Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

opr wrote: »
    Paper in Spain claiming we're looking at a deal which would see Suso and €15m go to Sevilla in exchange for Rakitic.

Opr

I hope that's a BS Deal.

Rakitic is Good, but he's not 15M + Suso Good.

15M is more than a Fair Price for him. Throwing in Suso, means he's valued at 20M. Which is too much for someone like Rakitic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I'd really like to see Suso given a chance. He's had a full season of proper first team football in a top league and, along wit Rodri, looks head and shoulders above anyone else in the team.

Would like to get Rakitic but not at the expense of Suso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Suso goes I hope there is a good buyback or sell on clause in the contract.

I'd be happy to get Rakitic into the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I hope that's a BS Deal.

Rakitic is Good, but he's not 15M + Suso Good.

15M is more than a Fair Price for him. Throwing in Suso, means he's valued at 20M. Which is too much for someone like Rakitic.

If they were pound millions it would be way too much. But they're only euro millions. So its only a little bit too much. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

We are linked with Winston Reid CB from west ham again for £6million.(liverpool-kop.com)

Also we are linked again with Yann M'Vila who has been told he can leave as Rubin Kazan are going to concentrate on youth and home grown players.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/466689/Yann-M-Vila-eyeing-England-move-after-being-told-he-can-leave-Rubin-Kazan-in-the-summer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Can Suso be a more useful player for Liverpool than Joe Allen? You'd have to believe he can. He's hever going to be strong enough to play the role Gerrard plays now, he might lack a bit in pace to replace sterling / coutinho so his target to replace has to be Joe Allen. Unfortunately for him Allen is very much Rodger's man. It'll certainly be difficult for him even next season to get a lot of football. He might well want to stay in Spain after a season of playing with few guarantees at Anfield.

Buy back clauses are fairly worthless I would say, how could you enforce that? Has anyone ever been "bought back" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

opr wrote: »
    Paper in Spain claiming we're looking at a deal which would see Suso and €15m go to Sevilla in exchange for Rakitic.

Opr
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    "@hunter_troll: #LFC are currently outlining a proposal which would see Suso and €15m go to Sevilla in exchange for Rakitic. [Sport]"

discuss...

brevity wrote: »
    Ivan Rakitic is someone I believe we've been linked to. Perhaps there is some deal we could make re: Suso.

ITK :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Agger for me if he is playing. Takes them for his country, which, proves he can handle the pressure.

If not then Suarez, the premier leagues main marksman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Agger for me if he is playing. Takes them for his country, which, proves he can handle the pressure.

If not then Suarez, the premier leagues main marksman.

Suarez all the way. How often have we seen him beat a goalie into the very corner of the goal? He would be dead-eye.

As for Rakitic/Suso, no way would I throw Suso into that deal. It's possible that he'd prefer to stay in Spain, but let's make that a seperate deal. He's a very good, young Spanish player, so Spanish clubs will have to pay a fair price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We've had 11 penos this season !

How many of those have been won by Suarez or Sturridge? Must be at least 9!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

kfallon wrote: »
    How many of those have been won by Suarez or Sturridge? Must be at least 9!!!

Sterling and Allen had 1 each, I think Sterling might have had 1 or 2 more.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Sterling and Allen had 1 each, I think Sterling might have had 1 or 2 more.

Sterling has about 4. I said at the start of the season that he's win us more pens than anyone, I think it's close between the front 3. He's a BIT of a diver, which he needs to fix, but defenders just can't cope with him close in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Johnson on peno duty.

Maybe let Sakho take them.

2965001844210528.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

As much as I'd hate to lose Suso, who I've rated highly since day 1, deep down I have this feeling that he'd be a better player in Spain and it would be better for his career to end up there after this loan.

Pains me to say it but could see him becoming a big player in La Liga before he'd be a big player in EPL.

Haven't seen the other lad play so can't comment on the exchange deal, but overall I'm against exchange deals. Would love Suso to come back and get a good run at it but I can't see him being a 40+ games a season starter from next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Liverpool are set to confirm a post season friendly V Shamrock Rovers in the Aviva Stadium, on Weds May 14th.
    Source - The indo in the last few minutes.

Be interesting if this comes off, what chance the premier league trophy being there with them. #believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Liverpool are set to confirm a post season friendly V Shamrock Rovers in the Aviva Stadium, on Weds May 14th.
    Source - The indo in the last few minutes.

Be interesting if this comes off, what chance the premier league trophy being there with them. #believe

Can't see this going ahead with World cup coming up?

Also Suarez as penalty taker, he'd kick them between keepers legs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

About the closes I'll come to watching LOI...

can-o-worms.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can't see this going ahead with World cup coming up?

Also Suarez as penalty taker, he'd kick them between keepers legs!

Second string / non world cup players 11 most likely

Mickalus wrote: »
    Second string / non world cup players 11 most likely

I have it on good authority that it IS happening, and there is some surity of first team players being involved...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The team will probably consist of the U21 side and Jones. Maybe a few from Skrtel, Agger, Enrique (who'll refer to as Kimble for now on), Lucas, Coutinho and Aspas will play too if lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

If you want a peno taker then maybe scouse cafu could be the man .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The team will probably consist of the U21 side and Jones. Maybe a few from Skrtel, Agger, Enrique (who'll refer to as Kimble for now on), Lucas, Coutinho and Aspas will play too if lucky.

Joe Allen, Flanagan, Kelly too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Forgot about Welsh Xaxi.

Still a chance Flanagan might be called up to the England squad for the World Cup IMO is why I didn't mention him, if there is injuries beforehand. Don't rate Kyle Walker myself, a pace merchant nothing more. Flanno is playing well and his versatility would come in handy for cover too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

C'mon Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

He basically turned down several chances to train a bit harder. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

We've had 11 penos this season !
    Scary to think Suarez could be closing in on 40 goals if he was our penalty taker from start of season...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can't see Kelly making it. Anything labeled as fragile while travelling always ends up broken.

Liverpool fans bringing loads of extra flags and banners to the game tomorrow supposedly. Expect a Champions league type atmosphere.

Can't link but it's in the echo

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Liverpool fans bringing loads of extra flags and banners to the game tomorrow supposedly. Expect a Champions league type atmosphere.

Can't link but it's in the echo

Good time to will the team home and show them what it will be like to play in the champions league next season .

In better news - Cissokho won't be sticking around.
    He played his part for a spell, but just not good enough...

http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/44278-agent-my-client-will-definitely-leave-liverpool.php#.UzGlXbX7o6k

I like seeing this side football.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The mooted date of the game vs Shams is 4 days before the FA Cup final, and 11 days before the CL final. I don't think there will be a problem having the first team squad there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

This is it. United win tonight and the league is in our own hands, come on United!!! *puke*

This is it. United win tonight and the league is in our own hands, come on United!!! *puke*

Why puke ?? If a united win helps LFC then I hope they win . I want what's best for LFC and if that means a united win so be it .

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Win for utd or draw tonight are good results for us.

5starpool wrote: »
    Win for utd or draw tonight are good results for us.

A draw still leaves the title in Citys hands.

Why puke ?? If a united win helps LFC then I hope they win . I want what's best for LFC and if that means a united win so be it .

Cheering for Utd for course.... would make me puke too :D

• Advertisement

It just doesn't feel right.

And can we all please remember the jinx rule should it be needed tonight?

It might not feel right but I'm an LFC fan first and if a team can do LFC a favour I want then to win .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

And can we all please remember the jinx rule should it be needed tonight?

No.

Just no.

It might not feel right but I'm an LFC fan first and if a team can do LFC a favour I want then to win .

There's wanting them to win, and there's actively cheering them on.
    2 very different things....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

A draw still leaves the title in Citys hands.

Both our hands really ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Hope United hockey City tonight.
    Any damage to a rival's points total, goal-difference or confidence is more than welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

id wear a utd jersey into work tomorrow if it could in some way guarantee they win tonight lol,its that important

There's wanting them to win, and there's actively cheering them on.
    2 very different things....

I have being saying since Saturday that I want them to win . In an ideal world it would be Everton or united being the team that puts everything into the hands of LFC .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

happy-to-sad-bus-ride-o.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement