Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Someone has to fill me in about this as a liverpool fan thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

that got nervy take the 3 pts happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

tumblr_li4e09Mdbh1qaqps8o1_500.gif

tumblr_mcmausFIzs1r4t7nto1_400.gif

**** me to tears that was some nervy stuff.

Can only hope we look back on that Sunderland freekick that went across a gaping goal the same way we look back on that Gudjohnson shot in the CL semi-final in 05.

7 on the trot.

Still all to play for.

It's going to be really tough, it's certainly going to be nervy as hell, and it could be heart-breaking, but there's no reason why this title can't be ours.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Glad we.got a game/performance like that out of the way just before the tough games coming up next.

you sometimes learn more from a game like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Scaped home but it's 3 more points. 7 to go and if they are all scrappy 1-0/2-1 I'll take that.

• Advertisement

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Lucky, lucky, lucky.

Still won though.

I don't think we were lucky.

It would have been almost game over before half time had the ref done his job correctly.

Apart from that key decision I thought we had a number of decisions go against us all night.

We've been spoiled with goals galore recently. Massive 3 points against a team fighting for survival.

32 points from the last 36 :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Glad we.got a game/performance like that out of the way just before the tough games coming up next.

you sometimes learn more from a game like that.

I dont think we learn much defensively. Its pretty ropey week after week
    I just hope it wont be exposed badly in the big games coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Phew. That was nervy.

A nice reminder going into the Spurs game that we have our faults and we need to take our chances when they come.

1 point off first.

Champions league almost guaranteed.

17 points ahead of United.

5 ahead of Arsenal aka fourth.

What an unbelievable season!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

So have I got this right?...

WWWWWWW

pretty isn't it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Glen Johnson is at times pure poison. So slow on the ball at times, hesitant when passing and just poor decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think the midweek games proved yet again that fellani is undoubtedly a far superior midfielder to gerrard:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

niallo27 wrote: »
    Someone has to fill me in about this as a liverpool fan thing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89636280&postcount=795

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

3 points from our game in hand is huge

I love sturridge. It's all about the team. Hope he wins a World Cup with England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Crowd were awful tonight. They put unnecessary pressure on the team from a very early stage when it remained 0-0. They then started this party atmosphere in the ground like the game was over at 2-0 which seemed to feed into the players. I expected a champions league quarter/semi final atmosphere with a crowd roaring on the team with a wall of noise from start to finish but it was nothing of the sort.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

The ref had a shocker , a win is a win is a win though , 7 wins in a row in the bag , 7 more to potential greatness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Lucky, lucky, lucky.

Still won though.

Sorry but I don't agree.

Yes it was nervy but we were not lucky tonight.

We were two up and Sunderland got lucky as we let them back in.

Held on well till the end despite being never wracking for us to watch.

Definite game we'd have thrown away in seasons past but they didn't.

Think it will do wonders for the confidence and will stand well to us in future games. You're not going to win a league easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

First time you could see the pressure effect us this year AND we won, massive three points as are all now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Agueroooo wrote: »

Yes Rafa's time was brill but I think Brendan Rodgers team and philosophy has that X Factor and magic only found at LFC.

Xfactor and Magic only at LFC???
    I completely disagree. The last 8 in the champs league has xfactor too, and many more also.

As a Liverpool fan.....this is fcuking fantastic.

Heading towards April in the mix.

Can't fcuking beat it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Thank f¥€k thats over:) ugly wins like that are true signs of (future) champions, over to spurs now for sunday.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Glen Johnson is at times pure poison. So slow on the ball at times, hesitant when passing and just poor decisions.

I've said it for a while now - 2 fullbacks likely need to be targeted in the summer.

Not saying that it should be the end of Johnson, but we could do with another option.

Sagna on a free was mooted as a possibility and I for one would be in favour of such a move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Here's a fact - the last time Liverpool won a home game 2-1 was against Wolverhampton in September 2011

Sagna on a free was mooted as a possibility and I for one would be in favour of such a move

Looks like City will have him

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

As a Liverpool fan I just want to say. ..

Goodnight lads.

WWWWWWW

rarnes1 wrote: »
    As a Liverpool fan.....this is fcuking fantastic.

Heading towards April in the mix.

Can't fcuking beat it

We're all bellends tra la la la. We are bellends tra la la.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I love sturridge. It's all about the team. Hope he wins a World Cup with England.

I will have a bit of whatever you are taking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fourth place all but in the bag, in the driving seat for third and a possibility of winning the title. All I can say is wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Loved seeing stevie giving skrtel a bollocking after o sheas header. Dealing with corners remains our downfall, i hope adebayor is out sunday as hes brilliant in the air (when hes arsed). Mignolet needs to start coming off his line.

In any case.....fcuking over the moon here, one point off top with 7 to play!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

We're all bellends tra la la la. We are bellends tra la la.

The best shower of bellends in the land tra la la

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ah man how nervous was that, my heart is still pounding, and we have to go through it all again on sunday fcuk me im gonna be in the looney bin before this bloody season is over:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ffs no match of the day tonight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

City's game against Arsenal is just going to be critical. Hopefully, after their defeat and the draw against Swansea, they will come out strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The game on sunday will be a little easier I reckon, Tottenham will want to win and Sherwood loves to play that high line defence.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

We're not going to steamroll every team we come play now till the end of the season. A win is a win, and a crap ref is a crap ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Is motd on tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Have to say. That was one to forget.

Passing was not good at all but a win is a win. :)

Roll on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Morzadec wrote: »
    I don't think we were lucky.

It would have been almost game over before half time had the ref done his job correctly.

Apart from that key decision I thought we had a number of decisions go against us all night.

Agreed. Thought ref was a disgrace. Gave us literally nothing. Vergini should have been sent off twice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

City's game against Arsenal is just going to be critical. Hopefully, after their defeat and the draw against Swansea, they will come out strong.

They kind of have to, if they get nowt against City then they'll find themselves all of a sudden in a fight for 4th. At the very least, I expect them to go down fighting rather than tamely rolling over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Think if they were going to come out strong it would have been yesterday, fully expect them to lie down for City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

opr wrote: »
    Crowd were awful tonight. They put unnecessary pressure on the team from a very early stage when it remained 0-0. They then started this party atmosphere in the ground like the game was over at 2-0 which seemed to feed into the players. I expected a champions league quarter/semi final atmosphere with a crowd roaring on the team with a wall of noise from start to finish but it was nothing of the sort.

Opr

I think that's extremely harsh tbh. The crowd were getting edgy based on some terrible refereeing decisions coupled with us not getting our usual early goal/s. I also find it bizarre you slate the crowd for celebrating being 2 nil up ? The crowd can hardly control what gets fed into the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Flano was bad for the goal. Just before it he was asleep and Agger had to jump in and block the shot. Then he totally got caught for the corner. Seemed to wake him up though and he was solid for the last 20. Think everyone was nervy tonight, including the crowd and manager. Hopefully they get that out of the system (first home game in weeks) and get back to enjoying the game and letting the results take care of themselves.

Actually think it could be a blessing that spurs won last Sun as they might continue with the defensive high line this Sunday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Great to get the win. Just looked at Chelsea's run in though and I think bar when they come to Anfield they have it handyenough. I'd say we'll have to win all our games but it's great to be involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I really Love Brendan Rodgers. He is a class act. Would really love for him being an Irish man too to bring the PL trophy back to Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Is motd on tonight?

It's not on the listings anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Is it just me or is Johnson the most Frustrating Liverpool Player to Watch?

Got the Talent and the Athleticism, but Dear me, his Decision-making, makes me want to Punch the TV.

He's so lethargic on the ball.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Poyet talking out of his arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement