Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Can't you just want United to win?

They are irrelevant this season. In fact, there are two very good reasons why we might want them to finish the season very well. They are:

Europa League
    David Moyes' job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Skrtel is level on goals with £26 million Goldado :eek: :D

Not taken a pen either

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Utd won't win.

next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

22 man brawl, match has to be abandoned, neither team awarded points.

And Chelsea to be deducted points cos it's all Mourinho will comment on in his press conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

billy2012 wrote: »

I'd swap his 2 for not conceeding 3 today tbh. The amount of goals conceded is almost funny.

On the topic of winning the league, the only way it'll happen is with 8 wins. Hopefully it doesn't end with us beating City and Chelsea then dropping stupid points at Palace or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Utd won't win.

next.

This.

I think they'll roll over to avoid handing us a decent shot at the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

I'd swap his 2 for not conceeding 3 today tbh. The amount of goals conceded is almost funny.

Not a chance, we are sh*te at Defending.

But our Attack. WOW, It's a mesmerising unstoppable force.

Defence = crap, but I'll take it.

Next year we might be.........?

OK time to get drunk......stay happy Kopties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Super-Rush wrote: »
    This.

I think they'll roll over to avoid handing us a decent shot at the title.

Utd winning would simply hand the title to Chelsea.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mike65 wrote: »
    Utd winning would simply hand the title to Chelsea.

That's the spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

In a way nervy wins like today's are very important. They let us know our weaknesses at the back, and test the resolve of the front. They're huge for the team, showing increased effort when the chips are down produces results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You have to want Utd to win. They are irrelevant to us now and it's just like cheering for any old midtable side against our rivals.

And if they lose we get to lol anyway so it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Game to game is the way Liverpool should be looking and no further. Every single game is a cup final that's a fact not a cliche.

We cannot drop any points as I don't expect Chelsea and Man City to drop many other than our games of course.

Spurs at home next week is next. Big effort to claim 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Game to game is the way Liverpool should be looking and no further. Every single game is a cup final that's a fact not a cliche.

We cannot drop any points as I don't expect Chelsea and Man City to drop many other than our games of course.

Spurs at home next week is next. Big effort to claim 3 points.

Sunderland first if we're looking game to game. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You have to want Utd to win.

I just cant do it......

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Sunderland first if we're looking game to game. :)

That's right , our re fixture.

If we were to lose to Man City and Chelsea, would anyone be worried of Everton catching us for 4th?

As much as Rodger's seems like a lovely fella, it really wouldn't surprise me to hear him and Pascoe had every player's loved ones kidnapped and held on an oil tanker, the way we're refusing to lose, lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If we were to lose to Man City and Chelsea, would anyone be worried of Everton catching us for 4th?

Not in the slightest. Everton have to play Arsenal and ManCity also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1 Chelsea ------------31 +39 - 69
     -
     -
     -
     2 Liverpool------------20 +44- [B]65[/B]
     -
     3 Manchester City ---27 + 49 - 63
     4 Arsenal-------------29 +19 - 62
     -
     -
     -
     -
     -
     -
     5 Everton------------- 29 +13 [B]54[/B] 
     6 Tottenham---------- 30 -1 53 
     -
     7 Man United----------29 +14 51

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

You know those games that, as they go on, the tactical nous, the experience and the cool heads seem to go out the window, and the occasion just takes over? The 'next goal the winner' games? Like the 4-3 games against Newcastle in '96 and '97? The 4-4 against Chelsea in '09 in the CL and the 4-4 against Arsenal the same year?

Well, that's what this season feels like to me. It's a 'next goal the winner' season. Not that we haven't had great tactics in games etc., but it's been very exciting and the 'occasion' is taking over, especially as we get near the end of the season.

I think we could win the league, but we realistically need to win the last 8 games, especially as Man City are now out of Europe. If we win those last 8 games, we're guaranteed 2nd, and if City drop more points (apart from us beating them) then we'd be guaranteed the league.

It's a massive task, it's basically winning 14 games in a row (and if you do that, you really 'deserve' the title). So right now, while we could win the league, I don't believe we will (though I'm *very* confident of top 4, and maybe even top 3). If we win the next 6 games, which includes City and Chelsea, then I'll believe.

Either way, it's been an amazing season, so much more than we could have hoped for...

J.

mike65 wrote: »
     1 Chelsea ------------31 +39 - 69
     2 Liverpool------------30 +44- [B]65[/B]
     3 Manchester City ---27 + 49 - 63
     4 Arsenal-------------29 +19 - 62
     5 Everton------------- 29 +13 [B]54[/B] 
     6 Tottenham---------- 30 -1 53 
     7 Man United----------29 +14 51

No.

We're 11 ahead and they have a game in hand. So if they win that, We're 8 ahead. If we were to lose to Chelsea and Man City and they win their respective games we're only 2 points ahead.

That's my point in a nutshell really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

We're 11 ahead and they have a game in hand. So if they win that, We're 8 ahead. If we were to lose to Chelsea and Man City and they win their respective games we're only 2 points ahead.

They'd need to be near perfect until the end of the season.

Also, Arsenal should be more worried about Everton than us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This gave me a giggle

BjW5P2YCEAA3BoA.jpg:large

But Im easily amused

Crazy season. Consequences will never be the same.

They'd need to be near perfect until the end of the season.

Also, Arsenal should be more worried about Everton than us

I still think we might have a small chance of winning the PL but being realistic, I think we be fighting it out with Arsenal for third/forth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Another thing about today's game is that it could be potentially be that only our next game is against a side facing relegation.

At that end of the table we have Norwich and Palace left so hopefully they will be safe when they play us and not much left to fight for.

West Ham and Newcastle also just playing mid table.

Win games against Chelsea and City and we really are in with a shout.

But, Sunderland first of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Enough with the football chat...there's more important matters at hand.

2 match threads. 2 wins. 16 goals.

I am the king of match threads,no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

murpho999 wrote: »
    Another thing about today's game is that it could be potentially be that only our next game is against a side facing relegation.

At that end of the table we have Norwich and Palace left so hopefully they will be safe when they play us and not much left to fight for.

West Ham and Newcastle also just playing mid table.

Win games against Chelsea and City and we really are in with a shout.

But, Sunderland first of course.

We'll destroy Sunderland and make Barry Glendenning cry. Which is a pity cos I like him. Still...all's fair in love and football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Daniel Sturridge
    @D_Sturridge
    Buzzing to help the team win!! Striving to be second to none... 8 more cup finals. #focused #redordead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Daniel Sturridge
    @D_Sturridge
    Buzzing to help the team win!! Striving to be second to none... 8 more cup finals. #focused #redordead

That's the attitude we need!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

brevity wrote: »
    This makes no sense, unless you are a city fan...

I will never shout for a team whose supporters sing songs about our fans being murderers. Every defeat that inflicts misery on that shower and especially a hammering from their local rivals is a thing of beauty. Of course it doesn't help us winning the league but we can't count on other teams doing us favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well enrique is alive atleast

299754.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

im loving watching MOTD this season,
    cant remember watching it this many times

I will never shout for a team whose supporters sing songs about our fans being murderers. Every defeat that inflicts misery on that shower and especially a hammering from their local rivals is a thing of beauty. Of course it doesn't help us winning the league but we can't count on other teams doing us favours.

Imo we should want what ever help we can get and if that involves a win for utd, then so be it. The most important league campaign for many years, I'll take a league win in whatever circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

There'll be a lot more misery on them if we knock them off their effing perch.

Come on United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

22 man brawl, match has to be abandoned, neither team awarded points.

United win 4 - 0, Rooney injures Aguero in a horrific tackle (Enough to put him out for the next 5 games), Toure floors Rooney over the tackle on Aguero, Silva gets in on the act and throws a head-butt at Mata breaking his nose, a mass brawl breaks out which involves another altercation between De Gea and Hart, Hart gets sent off, Toure is sent off, Silva is sent off, Aguero is out for at least 5 games, City drop 3 points and are missing key players for the next 4 to 5 games...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

im loving watching MOTD this season,
    cant remember watching it this many times

Im loving it too but i do miss a good few of them because i'd be out on the beer celebrating a pool win :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

tony1980 wrote: »
    United win 4 - 0, Rooney injures Aguero in a horrific tackle (Enough to put him out for the next 5 games), Toure floors Rooney over the tackle on Aguero, Silva gets in on the act and throws a head-butt at Mata breaking his nose, a mass brawl breaks out which involves another altercation between De Gea and Hart, Hart gets sent off, Toure is sent off, Silva is sent off, Aguero is out for at least 5 games, City drop 3 points and are missing key players for the next 4 to 5 games...:D

Satan comes up from Hell to get his payment for the 20 years of Devil-magic the rest of the league had to endure from the Mancs and collects all 22 players' souls.

But when it comes to David Moyes, Satan gives him a knowing smile, has a chuckle and heads on home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭deeks

At 1-0 down and even 2-1 down today I never felt for a second that we wouldn't win the game. I'm an eternal pessimist so thats saying something. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Everton games at home to Arsenal and City will be interesting. They also have Manchester United. I'm not too worried about them at the moment, they were ahead of us 11 games ago but we've really put the boot down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

This season so far makes me happy.

9808d1233182269-transformers-transformers_g1_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

isnt suarez just class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Like a few others here, watching the match earlier I never felt the result was in doubt.

Just a great team to watch and support. I ****ing love the pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

In commentary today, they said that Suarez watches his seasons goals on the bus on the way to the games and that they are going to have lenghten the bus journeys to give him time to view all the goals :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Think you mean Sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

djPSB wrote: »
    In commentary today, they said that Suarez watches his seasons goals on the bus on the way to the games and that they are going to have lenghten the bus journeys to give him time to view all the goals :pac:
    Sturridge I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

djPSB wrote: »

Sturridge that is

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Some great post cards of the games so far by this guy http://davewill.bigcartel.com/

example's

Week_21.jpg

Week_28.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lads is match of the day on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gonna suffer through Russell Brand to watch the highlights....Linekar has quite the smile over the Chelsea rout.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement