Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The Suarez/City rumour started last week. I'd say its

clay.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Flanagan impressed me by how composed he could be on the ball yesterday. Not the best at going forward or dribbling with it and seemed a bit nervous in advanced areas but i remember him turning Bardsley twice when put under pressure. He's pretty good awareness of his surroundings. Considering how young he is I hope we'll see his attacking game improve in the near future. Getting in another LB to play ahead of him should be pretty low down in our list of priorities in the summer imho.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Agueroooo wrote: »
    ...and so it begins.

and will only end @12pm 31.8.14

enjoy the ride !

12pm is midday :)

It'll go on until 5pm on the 1st probably actually, as the 31st is a Sunday, and I think it's usually extended until 5pm the next day in that case.

That Suarez story is clearly bull at this stage anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i have no doubt that suarez is staying at least another season. anyone who watches his passion and delight when we score a goal will know that he is commited.

Yeah because he looked so miserable every time he scored last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

gafferino wrote: »
    Yeah because he looked so miserable every time he scored last year.

of course not. stop fishing for some 'thanks'. hes obviously commited to liverpool and cant wait to play in the champions league next season for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

of course not. stop fishing for some 'thanks'. hes obviously commited to liverpool and cant wait to play in the champions league next season for us

errr ok.

Pretty clear what I mean and Im not really bothered getting into it with you if you dont get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Money cannot buy what Suarez gives to Liverpool.

Suarez is to Liverpool what Messi is to Barca. He is irreplaceable regardless of what fee is involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I am Johnson and Aggers worst critics. They are what i call plastic defenders, look great going forward and cannot defend as they should be able, Flanno has put them both to shame with his performances of late simpoly cos they guy might lack the suave but makes up for it with determination and aggression. Strangely enough i think that Johnson returned from his latest injury BETTER than he was before it - he is back to good work going forward which shows how bad he was before it! I agree our backline doesn't always install confidence but they have to be credited cos they have gotten us this far and that includes with possibly our best player out of action for a long time ... Sahko. Or what we believe to be our best player, yet he seems to have gotten mysteriously better simply by not playing. Do we really know what he's like? How can we say he'd get into City/Chelsea's sides? He cannot get into our side yet. Jury is still out imo but he "looks" better than what we have for what its worth!

I dunno if many people think we are a quality outfit, but we are certainly quality going forward i am sure most would agree. I think BR knows this and thats why attack is definitely the best form of defence.

In either, the original point was that were were uncomfortable for 90 mins last night when we were not. We were in complete control up until their goal (Which resulted from the usual Agger too busy chickening out of avoiding heading the ball like any decent Centre half should do) and looked comfortable and most likely to add to our 2 goals.

I do agree we have some way to go before we are the finished article, but isn't that the great thing about this season? Even with a suspect backline we are still marching on. Its is great to watch and the rollercoaster is brilliant. I prefer to watch the games without worrying about how fragile we can be defencively and concentrate on how bloody great we are in possession going forward.

It is there to be enjoyed not feared.
    On Sakho, I just feel from what I've seen of him , at PSG mainly, that he has the potential to be as good as the likes of Kompany in the PL. I've no doubt he'll prove he was a great signing.

I agree with you 100% on the enjoyment factor, though. It's been the best season of my time as a Liverpool supporter. Getting up at all hours to watch in Oz has even been enjoyable!

However, I'm finding harder and harder not to get nervous as we're so close to the end of the season and still there in a shot for the title. I think its built into most of us following this club that we'll eventually be let down but every week we keep churning out results. I was nervous all day yesterday and that doesn't usually happen for a league match.

I still think City and Chelsea are a bit ahead of us as favorites but I can't explain how much I'd love it if we pipped both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Let's not do Suarez to City this week. For all that is beautiful and holy in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Flanagan impressed me by how composed he could be on the ball yesterday. Not the best at going forward or dribbling with it and seemed a bit nervous in advanced areas but i remember him turning Bardsley twice when put under pressure. He's pretty good awareness of his surroundings. Considering how young he is I hope we'll see his attacking game improve in the near future. Getting in another LB to play ahead of him should be pretty low down in our list of priorities in the summer imho.

If you could mix Flanagan and Enrique you'd have the ideal full back. Composure going forward, rarely beaten one on one, will give you 100% every time, a fat arse to back into whoever comes near, shoulders like Brock Lesnar and a Scouse accent. He'd probably be ugly as fcuk though, but you'd still have a horn watching him bomb up and down the wing.

Flanrique!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

If there was any truth in the rumour, why would Marca break it? An English or Uruguayan source would be far more likely.

Given the commotion last summer, if Suarez does go, its likely to be a long, drawn out negotiation. I can't see it being one of these overnight things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Said it before, we can't give him much more reason to stay, well, barring winning the league, but if Real come in with £100 Million you never know.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He may well end up at City this summer, although I sincerely hope not. The one thing I am sure of though is that there is zero chance anything of the sort is even being negotiated now, never mind agreed. If for some insane reason, Suarez's agent has been negotiating with City I can't see Henry/Liverpool taking kindly to it and just letting him go.

It is just bullcrap reporting from Marca who are hardly know as the source of truth for football transfer stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

K-9 wrote: »
    Said it before, we can't give him much more reason to stay, well, barring winning the league, but if Real come in with £100 Million you never know.

i just think that he just like us feels something special is happening at liverpool under rodgers and thinks he can win silverware here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

That suarez man city story is from last week and nobody batted an eye at it, some hit based website probably just regurgitated it again today for hits. Nothing story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Actually, Flanagan attacks very well as a FB, back when he was still playing for our Youth Setup.

What I think is happening, is that Flanagan is still pretty much in Awe of his more Senior Teammates. That's why he continues to Defer to them when Attacking.

Electing to Pass the Ball more, in Fear of making a Mistake in front of them, rather than do something more Productive with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Gerrard still having trouble tracking players running off him. Ki gave him the run around last night soon as he came on. He'd better get it sorted before the likes of silva and oscar (or even eriksen) roll into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

hefferboi wrote: »
    On Sakho, I just feel from what I've seen of him , at PSG mainly, that he has the potential to be as good as the likes of Kompany in the PL. I've no doubt he'll prove he was a great signing.

I agree with you 100% on the enjoyment factor, though. It's been the best season of my time as a Liverpool supporter. Getting up at all hours to watch in Oz has even been enjoyable!

However, I'm finding harder and harder not to get nervous as we're so close to the end of the season and still there in a shot for the title. I think its built into most of us following this club that we'll eventually be let down but every week we keep churning out results. I was nervous all day yesterday and that doesn't usually happen for a league match.

I still think City and Chelsea are a bit ahead of us as favorites but I can't explain how much I'd love it if we pipped both of them.

I dunno if it helps or not, that City and Chelsea are ahead of us, in some ways i think it should cos we are playing with a sort of "shot to nothing" approach. But as we seen in last 20 mins yesterday, even though we are outsiders, nobody expected this and now it is right in front of us its kinda scary that we are so close. Thats wat makes it so exciting!

I looked at my "PL prediction for 2014" post the other day and i basically said to be in with a shout of being top4 would be brilliant, to be playing in games that you must win when it mattered. This season regardless of how it finishes is just so good it feels great to be a Pool supporter again! (Once we get top4 which we will of course ;)))

Enjoy those nerves, its been so long since we've had them it feels brilliant! I think if i were to focus on the negatives too much it would kill me with high blood pressure, my kid still says "Oh jesus Agger/Johnson bottling it again" when we watch games which is obviously my influence ;) but i am determined to focus on the attacking side ... a dream to watch at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,920 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That story coming from Marca makes me think Madrid are after Aguero and that they are trying to soften the blow to City by telling the City fans they have a chance at getting Suarez after they lose Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Actually, Flanagan attacks very well as a FB, back when he was still playing for our Youth Setup.

What I think is happening, is that Flanagan is still pretty much in Awe of his more Senior Teammates. That's why he continues to Defer to them when Attacking.

Electing to Pass the Ball more, in Fear of making a Mistake in front of them, rather than do something more Productive with it.

That's good to hear. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him anyway. It's great having players from the youth team make the step up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Is flanno not more comfortable on the right?, maybe buy a good young left back to challenge enrique and use flanno as back up for Johnson on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

djPSB wrote: »
    Someone mentioned the Cup runs under Kenny yesterday and how it compares to now.

It's not even close for me, I'd take what we have now every time.

Yep regardless of how this season finishes, it will be etched in my mind for many years. The high scoring results against Everton, Arsenal, Spurs and the double over utd has made it a season never to forget.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Love this pic of the banner from last night, the kop looked great.

x0s0i8.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Just on news...13 police officers being questioned under caution by IPCC with regard to Hillsborough. Can't link as I'm on mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

for the first time in my 39 years i was actually nauseous last night watching us,all day it had built up, watched the game from my bed,and untill we scored i actually thought that i would need to spew to get rid of the feeling,thank god we scored when we did, i doubt i could have taken much more ..

it eased a lot after my first wake the neighbours kids scream and had more or less abated completely after the 2nd went in and we were cruising for a 3rd ..

then THAT happened and by god my stomach tightened almost instantly ,and i physically winced and groaned at o shea's chance near the end ..how the fcuk am i gonna last the season,how do the players cope,im gonna need therapy to help me through it,its consuming my thoughts,and im dreaming up scoreline scenarios in my head and game plays .

im 39, ive waited a long time for this ,most of us have .. utd's fans have been so spoilt this last 2 decades i doubt they even feel any of the above when they were winning everything ..

what a rollercoaster this season is,more to come ..if we win the league this season,and i survive it,then i can take anything thats thrown at me thereafter,as its probably what i want most at this moment in my life,sad as that may sound to some,have my kids,woman..happy there..

this is the endless void,this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

There's a long way to go in this league, 8 games, I thought we looked very nervy last night and it frightened me.

I think we will beat Man City at home, but Chelsea and Mourinho, I'm not sure. The way they took apart Arsenal theother day.

There's no doubt about it, Mourinho is a fantastic manager and tactically so astute, I think he'll try to hem us in from the start and that's where we could be in trouble. We couldn't cope with Hazard and Willian running at us in the bridge.

But then he has a history of playing conservatively away from home, and boy are we gonna be up for it. And obviously Rodgers will have his own tactics. Oh god.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Grayditch wrote: »
    About the closes I'll come to watching LOI...

can-o-worms.gif
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Immense burn...
    Knex. wrote: »
    The sweet, beautiful, grammatical irony.
    pull down the shutters, this guy has just won the internet.

Sorry lads, that was out of order. I know how important the standard of football is to Liverpool fans. Who can blame the poster? He just wanted to see some future Liverpool legends and global footballing icons along the lines of Vincent Weijl and Robbie Threlfall, having seen them in the flesh at previous games.

Anyway enjoy the match, and hopefully you can beat the 'Manc Scum'. Sorry, Shamrock Rovers scum.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-title-race-reds-win-3290263

Look at the first gallery on this page

Not sure if this has been posted already, makes the hairs stand on the back of your neck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm starting a new job on the 10th of April and it's going to be full on hard work 7 days a week for about 4 weeks. I want to laugh coz I been looking for a job for a long time, but I want to cry coz I will miss watching Liverpool matches live. Gonna miss the City, Chelsea, Norwich and Palace games. Fook!!! I have missed very few matches this season.

I'll have to get myself a radio and headphones. I grew up with listening to Liverpool matches on the radio back when we were great. Now we are great again, I'll be listening again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Daniel Sturridge ‏@D_Sturridge 37m
    I'm honoured to be the fastest player since the 1890s to score 30 league goals for Liverpool FC.

Ah yes I remember George Allans 1885/96 season well.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm starting a new job on the 10th of April and it's going to be full on hard work 7 days a week for about 4 weeks. I want to laugh coz I been looking for a job for a long time, but I want to cry coz I will miss watching Liverpool matches live. Gonna miss the City, Chelsea, Norwich and Palace games. Fook!!! I have missed very few matches this season.

I'll have to get myself a radio and headphones. I grew up with listening to Liverpool matches on the radio back when we were great. Now we are great again, I'll be listening again.

No chance you get get to watch them on your phone even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Jobs will come and go! Can't be missing this run in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jordan Henderson has the same number of assists this season as Eden Hazard (7) and one less than David Silva and Mezut Ozil (8).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Jordan Henderson has the same number of assists this season as Eden Hazard (7) and one less than David Silva and Mezut Ozil (8).

That is fantastic for him, he has created a couple of nice ones this season that involved intricate little flicks in and around the box. Such a great attitude to working hard, his professionalism is incredible, this is the type of player young kids watching the game should be aspiring to!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

A good piece from todays Tallaght echo on the Irish HJC cup.

xel5rs.jpg

2im5b7t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

rarnes1 wrote: »
    No chance you get get to watch them on your phone even?

Ha!! Not a chance with my cheap ass phone! Hopefully after 4 weeks work I can afford a good phone!

Ah well, there is something about listening to matches. Anyway, I'll be back to watching MOTD again and of course I'll keep coming back to this thread. It's one of the first places I come to when I go online. I feel at home here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dub13 wrote: »
    A good piece from todays Tallaght echo on the Irish HJC cup.

xel5rs.jpg

2im5b7t.jpg

Great to see Carlo Ancellotti involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-title-race-reds-win-3290263

Look at the first gallery on this page

Not sure if this has been posted already, makes the hairs stand on the back of your neck

Makes me wonder what it would be like to win it, would surpass Istanbul and that CL campaign for me. Liverpool fans get plenty of stick about our year :D, but to be even this close to something this unlikely and unpredicted is what following football is all about.

Always felt Istanbul was just fate for me, and I don't really believe in that or God stuff, but if we did do it this year I'd have to reconsider!

To be even considering it in a realistic way is some achievement, and yep we've had a good few things go for us, but it's been a very special season and they don't come a long that often.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Blondie919 wrote: »

I know the feeling. I've spent a good portion of my adult life at sea following Games through HF radio initially, and more recently, the bbc live text now that limited internet is available on ships. It's pretty miserable.

On the plus side, I end up watching season review DVDs without a clue how half the games finish

K-9 wrote: »
    Makes me wonder what it would be like to win it, would surpass Istanbul and that CL campaign for me. Liverpool fans get plenty of stick about our year :D, but to be even this close to something this unlikely and unpredicted is what following football is all about.

Always felt Istanbul was just fate for me, and I don't really believe in that or God stuff, but if we did do it this year I'd have to reconsider!

To be even considering it in a realistic way is some achievement, and yep we've had a good few things go for us, but it's been a very special season and they don't come a long that often.

If we did it this year, the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough, that I watched as a 9 year old and vividly remember crying to my dad about what happened and every news story we saw the number rose and rose, if we did it this year, I'm beginning to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Silva could be a doubt for city on saturday, hopefully hes out. Would love a draw/arsenal win in that game.

I have a funny feeling Arsenal might get something from the game.

That'd be pretty savage. Dirty feeling we'll draw with Spurs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I have a funny feeling Arsenal might get something from the game.

They might get something alright....they might get hammered again.

Hope I'm wrong and you're right though.

They might get something alright....they might get hammered again.

Hope I'm wrong and you're right though.

They have to get something from one big game don't they?? If they did take something off City it'd make it really interesting as they have to travel to Everton and us.

An Arsenal win might would also seriously dent Spurs hopes of top 4 and may give us an easier game.

I'm just making stuff up as I go along tbh

Jesus, if Arsenal let Spurs into 4th, I'll lose the rag.

Ahem, providing we can finish 3rd/higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I know the feeling. I've spent a good portion of my adult life at sea following Games through HF radio initially, and more recently, the bbc live text now that limited internet is available on ships. It's pretty miserable.

On the plus side, I end up watching season review DVDs without a clue how half the games finish

That explains why you think Fellaini is better than Gerrard :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement