Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Come on United (this one time only)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mickalus wrote: »
    City have more games left than anyone in the title race, surely you can find some one else to shout for in another game??? :p

Can't rely on Arsenal atm though and I think they'll have too much for Martinez. A draw will do it, but a loss is much better and gives us breathing space. If my maths is correct, if City lose, we can afford to draw another match as long as we beat City (we'd be 2 points ahead of City and better gd than Chelsea, as it stands).

A draw, we can't afford a draw elsewhere in the run in, their gd would be too much as it stands. So yep, United win please.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

United have been trounced and outplayed by every top team this season, I wont hold much hope for Tuesday night. Still its a derby don't they say form goes out the window and all that.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mike65 wrote: »
    City must play Everton at Goodison so that's another draw I'd like to see.

City still have to play away to Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton. If they win all (or most) of those then fair play, they deserve to win the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

City have more games left than anyone in the title race, surely you can find some one else to shout for in another game??? :p

Unfortunately they don't have as many banana skins ;

United A
    Arsenal A
    Southampton H
    Liverpool A
    Sunderland H
    West Brom H
    Crystal Palace A
    Everton A
    Villa h
    West Ham H

They have to slip up in at least two games be it lose or draw for us to get ahead of them while we win all our games. If they beat United tomorrow night they will be extremely confident going in to the Arsenal game. Funnily enough I actually think Arsenal will have to react to that mauling by Chelsea. They did when we hammered them anyway. Everton will also be very tough. Other then three games I think Palace away is the only potential banana skin for them...

Now for Chelsea's

Palace A
    Stoke H
    Swansea A
    Sunderland H
    Liverpool A
    Norwich H
    Cardiff A

I can see Chelsea dropping points in their fixtures. It's a case of winning our game in hand and beating them while winning our remaining games to finish ahead of them...

A lot of big IFs

Sunderland H
    Spurs H
    West Ham A
    Man City H
    Norwich A
    Chelsea H
    Palace A
    Newcastle H

Some tough games there. So as people have said lets not get disappointed if we don't win the league lets just embrace every game and hope we do enough. Palace have to play all 3 at home & Pulis has them hard to beat, they'll have a big say in the title race!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Knex. wrote: »

I have to say Sturridge comes across as nice, honest, top class bloke. Every interview I have seen with him he conducts himself well and I always get that impression.

gafferino wrote: »
    I have to say Sturridge comes across as nice, honest, top class bloke. Every interview I have seen with him he conducts himself well and I always get that impression.

Ya I don't understand where this cocky stuff comes from. Very respectful of his team mates and manager.

dzer2 wrote: »
    [/B]

If we win all our games one nil and chavs or city win one game 6-0 all our goal difference is gone silly comment

How is it a silly comment? You didn't think that one through, buddy boy.

If we win all our games the most points Chelsea can get is 2 less than us, so goal difference is irrelevant. If City lose to us and win all their other games, they win the title by a point, and there is no set of circumstances that can see us level on points with any other team at the end of the season if we win all our games.

We could obviously finish level on points with someone if we drop points in other games, but that is not the point Vinz or yourself made as it specifically referred to us winning all our games. I was being tongue in cheek with him though, but you I'll put back in your box for your tone of post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

From Garth Crooks team of the week on BBC for Skrtel.

What a strike rate!
    (and I love the way you can pick out random stats like that to make it look good. :D )

Suprised Garth has time for writing with his upcoming gigs in Croker.

5starpool wrote: »
    If we don't win the title this season it will be for one of 2 reasons really:

1. We tail off and drop points in a few games this season.
    2. We gain close to maximum points but are still pipped, and our early/mid season away form was too patchy to recover from in the face of Chelsea/City relentlessness.

Either way, it's been a great journey, and unless we completely fall apart and get less than 10 points between now and the end of the season, it's been a great season to be a Liverpool fan for the first time in 5 years.

If we lose a specific game I'm sure some people, possibly including me, will moan about that game, but it doesn't make my above paragraph any less true. To date we have not had a bad run at any point in the season unless you could the 2 game period where we lost away to City and Chelsea and could well have got something from both games. I have no idea the last time this was true in a season, even 08/09.

The mad thing is, if you go back to the Hull loss in November, we won 4 on the bounce to go top at Xmas, then lost the 2 toughest away games of the season, so it's W13 D2 L2 in 17 games. Remember when we used to go on second half of the season form to say how improved we were? ;)

Tbh there isn't that many games we can look back on and say that really cost us. Toures and West Brom for me hurts most, we didn't play well but were comfortable enough. Villa was only the second game of the Gerrard experiment so gets a pass for me considering what happened after.

Hull and Southampton were annoying but every team gets those results in a title winning season. Newcastle and West Brom were games we should have got wins though.
    5starpool wrote: »
    I've wanted utd to win games before to help us in our quests for top 4 over the last decade, but it has always been tainted with the knowledge that it would be helping them to win or challenge for the title, but there are no such drawbacks this season.

That said, my 'support' will be of the "come on you shower of **%^**, do me a favour for once" variety.

We can't really lose though, we can take the piss no matter what result!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

I hold a lot of hope for the Arsenal and Man City game, they have been battered away from home against the better teams but at home they have a very respectable record.

United - draw
    Chelsea - draw
    Liverpool - win
    everton - draw
    Tottenham - win

Kunkka wrote: »

They have to slip up in at least two games be it lose or draw for us to get ahead of them while we win all our games.

If I'm right we need them to slip up in one game and we win all our games. If we beat them we go 5 points ahead of them, so in those 2 games in hand 4 points isn't enough for them to catch us. A loss is what we want as we can afford to drop 2 points as long as we win all our games! Nope, looks like a draw or loss makes no difference, even if they lose tomorrow, we can't afford to draw elsewhere, there gd would probably be too much.

So United win or draw is what we want as it's in our own hands then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The Chelsea loss is the most annoying one for me, this season. Eto'o should have been off the pitch after 5 minutes, and then later on he decks Suarez in the box, Webb stares at it, and waves play on.

Maddening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

The Reds are coming up the hill.

Meanwhile at White Hart Lane .....

tumblr_mhkplpFuhK1qe2thio1_400.gif
    I thought it was a gif of Skrtel marking Andy Carroll.:D

Hope it wasnt in the penalty box:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

#LFC are pleased to announce that Academy midfielder Jordan Rossiter has today signed his first professional contract

Just announced

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Rossiter pens a new longterm pro contract today.

happy out

definitely one for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

"Liverpool, though, will be going for a seventh straight league win next Sunday and Spurs defender Vertonghen knows exactly what the difference between the sides has been."

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Rossiter pens a new longterm pro contract today.

happy out

definitely one for the future.

You watch him playing for the U21, amazing to think he's been only 16 all this time. He plays very smart football, tactically good, gets the odd goal, great tackler, great distribution. He COULD be as important as Stevie as he develops. Has that much ability.

And a particular favourite trait - he wears plain black boots! Classic. (To maintain the Opta style...)

1394023325_Jordan-Rossiter-has-got-w.jpg

• Advertisement

"There'll be no contracts talked about until the summer", Rodgers told a press conference when asked about a new deal for Sturridge.

"The focus is for the club now, not for any player or manager.

"I think in the summer there will be a number of contracts that will be looked at by the football club to retain services.

"There's no doubt he has been outstanding since he's come here and the owners may look at that."

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/03/24/liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-wont-talk-new-daniel-sturridge-contract-yet/132844/#QADztuAIixHQMoT7.99

No idea of this website so probably BS but sure we havent had transfer rumours in a while and Im bored.

Liverpool eyeing up Mussachio at Villareal - anyone know anything about him?

http://www.fanatix.com/news/liverpool-boss-earmarks-move-for-talented-argentine-defender-on-a-free-transfer/204173/

"There'll be no contracts talked about until the summer", Rodgers told a press conference when asked about a new deal for Sturridge.

"The focus is for the club now, not for any player or manager.

"I think in the summer there will be a number of contracts that will be looked at by the football club to retain services.

"There's no doubt he has been outstanding since he's come here and the owners may look at that."

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/03/24/liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-wont-talk-new-daniel-sturridge-contract-yet/132844/#QADztuAIixHQMoT7.99

Tallies with DM I got on Twitter about his contract (Rodgers) complete but no announcements til the summer to avoid any distractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Knex. wrote: »
    he decks Suarez in the box

that gotta hurt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

When was the last time a team went from 7th to champions league football in a single season? It hasn't happened in England recently anyway.

Everton went from 17th to 4th 2004/2005

Spurs went from 8th to 4th under Redknapp

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »

Yeah but thats because David Moyes is a football genius.

I hate days when we aren't playing lately! As Neil Atkinson says on The Anfield Wrap, I can't wait to see Brendan Rodgers' tricky reds play.

No idea of this website so probably BS but sure we havent had transfer rumours in a while and Im bored.

Liverpool eyeing up Musstachio at Villareal - anyone know anything about him?

http://www.fanatix.com/news/liverpool-boss-earmarks-move-for-talented-argentine-defender-on-a-free-transfer/204173/

He'll fit right in!

scousers.jpg

That is as much about underperforming the previous year as about overperforming in the latter...

Last year, we finished in a position about equal with our performances and swuad (which improved in Jan). This year, I think we are punching above our weight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

61 pts got 4th that year :eek: and 60 for us the year before ;)

• Advertisement

Twitter says Phil Dowd will ref the LFC v Spurs game.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Twitter says Phil Dowd will ref the LFC v Spurs game.

Twitter is correct. Mr Webb will be 4th official.

http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/referees/appointments.html?paramSearchContext=MATCH_WEEK&paramMatchWeek=32

Dickerty wrote: »
    That is as much about underperforming the previous year as about overperforming in the latter...

Last year, we finished in a position about equal with our performances and swuad (which improved in Jan). This year, I think we are punching above our weight...

Not sure if i agree with the under performing part of your post...Their 8 previous positions before their 4th place finish was 15, 17, 14, 13, 16, 15, 7 and 17th...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

rob316 wrote: »
    Ya I don't understand where this cocky stuff comes from. Very respectful of his team mates and manager.

It might be the dance;) Before he signed for Liverpool and even his early Pool career, I always regarded him as being arrogant. There was just something about him, I just couldn't warm to him.

It was only when I started to see his body language and after listening to a few of his interviews that I start noticing his good personality and he's after turning out to be a top guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another record... From the PL website.
    3-6
    The first such scoreline in Barclays Premier League history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Not sure if i agree with the under performing part of your post...Their 8 previous positions before their 4th place finish was 15, 17, 14, 13, 16, 15, 7 and 17th...

Not sure I agree with his "punching above our weight" either.

What exactly is our weight?

Not sure I agree with his "punching above our weight" either.

What exactly is our weight?

About 8 Molbys

Another record... From the PL website.
    3-6
    The first such scoreline in Barclays Premier League history.

I hope that's first time it's been 6-3 to the away side, otherwise the PL haven't a clue about their own history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Everything must be awesome if this is what we're discussing on a Monday :cool:

i would probably die in a fit of laughing/joy if we beat newcastle in our final game of the season to win the league,and the kop sings (after YNWA) everything is awesome...

bouncing around the stand,spreads to the whole stadium.. i think i would pass out tbh, just after the whole season we had,and the 'awesome' comments in this thread..

poetic

• Advertisement

I stand corrected! I do think that 7th cooincided with an increase in the quality of player they were getting. Well, they sold Rooney, but brought in Cahill, Bent, Arteta, Neville, Lescott and Howard over the next 2 summers.
    I think he did well in the transfer market, if you consider what he paid for Cahill, Baines and Jagielka, and selling on Arteta, Lescott, Fellaini and Pienaar for good profits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

How long more can I deny we are in a title race?? I just can't admit to myself, or indeed anyone else. That defence won't let me...

I stand corrected! I do think that 7th cooincided with an increase in the quality of player they were getting. Well, they sold Rooney, but brought in Cahill, Bent, Arteta, Neville, Lescott and Howard over the next 2 summers.
    I think he did well in the transfer market, if you consider what he paid for Cahill, Baines and Jagielka, and selling on Arteta, Lescott, Fellaini and Pienaar for good profits.

Moyes didnt sell Fellaini for a profit, he spent on him twice...Moyes' net spend on Fellaini is £42.5m :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mike65 wrote: »
    City must play Everton at Goodison so that's another draw I'd like to see.

I'm going to be in Liverpool for this one, was half thinking of going along as tickets should be reasonable but it clashes with our Palace away game (though I'm guessing it still could be moved to late kick off?)

In any case, what's a good pub in Liverpool City Centre for watching our away games?

Pep Guardiola: "There's only one team in Europe
    that's playing better than us and
    that's Liverpool FC! You can't describe them."

waiting on offical link so hold the salt

Vanolder wrote: »
    How long more can I deny we are in a title race?? I just can't admit to myself, or indeed anyone else. That defence won't let me...

I caved in last week after the United game. We don't have a choice now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hope that's first time it's been 6-3 to the away side, otherwise the PL haven't a clue about their own history

That's why its 3-6 and not 6-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It doesn't really matter what you think as it's a clear fact he did excellently in the transfer market for Everton.

Just saw this on youtube, Im not usually one for these promo type videos but this is class. ****ing goosebumps with quotes of Shankly in the background.

• Advertisement

It doesn't really matter what you think as it's a clear fact he did excellently in the transfer market for Everton.

Still **** at Utd though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement