Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

amber69 wrote: »
    Ah no. He'd sulk because he wouldn't be the main man. He had his day with us leave it at that.

Torres?

Meh. Just, meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Shirley it was the arsenal game, I was in knots laughing at it.

Yeah,I think it was. I was in bits by the 20th minute.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Torres was absolutely fantastic for us but those final few games and the manner of his exit casts a big shadow over his longterm status at the club.

There is a good debate on Twitter about it and I have to agree that he might have said those nice things to Sturridge about the club, but actions speak loader than words and his apathy and sulking in those final months speak louder.

also another good point I read was the best game he played in his final months was against Chelsea when the Torres of old showed up. ...wonder how/why that happened!?

I hold him no grudge and really hope he gets back to Athletico and finds some form in the last few years of his career.

But thats the past and we bought a true LFC legend in the making with the fee we got.......Mr Luis Suarez.

so not all bad :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Nothing beats cup final morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

gafferino wrote: »
    I'm ****ing hammered....and I want Torres back. I forgive you Fernando....they tricked you and us it's ok.

You didn't drunk text him, did you? Tut, tut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ya know what, I always get Gafferhino and grayditch mixed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Simple solution Starscream is to remember people by their avatars.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

mayordenis wrote: »
    Nothing beats cup final morning.

Up since 6, was in bed at 10 last night, such an exciting day ahead! Gonna head to FXB's and buy some rashers, sausages and eggs. Bit of FIFA (liverpool are class in seasons right now), some breakfast, Arsenal v Chelsea draw, and the main event @ 3.

On a side note: anyone up for a game of FIFA?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There is a reason for that.... it involves rarnes...... and Saulgoode :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I leave the missus to arrange our daughters birthday party for today. I casually ask what time she has said the party runs from. 3 to 5 she says.

I reckon that I'm going to have to hide a laptop in the jacks in advance....the one that the party goers will not be using.
    Then I'll have to fake having the trots and disappear for 45 minutes. Mist some water on my face, add some sweat stains to my shirt and then re-appear for half time. 13 minutes later, an audible 'ooooooouuuooo', 30 seconds later, an even louder one, grab stomach, slightly lean over. 20 seconds later, to the can I go just in time for the second half. I'll try to even grab some birthday party snacks on the way if no-one is looking.
    Then for real authenticity, come down after the final whistle in a change of clothes asking if anyone knows the score and watch all the kids going loopers when their collective sugar rush kicks in.

The things I do for LFC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

NukaCola wrote: »
    A year and a bit later he left for Chelsea. Could have been a legend at Anfield but instead choose Chelsea, picking up some titles being a squad player whilst earning more money. He was never loved at Chelsea, and for large periods probably not even liked. I'm not sure if that would even bother him at the end of the day.

That would probably sum up the modern footballer anyway would it not?

That just shows he is a professional. The irony in the criticism Torres receives from Liverpool fans (and I have been guilty myself) is that what motivated his move to Chelsea was the same as what motivated his move to Liverpool.

If he was ever going to fore sake trophies in order to become a club legend, he would have done that at Atletico. But he didn't,mhe left Atletico to play at a higher level, and when it became apparent that Liverpool could no longer reach that level, he did the same again.

He was a great player for us and we got a great fee for him. Can't blame him for leaving, in nine out of ten players, the chance to play at a higher level and win trophies will always take priority over becoming a club legend. While I resent him going to Chelsea of all clubs, I don't think there were all that many options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

We obviously want a draw in the Che/Ars game but an Arsenal win and a Liv win will see us only a point behind Chelsea with a game in hand. A Chelsea win and a Liv win see us pull away from Arsenal. Whatever the result we must win today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus last time we played a cup final against Cardiff it went to penos.

Can't be handling that today :) :P

We obviously want a draw in the Che/Ars game but an Arsenal win and a Liv win will see us only 2 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. A Chelsea win and a Liv win see us pull away from Arsenal. Whatever the result we must win today.

An Arsenal win and Liverpool win would see us a point behind no?

it would be 2 points if Chelsea Arsenal is a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Vicxas wrote: »
    Jesus last time we played a cup final against Cardiff it went to penos.

Can't be handling that today :) :P
    We won last week's shootout:-)

Up since 6, was in bed at 10 last night, such an exciting day ahead! Gonna head to FXB's and buy some rashers, sausages and eggs. Bit of FIFA (liverpool are class in seasons right now), some breakfast, Arsenal v Chelsea draw, and the main event @ 3.

On a side note: anyone up for a game of FIFA?

I'm six sizable rashers into the day, we'll see where it goes from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I leave the missus to arrange our daughters birthday party for today. I casually ask what time she has said the party runs from. 3 to 5 she says.

I reckon that I'm going to have to hide a laptop in the jacks in advance....the one that the party goers will not be using.
    Then I'll have to fake having the trots and disappear for 45 minutes. Mist some water on my face, add some sweat stains to my shirt and then re-appear for half time. 13 minutes later, an audible 'ooooooouuuooo', 30 seconds later, an even louder one, grab stomach, slightly lean over. 20 seconds later, to the can I go just in time for the second half. I'll try to even grab some birthday party snacks on the way if no-one is looking.
    Then for real authenticity, come down after the final whistle in a change of clothes asking if anyone knows the score and watch all the kids going loopers when their collective sugar rush kicks in.

The things I do for LFC.

Overthinking it a bit - just persuade the daughter to have a liverpool themed party in exchange for... whatever - they can be bought. Then it's Beatles, Cilla Black, match on in the corner, Tom Baker...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Its amazing how we are now a free scoring attacking team, second in the league and a real contender for a champions league place (and still in the running for that which cannot be said) but we are all bricking it going to Cardiff .

Going 1 or 2 nil up doesnt even settle the nerves these days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Ah lads it will be fine...we will outscore them whatever they do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Had a dream we lost 2-0.

For some reason we had the beanpole Nikola Zigic playing for us left-wing, so I wouldn't put too much faith in my premonition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I'm the good looking one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

gafferino wrote: »
    I'm the good looking one.

I'd shift ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Torres lost his mojo in the same way Fowler and Owen did.

And it ain't coming back.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I had a dream where Torres had his pace back and scored goals regularly, but then I woke up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Nothing but a win today will do obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wisdom is starting right back as always for derby on ss1 for anyone interested

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Morzadec wrote: »
    Had a dream we lost 2-0.

For some reason we had the beanpole Nikola Zigic playing for us left-wing, so I wouldn't put too much faith in my premonition!

I had a dream we lost 2-1. We had an injury crisis going into the match and some of the lads from the Easter Monday charity game were there and had to be called into the squad. Carragher started and got sent off in the 10th minute, and they scored the penalty. Then I stopped watching in my dream, but noted when I checked the scores later that Hyypia scored in the 86th minute to give us a glimmer of hope, but alas.

Hardly going to happen either I'd say. Hopefully the scoreline won't anyhow, whatever about the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The things I do for LFC.

You could just put it on a telly in the house an watch it without sound . You could do what I did for my younger brothers birthday just put the telly on and refuse to turn it off .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd shift ya.

Just logged on for the banter, see your post

tumblr_lpqojyk9k11qbadqqo1_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Overthinking it a bit - just persuade the daughter to have a liverpool themed party in exchange for... whatever - they can be bought. Then it's Beatles, Cilla Black, match on in the corner, Tom Baker...

I wasn't in charge of the theme I'm afraid, so it's some sort of princess tea party.
    You could just put it on a telly in the house an watch it without sound . You could do what I did for my younger brothers birthday just put the telly on and refuse to turn it off .

I don't think that would fly in my house. I'd look away for a minute, and when I look back, Dora would be off exploring somewhere.

I wasn't in charge of the theme I'm afraid, so it's some sort of princess tea party.

I don't think that would fly in my house. I'd look away for a minute, and when I look back, Dora would be off exploring somewhere.

At the risk of getting banned from Anfield, man up dude! Next time you won't leave it to chance, and you'll make sure it is 1-3.

Hide the remote control , if Liverpool are playing I'm watching it no one will stop me . I have even watched a game at a wedding !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

So a win today and we pull clear of Arsenal, no way they're coming back from this first 7 minutes.

So a win today and we pull clear of Arsenal, no way they're coming back from this first 7 minutes.

I'm just hoping this Chelsea doesn't come to anfield.

No chance, Mourinho will come to Anfield and set up for a draw.

• Advertisement

No team will want to come to Anfield .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Liverpool U-18s lost 1-2 to Man City.

Should have ended in a Draw, but their Keeper made a really Good Save in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Going well for Liverpool so far, sure a draw would have been nice but it was always unlikely. Arsenal defeat should and LFC win will mean 3rd is about 77% likely.

mike65 wrote: »
    Going well for Liverpool so far, sure a draw would have been nice but it was always unlikely. Arsenal defeat should and LFC win will mean 3rd is about 77% likely.

3-0, down to 10 men, wrong player sent off.
    We HAVE to win today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Chelsea doing a Liverpool here

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Chelsea doing a Liverpool here

Chelsea were always the same at home. Well for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Still only 3 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Chelsea were always the same at home. Well for the most part.

Yeah but they have scored 3 in the first 15 mins against Arsenal, we started the 'fad' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fcuk arsenal anyway i was hoping for a draw tbh, i want the title

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Come on liverpool!

(and to a lesser extent City)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Come on liverpool!

(and to a lesser extent City)

Can't believe Wenger didn't learn from the 5-1 at Anfield, too much room behind your back four.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

I'd rather Arsenal or City win the League, if we can't win it.

Anyone but Chelsea for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Can't believe Wenger didn't learn from the 5-1 at Anfield, too much room behind your back four.

it's literally unbelievable.

But f*ck it, our slim title chance is gone now. Liverpool are the most deserving, if they can go on and do the business.

Hopefully an FA cup for Arsenal, but these capitulations have certainly taken the shine of this season so far. Hard to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sturridge giving interview on Sky.

He said the first bit of good advice BR gave him was to see a psychiatrist about regaining his confidence.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-striker-daniel-sturridge-6246543

Hide the remote control , if Liverpool are playing I'm watching it no one will stop me . I have even watched a game at a wedding !

I did the same thing, watched our 6-0 win over Newcastle at a wedding on my phone while the meal was on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement