Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another one for the collection.
    WINoKNn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Hoki wrote: »
    Its in City's hands at this moment in time . If they win all their games and lose at Anfield they still win the league even if we win every game til the end of the season.

Na, It's in Chelsea's..

...a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

what's the book on the ground??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Delighted with the win today. Hard to believe we are in a title race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

billy2012 wrote: »

How to have a body like Jose Enrique in 10 easy steps.

Lads are leaving the dressing room in a shocking state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We need city to slip up at least once and beat them, tis a tough ask tbf but hears hoping

billy2012 wrote: »

Solskjaer's bitter book of lemons.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We need city to slip up at least once and beat them, tis a tough ask tbf but hears hoping
    City's next 4 games.

United (A)
    Arsenal (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Liverpool (A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Will we not be two points clear if we just beat them?

You're right. My math sucks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Hoki wrote: »
    the bitterness is strong in this one

Makes it all the sweeter after he takes Cardiff down it's back to some unknown Scandinavian club for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Solskjaer was a Liverpool supporter according to Vegard Heggem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Makes it all the sweeter after he takes Cardiff down it's back to some unknown Scandinavian club for him

solskjaer needs to take a leaf out of the kew tour's book

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Another one for the collection.
    WINoKNn.jpg

Some little ****er is after sitting on that and make it egg-shaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Fcuk me lads, did anyone in their wildest dreams even think we would get this close?

We have Chelsea and City to play, both times at home. If we win both matches, you would think that makes us Champions.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, as I remember seeing a lot of "no way we can make top 4 now" comments at the end of January. It makes me worried that some people in here might think they know more than they do. :(

In all seriousness, it's nice to be up there but 2nd or 3rd will be more than enough for this season and hopefully we can push on to really compete in the next 2 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Didn't think we'd make top 4 in Jan, with the lack of new signings, and the defence acting the fool so much.

Rodger's stepped up his tactics and the forwards went on a mad one. Might even make top 4...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, as I remember seeing a lot of "no way we can make top 4 now" comments at the end of January. It makes me worried that some people in here might think they know more than they do. :(

In all seriousness, it's nice to be up there but 2nd or 3rd will be more than enough for this season and hopefully we can push on to really compete in the next 2 seasons.

Honestly don't believe that we'll have a better chance of lifting the PL trophy for a while. I acknowledge we are where we are because we deserve to be but I never in my craziest dreams expected this.
    Just win our remaining games and GD won't come into it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

That was f**kin beautiful to watch today. Midfield in control, full-backs in full flight, Johnno's best game in yonks. The front quartet scintillating. Such a confidence running through the whole team. Second half was a performance of a team who know they can score at any opportunity and have their destiny in their own hands.

Sure we're dodgy as hell sometimes at the back but the goals conceded today were individual errors (Allen & Gerrard) As Rodgers says we're on the back of 2 strong away clean-sheets. I can't wait for our next match!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Skrtel is level on goals with £26 million Goldado :eek: :D

Johnson was great at getting forward today, the 1st goal was an absolute beauty!!

Skrtel reborn
    Centre-back Martin Skrtel has scored more Premier League goals than former team-mate Fernando Torres this season and the Slovakian epitomises Liverpool's flawed-but-fantastic performances. Peter Fraser analyses Saturday's thrilling win at Cardiff City...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9227310/skrtel-reborn

• Advertisement

Skrtel is level on goals with £26 million Goldado :eek: :D

Still wish we had Soldado. So we could play him at the back. Goals don't happen wherever he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

emmmm, hang on,why wait 2 years ..were up there now, 2nd or 3rd is in no way enough since we are this close..

go for the jugular

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Skrtel has scored the same amount of league goals this season as Andy Carroll did in his entire Liverpool career.

We've come a long way since this time 2 years ago, scoring 6 goals away is some joy to watch. :)

barone wrote: »
    emmmm, hang on,why wait 2 years ..were up there now, 2nd or 3rd is in no way enough since we are this close..

go for the jugular
    We will have Champions League distractions next year.

I get the feel that this might actually be our big chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Luis Suarez (28 league goals) now 4 points ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo (25 league goals) in the Golden Shoe ranking.

Nope, Zlatan 30, Ronnie 29, Luis 28.

No pens and fewer matches, hope he catches those two muppets :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Everyone ready to shout for Unireh on Tuesday?

Come on Unireh!

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1759064/daniel-sturridge-reveals-fernando-torres-influence-signing-liverpool?cc=5739
    Daniel Sturridge has revealed to the Daily Mail how former Liverpool striker Fernando Torres convinced him that moving to Anfield was the right choice.

Sturridge has scored 28 goals in 35 league games since heading north from Chelsea, where he endured a disappointing four-year spell.

The England international has revealed how he spoke to Torres, who enjoyed a prolific time in front of the Kop before heading to Stamford Bridge in a British record 50 million-pound deal, prior to joining the Merseyside club.

"[Torres] always spoke very highly about Liverpool," Sturridge told the Daily Mail.

"When we were at Chelsea together he would say, 'Liverpool are amazing'. It wasn’t just him -- it was Yossi Benayoun as well. They both said, 'That club is the best I have played for’.

"They said the fans will make you feel amazing and, at the time, I thought I need a bit of that in my life because I was low right then.

"I need to feel good about myself, so it was an easy decision to come here. My dad [Michael], my uncle [Dean, the former Derby striker] and I all shared the same opinion: this was the best place to go.

"When Liverpool came in, it was one of those situations that I just wanted to get up the M6 as quick as possible, sign on the dotted line and get to work.

"I was desperate to get here and show what I could do. I was hungry and I am still hungry. There is so much for us to achieve."
    Sorry if this is a repost.

Nope Zlatan 30, Ronnie 29, Luis 28.

No pens and fewer matches, hope he catches those two muppets :D

Ibrahimović has 25 and C.Ronaldo has 25.

Or did both players get 5 and 4 retrospectively in games that PSG and Real did not play.?

Or are you just drunk happy maybe :)

Come on Unireh!
    180px-FC_Unirea_Voluntari_Urziceni.png
    This Unirea? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

BBC1 at 10.30pm
    #‎MOTD‬ 1.Chelsea/Arsenal, 2.Cardiff/Liverpool, 3.Man City/Fulham, 4.West Ham/Man Utd, 5.Norwich/Sunderland, 6.Everton/Swansea, 7.Hull/West Brom, 8.Newcastle/Crystal Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

If you look at Chelsea's fixtures you would expect:

Palace (A) - WIN
    Stoke (H) - WIN
    Swansea (A) - WIN
    Sunderland (H) - WIN
    Liverpool (A) - ???
    Norwich (H) - WIN
    Cardiff (A) - WIN.

Them 6 potential wins would leave Chelsea on 87, and possibly more depending on the result at Anfield. Considering Chelsea wont slip up in them 6 games, they look very good and 87 points looks unassailable unless Liverpool are 100% perfect and City almost perfect.

Liverpool's fixtures:

Sunderland (H)- WIN
    Spurs (H) - WIN
    West Ham (A) - WIN
    City (H) - ???
    Norwich (A) - WIN
    Chelsea (H) - ???
    Palace (A) - WIN
    Newcastle (H) - WIN

So Liverpool have their 6 ''bankers'' too. Which would get them up to 83 points. So 2 wins vrs City and Chelsea would give them 89, and pretty much make them champions. But winning every single game? I dunno. Certaintly in with a shout but I think they made need another slip from Chelsea along the way.

City's fixtures:

United (A) - ???
    Arsenal (A) - ???
    Southampton (H) - WIN
    Liverpool (A) - ???
    Sunderland (H) - WIN
    West Brom (H) - WIN
    Palace (A) - WIN
    Everton (A) - ???
    Villa (H) - WIN
    West Ham (H) - WIN

City have 6 ''bankers'' there. Which would guarantee them 81 points. Meaning they need just 6 more from their 4 games at United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton to get to Chelsea's 87 points (and overtake them on goal difference). Can City find 2 wins from them 4 games? Or 3 draws and 1 win?

Anyhow, for City 87 is the magic number.
    Its looking like 88 is the number for Chelsea/Liverpool.

How can you call this? Never seen it as close between 3 teams at this stage.

Jaysus lads, getting shot of Carroll for £17M was a lucky break. He's so one dimensional it's unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Suarez scores another hatrick and BBC headline is "Rooney Runs Riot", English bias there is unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Come on Unireh!

Nope I honestly hope city stuff them 0-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

murpho999 wrote: »
    Suarez scores another hatrick and BBC headline is "Rooney Runs Riot", English bias there is unreal.

Possible it's to boost morale for the England squad.

Jaysus lads, getting shot of Carroll for £17M was a lucky break. He's so one dimensional it's unreal.

Not to mention ridiculously injury prone. We got a great deal after an terrible one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

if you look at chelsea

FFS you could of used spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Don't forget Joe Cole and Stewart Downing.

God bless Big Sam!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Is Kompany missing for the United game?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Rega wrote: »
    Don't forget Joe Cole and Stewart Downing.

God bless Big Sam!

Ugh. Shivver!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Anything other than a City win for me but best result would have to be a utd win.

BR reaction to utd win
    maw330Q.gif

United win for me. We are actually IN a title race, whether we want to be or not ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

No.

Only had a one match ban.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That would be all sorts of a bad result for us. Utd win or draw is far more preferable, although I won't be actively cheering utd, but I want them to win.
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

murpho999 wrote: »

Thought they played West Ham & not Millwall :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Just after watching Stewart downing Christ he is shocking

Utd win please. They are more or less insignificant in the top 4 race.

They might go into it now with a bit of confidence anyway.

Can't see them winning it but might sneak a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

This makes no sense, unless you are a city fan...

brevity wrote: »
    This makes no sense, unless you are a city fan...

Man U win 1-0 :o:( in the 90th min then Rooney gets sent off.

Hows That.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Man U win 1-0 :o:( in the 90th min then Rooney gets sent off.

Hows That.?

22 man brawl, match has to be abandoned, neither team awarded points.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement