Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jesus, Southampton, United and Cardiff away, winning all three by 3 goals. Spoilt, we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I see that Gerrard is planning on leaving the wife and kids at home for the World cup. His professionalism is just outstanding.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jesus, Southampton, United and Cardiff away, winning all three by 3 goals. Spoilt, we are.

Its been crazy. ..

last 10 league games:
    5-3
    2-2
    4-0
    1-1
    5-1
    3-2
    4-3
    3-0
    3-0
    6-3

Depending in how City do in their next 3 games I am guessing 86pts should win the title.
    That means.us gathering 21 points from the remaining 24 allowing us to lose 1 of the remaining 8 games.

big ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Its been crazy. ..

last 10 league games:
    5-3
    2-2
    4-0
    1-1
    5-1
    3-2
    4-3
    3-0
    3-0
    6-3

Depending in how City do in their next 3 games I am guessing 86pts should win the title.
    That means.us gathering 21 points from the remaining 24 allowing us to lose 1 of the remaining 8 games.

big ask?

Yep....that would mean we would have won 13/14 games. That would be EPIC.
    The Chelsea game is the one I fear the most. Although I'm hoping the Anfield factor will swing it. The atmosphere at that (if we are still up there with them) will be f*cking mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Its been crazy. ..

last 10 league games:
    5-3
    2-2
    4-0
    1-1
    5-1
    3-2
    4-3
    3-0
    3-0
    6-3

big ask?

Working out average of 2.636 points per game as of last 11 league games (2014 games) then it would actually get us to 86!

• Advertisement

Did Mozderac do his table? Or is he waiting for midweek games? #getthefingerout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

monkey9 wrote: »
    If Gerrard gets a suspension, then Lucas can come in. We've coped grand without Gerrard at times this season. It's not ideal to have him suspended, but it's not the big disaster it once might have been either.

I'd actually leave Stevie out on Wednesday. It's a home game against Sunderland. We don't want him missing either of the two big games against City or Chelsea. Give Lucas the start, leave the rest of the attack in place (Coutinho to start since we'll have tons of possession), Sakho in for Agger...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Dickerty wrote: »
    I'd actually leave Stevie out on Wednesday. It's a home game against Sunderland. We don't want him missing either of the two big games against City or Chelsea. Give Lucas the start, leave the rest of the attack in place (Coutinho to start since we'll have tons of possession), Sakho in for Agger...

Why change a winning team we only have 8 games left.

Connor Wickham called back to Sunderland from Leeds.

could feature Wed.

Borini eligible?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No way Gerrard gets rested imo, although far from ideal that he is a card away from a 2 game ban.

Edit: Answering above, Borini not eligible for Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

what happened to monday meltdown?

conceding three against one of the worst attacks in the league is simply unforgivable - rodgers may have reshaped our attack and added a bit of potency up there but the whole balance of the team is way out of kilter, no team wins titles by churning out 5-3 and 6-3 victories, look what happened to Keegan's Newcastle. The guy has to go - this isn't the way the game is supposed to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Dickerty wrote: »

I think the complete opposite. I we want him for the bigger games he should start and get a 'tactical' booking. Would miss 2 games but be guaranteed to be available for Chelsea and City.

If he is left out on wednesday a booking in either of the following 2 games sees him miss the City game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Connor Wickham called back to Sunderland from Leeds.

could feature Wed.

Borini eligible?

No. He can't play wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA

The #Gerrard yellow card-situation explained in a nutshell - #LFC pic.twitter.com/5jgXDEcQ81

Bje5rxsCYAEZCtd.png

Don't want him missing the Chelsea and City games anyways. Him missing for the Spurs game could be frustrating as well.

brevity wrote: »
    Bje5rxsCYAEZCtd.png

Don't want him missing the Chelsea and City games anyways. Him missing for the Spurs game could be frustrating as well.

Its gonna happen.

But others now saying that even though its a 10th booking it will only be a 1 game ban cause he wasn't banned for the first 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Honestly I wanted him to play less and be weaned out of the team from this season on.

in his previous role (higher up) everything, and I mean everything, had to be played through him at the detriment of some more creative players.

I thought we were too reliant on him and we needed (and we still do) to act quicker for a potential replacement.

Now in his deeper role its still allowing him dictate play but its the creative players in front of him doing most of the damage.
    genius by Rodgers imo and Gerrard once again is undroppable.

thats why I think people will be surprised at who , and what type of player will be our prime target in the summer window. ...I think its another center circle type midfielder on top of the list.

Gerrard will be a one game per week player after this season so I agree midfield reinforcements are necessary.

Will be interesting to see how Rodgers deals with rotating players next season.

I do think that there are many years left in Gerrard yet though, still in very good condition for his age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

gafferino wrote: »
    Yep....that would mean we would have won 13/14 games. That would be EPIC.
    The Chelsea game is the one I fear the most. Although I'm hoping the Anfield factor will swing it. The atmosphere at that (if we are still up there with them) will be f*cking mental.

I can't see any team beating us at Anfield.

Would be more wary of the away games against the likes of West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

gafferino wrote: »
    Did Mozderac do his table? Or is he waiting for midweek games? #getthefingerout

I'm starting to question the value of putting this table up as we reach end game.

The goal posts have shifted. 2ppg is not something we need to talk about any more.

The games that City have in hand would be reflected here if we were all in and around the '0' mark - but as they are challenging for the league it is not, and it's hard to account for here.

I do think it was very useful earlier and it worked well because my prediction of the league being in 2 tiers was perhaps more accurate than I might have though (although the top 4 have arguably broken away into another tier).

I'll keep putting it up anyway, but I don't think it's as relevatory or relevant as it once was - the target has already been achieved, and it's just a case of aiming for 3 points in every single game now, there's no way of talking about a draw now in any kind of 'bigger picture' scenario - it will be a costly dropped 2 points and that's it.

Anyway here it is. From last week:
    Updated:

1. Chelsea: +6
    2. City: +4.5
    3. Liverpool: +4.5
    4. Arsenal: +3.5

5. Everton: -6
    6. Spurs: -6.5
    7. United -9.5

Updated:

1. Chelsea: +7
    2. Liverpool: +5.5
    3. City: +5
    4. Arsenal: +2.5

5. Everton: -5.5
    6. Spurs: -6
    7. United -8.5

Benimar wrote: »
    I think the complete opposite. I we want him for the bigger games he should start and get a 'tactical' booking. Would miss 2 games but be guaranteed to be available for Chelsea and City.

If he is left out on wednesday a booking in either of the following 2 games sees him miss the City game.

Ah, well a tactical booking is not something I thought they would do, but that depends on whether it's definately a 2 game ban or not. As I read it, he may have avoided the ban for 5 cards, but it is still 2 games if he gets 10 cards before second Sunday in April. So in that case, we DO want him to get booked on Wed and miss two less crucial games...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

donfers wrote: »
    what happened to monday meltdown?

conceding three against one of the worst attacks in the league is simply unforgivable - rodgers may have reshaped our attack and added a bit of potency up there but the whole balance of the team is way out of kilter, no team wins titles by churning out 5-3 and 6-3 victories, look what happened to Keegan's Newcastle. The guy has to go - this isn't the way the game is supposed to be.

The sad thing is, I guarantee there are people out there who think like that.

dzer2 wrote: »
    Why change a winning team we only have 8 games left.

Because Agger has not been in good form. We conceded 3 against a poor side, and a lot of the joy came down his channel. He is playing as if he's afraid of something.

As for Gerrard, that's been well explained...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Nope I honestly hope city stuff them 0-8

After using my brain instead of my heart i take this back. I will not be shouting for united though, I just hope City lose or draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

brevity wrote: »
    Bje5rxsCYAEZCtd.png

That's accurate up to the West Ham game but that takes place after April 2nd so he's in the clear if he gets through the next 2 games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

What cost now the stupid yellow Stevie got v Fulham? 

What cost now the stupid yellow Stevie got v Fulham? 

The non existent yellow he got against the scum for heading the ball and a having a harder head than bushy head fellani

After using my brain instead of my heart i take this back. I will not be shouting for united though, I just hope City lose or draw.

I once thought this way.

However, I was in the pub watching El Classico last night with my best mate who is a Utd fan and some other utd fans. The f&cking bile and bullsh&t pouring from their mouths made me want to instigate a bar brawl, throw him on to the bar and slide him face first down the bar smashing all the glasses on the way. City 5-0 will do for me.

This is what happened in my mind.

chuck-norris-bar-fight-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

We've come a long way when you think all we're worried about is if Stevie might be suspended for a couple of games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

The non existent yellow he got against the scum for heading the ball and a having a harder head than bushy head fellani

True.
    But he had no say in that yellow.
    The yellow against Fulham was brainless

• Advertisement

Daemonic wrote: »
    That's accurate up to the West Ham game but that takes place after April 2nd so he's in the clear if he gets through the next 2 games.

No. It's up to and including the 2nd weekend in April, not the second of April. After the City game he is clear if he manages to avoid getting booked by then, which is unlikely I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Why put that in the post?
    No need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Morzadec wrote: »
    I'm starting to question the value of putting this table up as we reach end game.

The goal posts have shifted. 2ppg is not something we need to talk about any more.

The games that City have in hand would be reflected here if we were all in and around the '0' mark - but as they are challenging for the league it is not, and it's hard to account for here.

I do think it was very useful earlier and it worked well because my prediction of the league being in 2 tiers was perhaps more accurate than I might have though (although the top 4 have arguably broken away into another tier).

I'll keep putting it up anyway, but I don't think it's as relevatory or relevant as it once was - the target has already been achieved, and it's just a case of aiming for 3 points in every single game now, there's no way of talking about a draw now in any kind of 'bigger picture' scenario - it will be a costly dropped 2 points and that's it.

Anyway here it is. From last week:

Updated:

1. Chelsea: +8

7. United -8.5

Sorry this is wrong double checking Chelsea should be +7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Morzadec wrote: »

Updated:

1. Chelsea: +8

7. United -8.5

Don't be doubting yourself there amigo...any metric that returns a minus figure for ManU is worth calculating

NukaCola wrote: »
    Why put that in the post?
    No need for it.

I apologize to you if you feel offended its the way I have always referred to them as its the way I feel they behave whenever I have being there. I have never gone there to support Liverpool but have a son who supports them and as a father have taken him to see them play on too many occasions for my liking and every time the fans have sang offensive songs about Liverpool even when they are not playing them. Thats where the name comes from I am quite sure you have heard it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

5starpool wrote: »
    No. It's up to and including the 2nd weekend in April, not the second of April. After the City game he is clear if he manages to avoid getting booked by then, which is unlikely I'd say.
    Damn, misread 2nd Sunday as just 2nd :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stats! :)
    OptaJoe @OptaJoe · Mar 22

4 - Liverpool are only the 4th team in PL history to score 3+ goals in six successive games, after Newcastle, Man Utd & Man City. Splurge.

4 - Luis Suarez is only the fourth player to score 3+ hat-tricks in a single PL season (+ Shearer twice, Berbatov & van Nistelrooy). Frenzy.

28 - Luis Suarez has scored 28 PL goals this season, equalling Robbie Fowler's club record in a single PL season (28 in 95-96). God.

17 - Daniel Sturridge has now scored in 17 of his 22 Premier League appearances for Liverpool this season. Expected.

6 - No defender has scored more goals than Martin Skrtel in the Premier League so far this season. Nosebleed.

78 - Liverpool have now scored 78 goals in the Premier League in 2013-14; more than they have managed in any PL season before. Rampant.
    OptaLiverpool @OptaLiverpool · Mar 22

96%. Martin Skrtel had a 96% pass accuracy vs Cardiff, he also scored 2 goals from his 2 attempts. Excellent.

0. Joe Allen made 0 back passes vs Cardiff today. Myth.

66.6% - Liverpool had 66.6% possession vs Cardiff today, the most they have had in any EPL game this season. Dominant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

0. Joe Allen made 0 back passes vs Cardiff today. Myth.

Yeah, cos the one he did try went straight to a Cardiff man and allowed them to score :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

100% of those stats have an annoying word at the end of them for emphasis. Fact

Knex. wrote: »
    Yeah, cos the one he did try went straight to a Cardiff man and allowed them to score :pac:

I think they 30k+ Cardiff fans booing him did the trick!
    Didn't have a great game overall...but come back into the team very well at an important stage. I expect Sakho to do the same, bring more pace and physicality into the defence before the two big games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Turtyturd wrote: »

More in your line of posting to have the annoying word proceed it rather than at the end, eh?

"The Rodgers" :pac:

• Advertisement

I apologize to you if you feel offended its the way I have always referred to them as its the way I feel they behave whenever I have being there. I have never gone there to support Liverpool but have a son who supports them and as a father have taken him to see them play on too many occasions for my liking and every time the fans have sang offensive songs about Liverpool even when they are not playing them. Thats where the name comes from I am quite sure you have heard it.

Call them what you want, but you have enough posts to know that you can expect official censure for it, so not point being annoyed at receiving your own yellow card about it.

Not my business though, but just a friendly warning. If you don't know how things operate in here, I suggest you familiarise yourself with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »

I agree with your interpretation. Concur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Hey OptaJoe - Its 82 goals not 78 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Who's on match thread duty this week folks
    Who's feeling lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Who's on match thread duty this week folks
    Who's feeling lucky

My vote goes to super rush .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

My vote goes to super rush .

Nah CSON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hey OptaJoe - Its 82 goals not 78 :p

He can hardly keep up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Nah CSON.

What about Lloyd ? He started the LFC vs utd thread !

What about Lloyd ? He started the LFC vs utd thread !

Yes, and is hereafter called VeryLuckyLloyd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I nominate 'The Kerrigooney'

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement