Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Swansea are f*cking hopeless they have zero chance of getting any points from Arsenal tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Why puke ?? If a united win helps LFC then I hope they win . I want what's best for LFC and if that means a united win so be it .

Coz it just makes me feel diiirrrttttyyyy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Obviously we want a Man U victory tonight.,Many Man U fans want to lose as they fear a victory here could secure Moyes his job for next season.
    Win Win baby

Oh and I hear a couple of fans have backed City
    Win Win Win Baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Any photos from Tuam on 16th March of the guys celebrating in the Unites shirts when the Liverpool and United fans swapped jerseys for the match for a charity event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Dead wood I'd like to see go:

Borini
    Reina
    Coates
    Coady

Players given a year to prove themselves:

Robinson
    Alberto
    Aspas
    Kelly
    Assaidi

The opportunities should become available with the extra fixtures.

Players who should become prominent squad players next season:

Wisdom
    Suso

Players I'd like to see go if a good offer came in:
    Agger
    Skrtel
    Aspas
    Allen

Sign another striker. Michu would be a great signing imo because he can play the Coutinho role and can fill in for Sturridge and Suarez too.

Left back starter is badly needed too and a winger. Would rather money spent on quality starters and use the current loanees to bolster the squad next season.

My two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

magma69 wrote: »

Borini
    Reina
    Coates
    Coady

Robinson
    Alberto
    Aspas
    Kelly
    Assaidi

Wisdom
    Suso

Agger
    Skrtel
    Aspas
    Allen

Sign another striker. Michu would be a great signing imo because he can play the Coutinho role and can fill in for Sturridge and Suarez too.

Left back starter is badly needed too and a winger. Would rather money spent on quality starters and use the current loanees to bolster the squad next season.

My two cents.

Michu would be excessively priced and probably beyond the age profile for the cost.

Borini has shown some form with Sunderland so could become a useful squad player for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Borini dead wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Are we trying to build something here or are we gonna dismantle the whole team/squad year after year ?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Utd winning to help us win the league? Brilliant! Their fans will be feeling way worse than us.

AND Moyes more likely to keep his job.

Even when UTD fans are celebrating tomorrow we can still say thanks a million for helping us win the league.

The more I think about it the more I enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Borini dead wood?

I would have no problem with him being moved on, but not if it meant that Aspas was retained. If there is a choice to be made between them then Borini is the clear better option imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

5starpool wrote: »
    I would have no problem with him being moved on, but not if it meant that Aspas was retained. If there is a choice to be made between them then Borini is the clear better option imo.

I would keep Borini ahead of Assaidi too ,although I would like too see both get a chance and think calling either Deadwood is incorrect

slingerz wrote: »
    Michu would be excessively priced and probably beyond the age profile for the cost.

Borini has shown some form with Sunderland so could become a useful squad player for Liverpool

Running around like a headless chicken isn't my idea of useful. I like strikers that can score. He should be 4th choice striker if he's to stay. Can't see him having much of an impact coming off the bench.

Maybe Michu would be too pricy, if we could get him at a reasonable price I think he'd be a fantastic asset to the team for the next 4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Stevie will probably take a yellow tomorrow night would make no sense to bring in Lucas at home against Sunderland he would bring absolutely nothing to the table

Borini dead wood?

Yes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Stevie will probably take a yellow tomorrow night would make no sense to bring in Lucas at home against Sunderland he would bring absolutely nothing to the table

He'd bring plenty to the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Borini dead wood?

Mike got his hands on him :(

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Espcore ‏@espcore 1h Spanish show Punto Pelota report that Antoine Griezmann has agreed to join PSG. #RealSociedad
    world of football ‏@acmilanews1899 1h
    L'Equipe: Antonio Griezman comfirms that he will join #PSG in the summer

iZhQ1bAn2J0dG.gif

5starpool wrote: »

I would give him some time in this Liverpool set up before making a decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

A draw still leaves the title in Citys hands.

We just win all our remaining games and it doesn't matter!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My two cents in bold.
    magma69 wrote: »

Borini Keep unless a very good offer comes in
    Reina A bit of me thinks he'd be good for the CL squad, but he may not like that
    Coates hard to know
    Coady Off to Sheffield Utd I reckon, has done increasingly well for them

Robinson worth bringing back as 2nd LB
    Alberto loan
    Aspas sell
    Kelly sell
    Assaidi keep if Ibe goes on loan for season

Wisdom 2nd choice RB
    Suso bring back

Agger sell
    Skrtel keep
    Aspas sell
    Allen keep

A wide attacker/striker is most likely type I'd say If Suarez/Sturridge/Borini are at the club the other front man needs to be flexible or he'll hardly get a game.

I'd give Enrique pre-season to show he is fixed, but otherwise yes a LB is vital.

My two cents.

What I want to see is a strong agile CM/DM.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Well that's Griezmann knocked off my wing forward shortlist. I was looking forward to a failed bid for him in the summer.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Well that's Griezmann knocked off my wing forward shortlist. I was looking forward to a failed bid for him in the summer.

And Arsenal 'chasing' him for the whole summer before signing an unknown French player.

'Quick lads, stick his name on the banner beside Higuain.'

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I would give him some time in this Liverpool set up before making a decision.

Unless there are injuries or severe loss of form then I can't see him getting time in the set up though. As things stand Borini will never be a first choice for us. He may get some game time in a 55 games season, but I couldn't see him starting more than 10/15 games, and as we know it can be hard to show form if you are in/out of the team.

Assuming we get CL for next season, we will presumably be strengthening in the forward positions anyhow, providing even more competition, so I personally don't think we will see Borini have a successful career at Liverpool either way. I may be wrong, but that's how I see it.

lets be having some of this tomorrow night...

dance Danny dance

BiI2uEjCMAAnG3o.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I still find it so hard to look up the table rather than down. Is this **** really happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

A draw still leaves the title in Citys hands.

I'm pretty sure that even if city lose tonight the title will be in their own hands anyway as will be the case for us. Same as with a draw, only if city win will the title not be in our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Poyet wrote:
    Without Suarez, they would probably be in mid-table. It’s not about how they play, how they defend, how they pass the ball, it’s about having a player who is going to be voted the best player of the year by everybody, if we are honest.

Sorry if already posted. Is he trying to be clever with "mind games" or does he actually believe this? He sounds like an awful gob****e either way

NukaCola wrote: »
    Sorry if already posted. Is he trying to be clever with "mind games" or does he actually believe this? He sounds like an awful gob****e either way

Not that they needed any more motivation, but for the other ten starting in red tomorrow tonight, I look forward to their response on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'd love if Rodgers said well without Poyet, Sunderland would probably be a mid table team too.

Poyet has been a supporter of Suarez since he moved here so I wouldn't read too much into what he says.

• Advertisement

Poyet has been a supporter of Suarez since he moved here so I wouldn't read too much into what he says.

That's true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

niallo27 wrote: »
    I still find it so hard to look up the table rather than down. Is this **** really happening.

I'm the opposite.

Have almost forgotten about Spurs, Everton etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Poyet is just bigging up his Mate.

luis-suarez_2623768b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Biggin up his mate or not, it's completely unnecessary.

Biggin up his mate or not, it's completely unnecessary.

It's just writing the team talk for the Liverpool players tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Without BBC, Poyet would have turned up to work in Brighton the next day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Even the Sunderland fans agree it was a stupid thing to be saying. Some great comments :pac:
    Taken out of context I hope.
    I ****ing hope so ..... It's like poking a tiger with a stick, when you know you're just about to get into it's cage
    Well done Gus, let's give the most in-form team in the league even more reason to batter us, tomorrow night is going to be ****ing embarrassing.
    Done Liverpools team talk for them. That was nice of him.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/poyet-liverpool-a-mid-table-side-without-suarez.896666/

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

The one man team jibe was more or less accurate for spurs last season. Not true for Liverpool this year. Other players and the manager garner equal credit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

bad2dabone wrote: »
    The one man team jibe was more or less accurate for spurs last season. Not true for Liverpool this year. Other players and the manager garner equal credit.

It's one thing I've noticed and actually passed comment on over the weekend. I haven't read a single post, blog, anything at all saying we are a one man team. It's quite strange that someone hasn't used it as a stick to (falsely) beat us with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I do remember somebody posting that we're only doing well because Suarez is having a beast season, I think it was just a round about way off saying it was definitely nothing to do with BR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I think without Suarez we'd still be fighting for fourth, but he's the reason we're fighting for the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Johnson would be my 2nd choice penalty taker.

I like Rakitic but not for 15M and Suso!!

See M'villa being linked again. :)

Vamos UTD!!

Utd going with a diamond midfield by the looks of it.

interested to see what City do as it will give us a good idea for our game at Anfield.

I'm guessing the wings will be in play a lot this eve.

No Shinji, no hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    No Shinji, no hope.

Whenever there's Demichelis, there's always hope!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It's win win tonight really...A Utd win or a draw and they're doing us a favour. A City win and we get to laugh at Utd losing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think without Suarez we'd still be fighting for fourth, but he's the reason we're fighting for the league.

I don't see why people think this way.

Isn't that the point of great players?

Would Utd have won league last season without van Persie?
    Would Liverpool have won as much in the 80's without Dalglish and later Barnes?

What about teams without Messi and Ronaldo?

Argentina without Maradonna.
    France without Zidane
    Fulham without Konchesky
    Arsenal without Henry or Viera

Great players make huge contributions but teams should not be criticised for having them. Team did very well without Suarez at end of last season and start of this anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't see why people think this way.

Isn't that the point of great players?

Would Utd have won league last season without van Persie?
    Would Liverpool have won as much in the 80's without Dalglish and later Barnes?

What about teams without Messi and Ronaldo?

Argentina without Maradonna.
    France without Zidane
    Fulham without Konchesky
    Arsenal without Henry or Viera

Great players make huge contributions but teams should not be criticised for having them. Team did very well without Suarez at end of last season and start of this anyway.

Exactly the sentiments of what I was gonna post. It's a silly comment to be fair on many levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Konchesky ...heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Without Suarez, we'd have won the league already. Twice.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement