Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Supposed to be a serious banner and flag night tomorrow at Anfield. Should be rocking!

Yeah heading over myself the place will be rocking can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

What makes moyes look worse Everton making champions league or utd not

K-9 wrote: »
    And Liverpool in a title challenge.

Telling ye lads, it's the 80's reincarnated!

Fcuk this, I'm buying a rubix cube tomorrow and getting a perm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Dub13 wrote: »
    Yes it will be, I would be buzzing to be a 7 year old and able to life a big banner up in front of the kop. Its the kind of stuff money cant buy.

can we see your banner? or do we have to wait until tomorrow night? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

MarkY91 wrote: »
    can we see your banner? or do we have to wait until tomorrow night? :p

The poor kids going to have to hold the Gigantic Irishkop banner all on his own !

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

niallo27 wrote: »
    Be funny if Everton got 4th and utd won the champions league.

No set of circumstances that involve utd winning the CL would be funny unless it involved a later disqualification for them or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Dub13 wrote: »
    Taken the young lad to the Sunderland game tomorrow, have not told him yet but sticking him on banner duty he will be over the moon the kop will be rocking.

More like the young lad takes his dad out for the day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

5starpool wrote: »
    No set of circumstances that involve utd winning the CL would be funny unless it involved a later disqualification for them or something.

Because their manager was off his head on acid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

What makes moyes look worse Everton making champions league or utd not

Apparently Martinez isn't that great so if he gets them to CL in his first season........

That's something that gets missed, particularly by United fans trying to scoff at Everton comparisons with Moyes. Sometimes in times of crisis the obvious gets missed.

Just being a Liverpool fan makes us all kids this season!

City will drop points somewhere and I, the eternal realist, is actually considering the possibility that we might win our last 8 games!

Normally I'd be thinking Spurs, City and Chelsea at home, 5 points would be good there, 3 tough away games, West Ham, Palace and Norwich, we're terrible away, 6 points there would be good going.

In 2 short months I've gone to, fcuk it, let's just win them all!

It'll be one hell of a comedown when it all gos tits up.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Apparently Martinez isn't that great so if he gets them to CL in his first season........

That's something that gets missed, particularly by United fans trying to scoff at Everton comparisons with Moyes. Sometimes in times of crisis the obvious gets missed.

Just being a Liverpool fan makes us all kids this season!

City will drop points somewhere and I, the eternal realist, is actually considering the possibility that we might win our last 8 games!

Normally I'd be thinking Spurs, City and Chelsea at home, 5 points would be good there, 3 tough away games, West Ham, Palace and Norwich, we're terrible away, 6 points there would be good going.

In 2 short months I've gone to, fcuk it, let's just win them all!

It'll be one hell of a comedown when it all gos tits up.

Focus on the positive.

At least you will have tits to play with...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

There's no way we're going on a 14 game winning streak.

Thing is City and Chelsea are going to drop points along the way too so who knows what will happen.

3rd place would be amazing - beating last year by 4 places (and a lot of points and God knows how many goals), exceeding expectations by maybe 2 places and getting automatic qualification to the Champions League group stages. All of this and there's an outside chance that we'll have scored more goals than any premier league team ever (103 I believe is the target).

It's been a hell of a ride and it aint over yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

have to say i'm really enjoying the season.

it's like i'm personally writing all of the results myself.

i too want to pinch myself to make sure i'm not dreaming.

the last few weeks have been particularly enjoyable.

i just hope moyesie doesn't get sacked anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

GTR63 wrote: »
    Off Topic but Scholes has been the most honest pundit on Sky in years tonite.

What did he say? I went for a bag of chips after the match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

hefferboi wrote: »
    What did he say? I went for a bag of chips after the match!

budgemook wrote: »
    There's no way we're going on a 14 game winning streak.

I never thought we'd be unbeaten this year, 4 tough away wins on the trot. The team has done everything asked of them so who knows?
    Thing is City and Chelsea are going to drop points along the way too so who knows what will happen.

3rd place would be amazing - beating last year by 4 places (and a lot of points and God knows how many goals), exceeding expectations by maybe 2 places and getting automatic qualification to the Champions League group stages. All of this and there's an outside chance that we'll have scored more goals than any premier league team ever (103 I believe is the target).

It's been a hell of a ride and it aint over yet.

I suppose unlike 08/09, it's very close to in our own hands. But taking the head down out of the clouds, 3rd would be brilliant and ahead of all our expectations. For me, it's still Chelseas to lose but if we don't get to May without even a slim possibility of a title, I'll be disappointed.

I was on about the statistician guys earlier, they'd City on 84, Chelsea 83 and us 81. Wouldn't take a hell of a lot for that to change!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

scholes is alright for a manc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

:eek: you mean you don't have one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

MarkY91 wrote: »
    scholes is alright for a manc :D

Only player I've genuinely liked who's ever played for them. Serious footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Eight Ball wrote: »
    God only knows what they will do to that United team over two legs.

United are 6/1 to win at old trafford.:eek:

From a purely pragmatic viewpoint I want Everton to beat Arsenal to 4th.
    When the summer rolls around that would give us a big leg up over them regarding potential competition for signings.
    I don't believe that Arsenal could maintain that same draw that United might without CL footie, while Everton shouldn't really be a threat in that regard.

It makes perfect sense in my head anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Drank all the beer in the pub. Forgot who I wanted to win. Yay football.

Perms were 70's rarnes, mullets is where it is at. Tut, tut, can't even do retro trend setting right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Perms were 70's rarnes, mullets is where it is at. Tut, tut, can't even do retro trend setting right.

Give me rarnes a break, it's not easy juggling god knows how many personas at once. It takes up all of my I mean, I imagine it must take up most of his time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I feel quite sure Liverpool will at least get 3rd but would love *Kevin Keegan voice* if we won it.

There were perms about in the 80's in Ireland anyway! Saying that the fashion trends back then probably took 5-10 years to catch on! I'd say Mike had a mullet.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Harry Kewell has retired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Harry Kewell has retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Bjmq7VOIAAAWR-N.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Interesting reading in both the Arsenal and ManU threads this morning...not happy campers at all at all.

Moyes really has been handed a sh1t sandwich in fairness and he's chowing down big time on it.

A new manager in to handle a highly successfull but ageing squad? Tick

The new manager has had a medium level of success at a smaller club..and is possibly waaaaaaay out of his depth? Tick

He's like Graeme Hodgson or Roy Souness.

Anyway, hope we annihilate Sunderland tonight although I'll settle for nervy 6-5 win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Bjmq7VOIAAAWR-N.jpg

2011 was a bad year for newspaper articles at the Giggs household, I think it's fair to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

There were perms about in the 80's in Ireland anyway! Saying that the fashion trends back then probably took 5-10 years to catch on! I'd say Mike had a mullet.

Id say Mike still has a mullet :eek:

wtf_mullet_guy.jpg

• Advertisement

Sunderland fans point of view on Borini

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/159846-borini-has-been-a-9-10-for-black-cats

from the club website so pinch of salt and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

all going well Toffees game against City on May 3rd could be massive for both Liverpool clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

Grayditch wrote: »
    Drank all the beer in the pub. Forgot who I wanted to win. Yay football.

Was sad initially that UTD couldn't do us a favour by somehow holding City to perhaps a draw........then remembered it was UTD getting battered - again, and was happy despite what it means for us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

gafferino wrote: »
    Id say Mike still has a mullet :eek:

PIC REMOVED

I do need a cut but never had a mullet, German hair! :pac:

Demba Ba says he's off in the summer. Could do worse.

Versatile intelligent player, can play up top or on the sides. Good finisher.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I rarely bother with the mancs thread but its fecking hilarious over there lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

djPSB wrote: »
    Demba Ba says he's off in the summer. Could do worse.

Versatile intelligent player, can play up top or on the sides. Good finisher.

No thanks, he's a decent player but let's see what Borini can do.

N point investing in older players with big salaries that won't improve the starting XI imo.

To think that many (most?) wanted Ba over Sturridge in that January window!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

gafferino wrote: »
    Swansea are f*cking hopeless they have zero chance of getting any points from Arsenal tonight.

You were saying :D

PMSL
    I suppose unlike 08/09, it's very close to in our own hands. But taking the head down out of the clouds, 3rd would be brilliant and ahead of all our expectations. For me, it's still Chelseas to lose but if we don't get to May without even a slim possibility of a title, I'll be disappointed

If we win all our games, we will beat Chelsea into second, but need City to slip up elsewhere. I don't think we can win them all though, I think we now have 6 on the bounce, so to win them all would be 14 on the bounce.... asking an awful lot. However, I do not see Chelsea taking all available points between now and end of season also, so I believe we can and will finish Second to City......... Lets just hope they can find a few banana skins to slip on :P

Demba Ba can take his mercenary ass somewhere else. No thanks.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Demba Ba can take his mercenary ass somewhere else. No thanks.

Age isn't on Ba's side but I think he'd fit our team better than the likes of Benteke and Lukaku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Jaysus, i wont get any work done today, too busy reading the manU thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89636793&postcount=4415

but sure we've never finished outside the top 4 before confused.png

Classic:D

djPSB wrote: »
    Age isn't on Ba's side but I think he'd fit our team better than the likes of Benteke and Lukaku.

He'd demand too much wages only to then be looking to leave in 12 months anyway, for my liking.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

5live wrote: »

Well you know that football was only invented and first played on April 20th 1991 so his is right ;)

Most Utd supporters don't know about life before SKY/PL and most Liverpool supporters only remember life before SKY/PL :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Dcully wrote: »
    I rarely bother with the mancs thread but its fecking hilarious over there lately.

They are trolling themselves over there at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

I do like reading around other forums, opposition fans seem to weigh alot of our success on the fact we've no europe, a helping factor yes but they're putting too much weight onto that opinion imo. We finished 7th last year and had europa, we are 3rd now, its hardly worth what will likely be a 15 point swing come seasons end.
    Also injuries! We've had more than our fair share, suarez (suspension) coutinho,sturridge,gerrard,agger x2, sakho, johnson,enrique,allen, gerrard, sturridge all been injured for a while, not just one offs either. You could conceivably say our entire first choice back line was injured all at once over for a decent amount of time. The only clean bills of health weve had is mignolet,skrtel,hendo,sterling and suarez barring his suspension.
    Others say we'll struggle with europe next year, fcuk it bring it on. We've proved everyone massively wrong this season, more of that next year too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

klose wrote: »
    I do like reading around other forums, opposition fans seem to weigh alot of our success on the fact we've no europe, a helping factor yes but they're putting too much weight onto that opinion imo. We finished 7th last year and had europa, we are 3rd now, its hardly worth what will likely be a 15 point swing come seasons end.
    Also injuries! We've had more than our fair share, suarez (suspension) coutinho,sturridge,gerrard,agger x2, sakho, johnson,enrique,allen, gerrard, sturridge all been injured for a while, not just one offs either. You could conceivably say our entire first choice back line was injured all at once over for a decent amount of time. The only clean bills of health weve had is mignolet,skrtel,hendo,sterling and suarez barring his suspension.
    Others say we'll struggle with europe next year, fcuk it bring it on. We've proved everyone massively wrong this season, more of that next year too.

We will certainly struggle if the squad isnt strengthened properly. Even the top teams struggle with the Premier League and European games it really takes its toll on a squad. We were very lucky this year not to have Europa league

Gabby Paletta is desired by Juventus, who could have foreseen his career?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Of course what he should have said was top 3 :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement