Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

MarkY91 wrote: »
    so cringeworthy hearing the fans singing were GONNA win the league today. we have a good chance. it will be a very tough job to finish above city and chelsea.

You're dead right. Football fans should sing more realistic things like "Now you're gonna believe us, we're hoping our team can win the league but know that it will be difficult because other teams are in a slightly better position than us at the moment"

Trips off the tongue really well. You're life must be miserable if you have no hope in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

so cringeworthy hearing the fans singing were GONNA win the league today. we have a good chance. it will be a very tough job to finish above city and chelsea.

I'd say you're great craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nothing cringey about the travelling fans having a bit of belief and showing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Never for a minute would I have imagined him gaining such success in tv from the days of him interviewing clubbers while working for mtv.

I remember seeing him at creamfields in 2000 i think ,he was doing mtv dance and coked to the eyeballs :D he's come a very long way since then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I remember seeing him at creamfields in 2000 i think ,he was doing mtv dance and coked to the eyeballs :D he's come a very long way since then

You should feel lucky he didn't try and ride you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

dont get me wrong. i have lots of belief. but that chant is so cringey unless youre like 5 points clear with a few games to go.

nothing to do with "being good craic" just not getting ahead of myself ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I thought this post in the utd thread was very good.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89586869&postcount=3368

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

billy2012 wrote: »

they could probably stop taking him off every game too. i bet he is so annoyed inside when it happens. i know i would

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Grayditch wrote: »
    Nothing cringey about the travelling fans having a bit of belief and showing it.

Yeah but if we do not win it we only end up getting it thrown back at us(Sky etc asking ex players can/will we win it is asked so they can say "oh thought you said they'd win it?").
    I am taking everything 1 game at a time, clearly if we did win the league i'd be delighted to put it mildly but a top 4 finish is honestly better than I would of imagined last August

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

GTR63 wrote: »
    Yeah but if we do not win it we only end up getting it thrown back at us(Sky etc asking ex players can/will we win it is asked so they can say "oh thought you said they'd win it?").
    I am taking everything 1 game at a time, clearly if we did win the league i'd be delighted to put it mildly but a top 4 finish is honestly better than I would of imagined last August

But since we are in the race, lets enjoy having a crack at it. Its pretty amazing with the pre-season expectations ... loving every minute of it. Really would love to get 3rd if we fall short, a great achievement.

Nobody can laugh at us if we finish close but get champions league. No matter what we chant.

But since we are in the race, lets enjoy having a crack at it. Its pretty amazing with the pre-season expectations ... loving every minute of it. Really would love to get 3rd if we fall short, a great achievement.

Nobody can laugh at us if we finish close but get champions league. No matter what we chant.

whatever the outcome, we have showed the world what we are capable of. anfield is a fortress again and city and chelsea must be dreading their visits there. ill be at the city game and with a win and maybe ill be doing the chant too lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Ibrahimović has 25 and C.Ronaldo has 25.

Or did both players get 5 and 4 retrospectively in games that PSG and Real did not play.?

Or are you just drunk happy maybe :)

Dunno, was just copying this :p

http://eurorivals.net/top-scorers.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

but that chant is so cringey unless youre like 5 points clear with a few games to go.

It'd be a silly song under the circumstances of 5 points clear with 2 games left, as everyone would already have believed you were going to win the league. Like Bayern or Celtic fans singing "And now you're gonna believe us". Eh, we believed it back in August ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You must have been really cringing when at 5-2 down, the Cardiff fans were singing "Six five! We're gonna win six five..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Stupid foxtel box only recorded the first half. Not happy.

Any idea where I can see the second half ?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Yeah but if we do not win it we only end up getting it thrown back at us

By who? There are people braver than you and me enjoying this run we're on. Let them.

We all sang Give It A Lash Jack, and some of those lyrics were veeerrry ambitious.l :)

I think I'm done denying myself enjoyment this season, just so not to jinx things, or so other people won't come back in here with the "Told you so's" and the "you were saying?". Where are their teams?

Those people travelling to Wales and singing those songs are way better fans than I am. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

LINKIES to extended highlights interviews etc???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That's what fans do mate. They support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Ok a few points after reading the past few pages.

"We're gonna win the league" i remember our away fans singing it after Yossi scored a last minute winner against Fulham in the 08/09 season. Along with the "our year" shout it's to be taken with a pinch of salt and the spirit of the game. When a Man United fan points it out as a stick to beat us with you've gotta laugh. When one of our own point it out, you cant help but think...former "homework club" head. Soz Mark x

Mourihno... He left without shaking Arsene's hand? Sounds about right. He must have done it to take away the attention and pressure from a side who won 6 nothing...oh that crafty fella, mad for the mind games. Odious.

Last but not least i missed the match because im in Birr in Offaly which, as a town, doesnt believe in paying for Setanta sports in any of its public houses. That coupled with the tune of the night being "rock me baby like a wagon wheel" has made for a tense stay in the apendix of the midwest.

Oh and Martin Skrtle, i think we'll have to hold on to him whether we like it or not.

• Advertisement

One thing I heard about Offaly, is if you want to know what Offaly was like in the 70's... Go there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Grayditch wrote: »
    One thing I heard about Offaly, is if you want to know what Offaly was like in the 70's... Go there now.

Haha big time.

Have you ever heard a country verson of Beyonce's Baby Boy?...well i have. Can't get a decent bottle of Malbec down here either....i mean really...animals. Take me back to the veritable metropolis that is Ballyfermot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BjWUv_lCcAAGOrE.jpg:large

Lovely lovely goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BjXatfpCQAExAHr.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there's a really ugly looking knife stuck in my table think I threw it when we were 1-2 down
    now I just think it's Excalibor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

yea reaally grinds my gears too bruv

bunch of bandwagoners tbf, November was the time when the proper visionaries came to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

i8 sam alyerdice fu spelling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Johnson was brilliant yesterday central to our attacking play. On his day he could be a world class rb but he is just too inconsistent. I don't even think he was offered a reduced contract, its time to move him on and get a younger hungry replacement. I would bite the arm off madrid for £10 million for him.

Barca are welcome to agger too he is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

rob316 wrote: »
    Johnson was brilliant yesterday central to our attacking play. On his day he could be a world class rb but he is just too inconsistent. I don't even think he was offered a reduced contract, its time to move him on and get a younger hungry replacement. I would bite the arm off madrid for £10 million for him.

Barca are welcome to agger too he is finished.

An inconsistent Glen Johnson is still better than most. Unless we have a suitable replacement lined up I would prefer to keep him around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

gimli2112 wrote: »
    there's a really ugly looking knife stuck in my table think I threw it when we were 1-2 down
    now I just think it's Excalibor

:D

Stuff like this makes this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

tomaussie wrote: »
    Stupid foxtel box only recorded the first half. Not happy.

Any idea where I can see the second half ?

It's the Full Game, but here you go. :D

http://www.footballorgin.com/2014/03/cardiff-city-v-liverpool-watch-online.html

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Sturridge to double his wage in new deal..

http://t.co/6FvX0lzIJr"

and Henderson due a new deal also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

In the first half yesterday when there was ridiculous amounts of space for Cardiff in the attacking third esp down the right side it looked to me like the two key factors were Gerrard being a bit too far forward and Flanagan being caught out of position several times. Or was Agger just woeful?

T-K-O wrote: »
    An inconsistent Glen Johnson is still better than most. Unless we have a suitable replacement lined up I would prefer to keep him around.

I have no doubt we will have someone lined up. The full backs are vital to how rodgers plays and johnson just hasn't cut it. He was great yesterday and carved open cardiff but that needs to happen more. It is no good playing like a world beater till the end of the season for a new contract. Some of his performances and effort have been down right disgusting this season when you see others busting a gut.

For the wages, his age, regular injuries and we might get a decent fee for him I would move him on.

Milkers wrote: »
    In the first half yesterday when there was ridiculous amounts of space for Cardiff in the attacking third esp down the right side it looked to me like the two key factors were Gerrard being a bit too far forward and Flanagan being caught out of position several times. Or was Agger just woeful?

Agger consistently poor now for 2 seasons. Has been at fault for so many of our goals conceded. He is finished, skrtel has proved to a much better cb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is anyone else seeing Clarke Kent's head beside the quote button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yesterday was quite similar to southampton except then it was lallana hassling us. I still think i rather 433 than the diamond, it leaves flanno far too exposed and leaves us open out wide. Still, its another great option to have. Think agger will be dropped after yesterday, the first goal was both he and flannos fault but **** me agger got done far too easily. He was in no mans land for the 3rd even though it was only a consolation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I have no doubt we will have someone lined up. The full backs are vital to how rodgers plays and johnson just hasn't cut it. He was great yesterday and carved open cardiff but that needs to happen more. It is no good playing like a world beater till the end of the season for a new contract. Some of his performances and effort have been down right disgusting this season when you see others busting a gut.

For the wages, his age, regular injuries and we might get a decent fee for him I would move him on.

Yes he did struggle but there were also rumours of an injury.

If he is playing for a contract, screw him get him out but for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Did rodgers not say his time off at the start of the year was due to the fact that he had been playing with injury for a good few matches beforehand?
    I think he started the season well and then slumped, which could coincide with these injuries.
    I personally would be very unhappy if we got rid of him

EDIT: Just got in as I was typing T-K-O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

Very noticeable yesterday and most likely an effect of the team playing much farther forward as opposed to Utd game last week. Gerrard found himself closer to the centre circle than the D when Cardiff broke up our midfield possession, leaving large amounts of space between him and the centre backs who sat slightly deeper to cover the runs of Campbell.

This is especially noticeable for Campbells goal in particular. Gerrard caught a bit in no mans land, Flanagan not too bad, Agger and Skertel close enough to shake hands. But even after the ball reached Campbell, Agger was hopeless. Campbell was on his right leg, narrow angle, another two yards and it was an impossible angle. What did Agger do? Invited him onto his left....couldn't adjust his own feet and a handy one for Campbell. (Premiership stikers have two feet Dan). Personally would prefer to see Sakho come in for Wednesday night.

Edit: As for right hand side - Cardiff's better attacking players were there until Daehli came on - not a bad little winger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

you have gotta give skrtel immense credit,looked finished at lfc last season.. still the odd brainfart but all defenders do,he has stood up this year

Agger.

I watched the Game again. Flanagan is watching out for Fabio, can't leave him.

So it falls down to Agger to defend against the Attackers on his side (Campbell, Mulch). Which as a CB, is his Job to do in the 1st Place.

But then again, you can also Fault our Formation for that. With a Midfield Diamond and playing 2 at the Top, our Fullbacks are very Exposed. Specially with no Wingers to help them out, when they get Doubled on their Side.

It's very easy for our FBs to get pulled Put of Position, specially when they are also Tasked with providing the Width for our Attack, with no Wingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

According to the gossip column, poor little Mournho wants rid of Lukkaku. Given they sold Mata to United, there's no reason why they wouldn't let Lukkaku come to Liverpool, would be a great signing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

LiamoSail wrote: »
    According to the gossip column, poor little Mournho wants rid of Lukkaku. Given they sold Mata to United, there's no reason why they wouldn't let Lukkaku come to Liverpool, would be a great signing

Not sure he fits our style of play tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I doubt he would join as I think he will be looking for first team football

• Advertisement

Everything is awesome..

Can't get that outta my head since the match thread yesterday.

djPSB wrote: »
    Not sure he fits our style of play tbh.

Same.

Shane Long, who's very Unpopular around here, would probably Fit us better.

Same.

Yeah but his goal scoring record isn't good enough.

Have to bare in mind that the standard has been set at 20+ league goals per season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Same.

Stylistically yes, productively no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I think Lukakku could fit in. He's good with the ball at his feet, and under Martinez, hasn't played as the stereotypical big man up front

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement