start to believe and I'll be honest that will be the first time this season when I'll dare to dream.
    C'mon the Pool. Getting exited now!!

Yeah, tomorrow is the same for me. Win and I'll start taking it that we are really in the title race. I'd still have City and Chelsea as favourites ahead of us. To be where we are is just fantastic though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I've had a bad feeling before every one of the last 5 games and we've won them all. I'd be worried if I didn't have a bad feeling at this stage.

Same here. Bricking it before every game but loving it too.

A few weeks ago,can't remember who we were playing,my wife came into the sitting room and said "why are you laughing watching football?" and I said "cos we're ridiculously good this season,it's bloody great".

A few weeks ago,can't remember who we were playing,my wife came into the sitting room and said "why are you laughing watching football?" and I said "cos we're ridiculously good this season,it's bloody great".

My wife never sees me when comes in during a game as I'm always behind the curtains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I can only watch matches in the pub these days, I can't handle the pressure at home watching by myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Cant wait to see the Robben vs Büttner battle..hehe :v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Mickalus wrote: »
    I always look at an injury like that and think - providing you've got sufficient squad depth - having one good player out gives others impetus to step up and take their opportunity. So it isn't always a bad thing.

United have plenty of cover in that department and others, so can even afford to change formation slightly to suit the fringe players.

We don't quite have that strength in depth this season up top. Been mostly OK in midfield. Been lucky enough I suppose with the back 4 as well with players that can play in a number of positions across the back.

All areas need at the very least 1 player that'll challenge for a starting position next year.

Any of the U-21's look ready to step up?

I was more leaning towards the setup and how the chosen one might bring mata in more centrally and move rooney further forward.

Our lack of depth might just be our downfall in this final run in, when you look at the strenght of the squads chelsea and city have , all you can do is hope we can keep the core of our team injury free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Feel like it's said every week now but 3 points are really vital this weekend. Especially as one or both of Chelsea/Arsenal will be dropping points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

http://lockerdome.com/footballnews1/6170047139808833/6460857664147729

Benfica boss Jorge Jesus has admitted Liverpool's interest in £25million-rated striker Rodrigo Moreno.

How's your record?

100% win rate. Only 1 game but we won :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

100% win rate. Only 1 game but we won :)

Whatever about your win rate that could be one of the greatest match thread op's ever.

L21s

FT 5-2 its rarely dull when Liverpool play Newcastle.

Goals from Jack Dunn x2, Rafa Paez, Kris Peterson x2

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Whatever about your win rate that could be one of the greatest match thread op's ever.

Instantly regretted it tbh. I never had much time for all that "Jinx" stuff but everyone goes on about it so much in here it must have seeped into my brain.

As soon as I started that thread I thought "Shit,if we lose it'll be my fault".

Ridiculous I suppose but it's Friday night and I just had a Jamaican Woodbine so I might have been a bit paranoid heh heh.

I shall be rooting for Sunderland tomorrow, hope they stuff Norwich.

Oh yeah, one game at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sturridge interview

http://dailym.ai/1nKJXo2

Sturridge: "When we were at Chelsea together he [Torres] would say, “That club is the best I have played for".

"They [Torres & Benayoun] said the fans will make you feel amazing and, at the time, I thought I need a bit of that in my life."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sturridge interview

http://dailym.ai/1nKJXo2

Sturridge: "When we were at Chelsea together he [Torres] would say, “That club is the best I have played for".

"They [Torres & Benayoun] said the fans will make you feel amazing and, at the time, I thought I need a bit of that in my life."

Ha. Mourinho will love Torres saying that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oh, delicious.

Daniel-Sturridge-dance.gif
    tumblr_m9nxxxCkIJ1r3p0vko1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Would love to have Torres back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

xabi wrote: »

Torres of old yeah, but no way now.

Aspas >

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Why?

He ****ed us over on transfer day, that bridge is well burnt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

There's always one, who says that.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Shirley it was the arsenal game, I was in knots laughing at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Shirley it was the arsenal game, I was in knots laughing at it.

I do it every time we're leading 2/3-0. I get a fit of the giggles. :)

garra wrote: »
    There's always one, who says that.. :rolleyes:

In fairness, I'd have him back over Aspas or Borini.

A wee grope around the shoulder by BR could be all that Torres needs.

I forgave Suarez so then I should manage forgetting what Torres done(if he could become Torres of old)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Why?

He ****ed us over on transfer day, that bridge is well burnt!

****ed us over? The club got £50m so it wasn't all bad!! Okay fair enough, the way the transfer was handled with a bit messy but lets not lose sight of the fact he was a very good player for Liverpool and gave the club a lot of special moments!

I'd say there is a lot yet to be revealed about Torres leaving Liverpool. I'd imagine he received his fair share of broken promises (Hicks and Gillett) and by the time Benitez left and it came to the Hodgson era he knew Liverpool was on a downward spiral and probably had his heart set on leaving in late 2010 regardless of new ownership or management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Torres was fantastic. But we got the best out of him. And made a tidy bit from selling him on. He offers nothing more than we have already.

The only thing i hated when he left was he went to Chelsea. This quote sums that move for me.
    I hope to play a lot of years or maybe even finish my career here. I don't know, but Liverpool is my English team and I don't think about playing for another one

A year and a bit later he left for Chelsea. Could have been a legend at Anfield but instead choose Chelsea, picking up some titles being a squad player whilst earning more money. He was never loved at Chelsea, and for large periods probably not even liked. I'm not sure if that would even bother him at the end of the day.

That would probably sum up the modern footballer anyway would it not?

I'm ****ing hammered....and I want Torres back. I forgive you Fernando....they tricked you and us it's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

gafferino wrote: »
    I'm ****ing hammered....and I want Torres back. I forgive you Fernando....they tricked you and us it's ok.

Ah no. He'd sulk because he wouldn't be the main man. He had his day with us leave it at that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement