Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

LiamoSail wrote: »
    According to the gossip column, poor little Mournho wants rid of Lukkaku. Given they sold Mata to United, there's no reason why they wouldn't let Lukkaku come to Liverpool, would be a great signing

Any time I see him play he usually impresses but I know two Everton fans who believe his overall game, touch, awareness, effort etc is poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

they have me believing.

the bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

djPSB wrote: »
    Yeah but his goal scoring record isn't good enough.

Have to bare in mind that the standard has been set at 20+ league goals per season.

In fairness, he's playing for some Dog-awful Sides though. That would probably Improve, if he played for our Team.

Besides, if we get someone like Long, he'll probably be 3rd-Choice Striker for us. Which is not Bad, considering we only have Aspas and Moses, as far as Attacking Options on the Bench are concerned. And TBH, I'd rather have Long than those 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

In fairness, he's playing for some Dog-awful Sides though. That would probably Improve, if he played for our Team.

Besides, if we get someone like Long, he'll probably be 3rd-Choice Striker for us. Which is not Bad, considering we only have Aspas and Moses, as far as Attacking Options on the Bench are concerned. And TBH, I'd rather have Long than those 2.
    Borini will be back and moses will probably be gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

mike65 wrote: »
     1 Chelsea ------------31 +39 - 69
     -
     -
     -
     2 Liverpool------------20 +44- [B]65[/B]
     -
     3 Manchester City ---27 + 49 - 63
     4 Arsenal-------------29 +19 - 62
     -
     -
     -
     -
     -
     -
     5 Everton------------- 29 +13 [B]54[/B] 
     6 Tottenham---------- 30 -1 53 
     -
     7 Man United----------29 +14 51

No.

Mike still using the old bbc Vidiprinter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Agger.

I watched the Game again. Flanagan is watching out for Fabio, can't leave him.

So it falls down to Agger to defend against the Attackers on his side (Campbell, Mulch).
    Which as a CB, is his Job to do in the 1st Place.

But then again, you can also Fault our Formation for that. With a Midfield Diamond and playing 2 at the Top, our Fullbacks are very Exposed. Specially with no Wingers to help them out, when they get Doubled on their Side.

It's very easy for our FBs to get pulled Put of Position, specially when they are also Tasked with providing the Width for our Attack, with no Wingers.
    Watching the replays last night, Flanagan called out to Gerrard and pointed to Campbell as he was going out to pick up Fabio. Gerrard didnt move or adjust his position so he probably didnt hear the call and Campbell was behind him so he didnt see him(didnt look either tbf:mad:).

Agger didnt adjust his position either to pick up the spare man and, as plannerscanner said above, was too close to Skrtel. Two yards closer would have made a huge difference and would leave Campbell needing to do something special to score.

I was disappointed with Agger positionally, the last few games.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

SlickRic wrote: »
    they have me believing.

the bastards.

I know.

But I have lots of 'ahh well 3rd is a cracking season' in reserve to null the pain just in case.

But if 4th or below shows up now I just might need sedation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I am the king of match threads,no??

Pffffffff

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

LiamoSail wrote: »
    According to the gossip column, poor little Mournho wants rid of Lukkaku. Given they sold Mata to United, there's no reason why they wouldn't let Lukkaku come to Liverpool, would be a great signing

no it wouldn't. it be a waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I know.

But I have lots of 'ahh well 3rd is a cracking season' in reserve to null the pain just in case.

Whatever about the title, 3rd is in our hands. Arsenal are most likely in for another hammering next week which means that anything we can take out of the City/Chelsea games will be a nice bonus in securing 3rd. Even if we get nothing we are still ahead of them on goal difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

While once again the defending left a lot to be desired yesterday, at times its simply too easy to blame the defence.

Yesterday, both Allen and Gerarrd gave away posession far too easily at times. If the midfield are doing their job, then the defence doesn't come under unnecessary pressure.

Of course some of the goals conceded this season ave been a case of awful individual decision making by defenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Whatever about the title, 3rd is in our hands. Arsenal are most likely in for another hammering next week which means that anything we can take out of the City/Chelsea games will be a nice bonus in securing 3rd. Even if we get nothing we are still ahead of them on goal difference.

Second is too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I know.

Ah sure if we don't win the League, we can always tip down to Arsenal's 4th place party. Should be mad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

This march to the title is taking over my life. I go to bed and being champions is on my mind, I wake up and being champions is on my mind. My kids have grown by about a foot since I last showed any interest in them, I'm almost certain my missus is sleeping with the binman and I will probably fail my exams coming up in May.

But none of the above matters cause we are gonna win the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

This march to the title is taking over my life. I go to bed and being champions is on my mind, I wake up and being champions is on my mind. My kids have grown by about a foot since I last showed any interest in them, I'm almost certain my missus is sleeping with the binman and I will probably fail my exams coming up in May.

Everything is awesome, everything is awesome when you're part of a team..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

djPSB wrote: »
    Everything is awesome, everything is awesome when you're part of a team..

m7ewe.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Not sure if this has been mentioned but it's hilarious and deserves repeating.

Skrtel now has more league goals this season than Soldado and Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Soldado and Skrtle both have 6, no?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

He must be counting OG's! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

rang the auld fella there(man u fan) he was trying to pepper me into saying we will win the league, killed me but i couldn't take the bait for fear of the reprisal if we don't, he would class only 2nd as a moral victory!
    FWIW though I do think we will win it:D
    Ive thought it since the everton game.
    Speed kills.... and were fcuking flying!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Obviously CBs are judged first and foremost on their defending, but it's so vital to have that set piece threat from at least one of your CBs.

It really could be the difference between winning the league and falling short, having someone like Skrtel popping up with crucial goals.

Look at all the teams who have won the title recently - how crucial were Vidic's goals the season they pipped us? Terry got so many crucial goals for Chelsea over the years.

Even City's win could perhaps be boiled down to the moment Kompany rose to head home against United.

Skrtel is reaching the goal levels of the likes of Vidic's and Terry this season. I'm not sure how many they had in a season (possibly 8 or 9) but Skrtel is getting close - these goals could be crucial

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Great post! Sums up the disproportionate attention Liverpool and football receives in my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What a nice change it is to pop into the Arsenal & United threads in the last few weeks and see them in utter turmoil while we are on cloud fcuking nine:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

if utd beat city this week I'll start to believe
    they won't
    I hate them like I'm Lloyd
    any other comment gets me carded
    C'mon you reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Everything is awesome
    Everything is cool when you're part of a team
    Everything is awesome, when we're living our dream

Everything is better when we stick together
    Side by side, you and I gonna win forever, let's party forever
    We're the same, I'm like you, you're like me, we're all working in harmony

Everything is awesome
    Everything is cool when you're part of a team
    Everything is awesome, when we're living our dream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm going to kick that song in the diddies.

I also read something like Arsenal have conceded more against the 3 teams around them than the other 17 teams outside of that.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm going to kick that song in the diddies.

diddies!?

Thats awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For me this goal sums up Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers. That backheel is just sexy football.

22-03-2014-GifNumber-223.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

My mistake, the same as Soldado then. Which is still hardly a ringing endorsement of a striker!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah a Spurs mate was delighted to tell me that Skrtle has more than Torres but went rather quiet when I pointed out he had the same as Soldado. Win Win mofo's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

How many of Goldado's have been peno's? He is class at putting them away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

billy2012 wrote: »
    How many of Goldado's have been peno's? He is class at putting them away.

4 from the spot 2 from open play in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

rang the auld fella there(man u fan) he was trying to pepper me into saying we will win the league, killed me but i couldn't take the bait for fear of the reprisal if we don't, he would class only 2nd as a moral victory!
    FWIW though I do think we will win it:D
    Ive thought it since the everton game.
    Speed kills.... and were fcuking flying!:pac::pac:

you should ask him does he think they'll win the champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

For me this goal sums up Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers. That backheel is just sexy football.

22-03-2014-GifNumber-223.gif

Watch how badly Suarez sends the keeper the wrong way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Watch Hendo's little skip at the edge of the box :D

meh Natalie is wearing yellow im entranced

Watch Hendo's little skip at the edge of the box :D

Lol.

not the first time if memory serves me correct. .right excited little girl dance :)

Watch how badly Suarez sends the keeper the wrong way :)

Watch Suarez eat up the space in front of him and also splitting and leaving three defenders for dead. ..world class!

also anyone know why no Adebayor in the Spurs team?

Injured for next week as well??

Lol.

not the first time if memory serves me correct. .right excited little girl dance :)

she's the reason we have a chance

• Advertisement

listening to salako if we win this (and I don't think) they will but I will cry for a week

sorry posting a lot but watching Aberdeen's victory bus and remember 2005 blew work off to watch that parade
    that night never inhaled cider like that
    seriously stevie stevie STEVIE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Watch Suarez eat up the space in front of him and also splitting and leaving three defenders for dead. ..world class!

also anyone know why no Adebayor in the Spurs team?

Injured for next week as well??

Adebayor or no Adebayor won't make a difference. Liverpool will flog Spurs with Sherwood in charge. They're absolutely poison at the moment.

I hear ya.

Had a holiday last week with flights pre arranged so no Liverpool match was missed! Missus is well used to it by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

cson wrote: »
    Adebayor or no Adebayor won't make a difference. Liverpool will flog Spurs with Sherwood in charge. They're absolutely poison at the moment.

Do you fancy doing the match thread for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Southampton just took the lead against Spurs. We might get top 4 yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

BMJD wrote: »

Top 4 is wrapped up. Chill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Really looking forward to him getting the sack at the end of the season....

https://vine.co/v/MMrMdK2TtJJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

BMJD wrote: »

One of the defenders got caught by the bounce of the ball and completely missed his header, sent Rodriguez clean through. Naughton I think it was, awful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

One of the defenders got caught by the bounce of the ball and completely missed his header, sent Rodriguez clean through. Naughton I think it was, awful stuff.

Yup, still persisting with that bizzare high line too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement