Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Random question, do you reckon we'll have a new kit next season?

Thinking of buying a new jersey, but wondering should I wait. Still rockin' an old Adidas away one from a few years ago :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

murpho999 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's not really in doubt about Suarez staying in the summer?

He looks happy, in great form, team in great form. Competing for the league, Champion's League in the bag.

Very different position from last summer, can't see him going anywhere as even at Madrid or Barcelona he wouldn't be the main man like at LFC.

Also if he does go it's going to be for totally ridiculous money.

Think he'll probably stay too.

Just on the ridiculous money point though. No amount of money can replace what Suarez provides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maye83 wrote: »

Thinking of buying a new jersey, but wondering should I wait. Still rockin' an old Adidas away one from a few years ago :pac:

New kit every season under the deal with Warrior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Yeah I'd wait for next years Champions League edition if I was you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Well be bringing out a new one from our Champions line of clothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

alot of my personal best liverpool goals have been scored this season. some cracking indivigual and team goals in that video above. its been great to recap on each one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

It's looking like there will be new kits.

There was a few mock ups posted a few weeks ago.

Away jersey is yellow and looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Looking back there some good moments

Flanagans goal and delight
    Suarez header against west brom was sick
    Everton win
    United and arsenal performances

To think at the start of the season it was 1-0 wins and we couldn't score in the second half we have come along way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

murpho999 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's not really in doubt about Suarez staying in the summer?

He looks happy, in great form, team in great form. Competing for the league, Champion's League in the bag.

Very different position from last summer, can't see him going anywhere as even at Madrid or Barcelona he wouldn't be the main man like at LFC.

Also if he does go it's going to be for totally ridiculous money.

There's always a doubt, particularly if Real or Barca come calling.

Still, if this season hasn't convinced him we've something special going on, nothing will. Remember him gutted after losing a EL last 32 tie against Anzhi at Anfield?

That was some atmosphere, I'm sure Anfield on a big CL night will have him wondering! Him, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling would be something special in the CL.

We can't match City, Chelsea or United on finances, probably even Arsenal, but there's one thing we can match and even surpass others on, that's CL football at Anfield. Garcia, Smicer, Traore, Mellor, Biscan, Le Tallec, all legends!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Looking back there some good moments

Flanagans goal and delight
    Suarez header against west brom was sick
    Everton win
    United and arsenal performances

Suarez header against west Brom, his free kick v Everton and his hattrick goal v Norwich are my top 3

But I love them all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

"Liverpool, though, will be going for a seventh straight league win next Sunday and Spurs defender Vertonghen knows exactly what the difference between the sides has been."

:rolleyes:

About 5 goals iirc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

djPSB wrote: »
    Think he'll probably stay too.

Just on the ridiculous money point though. No amount of money can replace what Suarez provides.

(assuming he doesn't try to eat anyone in the near future)

Never drops the head.
    Still gets pissed off when winning 5-0 and gets a ****ty ball - professional
    Ability to score from any situation
    All about the team -- No greediness in front of goal (going for the hattrick vs Cardiff in the dying seconds is allowed)
    Spurs on the youngsters
    Never say die attitude

A machine
    Irreplaceable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Interesting to see that Suarez was pretty much in the EXACT same postion 1 v 1 against Cardiff in the home tie earlier in the season, with Sterling to his right......and he did square it for Sterling to score. That's probably why Sterling had his hands on his head, he was already reliving things. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rodgers wants to keep his Johnson. City after wayward son Sturridge. Probably a load of carry on.

• Advertisement

(assuming he doesn't try to eat anyone in the near future)

Never drops the head.
    Still gets pissed off when winning 5-0 and gets a ****ty ball - professional
    Ability to score from any situation
    All about the team -- No greediness in front of goal (going for the hattrick vs Cardiff in the dying seconds is allowed)
    Spurs on the youngsters
    Never say die attitude

A machine
    Irreplaceable

The Ajax chairmans quote when asked about Suarez, after we signed him, rings more and more true.

"How will you replace Luis Suarez?"

"You can't"."

End of!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

One more yellow card for Gerrard before April 13 and he gets a 2 game ban.
    Another booking in any of Liverpool’s next four league games- Sunderland (H), Tottenham (H), West Ham (A) and Manchester City (H)- will see him pick up a very unwanted suspension. The FA’s official ruling is that if a player is booked 10 times between the opening day of the season and the second Sunday in April, he will receive a two-match ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

mike65 wrote: »
    Rodgers wants to keep his Johnson. City after wayward son Sturridge. Probably a load of carry on.

“We want to keep Glen here,” Rodgers said.

“There is no question about that, especially now he’s in this form. He’s 29 and we feel that he has still got good years ahead of him.

“No contracts will be looked at until the summer but his will be a priority for us, especially if he continues in the form that he’s in.”

Translation: glen is on huge wages and nearing the end of his contract and thusly will go for a cut price fee, any takers?

Me just being cynical though :pac:

One more yellow card for Gerrard before April 13 and he gets a 2 game ban.

What's the source for this? I'm sick of reading conflicting reports on what the rule is! I wanna know right now 100% what's happening.

What's the source for this? I'm sick of reading conflicting reports on what the rule is! I wanna know right now 100% what's happening.

From what I've read seems legit. 2 game ban if gets a yellow before the second weekend of April, 1 game thereafter.

Looks like we'll miss him at some stage, just a matter of how much. Argument for playing Lucas on Wednesday!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't have official texts, but I'm pretty sure it's to be a 2 game ban if he hits 10 before the end of the City game.

K-9 wrote: »
    From what I've read seems legit. 2 game ban if gets a yellow before the second weekend of April, 1 game thereafter.

Looks like we'll miss him at some stage, just a matter of how much. Argument for playing Lucas on Wednesday!

If he doesn't hit 10 before then, there is no suspension for yellows unless he somehow manages to get to 15 yellows before the end of the season, which is a 3 game ban.

Are my eyes deceiving me or does the fantasy site have Gerrard down as having only 7 yellows? I went to check what sort of non yellow streaks he has put together, then saw that!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

If Stevie had *cough* got himself booked and sent off in the last 5 minutes of the Cardiff game would he have gotten a 1 or 2 game ban?

Presumably cup games are not been factored in those stats?

This is the only site you need worry about for that.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

1 game away tab has him at 9 as we know to be the case.

FA Cup yellows count as well.

Ok back to my original point then, Stevie has had streaks of 7games, 5games and 9games in the league without picking up a yellow, if he plays it clever enough he will hopefully dodge the yellow and the ban, I hope to fck he knows the situation!

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    If he doesn't hit 10 before then, there is no suspension for yellows unless he somehow manages to get to 15 yellows before the end of the season, which is a 3 game ban.

That one seemed odd to me, couldn't fathom why the second weekend of April was some defining point.

Hopefully we've the league wrapped up by Newcastle and we'll take the hit next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id say gerrard hendo allen/coutinho will play and gerrard will purposefully get booked late on in the game and take the 2 game suspension v spurs and west ham.

To be honest I would rather he took a yellow against Sunderland and missed the Spurs and West Ham matches and was back for the City game.

If he picks one up against Spurs or West Ham he is out of the City game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

huey1975 wrote: »
    The Hull performance , and the kolo error against west brom keep me awake at night

Well if we try our best and for some reason fall short like against West Brom and Hull I can handle that but to have the result so blatantly robbed off us like that is what annoys me. I know people will argue that you need to be good enough to make those kind of decisions not matter but come on, city away, when are the tight decisions ever gonna actualy matter if not in these tight games where the teams are evenly matched and it wasn't even close. I would challenge anybody to show me an offside decision made against a player when the player was actualy further onside than sterling was that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We have been spoilt so far this season, apart from one or two little blips, and long may it continue.
    Bring on Chelsea, City and Spurs! Bring on the Black Cats!
    Liverpool will score more than them. Who needs to defend when you have Sturridge and Suarez playing in the form of their lives?
    When the desire and hunger is coursing through the veins of Gerrard, Henderson, Allen and Sterling.
    With the Count popping up all over the place.
    With Skrtel banging them in like the trout heading salmon he is.
    The games can't come quick enough.

So you're saying we should drop him already? Means potentially missing him for 3 games. I'd play him. If he gets a card so be it but of the games where it would be bad to get a yellow, tomorrow's game is the only one that would mean he won't miss City game (or Chelsea game if he gets one in City game)

So I'd play him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

8-10 wrote: »
    So you're saying we should drop him already? Means potentially missing him for 3 games. I'd play him. If he gets a card so be it but of the games where it would be bad to get a yellow, tomorrow's game is the only one that would mean he won't miss City game (or Chelsea game if he gets one in City game)

So I'd play him

He'll play and take a tactical booking I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

To be honest I would rather he took a yellow against Sunderland and missed the Spurs and West Ham matches and was back for the City game.

If he picks one up against Spurs or West Ham he is out of the City game.
    8-10 wrote: »

So I'd play him

My prediction? He will play tonight and deliberately pick up a yellow.

Very difficult to ask him in the DM role not to pick up a yellow for 7 games.

I believe we should take a tactical risk and ensure he can play against both City and Chelsea. It's a difficult one to manage though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I cant see Gerrard NOT getting a yellow considering the position he plays now, I think he should bite the bullet and take the suspension for Spurs and West Ham.

Hes a lot more important in the City and Chelsea games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Morzadec wrote: »
    My prediction? He will play tonight and deliberately pick up a yellow.

Very difficult to ask him in the DM role not to pick up a yellow for 7 games.

I believe we should take a tactical risk and ensure he can play against both City and Chelsea. It's a difficult one to manage though

Tomorrow night, i know i cant wait either:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Vicxas wrote: »
    I cant see Gerrard NOT getting a yellow considering the position he plays now, I think he should bite the bullet and take the suspension for Spurs and West Ham.

I disagree. He should get on with his normal game and what will be will be. He could miss WH and Spurs matches and pick up an injury in training or any such thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Vicxas wrote: »

Agree totally. He's going to get one either way better it now than later. Think we'll surprise a few with how well we play without him in the team also though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

There is no way he won't get a card in the next 3 games, if he started them all. He's gotten 3 in the last 4 games I think.
    So let's play him on Wed, and if he gets one, he'll miss to less crucial games.
    But if he doesn't, may be worth leaving him out of one of the next two.

It's either a deliberate booking tomorrow, or we have to take him out to reduce the chance...

Taking him out of the team makes no real sense though. There are 4 games he has to be careful in. If he gets a yellow vs Sunderland he misses Spurs and West Ham. If he doesn't people want to rest him in those games until the City game, but if he gets a yellow then he will miss 4 games in total (those 2 plus the 2 rested ones) which will include the Chelsea game.

The only real option is to play him and see what happens as he will REALLY not want to be rested at all. Yellow tomorrow is probably the best overall option (aside from no yellow in those 4 games), but either way, chances are he misses at least one of Spurs, City or Chelsea, as well as one other game. Resting him barely mitigates him missing a big game, especially when it means he will be missing for extra games.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Taking him out of the team makes no real sense though. There are 4 games he has to be careful in. If he gets a yellow vs Sunderland he misses Spurs and West Ham. If he doesn't people want to rest him in those games until the City game, but if he gets a yellow then he will miss 4 games in total (those 2 plus the 2 rested ones) which will include the Chelsea game.

The only real option is to play him and see what happens as he will REALLY not want to be rested at all. Yellow tomorrow is probably the best overall option (aside from no yellow in those 4 games), but either way, chances are he misses at least one of Spurs, City or Chelsea, as well as one other game. Resting him barely mitigates him missing a big game, especially when it means he will be missing for extra games.

Yep, precisely this. No need to rest him. No yellow is the ideal, followed by yellow tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Isn't it great that THIS is our major concern? Not talking about all the players we need to replace, or another season without CL qualification, or blaming the Yanks for not backing yet another manager?

Even the debacle of Kony and Salah has been forgotten. Rodgers said it would galvanise the squad, and many scoffed at that. But now, it looks like that's EXACTLY what happened...

And all this with 5 bright young players out on loan all season (Suso, Borini, Robinson, Wisdom, Ilori partially) and 2 other squad players (Coady & Assaidi) and having offloaded useful squad players in Downing, Shelvey and Spearing, and Carra retired!

What a season...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

"It's been really difficult for Glen because he has wanted to give so much more," said the boss.

"He has wanted to put himself out on the training pitch every day and play games but he was nowhere near 100 per cent right. Of course when you put yourself out there you are getting judged.

"That is why we had to give him that time out. There was no timeline on it. I just knew there was so much more to come from him.

"We needed to come together to find a way to get him back to his best. That meant taking him out in order for him to get back to that level.

"Now he's feeling fresh and playing for the first time in ages without any injuries. Now you see that mobility and running power that he has.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/159816-rodgers-johnson-back-to-his-best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Remarkable how so many people were quick to turn on GlenJo. All I can say is that I am glad he is back to 100% fitness, because he is/has been one of the top right backs in the league for quite some time now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement