Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

nullzero wrote: »
    Ha ha. Yeah you know it's the truth. The moral high ground remains ours you scouse scallywags with your Stevie G's and your king Kenny's.

cool_26e6f6_3018739.gif?w=490&h=392

Must be weird being on such a high morale ground, yet a fairly flat and middle league position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I always seemed to regard the majority of utd fans I know to be a bit patronising, but lately their true colours are now starting to show and the bitterness they really feel towards Liverpool.

I much prefer it this way as I admire honesty in a person;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Knex. wrote: »
    Must be weird being on such a high morale ground, yet a fairly flat and middle league position.

Bah Dumb, Tish.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Liverpool making a proper tilt at the premier league title for the first time since the formation of the premier league? Those Liverpool fans must be reveling in that situation. What's that you say? They're more interested in some bloke flying a plane with a banner over Old Trafford? Oh you silly Liverpool fans, will you ever learn?

Who do you support?

Who do you support?

Its quite confusing when people don't initiate their sentences with, "As a ___ fan", isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Liverpool making a proper tilt at the premier league title for the first time since the formation of the premier league? Those Liverpool fans must be reveling in that situation. What's that you say? They're more interested in some bloke flying a plane with a banner over Old Trafford? Oh you silly Liverpool fans, will you ever learn?

eZqHk28.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Knex. wrote: »
    Its quite confusing when people don't initiate their sentences with, "As a ___ fan", isn't it?

What we got here is a classic case of Catch-22.

If nullzero says he's a United fan, he'll have stated who he supports and is therefore, a Liverpool fan. If he doesn't state who he supports, we can't be sure which standpoint he is coming from and discussion will be stilted until we have further information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Ah its not the first time.

More like the 2nd and a half time!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Its more of an issue your side than ours tbh.

Utd at this point in the season, and for a few weeks now have been an irrelevance when it comes to all things related to LFC push for CL, and or a title challenge.

Everything else is just banter and you've got to realise there are years worth of 'comebacks' bottled up, so take em on the chin and who knows the shoe could be back on the other foot next season, but really dont expect any let up for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

This plane thing is brilliant. They couldn't just do what every other group of fans in the world do and chant "Moyes out". No, one season without a sniff of a trophy and they have to get a plane involved. They're making a tit of themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Raheem interview with the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26774538

Shocking revelation:
    He only has one child!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

LiamoSail wrote: »
    This plane thing is brilliant. They couldn't just do what every other group of fans in the world do and chant "Moyes out". No, one season without a sniff of a trophy and they have to get a plane involved. They're making a tit of themselves

It's something I'd expect out of Paddy Power's marketing department of fun & games. I can't believe fans are considering doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

You hear the vast majority of OT fans every match singing their sorry hearts out.

Theses plane banner lads mustn't have large enough numbers to get a Moyes Out chant going..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Ah its not the first time.

More like the 2nd and a half time!

Probably could have won the last time had Rafa not been such a geebag about playing Robbie Keane.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I was gonna give a proper response but then I recognised your username and remembered this and how much of a show you made of yourself, this was pretty hilarious

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89487264&postcount=1233

Now I probably won't be able to take you seriously ever again, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

United fans leading by example yet again putting us all to shame ... shouldn't we be all pitching in for a banner to fly across the Liverpool sky saying "Brendan, one game at a time, we are all revelling in the dream, this is a great season, you are the man for the job and have made great progress this year, YNWA" ... obviously for safety and financial reasons we can just make it "Brendan IN, Moysie too" ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Didnt we do the plane thing ourselves..albeit not about a manager

SM01 wrote: »
    Raheem interview with the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26774538

Shocking revelation:
    He only has one child!

His nickname is Heemio :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Didnt we do the plane thing ourselves? Albeit not about a manager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Should we really give a fc*k what United fans fly over Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Probably could have won the last time had Rafa not been such a geebag about playing Robbie Keane.

Maybe look up Liverpool's record from January onwards after they sold Robbie Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Whiparound for a second fly by? "Moyes4Life"

0.jpg

I'm expecting to see the pilot take his mask off and reveal it's Krusty the clown.

Sky are covering the build up for the flight I presume. Jeff Shreeves live from the cockpit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A challenger appears....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Tattoo-da-Plane-Moms-Grilled-Cheese-Truck.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Maybe look up Liverpool's record from January onwards after they sold Robbie Keane.

Maybe he is saying we played him too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I posted that about the plane yesterday afternoon and it went under the radar but I see by the reaction it wasnt just me who was surprised.

Its absolutely outrageous for someone to go and organise something like that. It does absolutely nothing to help the club and is quite vicious. Id be surprised if most Utd fans agreed with that course of action.

I for one would be disgusted if a plane was flown over Anfield for that reason. There are other ways to show your displeasure with club/manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Aww, you're cute. You haven't a clue what you're talking about though.

Oh yeah that season where we won 10 and drew one from the last 11 and hit what 86 points.

Unfortunately Utd went on a similar run but that's the way it goes.

That total would have won the league most seasons. Good chance 86 will be enough this year too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

gafferino wrote: »
    I posted that about the plane yesterday afternoon and it went under the radar but I see by the reaction it wasnt just me who was surprised.

Its absolutely outrageous for someone to go and organise something like that. It does absolutely nothing to help the club and is quite vicious. Id be surprised if most Utd fans agreed with that course of action.

I for one would be disgusted if a plane was flown over Anfield for that reason. There are other ways to show your displeasure with club/manager.

True...but with the amount of crosses in a United game meaning a lot of fans will be looking up this is the most effective way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Seriously who gives a fcuk what they do we have bigger and better things to be worrying about

Seriously who gives a fcuk what they do we have bigger and better things to be worrying about

I would say the same about any club. I personally dont give a f*ck about Utd and what they do. If any club fans did this I would think it a disgrace.

We have nothing to be worrying about!

I give a **** for football reasons, not because its United. Same way when Cardiff's owner changed their colour, and other things like that.

There's stuff you don't want to see as a fan of the game, and this is certainly one of them.

Everton have announced they are planning to erect a permanent tribute at Goodison Park to the 96 Liverpool fans who died at Hillsborough.

The Blues have revealed they have been in discussions with an Everton supporter whose brother lost his life at the 1989 FA Cup semi-final.

Everton head of media and communications, Mark Rowan, said: "Plans at this moment are in the early stages. But we have a commitment to unveil a memorial to coincide with the 25th anniversary of that tragic day.

"Evertonians and the club have always stood shoulder-to-shoulder with the families of the Hillsborough victims and we feel it is fitting that our home should have a permanent tribute to the 96."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/160028-everton-plan-tribute-to-96-at-goodison

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tickets confirmed for the Aviva game ,not sure what players will make the trip but even if we are celebrating top 4 it will be great.
    Heading over for the Chelsea game before that,what a tense affair that will be, cant wait !

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

What they're going through is miniscule compared to what Liverpool has gone through be it in recent years or going further back, on and off the pitch. You'd swear their club's existence is being threatened with the way some of them are right now, so I don't have much sympathy for them. Some will say otherwise now I'm sure, but make no bones about it, many of them nearly got what they wanted a few years ago when H&G were still here.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Everton have announced they are planning to erect a permanent tribute at Goodison Park to the 96 Liverpool fans who died at Hillsborough.

The Blues have revealed they have been in discussions with an Everton supporter whose brother lost his life at the 1989 FA Cup semi-final.

Everton head of media and communications, Mark Rowan, said: "Plans at this moment are in the early stages. But we have a commitment to unveil a memorial to coincide with the 25th anniversary of that tragic day.

"Evertonians and the club have always stood shoulder-to-shoulder with the families of the Hillsborough victims and we feel it is fitting that our home should have a permanent tribute to the 96."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/160028-everton-plan-tribute-to-96-at-goodison

---puts on flame retardant jacket---

I have a little hope in me that Everton get that 4th spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Agueroooo wrote: »

They'd be my choice (assuming we take, 3rd (at least), of course :D)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Agueroooo wrote: »

It would be good for the league (as is us challenging for the title).

Shows it isn't predictable, the top 4 isn't a lock, and that teams with disadvantages in terms of resources challenge above their station.

It would be a phenomenal achievment for Martinez and enough to warrant Manger of the Year imo, barring us winning the league

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Tickets booked for the Aviva. Hopefully we play a bit better than in the Celtic game last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I have slagged united fans for years calling them glory hunters, while they laughed at us in midtable. Its easy to support a team when they are winning, but when they are losing is when you see the real fans.

Ive supported Liverpool since I was 6, roughly about 1994. Admittedly I lost interest in football in general around 2002 for a few years (teenage years :D).

1999 was a terrible time to be a Liverpool supporter, just ****ing awful United did a clean sweep, a domestic and European treble. And let me tell you there was numerous people in my class at the time defected to united.
    Those same people where/are the ones pissing and moaning in my facebook feed about Moyes. They just had 25 years of unprecedented success but they can't take one season off the top?

Real childish stuff like 'I cant bear to watch this team anymore' and 'Im not supporting united until they sack David Moyes'

David Moyes is the wrong man imo and while I detest Ferguson, I respect him and he has earned the right to put his faith in a man he thinks will take the club forward.

Some people just like to back a winner and a terrible losers, that's not me personally. I have two mates who follow West Ham and Leeds and they have been through the mire, they still go to about 10 games a season each of them, I just have huge respect for that.

Any united fan under 30/35 has only every known success.

I would be happy to see Everton take 4th - it means Arsenal/Spurs/Utd wouldnt get it and thus reduce their appeal to the top calibre of footballer. United probably still will due to their wealth and history but it would mean players wanting to play CL football for an English club will come to us, City or Chelsea - I cant see Everton having a large budget or be a good longer term option for 'top top' players.

rob316 wrote: »
    I have slagged united fans for years calling them glory hunters, while they laughed at us in midtable. Its easy to support a team when they are winning, but when they are losing is when you see the real fans.

Ive supported Liverpool since I was 6, roughly about 1994. Admittedly I lost interest in football in general around 2002 for a few years (teenage years :D).

1999 was a terrible time to be a Liverpool supporter, just ****ing awful United did a clean sweep, a domestic and European treble. And let me tell you there was numerous people in my class at the time defected to united.
    Those same people where/are the ones pissing and moaning in my facebook feed about Moyes. They just had 25 years of unprecedented success but they can't take one season off the top?

Real childish stuff like 'I cant bear to watch this team anymore' and 'Im not supporting united until they sack David Moyes'

David Moyes is the wrong man imo and while I detest Ferguson, I respect him and he has earned the right to put his faith in a man he thinks will take the club forward.

Some people just like to back a winner and a terrible losers, that's not me personally. I have two mates who follow West Ham and Leeds and they have been through the mire, they still go to about 10 games a season each of them, I just have huge respect for that.

Any united fan under 30/35 has only every known success.

Your the Liverpool forums Sammy Etoo :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

More praise for Rodgers. All of the players speak so highly of him.

Sterling's form for Liverpool since Christmas has been electrifying. He has scored seven goals this season and set up many more. He cites Brendan Rodgers as a huge influence.
    "He's helped me massively," Sterling explains. "Not only with my footballing game but if I need someone to talk to off the field he's there for me. I've got to really give credit to him and thank him a lot."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

For all those saying why should we care about whats going on at Old Trafford ... i CARE ;) ... Ferguson is their gatekeeper for 20 years and he made it personal - he made it about knocking Liverpool off their ****ing perch - unfortunately they did and the fans all bought into that and never let us live it down. Yes we had some great times and that was what we called the 80's! So we plodded on through it all and kept our heads held high, picked up a champions league on the way, showed glimpses of what we were and how important it was for us to get back to competing again. We endured the Roy era, Gillette and Hicks almost ruined us ... it was a horrible few seasons for the club and supporters.

... they have had 20 years of pure success, sometimes unrivalled. Laughed at their neighbours and ridiculed them for not being able to compete. They've grown a set of new age fans, of the 20 year+ bracket that do not know anything other than success and how easy it must have seemed to them. League after league title being collected.

So pardon me for having a chuckle at them having fallen from grace, not just fallen but completely slipped from the top so fast that even the most imaginative of fans would never have believed they'd have such a season. It is refreshing for the game, it is a wake up call to their fans that things cannot last forever and when you take your eye off the ball everything can do downhill fast. We have waited so many season for them to transition, Ferguson was a freak and although his accomplishments will always be respected it is a double irony that the man who made them what they are today, has also made them into what they always feared. He used his influence and god like status to install the next generation of United staff and has made them swallow it by fisting the mantra "Stand by your manager" down their throats.

It is like a soap opera really, it is so compelling that it's hard to turn away from the drama that unfolds after each result rolls in. This whole aeroplane thing is just the icing on the cake really. They couldn't even go 1 season without making a complete show of themselves in the most embarrassing fashion. Blaming the manager as a scapegoat when there is no magic wand to cover the fact that the squad are just nearing the end of the road.

Long may it continue and we should make no apologies for enjoying the show they put on. Doubly funny since we are the ones cashing in on their fall from grace.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Morzadec wrote: »
    It would be good for the league (as is us challenging for the title).

Shows it isn't predictable, the top 4 isn't a lock, and that teams with disadvantages in terms of resources challenge above their station.

It would be a phenomenal achievment for Martinez and enough to warrant Manger of the Year imo, barring us winning the league

And they're doing so playing positive football as well to be fair to them which one can appreciate, even if there is a complete lack of plan B from Martinez from a tactical standpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Fleg protests are always funny, as NI has taught us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Manchester United's troubled defence of their Premier League title is harming the English top flight's worldwide brand, says the competition's chief executive Richard Scudamore.

Let the Benny Hill show continue.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Manchester United's troubled defence of their Premier League title is harming the English top flight's worldwide brand, says the competition's chief executive Richard Scudamore.

Let the Benny Hill show continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

rob316 wrote: »

Snap! Got my first shirt aged 6 with Rush on the back in 1994. And had the same spell aged 15/16 where I wouldn't say I lost interest, but it certainly waned a little bit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement