Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

MD1990 wrote: »
    Mignolet for me doesn't give the defence much confidence
    scared to come off his line for crosses since he suffered a bad facial injury a few years ago
    & very poor with the ball at his feet but is an excellent shot stopper & at 1 v 1's

His distribution tonight was definitely suspect, maybe just needs better training?

Does anyone think Oliver Baumann of SC Freiburg would be worth a punt? 8 million should get him. Decent keeper and young, very good shot stopper. Maybe not somebody we could afford to have sitting on a bench though when the money could be better spent further upfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

djPSB wrote: »
    Should there be such a large gap between Arsenal and Everton? Seems excessive.

It does...

Been checking back and it appears I had a bit of a brainfart the same night when I forgot to deduct United's score... I gave Everton -0.5 instead of +0.5...

I thought I've been pretty careful totting up the cores but I'm going to double check all of them now as there's no point doing it if I've fudged up the scores somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I thought Sturridge was very unlucky to be subbed tonight, I can't remember him doing much wrong and I probably would of subbed Couthino.

Suarez is just so untouchable, even though he didn't have a great game tonight, he was still my man of the match for his work rate.

stream I watched, robbie earl gave motm to Gerrard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

The following is from Kerrydale Street, a Celtic site. Based on current rankings, and assuming that in the CL qualifiers the highest seediest teams go through*, next years pots will look something like this:

*even if they don't! it provides a good indication of the level of side that will be there

Pot 1
    155.656 Barcelona (Spain 3)
    150.656 Real Madrid (Spain 2)
    Q150.156 Bayern Munich (Germany 1)
    136.806 Chelsea (England 1)
    119.059 Benfica (Portugal 1)
    112.806 Arsenal (Non-Champion Q)
    110.656 Atletico Madrid (Spain 1)
    103.059 Porto (Non-Champion Q)

Pot 2
    95.156 Schalke 04 (Germany 3)
    80.156 Borussia Dortmund (Germany 2)
    78.233 Paris Saint-Germain (France 1)
    78.193 Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine 1)
    74.187 Juventus (Italy 1)
    73.899 Zenit St. Petersburg (Non-Champion Q)
    73.565 Basel (Switzerland 1)
    72.806 Manchester City (England 3)

Pot 3
    70.156 Bayer Leverkusen (Non-Champion Q)
    Q67.720 Olympiacos (Greece 1)
    64.862 PSV (Non-Champion Q)
    61.862 Ajax (Netherlands 1)
    58.806 Liverpool (England 2)
    58.059 Sporting CP (Portugal 2)
    Q46.185 Red Bull Salzburg (Champion Q)
    39.687 Roma (Italy 2)

Pot 4
    39.451 Steaua Bucuresti (Champion Q)
    38.260 Standard Liege (Belgium 1)
    Q36.813 Celtic (Champion Q)
    34.340 Besiktas (Turkey 1)
    Q33.725 BATE Borisov (Champion Q)
    28.870 Sparta Prague (Champion Q)
    20.899 Lokomotiv Moscow (Russia 1)
    11.233 Monaco (France 2)

So Barca, BVB and Monaco or Bayern, Juve, Monaco would be worst case scenario imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Four of us are heading over for the Spurs game this weekend.

Unfortunately we've only been able to scrape together three tickets...

Any recommendations for the best pub near the group to watch the game? - I have a pathetic record when it comes to coin toss / shortest straw etc and fully expect to be the one missing out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

opr wrote: »
    Crowd were awful tonight. They put unnecessary pressure on the team from a very early stage when it remained 0-0. They then started this party atmosphere in the ground like the game was over at 2-0 which seemed to feed into the players. I expected a champions league quarter/semi final atmosphere with a crowd roaring on the team with a wall of noise from start to finish but it was nothing of the sort.

Opr

I was in the kop and it was shocking all you could hear was the Sunderland fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Grayditch wrote: »
    About the closes I'll come to watching LOI...

can-o-worms.gif
    Good to know, that Liverpool fans can spell. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Hey guys,

It looks like l will be in London for the last game of the season, are the boozers allowed to show the games?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fúck me that was nervy. I was watching it 2 hours behind everyone else as I successfully managed to keep away from the score until I got home at 10pm to watch the game on sky+. Important 3 points though, but who knows if we have the know how to see through tight games against better teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Madworld wrote: »

Immense burn...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The sweet, beautiful, grammatical irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

pull down the shutters, this guy has just won the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

5starpool wrote: »
    Fúck me that was nervy. I was watching it 2 hours behind everyone else as I successfully managed to keep away from the score until I got home at 10pm to watch the game on sky+. Important 3 points though, but who knows if we have the know how to see through tight games against better teams.

We'd want to be two/three goals up within the last ten minutes tbh. Even against Cardiff I started to get a bit worried when they pulled it back to 3-5, lashing of 5 minutes of injury didn't help either. No idea how we'll cling on to 1 goals leads against City, Chelsea or Spurs an beating those teams by 2 or more will be very difficult.

monkey9 wrote: »
    The greatest praise I can give Rodgers right now is that if Rafa became available and I could appoint him Liverpool manager, I'd say 'let's just see where this is heading with Rodgers"

I think Rodgers deserves a lot more credit than that, Rafa's Liverpool time was great and delivered many trophies but that time came to an end and we have been through many ups and down since then but this Rodgers side is really up against it regarding very strong opisition and dosen't need to be compared to a very successful past manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

tumblr_mdc3azBRqU1r9wv9ro1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've been on redcafe, blue moon and arse-mania, the HATE is strong! :pac: Its great!

The City kids really are hilarious, the worst of the lot. Probably the thought of having spent 600,000,000 quid and maybe winning nothing more than a League Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Chelsea: 69 pts:
    Palace (A)
    Stoke (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Norwich (H)
    Cardiff (A)

Liverpool: 68 pts:
    Spurs (H)
    West Ham (A)
    City (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    Palace (A)
    Newcastle (H)

City: 66pts:
    Arsenal (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    West Brom (H)
    Palace (A)
    Everton (A)
    Villa (H)
    West Ham (H)

Arsenal: 63pts:
    City (H)
    Everton (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Hull (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    West Brom (H)
    Norwich (A)

Huge weekend coming up. At this stage Chelsea are favourites, coming to Anfield after City really is an advantage: City probably have to come to win, Chelsea may only have to avoid defeat. really it's a case of "whoever blinks first". Arsenal are surely out of the title race now. Everton must have a sneaky chance of the final CL spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Spurs have been showing a great deal of fightback lately. Eriksen is going to be all over our defence and it's going to be a real difficult match. Is Adebeyor going to be out? A win for us and a draw between Arsenal and City would be savage, and it's not beyond possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Spurs have been showing a great deal of fightback lately. Eriksen is going to be all over our defence and it's going to be a real difficult match. Is Adebeyor going to be out? A win for us and a draw between Arsenal and City would be savage, and it's not beyond possible.

No need to worry about Spurs, Dawson is back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

T-K-O wrote: »
    Hey guys,

It looks like l will be in London for the last game of the season, are the boozers allowed to show the games?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    To be honest I think the "clever" thing was what put him off, making him think 'what do I earn my living with".

ah come on he's not that smart :pac:

I think it was on the Guardian football podcast they were also talking about this last week. Tony Evans saying Rodgers didn't want Sturridge. He had vetoed the deal completely in a previous transfer window and was forced to take him in January window. (Pinch of salt as with all these things)

Opr

sounds like he hasn't a clue what he's talking about tbh

Whoever is in charge of getting transfers done at Liverpool needs to up their game. We cannot afford to go into a Champions League campaign missing out on big signings like we have recently

I think if we are in the champions league it'll be a lot different tbh..more money and less of the pieces of the jigsaw to fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Is there anyone that Rodgers did want to sign?

Crowd were awful tonight. They put unnecessary pressure on the team from a very early stage when it remained 0-0. They then started this party atmosphere in the ground like the game was over at 2-0 which seemed to feed into the players. I expected a champions league quarter/semi final atmosphere with a crowd roaring on the team with a wall of noise from start to finish but it was nothing of the sort.

Opr

yeah they shouldn't sing at all and get some plastic flags out.. WTF!?! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Good win tonight, ground it out in the end, a few nervous moments
    Tougher tests to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    You're wanted in the match thread, Starscream.

If there's a crown going it will be MINE!!!

mada999 wrote: »
    sounds like he hasn't a clue what he's talking about tbh

Sounds like its a couple of years old and is irrelevant to whats going on at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Augmerson wrote: »

My best mate got me a Liverpool jersey with my name on it tonight as it's my 30th next Wednesday, I was ****ing stunned. Absolutely sound out! Been following Liverpool with him now for years and watched so many matches with him, it really mean't a lot to me. Made the win tonight really special.

YNWA

tumblr_lzn8lgweTD1qcbzi7.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

as a united fan I'd like to see Liverpool win it, I have massive respect for Rodgers and no respect for oil rich clubs like Chelsea and City. I`ll get destroyed for saying this but when a club with history prevails I'm happy about it. That being said you`ll need a good chunk of luck along the way in the last few games, mainly beating City and Chelski at home. I wanted Arsenal to win it but they're kinda out of it now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

nuxxx wrote: »
    as a united fan I'd like to see Liverpool win it, I have massive respect for Rodgers and no respect for oil rich clubs like Chelsea and City. I`ll get destroyed for saying this but when a club with history prevails I'm happy about it. That being said you`ll need a good chunk of luck along the way in the last few games, mainly beating City and Chelski at home. I wanted Arsenal to win it but they're kinda out of it now...

of all my mates that support united, i have 2 that think like this. they are also the most knowledgeable people I know regarding soccer too. for years when united would win it would kill me, and i would hate the G nevilles of this world but could never doubt the class of Scholes, Keane, Giggs etc.
    If we win brilliant, if we don't, so be it. Its been a great year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I don't believe you. A non-Liverpool fan would never begin a post stating which team they support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

gafferino wrote: »
    Pheeewwwwwwww
    Literally my head was in the pillow the last 15 mins. Gerrard gave Skrtel some bollocking for that Altidore chance.....and rightly so.

As brilliant as he was at times I also thought Suarez was a little too selfish. He could have laid it off to Sturridge a couple of times when it was a better option.

As Gerrard said post match we need to learn to shut up shop. Probably a good kick up the arse for us going forward.

Bring on Spurs.....giddyuuppppp all aboard its gonna me a wild few weeks me thinks.

At first glance I thought you had cleverly put 7 w's at the end of phew to represent our 7th win in a row whilst also conveying your relief at tonight's win. Imagine my disappointment when I actualy counted that there were 8. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mormank wrote: »
    At first glance I thought you had cleverly put 7 w's at the end of phew to represent our 7th win in a row whilst also conveying your relief at tonight's win. Imagine my disappointment when I actualy counted that there were 8. :(

Ooooooh, he missed a sitter there Jeff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ooooooh, he missed a sitter there Jeff.

Jeez this post was weird at first cos all I could think was was how on earth does he know my name? Then, I got it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is there anyone that Rodgers did want to sign?

Joe Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Washington Irving is winning the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thought Johnson was awful last night. Started off with a couple of wayward shots and he defended quite poorly at times but it was his distribution and attitude that killed me.
    Played a ridculous ball into Sturridge last night and then gave him a "Why are you shouting at me look/shrug"

Henderson/Coutinho/Gerrard all stood out for me. Now I'm worried if Gerrard is suspended before the yellow card deadline. Surez had a bad game by his standards and only looked about the third best player in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Thought Johnson was awful last night. Started off with a couple of wayward shots and he defended quite poorly at times but it was his distribution and attitude that killed me.
    Played a ridculous ball into Sturridge last night and then gave him a "Why are you shouting at me look/shrug"

Henderson/Coutinho/Gerrard all stood out for me. Now I'm worried if Gerrard is suspended before the yellow card deadline. Surez had a bad game by his standards and only looked about the third best player in the league.

Id have to disagree on the Johnson point. Yes he did have a few wayward passes and shots. But he was the only one trying to get in behind the Sunderland defence first half.

And Suarez did have a bad game. But still having your best player still look menacing even on a bad game is something :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Johnson had a mare...again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I thought with 20 mins to go, or shut up shop time, it was a luxury we could not afford to have coutinho suarez and sturridge on. Sterling worked hard to get back in defense when he came on but I thought we woyld have benefitted from lucas coming on for coutinho to try to close them down a bit better and keep the ball. As talented as coutinho is, as the game goes on his appetite for closing players down noticeably wanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I think Rodgers deserves a lot more credit than that, Rafa's Liverpool time was great and delivered many trophies but that time came to an end and we have been through many ups and down since then but this Rodgers side is really up against it regarding very strong opisition and dosen't need to be compared to a very successful past manager.

Someone mentioned the Cup runs under Kenny yesterday and how it compares to now.

It's not even close for me, I'd take what we have now every time.

As a non United, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Everton, Spurs, Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland, Palace, Norwich, Hull, Fulham, West Brom, Southampton, Swansea, Cardiff, West Ham, and Stoke fan, I must say, I'm fairly interested in madworld's, 'Kids who can spell, but can't quite comma so good', grammar school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

As a Liverpool fan, fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Knex. wrote: »
    As a non United, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Everton, Spurs, Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland, Palace, Norwich, Hull, Fulham, West Brom, Southampton, Swansea, Cardiff, West Ham, and Stoke fan, I must say, I'm fairly interested in madworld's, 'Kids who can spell, but can't quite comma so good', grammar school.

I read this as, you're a Stoke fan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Knex. wrote: »

As a Liverpool fan, I find your theories interesting and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I read this as, you're a Stoke fan :)

Might need to sign you up to that school, too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

An Arsenal win would be fantastic along with us getting the 3 points v Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

had a terrible realisation last night.

the kolo toure pass v West Brom is what is keeping us off the top with 7 games to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

djPSB wrote: »
    Someone mentioned the Cup runs under Kenny yesterday and how it compares to now.

It's not even close for me, I'd take what we have now every time.

I'd take trophies every time myself. Sad the way finished 4th is now more important than winning a cup but i guess im old school like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement