Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

GTR63 wrote: »
    Yeah I want Moyes to be left alone & get a vote of confidence. :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

david-moyes-memehey-hey-luis-david-moyes---make-a-meme-dzz1oshp.jpg

not at all. just IMO its the has been squad fergie left thats the real problem at united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

May have been posted but this is fantastic!

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Jordan is Dumb.

He already answered Hair Gel, that's why Lucas was prodding him to be Clever, and yet he answered Legs. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Jordan is Dumb.

He already answered Hair Gel, that's why Lucas was prodding him to be Clever, and yet he answered Legs. :D

To be honest I think the "clever" thing was what put him off, making him think 'what do I earn my living with".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

MarkY91 wrote: »
    not at all. just IMO its the has been squad fergie left thats the real problem at united

Aye a whole new back 4 needed, more quality out wide & centre of midfield is a problem area for a while as Scholes pointed out last nite.
    But thats their problems not ours :D

I think it was on the Guardian football podcast they were also talking about this last week. Tony Evans saying Rodgers didn't want Sturridge. He had vetoed the deal completely in a previous transfer window and was forced to take him in January window. (Pinch of salt as with all these things)

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Think it was reported about August 2012 that we were interested, but it was big enough money maybe something like £18 Million and needless to say it didn't go down well here. I do think it was mentioned Rodgers preferred getting him on loan first, that's my recollection anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Isint tony evans that eejit that still persists lambert is a better manager then rodgers?

K-9 wrote: »
    Think it was reported about August 2012 that we were interested, but it was big enough money maybe something like £18 Million and needless to say it didn't go down well here. I do think it was mentioned Rodgers preferred getting him on loan first, that's my recollection anyway.

Evans claims above that the Sturridge deal was all done. Manager was OK with it and paperwork just need to signed. First thing was to get rid of Carroll which Rodgers OK'd and then after Carroll had gone he pulled the plug on the Sturridge deal. Evans makes it out like it was some kind of powerplay move by Rodgers to force the owners into buying elsewhere (Dempsey).

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

opr wrote: »
    Evans claims above that the Sturridge deal was all done. Manager was OK with it and paperwork just need to signed. First thing was to get rid of Carroll which Rodgers OK'd and then after Carroll had gone he pulled the plug on the Sturridge deal. Evans makes it out like it was some kind of powerplay move by Rodgers to force the owners into buying elsewhere (Dempsey).

Opr

Using Sturridge in a power play to get Dempsey seems odd, particularly with the owners such skinflints over his valuation.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

That Suarez vid is brilliant!

K-9 wrote: »
    Using Sturridge in a power play to get Dempsey seems odd, particularly with the owners such skinflints over his valuation.

The valuation came down to his age though rather than being frugal with money. Apparently they were quite happy to pay 18m for Sturridge in the same window, so the money was available for a player as long as the valuation was considered right. It has been the same for a number of players since. FSG/Club have a valuation in mind for a player which we're prepared to pay and after that we play hardball. I presume they have a number cruncher in the background doing this moneyball style.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

opr wrote: »
    I think it was on the Guardian football podcast they were also talking about this last week. Tony Evans saying Rodgers didn't want Sturridge. He had vetoed the deal completely in a previous transfer window and was forced to take him in January window. (Pinch of salt as with all these things)

Opr

That would be the Times "The Game" podcast, he is a regular. Never been on Football Weekly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

My memory of it was Rodgers wanted a loan to buy and Sturridge turned it down as he wanted a permanent move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Knex. wrote: »
    I remember in some old Championship Manager, early 00s anyway, I tried to sign Harry Kewell from Leeds with a bit of 60m.

They were having none of it.

He had the world at his feet before injuries kicked in, and it was such a shame the way his career tailed off after all that early promise.

But then you signed Cherno Samba and everything was awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Loan to buy is a double edged sword...if Sturridge had come in on loan first and performed like he did we probably would have faced competition to buy him.

On the other hand if we splunked out on Moses and Sakho at the start of the season a lot of people would have been pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Loan to buy is a double edged sword...if Sturridge had come in on loan first and performed like he did we probably would have faced competition to buy him.

On the other hand if we splunked out on Moses and Sakho at the start of the season a lot of people would have been pissed.

Go easy on the Sakho hate.

Or you will have egg on your face. Lots of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Whoever is in charge of getting transfers done at Liverpool needs to up their game. We cannot afford to go into a Champions League campaign missing out on big signings like we have recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Turtyturd wrote: »

Sahko is permanent, Cissohko is the loan player ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ahh lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I am pie wrote: »
    Sahko is permanent, Cissohko is the loan player ?

Insert Rainier Wolfcastle 'that's the joke' meme here.

Think we have a case of Marrineritis in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Bit of both really, sure Moyes gutted the coaching staff of a title winning side and stuck his own team in there including the likes of Phil Neville.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

scenes outside anfield tonight. gong to be some athmosphere!

10156162_748815285150483_6653542_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Makes a huge difference from the last night game I saw there.
    Spurs two years ago.
    I've been to livelier wakes!
    Only for the Anfield cat nothing would've happened that night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Spine tingling tbh.
    I can only imagine what the atmosphere is like in the pubs around the ground.

Not sure I was this tense the morning of my wedding.

Will need heavy sedation soon if we keep winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sturridge : loving every minute interview on sky sports 1 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Sturridge : loving every minute interview on sky sports 1 now

He just seems happy to be playing football. Really down to earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Could be a few players we'd be looking at from both teams, let alone just Pjanic.

Kevin Strootman please and thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

hefferboi wrote: »

Done his acl i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

barone wrote: »
    Done his acl i believe

He did and all, my bad. Was playing very well before it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

hefferboi wrote: »

As said, done his ACL sadly, otherwise I'd be with you!

Had in mind that we're looking at a couple if not more from Cerci, Immobile, Pjanic and Dodo. I think all have been linked with us as one point or another, Pjanic going back to his Lyon days and Dodo most recently.

The IrishKop banner on show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Is it just me or is Johnson the most Frustrating Liverpool Player to Watch?

Got the Talent and the Athleticism, but Dear me, his Decision-making, makes me want to Punch the TV.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Is it just me or is Johnson the most Frustrating Liverpool Player to Watch?

Got the Talent and the Athleticism, but Dear me, his Decision-making, makes me want to Punch the TV.

As a Liverpool fan, that Ade guy was spot on about Johnson.

Rarnes

As a Liverpool fan F*ck off Sturridge.

C'mon Sunderland

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Do you know what this team has something really special about it and I fűcking love it.

I haven't felt this way since the Dalglish era cause this team posses that special bit of magic that was evident back then.

Yes Rafa's time was brill but I think Brendan Rodgers team and philosophy has that X Factor and magic only found at LFC.

I think we are seeing the early days of something really special develop here.

happy time folks - happy times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Theres the glen johnson i know and hate

Fucmkiweu9 j4t6]0-4q6n3]-q8564]908

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That last 20 mins has left a weird, and bad taste.

We were cruising until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Lucky, lucky, lucky.

Still won though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Big win.

Bigger tests ahead though. Need to be more ruthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

We need to learn to keep possession under pressure. SO nervy at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I did a little multiple fist pump at full time there. I wonder how much money it would take for me to turn me. I would have won 600 quid if Sunderland equalized.

I suppose this is how most teams feel most weeks of the season and that is something to bear in mind - we've been spoilt rotten.

That said Rodgers refusing to swap Coutinho for Lucas was perplexing - sometimes shutting the door is a reasonable tactic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Fantastic win. Cant cruise all the time!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement