Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Not our day but did well in the second half. Nice bit of fixture congestion now for City Arsenal and Everton... and as Jose keeps on saying 1game a week for us from here on.

The way they celebrated at the end shows that we are a threat and we're back amongst the big boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    I like Arsenal, wouldn't begrudge them.

I don't and I would. :D Only ourselves to blame today however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm depressed, not used to losing games and not scoring from open play. Sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I think today showed Liverpool need to score 1st.

If Danny scored that chance in the first 2 mins could have been such a different game, again the curse of the sub keeper having a blinder and Liverpool attackers being wasteful.

Really hopeful now as i feel if that was last season or earlier this season with Arsenal scoring so quick in the 2nd half Liverpool would have just died and lost that game 3 or 4 nil.

8 games since Liverpool were not beat as Webb as ref, really hope he gets no more of our games between now and the end of the season.

Yes he did not book or send of Sterling and Gerrad was lucky.

But then if he gets that call correct there is no reaction from Sterling, and well if he went ahead and booked Gerrard and did not book Podolski for a similar challenge would have been a real joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The way they celebrated at the end shows that we are a threat and we're back amongst the big boys.

Not yet, getting there though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Who are you & why are you obsessed with me? :confused:

I'm Vinz, nice to meet you. I'm sorry to break it to you but I'm not obsessed with you, I just like to get a feel of what posters are genuine and those who aren't. You fall into the second category. But it's ok, you have the same people jumping to your defence every time someone pulls you on your appearances after defeats so I'll leave it alone from now on. Good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Surprise surprise alan shows up after a defeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Bigtime.

No excuses now.

Life waits on no man. I wouldn't have said the manager or squad are near ready, but here it is on a plate. People will say I'm mad, but I'll be slightly disappointed now if we don't run what's ahead of us close.

I'll be ****ing outraged if we don't finish in the top four from here.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Okey dokey:

Feb 23 Liverpool v Swansea City
    Mar 1 Southampton v Liverpool
    Mar 10 Liverpool v Sunderland
    Mar 16 Manchester United v Liverpool
    Mar 22 Cardiff City v Liverpool
    Mar 30 Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur
    Apr 5 West Ham United v Liverpool
    Apr 12 Liverpool v Manchester City
    Apr 19 Norwich City v Liverpool
    Apr 26 Liverpool v Chelsea
    May 3 Crystal Palace v Liverpool
    May 11 Liverpool v Newcastle United

No midweek games
    No competitive conflicts
    No more than one game per week

We may never get a better run at this thing, that's all I'm saying.

Isn't there a chance that some of our fixtures could be moved to midweek due to cup games? Not that it matters, I'm being very optimistic and giving us 0 defeats and 28 points between now and the end of the season. Let's just hope it's enough.

Lads posting here a few months calling out lads who have been posting here for years and years. Not genuine? lol

• Advertisement

Life waits on no man. I wouldn't have said the manager or squad are near ready, but here it is on a plate. People will say I'm mad, but I'll be slightly disappointed now if we don't run what's ahead of us close.

I'll be ****ing outraged if we don't finish in the top four from here.

I'll be completely flabbergasted if we don't finish in the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Alan has posted plenty of times after games won lost and drawn. Its more annoying reading post moaning about him.

And probably more annoying people moaning about people moaning about him. So, i dont know why i bothered being honest.

Bollox he was happy to spend the entire summer here putting down any positivity. Its no coincidence he is more visible after a loss.
    ffs the guy is so transparent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lads posting here a few months calling out lads who have been posting here for years and years. Not genuine? lol

Pilsbury Doughboy is gonna be pissed he missed the chance the stalk Alan.

Does the fact I'm only here a few months make my opinion on something less important? How do I prove myself to you oh great one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wenger can't even keep a straight face there when asked if he saw the not given peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

mosstin wrote: »
    Only ourselves to blame today however.
    Yes let's not hide behind Howard and his bad decisions Liverpool had enough chances today to win 3 games but again conceded 2 goals against an ordinary attack. You cannot rely on the attackers to score 2/3 goals every day in order to win games. Agger returned today and was no improvement on kolo. The forwards are going to have off days but the defense has to be better than they have been recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

One less thing to worry about lads #ouryear :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Isn't there a chance that some of our fixtures could be moved to midweek due to cup games? Not that it matters, I'm being very optimistic and giving us 0 defeats and 28 points between now and the end of the season. Let's just hope it's enough.

Sunderland game most likely will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I wonder what the odds on you appearing today would have been :D

I wish people would stop with this BS. I don't agree with everything Alan or Lloyd say but these comments every time we lose are stupid.

People need to get over it.

It was a good game and I'm pissed off we lost but we could have easily one. Putting Arsenal out of the cup would have been nice, just to hamper their chances of winning a trophy for another season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Okey dokey:

Feb 23 Liverpool v Swansea City
    Mar 1 Southampton v Liverpool
    Mar 10 Liverpool v Sunderland
    Mar 16 Manchester United v Liverpool
    Mar 22 Cardiff City v Liverpool
    Mar 30 Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur
    Apr 5 West Ham United v Liverpool
    Apr 12 Liverpool v Manchester City
    Apr 19 Norwich City v Liverpool
    Apr 26 Liverpool v Chelsea
    May 3 Crystal Palace v Liverpool
    May 11 Liverpool v Newcastle United

No midweek games
    No competitive conflicts
    No more than one game per week

We may never get a better run at this thing, that's all I'm saying.

Sunderland game will be midweek and Man City will be unless Wigan pull off another shock so that's 2 midweek games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

I'm sick of reading this shit. If it's really something you need to say, take it to PM for fuck sake.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

being out of the FA Cup would make me now think that 3rd should be our lowest target.

as has already been mentioned....its in our own hands, no excuses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

thought we were very good and played them off the park for most of the game

never seen arsenal play in such desperate manner

it could have been another mauling if we took a few of our chances

but what leaves a bitter taste in the mouth is webb not giving that second pen, why oh why don't we publically call him on it - it'll be worth the fine, rodgers should just come out and say "it is happening almost every game that webb referees us that some major decision goes against us - we'd prefer him not to referee us in the future because he is at best incredibly incompetent during our games"

it'll be the best £50,000 fine we ever pick up to not have webb grace us with his presence for the forseeable future

jenno86 wrote: »
    I wish people would stop with this BS. I don't agree with everything Alan or Lloyd say but these comments every time we lose are stupid.

It was a good game and I'm pissed off we lost but we could have easily one. Putting Arsenal out of the cup would have been nice, just to hamper their chances of winning a trophy for another season.

What does Lloyd have to do with anything? I didn't mention him and actually hold a lot of the same beliefs he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rob316 wrote: »
    Surprise surprise alan shows up after a defeat

I thought we played ok today apart from our finishing, I've made no comment in relation to the game whatsoever. Some ****ing obsessed little weirdos in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Yes let's not hide behind Howard and his bad decisions Liverpool had enough chances today to win 3 games but again conceded 2 goals against an ordinary attack. You cannot rely on the attackers to score 2/3 goals every day in order to win games. Agger returned today and was no improvement on kolo. The forwards are going to have off days but the defense has to be better than they have been recently.

Quiet...there's no place for sensible posting in this thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Does the fact I'm only here a few months make my opinion on something less important? How do I prove myself to you oh great one?

Alan posted the thread positively after the Fulham game. That was our last game. His post today was probably what a lot of people were thinking, questioning money to spend. Chap's faaaaaaaar from my favourit poster, but you need to relax, yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Agger really hates when an attacker is in his face. Absolutely great footballer but seems to hate when things get physical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Missed post match interviews, did Rodgers say anything about Webb?

I dont think its fair when a poster makes a post and gets abuse for posting. Especially a good poster who has contributed to this thread thousands of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

jenno86 wrote: »

Aye but then, ironically, it descends into a discussion of discussing something that doesn't need to be discussed. Or something. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Pilsbury Doughboy is gonna be pissed he missed the chance the stalk Alan.

'The Turd' your thanks ho'ing on here is rather embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I dont think its fair when a poster makes a post and gets abuse for posting. Especially a good poster who has contributed to this thread thousands of times.

You remind me of Andy Gray today re Steve Gerrard.
    You guys dating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Also, thought Flanagan was shown up today. Hopefully it was a once off but he was poor. He really needs to start working on his crosses, thats at least 2 I can remember he put over the crossbar from a good position. I'd give him a rest next weekend if Johnson is back.

Does the fact I'm only here a few months make my opinion on something less important?

No, it makes it wrong though. Any poster that hhave posted here for a decent amount of time knows what Alans like,

How do I prove myself to you oh great one?

Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

careca wrote: »
    Missed post match interviews, did Rodgers say anything about Webb?

Criticised decision not to give penalty for Oxlade-Chamberlain foul, backed up decision not to give Gerrard second yellow.

Slattsy wrote: »
    You remind me of Andy Gray today re Steve Gerrard.

Not quite :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Bit of a sickener over the Peno but other than that we had our chances and we didn't take any of them. We had better chances and looked more likely but must learn from that. Arsenal also timewasted and closed the game out well and that is ALSO something to learn from (not having a go at them for that every good team should be able to do that).

As Chelsea showed yesterday it is extremly difficult to be 100% in a short succession of time against a big rival and we just lacked that attacking in swarms like we did at Anfield. That said once we conceded it was all Liverpool for large parts of the game.

Talking about tactics ... Anyone notice in yesterdays game City v Chelsea, City played with Milner basically on top of Hazard for the whole game? Soon as Hazard got on the ball be was attacked by 2-3 players all willing to foul him. Stop Hazard and you stop Chelsea per se. Check todays game and Arsenal did that with Coutinho, Flamini and Arteta were in front and behind him and we found it increasingly difficult to get him into the game especially in the second half. How many times were we forced to try a long ball from the backline that was swallowed up by the Arsenal defence? Hats off to Wenger for that had them well up for that challenge. (Not that Coutinho didn't make a few good 1 on 1's for us that we didn't score from somehow BUT as the game went on he had a rake of intercepted passes).

Counter to that, BR made an error imo, he switched to a back 3 to accomodate Allen/Hendo/Coutinho/Gerard all on the field at the same time. It was a massive error. We lost the width of Flannagan and Cissoko (Who actually did ok in possession today) and basically had Sterling playing right back for a large portion. Not where you would want him. ALSO, we couldn't get out of our own half cos they blocked Agger from ever receiving the ball short and allowed Skrtel to take it - we know how that ends. Poor from Brendan there.

Anyway ... obviously denied a stonewaller and we did create more than enough to at least draw that game. We played well enough not to lose the game but just lacking a little at times. Don't think too many are that dissapointed though cos we are all focussed on the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

No excuses now anyway, 1 game a week until May, barring injuries we should be able to secure 4th (3rd??) with our run in.

No, it makes it wrong though. Any poster that hhave posted here for a decent amount of time knows what Alans like,

My opinion that he shows up a hell of a lot more often when we lose than when we win is wrong? Really?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

mav79 wrote: »
    Agger really hates when an attacker is in his face. Absolutely great footballer but seems to hate when things get physical.

It's all quite weird, because I remember him locking down Drogba a couple of times against Chelsea. Was outstanding in both games (one in the CL and league or FA Cup?). Ever since then he's never really put in a similar performance and shy's away from it.

Hopefully Barca are still interested in him come the summer, and hopefully Sakho is back ASAP.

My opinion that he shows up a hell of a lot more often when we lose than when we win is wrong? Really?

It is wrong, yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just caught the end of a Dalglish tribute on sky
    John Barnes "He was the greatest Liverpool player of all time and therefore the greatest British player of all time"
    Hmmm John himself was pretty special for a time

It is wrong, yup.

Well we shall have to agree to disagree and stop derailing the thread then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Before last week i figured we'd probably win one of the two games against them and all in all i'm very happy we won the one we did. In fact I would have taken the win in the league over a draw in the league and a win today without thinking twice about it.
    We played pretty well today, certainly much better than the last time we played there. The improvement throughout the season is pretty obvious (pity about the lack of defensive improvement but sure starting from the top is more fun to watch anyway!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

All the crying from Arsenal fans about Liverpool fans being bad winners is really coming round to bite them in the hole today. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

out of this week i would have taken 6 points and been knockout of the fa cup every single time. we have clawed 5 points back on arsenal and 5 on city (albeit they have a game in hand but points on the board and all) and then 2 points on chelsea.

today sucked. we played great and got unlucky. but a win today would have been merely a bonus for us.

fair play to arsenal. they may not have been the better team but they took their chances and rode their luck. fair play to them. you do need luck every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I thought we played really well today...away to Arsenal....where we got played off the park before Christmas. Thought we looked like the home team most of the match to be honest but if you don't take your chances you don't deserve to win I guess.

And to add to the 'no excuses' line being trotted out.....I don't think this time will offer up any excuses. We are playing a some brilliant stuff and are genuinely a team that no other team wants to play. I think we will continue this the rest of the season and will run it close to the end. If we don't make it then I don't think there will be any excuses trotted out...you make it on merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    It's all quite weird, because I remember him locking down Drogba a couple of times against Chelsea. Was outstanding in both games (one in the CL and league or FA Cup?). Ever since then he's never really put in a similar performance and shy's away from it.

Hopefully Barca are still interested in him come the summer, and hopefully Sakho is back ASAP.

The guy lacks bottle, simple as that. Always say to any striker that plays a lone role even at club level - take a look at the centre halves for the first 15mins, decide which one is the weakest and stick to him all game. Pick on him. There is always 1 centre half more vulnerable than the other. Sanogo never once went near Skrtel for an aerial duel - very clever. Agger is just a very average centre half when it comes to aerial duels. Needs to man up bigtime. Well suited to Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    All the crying from Arsenal fans about Liverpool fans being bad winners is really coming round to bite them in the hole today. :D

Seriously, you seem to post nothing but very bitter digs at other clubs, gives us non bitter fans a bad name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement