Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Morzadec wrote: »
    Cheers for djPSB for pointing out a little flaw here. My score for Everton was not quite right. Had me worried I had the whole thing fudged up, but I've checked all the teams against the fixtures remaining and that was the only one wrong (even still slightly off when I corrected it last night - must have slipped up somewhere else :o)

This is definitely 100% correct:

Imo this table does not show the strong position City are in.

Their score is relatively low as they have 3 tough away games (1 ppg target for a CL chasing team) left - Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton.

These are tough fixtures, but one would expect a team of City's quality at the business end to probably come away with more than 3 points from these 3 games - that's the problem with this model which was originally set up to track progress for CL spots.

Imo City, with their games in hand, are certainly in a stronger position than shown here.

Perhaps you could represent the fixture-difficulty weighted table by making an aggregate of the (current points + points expected from remaining fixtures). would allow the factoring of games remaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

F*ck that....would rather they took a hammering on Saturday and Everton took points off City. Wouldn't mind seeing Everton in 4th....as long as we finish above that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Grayditch wrote: »
    That'd be pretty savage. Dirty feeling we'll draw with Spurs...

Spurs hoors have an advantage in that they had the full week off.

Although they do have the disadvantage that their manager has the tactical know how of a panda. No offence to pandas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

rarnes1 wrote: »
    They have to get something from one big game don't they?? If they did take something off City it'd make it really interesting as they have to travel to Everton and us.

An Arsenal win might would also seriously dent Spurs hopes of top 4 and may give us an easier game.

I'm just making stuff up as I go along tbh

Think I posted it way back when we were in a race for fourth, and it's gotten forgotten with the Liverpool games against City and Chelsea, but Everton can play a big part in how the season ends up. Arsenal and City to go there and also United, which could be interesting for different reasons!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

djPSB wrote: »
    Spurs hoors have an advantage in that they had the full week off.

Although they do have the disadvantage that their manager has the tactical know how of a panda. No offence to pandas.

They have a fire still in them and I don't like that. I'll physically slap my self in the face if we brush them aside, though, for worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind seeing Everton in 4th....as long as we finish above that.

I think I'd die from laughter.

Knex. wrote: »

That would be a bitter sweet moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

At Arsenal?....see that's why we have the worst fans, not just in football but in sport....sh*t like this.

:D Would be absolutely hilarious. Spurs, Arsenal and United fans going mad and we'd be guaranteed CL football and finished above them, so all good!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

At Arsenal?....see that's why we have the worst fans, not just in football but in sport....sh*t like this.

It would be more the fact that, United, the Champions, take Everton's manager and end up 7th. Everton take a manager that got relegated, and end up 4th. Its too perfect.

Arsenal and Spurs missing out would just be the cherry on top, for us.

Nah, Arsenal in the top 4 for me. The world of football has to retain some sort of balance... or... something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

djPSB wrote: »
    That would be a bitter sweet moment.

What, Knex dying and us finishing top three?? Jeez, what's your beef with Knex?

monkey9 wrote: »

At least he said bitter, I suppose :pac:

monkey9 wrote: »

Bahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

F*ck that....would rather they took a hammering on Saturday and Everton took points off City. Wouldn't mind seeing Everton in 4th....as long as we finish above that.

I am shocked.

:eek:

(not really)

• Advertisement

Rodgers and Martinez getting both clubs into the CL would be remarkable achievements in fairness. I don't know how people who didn't rate both of them could comprehend their wrongness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

I really don't understand how people let go of reason just because of their dislike of a team.

I hope Arsenal get all 3 points and Yaya Toure gets a red card for knocking out the ref!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

brevity wrote: »
    I really don't understand how people let go of reason just because of their dislike of a team.

some people are haters and haters gonna hate

brevity wrote: »

I hope Arsenal get all 3 points and Yaya Toure gets a red card for knocking out the ref!

Well, if you think we're not going to win the league, then you would want Arsenal to lose. Helps in sustaining long term Top 4 for us if they fall out of CL footy this year.

Regardless, Arsenal win is what I want. I think they'll get a point at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Well, if you think we're not going to win the league, then you would want Arsenal to lose. Helps in sustaining long term Top 4 for us if they fall out of CL footy this year.

Regardless, Arsenal win is what I want. I think they'll get a point at least.

At least? Really? I'd be surprised if Arsenal can pick themselves up against City, Chelsea pulled them apart and i expect City to roll over them.

At least? Really? I'd be surprised if Arsenal can pick themselves up against City, Chelsea pulled them apart and i expect City to roll over them.

I dunno. Call it a hunch. I mean, its not like they're United :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

A plane will fly over ot on saturday during their match with the slogan " wrong one moyes out" sweet jesus can you believe that what a pathetic shower they are, they will be the laughing stock of world football:D

I don't think that's gonna happen. I hope not. I'd start to feel bad for the fans at the ground and I don't wanna be put in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

shamrock55 wrote: »
    A plane will fly over ot on saturday during their match with the slogan " wrong one moyes out" sweet jesus can you believe that what a pathetic shower they are, they will be the laughing stock of world football:D

I couldn't believe it when i read it earlier.

To be fair though its most likely a tiny minority of plastic fans doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

shamrock55 wrote: »

seriously :eek: ??

they should put the effort into getting behind their team instead. idiots

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I couldn't believe it when i read it earlier.

To be fair though its most likely a tiny minority of plastic fans doing this.

The plane thing is a bit silly, but the term plastic fan is bandied about far too often these days. If they can't have their own protest banner in the stadium this is at least a good way of expressing their anger and it being high profile. I'm not sure what makes any of that 'plastic fan' worthy? Are you saying they shouldn't want to protest against the manager?

5starpool wrote: »
    The plane thing is a bit silly, but the term plastic fan is bandied about far too often these days. If they can't have their own protest banner in the stadium this is at least a good way of expressing their anger and it being high profile. I'm not sure what makes any of that 'plastic fan' worthy? Are you saying they shouldn't want to protest against the manager?

Of course they can protest against against the manager but is there a more classless way if doing it than doing a bloody fly by? Thats what makes them plastic imo.

I wouldn't say plastic, myself. It's definitely not a good idea, though, I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Take a look over in the utd thread, i nearly pissed myself when i read it, tbh i think its the pits and would do nothing but be embarrasing for any club, now if the fans organised a proper protest outside the ground fair enough but flying a plane back and forth over the ground just doesnt sit well with me, even though im loving it, pity they wouldnt drop fliers from the plane all over the pitch during the game now that would be funny:D

• Advertisement

Whiparound for a second fly by? "Moyes4Life"

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The plane is a silly idea, but I still don't like the use of plastic fan in this instance. If that phrase should ever be used it should be used for those that have minimal interest in football until 'their' team is looking like winning something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hope there is Blue skies over Manchester for the fly over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

hi all, talk about over reaction from united supporters...sorry I mean those who only exist since skysports took over.... I know genuine united fans( god bless us and keep us safe from all harm) who know their stuff....and say moyes deserves a decent shot at the job....I agree :D...but genuinely he is not as bad as he has appeared this season....and even the evertonians in my family will agree on that.
    for me personally..i wish them nothing but torment..and years of it, but the voice of reason tells me that every manager deserves at least two seasons...cough not you woy cough cough
    but the evil empire wont rule anymore....
    a chink of light has broken through the dark clouds.... now lets finish the job! YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

5starpool wrote: »
    Super-Rush wrote: »
    Of course they can protest against against the manager but is there a more classless way if doing it than doing a bloody fly by? Thats what makes them plastic imo.

It's an idea born of frustration and desperation I think - they haven't been allowed to have protest banners in the stadium, and are even being blocked by the stewards from taking down that ridiculous "Chosen One" banner.

It's clearly a bad idea, but I can understand the rationale (or lack thereof) behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

any links to the moyes out plane banner story guys? my friend doesnt believe it.

I really hope that doesn't happen. As a football fan, I really do.

I would genuinely empathize with the majority of United fans who would hate to see it happen too. Turning one of the biggest clubs in the world into a circus, and an absolute laughing stock.

Sure we laugh at their misfortune under Moyes this season, but hiring a fucking plane to fly a "Moyes Out" banner? That's a whole new level.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    any links to the moyes out plane banner story guys? my friend doesnt believe it.

You're never gonna believe us...

• Advertisement

Probably a publicity stunt for some banner or private plane company

I really hope that doesn't happen. As a football fan, I really do.

I would genuinely empathize with the majority of United fans who would hate to see it happen too. Turning one of the biggest clubs in the world into a circus, and an absolute laughing stock.

Sure we laugh at their misfortune under Moyes this season, but hiring a fucking plane to fly a "Moyes Out" banner? That's a whole new level.

The problem is The Chosen one banner, I'm sure some thought it was a good idea, probably some even on here, but it was asking for trouble. Now that they wont take it down, these feel they have to go to these lengths.

Still, why not just boo Moyes and show their disapproval in the ground? Seems a more logical step!

K-9 wrote: »
    Still, why not just boo Moyes and show their disapproval in the ground? Seems a more logical step!

Can just imagine Phil Neville consoling him ala, Smithers and Burns.

"No, they're saying 'Mooo-yes'".

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Great vid here from our Norwegian fanclub, nice editing ( 'cept for Owens occasional voiceover)

and for some nostalgia ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

was delighted with henderson the other night
    he was mad up for it, mouthing at the ref and their players, he didnt care that it was his ex club, he was just mad to win.good attitude
    thats suarez rubbing off on him im sure
    competitive to the last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Liverpool making a proper tilt at the premier league title for the first time since the formation of the premier league? Those Liverpool fans must be reveling in that situation. What's that you say? They're more interested in some bloke flying a plane with a banner over Old Trafford? Oh you silly Liverpool fans, will you ever learn?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Cocaine is a helleva a drug

nullzero wrote: »
    Liverpool making a proper tilt at the premier league title for the first time since the formation of the premier league? Those Liverpool fans must be reveling in that situation. What's that you say? They're more interested in some bloke flying a plane with a banner over Old Trafford? Oh you silly Liverpool fans, will you ever learn?

I know yeah. Like we ignored it all the countless other times fans hired planes to fly over their club stadium with "manager out" banners.

Run of the mill stuff, United focus, completely here.

nullzero wrote: »

LOL United fans would never revel in Liverpool doing badly! We get it, United fans are just better than ours.

LOL United fans would never revel in Liverpool doing badly! We get it, United fans are just better than ours.

We couldn't even afford a plane :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Ha ha. Yeah you know it's the truth. The moral high ground remains ours you scouse scallywags with your Stevie G's and your king Kenny's.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement